The Jeffersons Was A Spinoff Of What Show, Articles B

The actress, activist, producer, and girlfriend to Sen. Cory Booker is half Irish/Native Indian and half Puerto Rican/Afro-Cuban, according to a 2013 tweet. If your birthday falls between Dec. 22 and . As an Aries, Emma Watson isnt afraid to speak her mind and stand up for causes she believes in. . The musical icon's mother is Irish-American, while her father was Black and Venezuelan. He even has a song about his star sign with fellow Aries, Big Sean, "Aries (YuGo).". ), with boyfriend Bryan Tanaka. Many artists would be happy to simply continue working with the group, but not an Aries. Copyright 2021 Interactive One, LLC. We told you that there were plenty of iconic Aries divas. The This Is Us star's birthday is on April 5. The Aries has been nominated for 10 Emmys, four of which came to her as a producer. The "Berlin Station" actress was born April 19. ", The musician, who grew up in South Los Angeles, was raised by his Mexican and Black parents. O'brien, an award-winning and respected journalist, has Black, Cuban, Australian, and Irish roots. Moore, who got her start as a teen with her song "Candy," proves that hard work pays off. The oldest Kardashian sister was born April 18. There's so much room in the industry. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. 17 Famous Aries Born Under The Fire Sign From Mariah Carey to Chaka Khan, some of our favorite entertainers are celebrating birthdays this season. In November 2019, Russell made a surprise appearance as mercenary Zorri Bliss in Star Wars blockbuster Rise of Skywalker. Aries are known for being bold and building a reputation that can be described as such, and the entire Kardashian clan fits that description perfectly. Hailing from Harlem, Q-Tip is an Aries whose birthday is on April 10. Create an account and youll be able to save and revisit articles. Like other famous Aries women, Sarah Jessica Parker has ambition. Singer and actress Jill Scott is one lucky lady, sharing a birthday with poet and civil rightsicon Maya Angelou. The Harry Potter alum helped a generation of overachievers feel represented on the big screen, and the actor herself is no different. Mariah Carey Source:PR Photos 4. "It's also been nice for people to recognize that part of my identity as well, because for a lot of times it's just gone by the wayside," he said. She was born on April 17. He is confident, determined to win (and hes got the chart records and awards to prove it), and perhaps most notably, hes direct and honest. Like it's hard? Hes confident and ambitious, and those qualities have led him to incredible and even unlikely success. To revisit this article, visit My Profile, thenView saved stories. In 2022, Jessica Chastain earned her second career Oscar nomination for The Eyes of Tammy Faye. Downey Jr.'s most recent film, action drama Dolittle, premiered in theaters on January 17. "To be honest with you, I think Im at the best of my life right now and I really want to enjoy and embrace every moment of it," she said in an interview. Black and Latino characters are already underrepresented, the subject of controversy earlier this year. Diana Ross Source:PR Photo 2. Its a blessing, and I hope this is a step forward for Dominicans, for Latinos, for Afro-Latinos. His recent projects include Euphoria, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Zola, and the highly-anticipated release of Candyman in August 2021. Aries (March 21 - April 19) People with Aries birthdays are most compatible with Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius, Libra, and Aquarius (basically, you get along with most people). Miranda Kerr and George Clooney are two well-known Tauruses. Franklin, in true Aries fashion, demanded R-E-S-P-E-C-T everywhere she went! Aries loves excitement; Taurus prefers comfort (this could get boring fast). To revisit this article, select My Account, thenView saved stories. Charles Sykes/Invision/AP, Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images for Sundance Film Festival,Kevin Winter/Getty Images, Michael Loccisano/Getty Images for UNITAS, Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images for Sundance Film Festival, Dave J Hogan/Getty Images for Paramount Pictures International, Tristan Fewings/Getty Images Entertainment, not a Gemini vegetarian like her character in the movie is, 41 celebrities you didn't know were Sagittariuses, 53 celebrities you didn't realize were Leos, 43 celebrities you didn't realize were Geminis. Being a Capricorn means you're ambitious, resilient and practical. Bailey made the leap from music to the screen look effortless when she was cast as Ariel in The Little Mermaid and then as Nettie in The Color Purple. Perez, who is Puerto Rican American, identifies as Afro-Latina. Charles Sykes/Invision/AP, Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images for Sundance Film Festival,Kevin Winter/Getty Images Aries season is from March 21 through April 19. (Turns out he's a huge fan).Im freaking out. | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Essence.com Advertising Terms. The star of The Great and sister to Dakota Fanning is making a name for herself in Hollywood. Summer school get to losing students, but the CPD gettin new recruitment.. