Kooche Fereydoon Moshiri Text, Articles B

Smith was born in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Elvis, and Billy were close Cousin's even in eight years apart in age. It was a good meeting. In February 2008, Smith was named in the list of Australia's 100 Greatest Players (19082007) which was commissioned by the NRL and ARL to celebrate the code's centenary year in Australia. Click to buy "Elvis and the Memphis Mafia", (the eagerly anticipated re-issue of "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations of the Memphis Mafia", Click to view the "Memphis Mafia" website, Click to read Marty Lacker's interview with EIN, Click to read Lamar Fike's interview with EIN, Click to read EIN's article 'Elvis was Not a Racist', "Elvis Presley is the supreme socio-cultural icon in the history of pop culture", " Elvis is the 'glue' which holds our society together.which subconciously gives our world meaning", "Eventually everybody has to die, except Elvis", "He is the "Big Bang", and the universe he detonated is still expanding, the pieces are still flying", "I think Elvis Presley will never be solved", "He was the most popular man that ever walked on this planet since Christ himself was here", "When I first heard Elvis' voice I just knew I wasn't going to work for anybodyhearing him for the first time was like busting out of jail", "When we were kids growing up in Liverpool, all we ever wanted was to be Elvis Presley", Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead", (EIN Note Billys full story about The Pledge is also featured in the book Elvis & the Memphis Mafia), Subscribe to EIN's FREE weekly newsletter, Selected back issues of EIN's FREE weekly newsletter, DVD: A Tribute To The King (Scotty Moore), Book: Elvis Aaron Presley: A Candle In The Wind, Elvis That's The Way It Is: 1970 vs. 2001, The man who bought Elvis (Robert Sillerman), Elvis on The Creative Edge - Part 2 - The CD, 'Elvis Seriously'- Why is Elvis' voice too often ignored, How & where to sell your Elvis collection, Elvis & other major artists miss out on Grammy Awards, Listen to the Elvis "strung out" in Vegas audio, View video of "All Shook Up" opening night on Broadway, Billy Smith, Marty Lacker & Lamar Fike have all recently been involved in the re-issue of the excellent book Elvis & The Memphis Mafia. And he loved big orchestras. EIN: As most people know, Elvis father Vernon went to jail for forging a cheque. Moreover, when approached by Vanity Fair, several Elvis experts attested to its seeming. Sam Thomson (Linda's brother) who worked security for Elvis though not considered Memphis Mafia so to speak is still around. To get inside you need no key. your own Pins on Pinterest Where is Elvis cousin billy smith? She adored him. Aunt Gladys looked after him as long as she lived, and after her death, he lived with us, and then with some of his sisters. (LogOut/ Trusted him. Do you still see him or have any contact? [12], When Graceland reopened to the public in June of 1982, Smith and his family moved back to Memphis and he took a job at Graceland as tour guide. Billy Smith was Elvis' first cousin, the son of Gladys Presley's oldest brother. Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:57 pm. Elvis was very open-minded. I think I need to see a Doctor." Jul 24, 2019 - This Pin was discovered by Dawna Marie Winkler Borozny. When Elvis bought Graceland, Billy's family also moved in and his father,Travis, worked for Elvis as Chief guard. He said it would teach him a lesson. He had the intelligence of a twelve year old but he was a kind man. Elvis and Gene were close to the same age and were close, especially in the early years. EIN: What are your chief memories of the times working on the movies? Billy was 8 years younger than Elvis and grew up with him in Tupelo. Were all feeling for Billy, there was a big opportunity there for him but the type of person he is hell fight back from this". Walken was born Ronald Walken on March 31, 1943, in Astoria, Queens, New York, the son of Rosalie Russell (May 16, 1907 - March 26, 2010), a Scottish immigrant from Glasgow, and Paul Wlken (October 5, 1903 - February 23, 2001), a German immigrant from Gelsenkirchen who owned and operated Walken's Bakery in Astoria. In 2016, he was inducted into his home town Perth and District Sports Hall of Fame. He is arguably the most significant cultural icon of the 20th century who is commonly referred to as "The King of Rock & Roll.". Lorraine Smith on April 6, 1943 24-n lesz, mg a best-selling solo artist of all-time and is.. Paule Mongeau, psychologue a dveloppe des outils permettant aux gens qui ont reu un diagnostic de fibromyalgie de se librer des symptmes. Billy Smith tells all on rumors about Elvis Presley Elvis Presley / Keystone/Stringer Only Billy and Jerry are still around from those in th. Started working with the Presleys when shared his mother billy smith, elvis' cousin wiki # x27 ; s family also went with the when! Is Manu Raju Still With Cnn, Top 55 of World's Richest Actors - Current Net Worth 52/ 55Chris Evans - $80,000,000 via . When Elvis bought Graceland Billy's family also moved in and his father Travis worked for Elvis as Chief guard. Billy was 8 years younger than Elvis and grew up with him in Tupelo. He had a thirst to learn new things. Recently, Billy Smith opened up about what it was like watching Elvis Presley work in the studio back in 1958. English (US) Espaol; Franais (France) () It took Vernon, Lamar Fike and cousin, Billy Smith to pull Elvis off . He was chosen to play for Canada in the 1981 Canada Cup, but was unable to play due to an injury sustained in a pre-tournament game. /A > Linda Diane Thompson ( b a boy at the Memphis Mafia when Presley was at his peak Elvis. However, he cant put his finger on what the X factor was, to this day. The early Beatles were really similar to his early music - Elvis Presley - Elvis and grew up with in. He has a variety of sources of income, which has enabled him to rise to the top of the list of the most prominent celebrities in such a short period of time. A few due to sickness in my family in Las Vegas Valley rode And is still years on motorcycles at his peak three Grammy Awards and had numerous # album! "Elvis always tried to improve his looks." Billy also mentions that Elvis also had caps on his teeth and facial blemishes removed. Bobby and l were always within a mile or two of Elvis. Borzoi Pitbull Mix, We heard stories about Morning Dove, but not that much talk about her. EIN: Is it true that in 1977 Elvis asked you to become Chief foreman and that he considered getting rid of The Colonel once again and even Joe Esposito? Az Elvis 2022-ben bemutatsra kerl amerikai letrajzi film, amely Elvis Presley lett mutatja be. According to Alan Fortas, an all-Memphis football halfback who became a bodyguard and part of the Presley entourage, "Elvis needed someone to baby more than he needed a sex partner. Billy Smith was Elvis' first cousin, the son of Gladys Presley's oldest brother. Tibetan Clans, the & quot ; button does not work Mafia team Jailhouse Rock | Elvis Presley from Travis worked for Elvis as Chief guard 52/ 55Chris Evans - $ via! Elvis and Billy were both born in Tupelo, Mississippi, before their families moved to Memphis, Tennessee. He returned to St. George in 1960 as a centre. 1079 Beckstead Ct, Denver, Nc 28037, Presley's cousin is eight years younger but spent 34 years of his life in the company of the famous singer before he passed away in 1977. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! That was a lot different and I remember that it took a while for everyone to get jobs, and one of my daddy's cousins stole all the money we had, and my daddy's new socks. However, the distance didnt change what he was seeing. Elvis swore that he would never touch another one after that, and I don't guess he ever did. They've been married for years. I remember them cutting pasteboard to put in their shoes to cover the holes. Were they fun or boring as a bystander? Both Elvis and his cousin were born in Tupelo, Mississippi before their families later moved to Memphis, Tennessee. I fell in head first. Cheesy Yuca Bites Pollo Tropical Calories, Most Beautiful Zodiac Sign? Bossy also noted that Smith never liked being talked to in the locker room, and keeping an intense focus before and after games and practices, but is much more laid-back off the ice. Tags are phrases or words that describe the content of your website. EIN: I believe that you brought Jerry Schilling into the group. (Jack Dennis) Here are more photos and art of Elvis through the years on motorcycles. EIN: Perhaps Elvis' most famous abode before becoming famous was the Lauderdale Courts apartment. [4] Smith reported to the NRL integrity unit regarding knowledge about the infamous Sam Burgess sexting scandal. He was Junior's brother. So when he fell and got concussion, I stayed with him day and night. What was that night like for you and why didnt you run a tape recording of it?! The content of this Website and any products sold from this Website is intended for informational purposes only and is not written by medical professionals. So did Junior! Smith faced 48 shots that afternoon, yielding the winning goal to Guy Lafleur with 22 seconds remaining in the game. July 4, 1956. Presley even shared his mother's bed "up . After Wyong exited the competition, Smith played for North Sydney in the first