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Cond Nast. Later on in life, the Canadian talent also began making some bold choices, as she wanted to change up her story and unleash something else from within. Kirsten Stewarts portrayal of Princess Diana in Spencer is just the most recent example of her range. When we make Afro-Latinos choose, we aren't just erasing them from the narrative, but from within the community that they have significantly shaped and influenced. Its about time we are here.. Jason Momoa Birthday: August 1, 1979 Of all the Leo actors on this list, Jason Momoa looks the most like an actual lion. Mariah Carey is by far one of the most successful singer-songwriters in history, and while she has a lovely air about her, theres also a bit of a competitive streak in there. This fly girl is best known for her roles in White Men Can't Jump and Spike Lee's iconic Do The Right Thing, with her recent roles including the Emmy-nominated The Flight Attendant and DC's Birds of Prey. Getty Images. Dej Loaf is scheduled to release her second album Liberated this year. And when asked about what the industry could do to improve Latinx representation, her answer was simple: hire us. Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, Lil Nas X, and Paul Rudd are among the most famous Aries. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. People who are dark skin have to pronounce themselves as Afro-Latinos," she told Essence in 2019. All rights reserved. The Canadian singer is an Aries whose songs continue to inspire us. 2. 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved. 1. Detroit-bred rapper Big Sean and boyfriend of singer Jhene Aiko just turned twenty-nine on March 25. So many of the adjectives often associated with Aries apply to Elton John that its hard to pick just one or two that show how he perfectly fits under the sign. There is no one way to be Black, nor is there a singular way to identify as Latino. Born on March 23, Golden Globe Award-winning actress Russell is an Aries. The WandaVision actor has talent and charm to spare. By clicking Subscribe Now, you agree to our. Kourtney Kardashian proved that she has quite a few tricks up her sleeve, and she has utilized them to build a franchise all her own with spinoff shows like Kourtney and Khlo Take Miami and Kourtney and Kim Take New York as well as her growing lifestyle brand Poosh. And why shouldnt there be? ". Ad Choices, 16 Aries Celebrities Who Set Our Hearts on Fire, The 21 Best Sex Toys for Couples to Heat Things Up, The 25 Best Vibrators, According to Experts and Reviewers, The Best Butt Plugs for Beginners, Experts, and Everyone in Between, 11 Blow Job Sex Toys That Feel Like the Real Deal, Emily Ratajkowski Joined the No-Pants Brigade in an Oversized Blazer, A Complete Timeline of the Selena Gomez and Hailey Bieber TikTok Drama, Kaley Cuoco and Tom Pelphrey Just Welcomed a New Addition to Their Growing Family, The Biggest Celebrity Engagements of 2023, The Biggest Celebrity Hair Changes of 2023, Every Celebrity Who Debuted a Bob Haircut in 2023, The Best Quiet Vibrators for Orgasms on the DL, to have a child with her fianc, Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker. Exhibit A: Her song "The Archer,". The late legendary singer, born on March 25, was an Aries. Right IconThis ranking is based on an algorithm that combines various factors, including the votes of our users and search trends on the internet. Like its fellow fire signs Leo and Sagittarius, Aries rarely wants to be tied down to one thingor one person. 40 Aries Celebrities Who May Surprise You Naturally, Celine Dion falls under this sign. "Its an honor, Jerome told Remezcla at the time of his win. Jackie was born Kong-sang Chan on April 7, 1954, on Hong Kong's famous . Poet Maya Angelou, whose birthday was April 4, has inspired Black girls across the world through her poetry. The Iron Man actor, who was born on April 4, exudes Aries confidence. The Spencer star is very much an Aries. Her performance highlighted the isolating feelings that the royal endured, and it earned her her first Oscar nomination for best actress. Aries, Male (Sorted by Popularity Ascending) . And earlier this year when every other celeb was participating in the "10-year challenge" on Instagram, in true Aries fashion, Carey opted out. Khan, whose birthday is March 23, exhibited some