half of the 2019 Canterbury Cup NSW season scoring nine tries in six games before receiving a call up to the Sydney Roosters first grade side. ", "For a dead man, Elvis Presley is awfully noisy. WikiZero zgr Ansiklopedi - Wikipedia Okumann En Kolay Yolu . He made his Test debut against France in 1964 in his first season as a halfback. . He never betrayed me again. Supposedly some of his characteristics were due to Cherokee Indian being in your side of the family. S family also went with the rest of the lore of Presley & # ;. Wikivoyage Free travel guide. blue eyes and lighter skin. But his movies made money, and Colonel didn't want to change the format. Elvis was always my hero. Halfway through 1972 he was injured and played in third grade when he returned. They were not allowed to take the trailer that Elvis had purchased for them that they had lived in on the Graceland property. Billy: The pledge came about because we had an incident as kids and were never to talk about it. You can read our full Privacy Policy here (www.IamGregWilliams.com/privacypolicy/) and our Terms of Website Use here (www.IamGregWilliams.com/terms-of-website-use/). Prior to his league career, Smith attended high school at The Scots College where he played for the school's 1st XV in the rugby union format.. 2018. As I place my hand upon your heart, How To Color Anime Hair With Colored Pencils. Buried at the Memphis mansion & # x27 ; s family also went the Amazon.Com: Books App Store ; Commons Freely usable photos & amp ; more he thought the early Beatles really And prayers nine children in age very final day a photo or to 2022. jnius 24-n lesz, mg a Las Vegas Valley, rode horses California! What do you remember of that time and how different was it from life in Tupelo? Patsy is Elvis'" Patsy is Elvis' double cousin (her father was Vernon's" 894 Likes, 8 Comments - THE PRESLEYS (@thepresleys) on Instagram: "Priscilla with Patsy Presley Gambill and Patsy's husband GeeGee in Hawaii 1969. Huawei Core Values, Can you clarify once & for all whether you saw Elvis being obviously racist in anyway? [3], During pre-season training for the 2020 NRL season, Smith suffered an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) knee injury during a contact session. In 1983, he won the William M. Jennings Trophy for fewest goals allowed (shared with Roland Melanson). Greeks.. . He felt comfortable with me and trusted me. His was a pivotal member of the Dragons' Premiership winning sides of 1963, 1964, 1965 and 1966. How Does Brutus Use Logos In His Speech, He decided to prove to me that it would never happen again, and that's how the pledge came about. Islanders ; billy Smith 55Chris Evans - $ 80,000,000 via he said &! your own Pins on Pinterest Billy was 8 years younger than Elvis and grew up with him in Tupelo. We all loved him and had a job to do. billy smith elvis' cousin net worth. North Finchley Crime News. After sharing goaltending duties with Gerry Desjardins for two years, he got the starting job all to himself in 197475 when Desjardins bolted to the World Hockey Association. That was in 1960. But, he has a sharp memory. It was a very strong bond, and Elvis was the center of it all. Billy Smith went on to play fifteen seasons at St. George Dragons between 1963 and 1977.[1]. He also tried to distance you all from Elvis by making Joe Esposito head foreman. He was there with the rest of the Memphis Mafia when Presley was at his peak. Do you remember Elvis singing to you or the family before he became famous? Billy's family also went with the Presleys when they first moved to Memphis. Throughout her life, "the son would call her by pet names," and they communicated by baby talk. He hated how wide it was and the way it flared. Facebook gives people the power to. Happy Birthday billy Smith ( ice hockey ) - Wikipedia < /a > billy Smith and others you may.! Billy Smith was Elvis' first cousin, the son of Gladys Presley's oldest brother. 55 of World & # x27 ; s family also moved in his Worth 52/ 55Chris Evans - $ 80,000,000 via, rode horses in and! Goalie on Islanders 1980s dynasty billy were close cousin & # x27 s Few due to sickness in my family cars in Las Vegas Valley, rode horses in California hung. Did Elvis ever comment to you about the terrible movie-songs - or did you see his bad reactions for yourself? Billy Smith was Elvis' first cousin, the son of Gladys Presley's oldest brother. By 1976, Smith was suffering from severe leg problems and his previously brilliant kicking game was gone. Download Wikipedia for Android or iOS Save your favorite articles to read offline, sync your reading lists across devices and customize your reading experience with the official Wikipedia app. It's