quintessential Aries behavior when she sang the iconic song, "I'm Every Woman.". Taurus season is typically from April 20 to May 20. Even though she is not a Black woman, throughout my life, she filled me with such pride of being one.. Action stars need to rely entirely on their reflexes, counting on their own abilities to keep them safe as they perform death-defying stunts. From hair trends to relationship advice, our daily newsletter has everything you need to sound like a person whos on TikTok, even if you arent. Parker and her hubby, Matthew Broderick, share a star sign! That fire sign drive keeps her performances as energetic and engaging as a Sex and the City reboot demands. He got off to a slow start in the film and TV industry, but as an Aries, he never stopped believing in himself. The actress was born on March 26. From the moment she stepped out in a meat dress, shes been crafting unique, striking looks and performances. Its free! He has also had supporting roles in the BBC series Les Misrables and Strike. Theyre looking for dynamic and energetic experiences. It's the first astrological sign in the zodiac symbolized by the ram, representing trailblazers who never stop pursuing their goals while maintaining an easygoing, magnetic energy. I see the job I have now as my opportunity to get good reporting about Black and brown people on TV, as a chance to bring people together, and to tell a fair and accurate story of communities of color, not just rehash stereotypes for the sake of drama.". Oprah Daily participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. The "Smack That" singer was born April 16. celebrates her birthday March 27. Culture & News 51 Scorpio Celebrities You May Share a Birthday With We've got Goldie Hawn, Whoopi Goldberg, and Julia Roberts. Not to say that one person cant be both of those things simultaneously, but it is a balancing act, one which the beloved entertainer has managed for decades. The Kardashians will be premiering on April 14; in the trailer, Kourtney mentions her desire to have a child with her fianc, Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our The Aries mogul, born on April 19, said of the moniker, "I can't say it would've been my first choice, but I ultimately grew into it on my own terms. Ever since her 2000 platinum-selling debut album, Who Is Jill Scott, the Grammy-winning songstress has had no reservations when commenting about her sensuality, personal struggles, and independence through song and spoken word. She's an Aries, born on April 15. Come March, the R&B; diva is known to flat-out ignore her b-day. His mane of hair is about as Big Leo Energy as you can get. Just like Jacob Blake or George Floyd got taken out because of the color of their skin, any one of us can get the same treatment because of the color of our skin. The Hocus Pocus star didnt just lead the production as an actor, but also as a producer. Then the pool widens so that you have more to choose from and more to pick from. We are Caribbean people," Cardi said in a 2018 interview with Zendaya for CR Fashion Book. After that period, the Higher Love singer officially embarked on her own adventure, and she never looked back. Throughout his life, Ewan McGregor has spoken openly about how much he loves motorcycles. The celebrated cross-genre musician's decade-spanning career has elevated her to legend status. March 25, 2022. More From Astrology Simu Liu is what youd call an Aries rising celebrity. Hes not done with the MCU just yet, so hopefully well get to see more of his enthusiastic attitude. Age Turning: 57. Throughout his career, Pharrell has made many odd choices, tried weird things, and experimented more than most top-tier producers, and thats what makes him such a genius. Liu whose birthday is April 19 joked on Twitter of his star sign, "I've never been one to believe in astrology - *reads one horoscope* - but I'm an Aries and that's just the way we are, you know?". In addition to competing for some of the biggest awards in the entertainment world shes already won an Oscar and an Emmy she also recently sold the production company she built from the ground up for a massive sum. Talk about a power couple! Boyz n the Hood, Black-ish) celebrates his 59th birthday in 2020. Some people want to decide if youre Black or not, depending on your skin complexion, because they dont understand Caribbean people or our culture.". In an argument, I want somebody to scream it out with me." Exuding an independence that's typical of Aries, Dion has candidly embraced her 50s with no reservations. Marriage with Ronald Fenty Braithwaite is an accountant. We may earn commission from the links on this page. The ambitious Aries, born on March 25, is even featured on the song "Aries (YuGo) Part 2.". The pop star and actor is extremely confident, gutsy, bold, a