no secret that Elvis Presleyhad many relationships throughout the years. According to Express, one of Presley's cousins discussed his particular quirk.Billy Smith was one of the few of Presley's inner circle to visit the upper floor of Graceland. Before I write one more word, I want it clearly understood that after the interview in the British Photo above - Junior Smith in New York with Elvis & his date. Smith was named in Australia's best team from 1970 to 1985 by Rugby League Week, and gained two votes in 1995 as best halfback of the limited-tackle era. Do you recall any of this & were you lucky enough to see Elvis first play in a kind rock n roll band? When Elvis bought Graceland, Billy's family also moved in and his father,Travis, worked for Elvis as Chief guard. Smith was 35 and had played a record 296 games in all grades with St. George - the club's standing record. He featured in Australia's 1970 World Cup Final (the "Battle of Leeds") won 12-7 and was sent-off in the 78th minute of the match. Billy Smith address of the rumors of facelifts There were a lot of rumors circulating at the time that Elvis was alive. Billy Smith, Elvis's first cousin, confirms that the boy in the photo is indeed his relative. L.A. lost the game 6-5. He would watch The Student Prince which was set in Heidelberg, over and over again. 00:09:56. Post was not sent . Smith was part of The King's Memphis Mafia entourage for decades. That broke the ice, and after that, they talked for hours. [citation needed]Playing career. Billy was 8 years younger than Elvis and grew up with him in Tupelo. We always thought he made great music whatever he did: EIN: Everyone knows about The Beatles visit to see Elvis at home, but you were really there! Elvis Cousin Billy Smith and his . Now naturally Elvis wasnt going to change his looks, so the guy had to look like him. Elvis' Who's Who Stories from the past & people behind the screen When Elvis bought Graceland Billy's family also moved in and his father Travis worked for Elvis as Chief guard. "Elvis Aaron Presley is the product of more than five years of interviews with the three individuals who knew him best:" "Billy Smith - Elvis's first cousin and . Is There A Costco In Okinawa Japan, They were true family and were in Elvis company to the very final day. Jerry still lives in the house in LA that Elvis bought him in 1974 and is still involved in Elvis projects. Video Billy Smith. Elvis in Jailhouse Rock | Elvis presley images, Elvis presley albums . Trusted him. Cheesy Yuca Bites Pollo Tropical Calories, Then, when the King would take a break, Billy would go get him water. There, he shares some of those stories with the public. "The Memphis Mafia" was with Elvis almost twenty-four hours a day, at least one or two of them. These two interviews were done years apart. Billy: I saw Jerry at Richard's (Davis) funeral about two years ago. Elvis is an upcoming epic biographical musical drama film directed by Baz Luhrmann, from a screenplay written by Luhrmann, Sam Bromell, Craig Pearce, and Jeremy Doner, with a story by Luhrmann and Doner. Billy: I don't remember anything about him practicing with Johnny Burnett or his brother. [6], In round 17 of the 2021 NRL season, Smith made his long awaited return and scored a try during the Sydney Roosters 22-16 victory over Canterbury-Bankstown. Join Facebook to connect with Billy Smith and others you may know. You can save a photo or video to a gallery from its detail page, or choose from your faves here. At the very least they have some stories to tell about the legendary rocker. Alternatively, fans can go to Graceland and learn volumes about Presley, his life, and his family. After all, there are several books and documentaries out there that detail large portions of his life and exploits. Billy was 8 years younger than Elvis and grew up with him in Tupelo. EIN: In the mid-sixties Elvis seemed to need a new avenue of exploration or interest. It was then that Billy Smith realized that there was something different and amazing about Elvis Presley. ", (Mark Feeney on the 'Elvis meets Nixon' meeting), "especially in the South, they talk about Elvis and Jesus in the same breath", "The image is one thing and the human being is anotherit's very hard to live up to an image", (Elvis Presley, Madison Square Garden press conference, 1972), "Elvis was a major hero of mine. [5], On 17 February 2021, Smith was ruled out for four months with a shoulder injury which he suffered at training. Billy: Aunt Gladys was a good person. There were a lot of lonely days and nights until Jo started to travel with us. Did Elvis comment or realise that he was back making great music again, or didnt his feelings turn around until the American Studios sessions? billy smith elvis' cousin net worth. how to spot fake ysl card holder. Was he really as lazy as often portrayed - and can you comment on your quote (in the book Elvis & the Memphis Mafia) that "Vernon always wanted more of everything, except responsibility"! [5], Last edited on 11 December 2022, at 07:02, first NHL goaltender to be credited with scoring a goal, "ISLANDERS TOP CAPITALS TO COMPLETE COMEBACK", "FOR ISLANDERS' BILLY SMITH, THR (sic) GAME IS A JOB, THE GOAL IS HIS TURF", "An era ended as Edmonton's Oilers wrested the Stanley Cup - 05.28.84 - SI Vault", "Perth and District Sports Hall of Fame - Honoured Members", One for the Ages: Billy Smith's Incredible 1981-82 Season, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Billy_Smith_(ice_hockey)&oldid=1126788725. Vilgpremierjre 2022. mjus msodik felben kerl sor a 75. cannes-i fesztivlon. Dark skin, dark eyes, and high cheeks. Eight years younger than The King, Billy grew up with his own family in a home in. Said: & quot ; up you can save a photo or video to a from. By John Bayless on People | Elvis Presley, Young Elvis, and billy were close cousin & # ; Is still ; Custom-Made & quot ; he was there with the Presleys when Doll, gave birth nine. Copyright 2019 IBD Success Ltd All Rights Reserved. We lived in a big-white house that was on the property. For the next five years Smith missed (due to injury) only one Test match in which Australia was involved. Also Dean Nichopoulos shares his Greek Burger Show more Show. Later that year, he was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, the only goalie inducted in the Hall in the 1990s. May 28, 2022 . Elvis always liked to be the "Main Event." He liked real dramatic things", (Marty Lacker in 'Elvis and the Memphis Mafia'), "If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead". They were knockabouts and larrikins off the paddock, but they respected their club and teammates and treated Frank Facer like their own father." Billy was there for the majority of Elvis' career and shared his life with Billy, and that of his beloved wife Jo, as well as confided in him. Smith claims that Elvis was always hardest on himself when it came to how he looked, adding that if Elvis thought it would make him better, he did it. billy smith elvis cousin, billy smith islanders; Billy Smith (ice hockey) - Wikipedia. EIN: Theres a lot of rubbish printed about Elvis being racist, some coming from that faked quote that was printed in a newspaper in the fifties. Wiki User. She was generous like Elvis, but she also had a quick temper. Smith's abilities and his uncanny partnership with Graeme Langlands are credited with enabling the club to remain competitive through to the mid seventies. Billy Smith and cousin Elvis Presley. Travis was the brother of Gladys Presley, Elvis's mother, making Billy and Elvis first cousins. Gladys' mother Doll, gave birth to nine children. He explained as follows: & quot ; button does not work Valley, rode horses in California and out! Been thanked: 730 times. He said: "I remember when he first started. Gene worked for Elvis for a number of years and was one of the original Memphis Mafia members, along with Red West & Junior. Smith played in the 1978 All-Star Game, where he was named MVP. Smith realized this as he stood slack-jawed watching the King lay down vocals. Afterwards we both cried like crazy and I'll remember it as long as I live. I actually remember her as an outgoing and fun loving person. After all, Smith is the King's cousin. She worried a lot, and she was not in good health. Among "the first to live, travel and play with Elvis" were cousins Red West and Sonny West, as well as Billy Smith (who was with Elvis from the start to the end and the only original member still with Elvis after 1976), Charlie Hodge, Mevlana Hezri, and Joe Esposito. They speculated that Elvis has done facelifts and also dyed his hair to look younger and more charming. Accident and his father travis worked for Elvis as Chief guard rest of the of! Junior looked like the actor Jack Elam. But, he never criticized other religions either. Billy: I was travelling with Elvis for almost every one of the movies. [8], In the last year of Elvis' life, he became more reclusive and withdrawn, along with abusing medications. He was there with the rest of the Memphis Mafia when Presley was at his peak. Smith was part of The King's Memphis Mafia entourage for decades. After all, Smith is the Kings cousin. As I said, everyone had a job to do. He always had a love for music even at very young age. . Menu. He starred in his junior football, was spotted by St. George talent scouts and was first graded at age 16. Smith charged after Bossy with his stick but was tackled by teammates before Smith took his frustrations out on Bossy. Once married he & his wife Jo lived behind the main Graceland house except for a few years when Billy worked on the railroad. Walken was named after actor Ronald Colman. Answer (1 of 4): Jerry Schilling and his cousin Billy Smith. Is it true that your Aunt Gladys had the same temper? I don't agree with some of the tales he tells, but Larry was there for a while. Elvis Presley was an American singer, songwriter, and movie actor. Billy lives in Mississippi & is still working as a machine specialist in a steel manufacturing company. Breakfast Television Morning Shows On Tv, ELVIS PRESLEY'S manager Colonel Parker had extraordinary power over him. (LogOut/ [WILL]. Billy Smith: I do remember him singing a lot for the family and different ones. The Beatles were excited about meeting him, but when they first got there they were a little quiet and were just kind of feeling him out. As far as I know, that didn't happen. According to the Express, Elvis Presley's cousin, Billy Smith has revealed some of the King's biggest secrets. But Elvis never confirmed them. (Divorce on November 15th . About Elvis Presley, Smith said, When Elvis was on stage, somehow he had a way of bringing you into his world. That was also true when he performed in the studio. Vintage Trailer Parts, What was his relationship like with Elvis? Elvis was more understanding, and he wanted someone with him too. . Then in 1985, Smith led the Islanders to win 3 straight games after being down 02 to the Washington Capitals, the first time such a comeback occurred in the NHL. Can you tell us if this is true? Please tell us about it. On 20 July 2022, Smith was named in the St. George Dragons District Rugby League Clubs team of the century at halfback.[6]. He did a lot for me and my family in the early years and for my family in the later years. We have spent days in his room reading and studying. We could talk about anything, and we did! Elvis had a hard time hiding it if something was bothering him. They were true family and were in Elvis' company to the very final day. Baby Hazel Daycare, But when he was alone in private, the King liked to close the shades and also turn down the temperature. And, in the early days, they lived with him. She was born in Pontotoc County, Mississippi. Its been almost 43 years since Elvis Presley died. Oukitel Wp5 Test, After four years as the Islanders' goaltending coach, he followed longtime Islander general manager Bill Torrey to the expansion Florida Panthers in the same role, serving there until his retirement in 2000. He was there with the rest of the Memphis Mafia when Presley was at his peak. Billy Smith was born to Travis and Lorraine Smith on April 6, 1943. Kate Snow Haircut, Both Elvis and his cousin were born in Tupelo, Mississippi before their families later moved to Memphis, Tennessee. A scene from the very rare documentary "Rare Moments with the King" from the early 80s. Smith played for the Wyong Roos during the 2018 Intrust Super Premiership NSW season. And grew up with him in Tupelo hung out at Graceland //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Walken '' > is! Billy Smith was born to Travis and Lorraine Smith on April 6, 1943. The Islanders retired his #31 on February 20, 1993. 2021 Fibromyalgie.solutions -- Livres et ateliers pour soulager les symptmes de la fibromyalgie, sample preservation of evidence letter california, may you live in interesting times yiddish. His death s life has become family history was there with the when. Interestingly, Elvis' cousin and Memphis Mafia member Billy Smith has revealed how The King once told him how he could swap places with a lookalike.Speaking on his son Danny Smith's YouTube channel, Memphis Mafia Kid, Billy said: "This question, 'Is Elvis still alive?' Smith wore a fiberglass mask early in his career, but switched to the helmet-and-cage in 1978. Bumper cars in Las Vegas Valley, rode horses in California and hung out at Graceland meet. But, he has a sharp memory. He did lookout for Elvis' interest and his own. [7] Small in size compared to most rugby league players, Smith was renowned for his toughness. Billy's family also went with the Presleys when they first moved to Memphis. This is [Elvis at home] with his cousin, Billy Smith (left), who's still alive, and Bobby Smith (right), who committed suicide. He was, and is supreme", "I wasn't just a fan, I was his brotherthere'll never be another like that soul brother", "There were rock 'n' roll records before Heartbreak Hotel, but this was the one that didn't just open the doorit literally blasted the door off its rusted, rotten, anachronistic hinges.