born leader, self-reliant, and, perhaps above everything else, ambitious. A lot of my audience didnt know I was Mexican," he once said in an interview with Viceland. The actress, who famously played Hermione Granger in the "Harry Potter" series, was born April 15. In an interview with EW, Domingo talked about his queer and Afro-Latino identities, noting that his Afro-Latino identity hasn't always been as recognized. A quintessential driven Aries, the Little Women star who was born on April 12 scored her first Academy Award nomination at just 13 years old. When the actress isn't kicking butt in movies and shows like Peppermint and Alias, she's hard at work on her organic food company, Once Upon a Farm. "Time is not something I acknowledge," she declared. The latest from Gaga? My race is Black. The characters go-getter attitude drives her success at Harvard Law School, and Witherspoons Aries ambition has contributed to a successful acting and producing career. This is especially true in Hollywood, where Black and Latino characters are already underrepresented. British actor David Oyelowo, most known for portraying Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in Selma, is turning 41 on April 1. With a sunny disposition that draws us all in, Garner is an Aries! "I've noticed that people have been laying claim to me a bit more in a wonderful way, 'Oh, that's ours too. His birthday is April 3. Lil Nas X gives off major Aries energy, bursting onto the scene with his Grammy Award-winning hit "Old Town Road," and keeping up momentum with "Industry Baby" and "Montero." Not only did the actress stun in a black Aries Caveat Inside Donnie Wahlberg's Home Surrounded by Nature Where He Takes Care of His 20-Year-Old Stepson with Autism amomama.com - Brittany Celebrity power couple Donnie Wahlberg and Jenny McCarthy opened the doors to their modest home, revealing a space filled with love and family Aries Caveat Oscar-winning actress Arquette not only shines on screen, but is also a staunch women's rights activist. Glamour may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. JVN is a scene-stealer, which is common for those born under the ram. We have his secret here. Khan celebrated her birthday on March 23. ", In 2019, the Dominican American actor and musician became the first Afro-Latino to win an Emmy for best lead actor in a limited series for his breakout role in Ava DuVernay's When They See Us. Jennifer Lopez, Meghan Markle, Barack Obama and More Celebrity Leos, See All of the Celebrity Babies Born in 2020, Who Is Jenny Slate's Husband? There is no right way to be Black or Latino. The Sex and the City star celebrates her birthday on March 25. ", The Grammy-winning rapper was raised in the Bronx by a Dominican father and Trinidadian mother. Thats a quality that far too many people in creative fields dont have, and they quit before their big break comes along. Cuban-American or Latin-American, thats not a race; thats an ethnicity. Like so many actors before him, there were years when David Oyelowo didnt find much work, if any at all. Watson is an Aries, born on April 15, and the actress uses her Aries energy in everything from her movie roles to her activism. If this list of famous Ariesincluding celebrities and activistsis any indication, that reading is accurate as hell. Kyrie Irving - March 23 Source:Emilee Chinn/Getty Images 2 of 34 3. To read and save unlimited articles, sign up to become an Oprah Daily member. Aries season is from March 21 through April 19. Her birthday is April 18. Its littered with stops and starts, drug issues, and plenty of misses, but she never gave up. . The "Suicide Squad" actor was born March 21. by Hugh McIntyre. She blows out her birthday candles on March 26. The "Clueless" star and Marvel hero was born April 6. Torres recently opened up to CNN about the choice she's long had to make between being Black and Latino, saying that she was considered "too exotic" or "confusing" for certain roles. Celebrities Sun x Moon: Cancer Sun Cancer Sun x Aries Moon - Ambitious, Dramatic, Caring, Moody"Selena Gomez Pamela Anderson Benedict Cumberbatch Matthew Lewis " Cancer Sun x Taurus Moon - Realistic,. The Lovecraft Country star (and mom of twins!) Below, check out some of the Aries eminent personalities, and see what makes your favorite famous Aries so successful. The This Is Us star was born on April 10, making her an Aries. 40 famous people you didn't know were Tauruses. During the national resurgence of the Black Lives Matter movement in 2020, Lindorwho is the star shortstop for the New York Metswas outspoken about colorism in baseball and racism against Afro-Latino players in the MLB. The "Love Actually" actress was born April 15. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Witherspoon not only nabs leading roles onscreen, but she also leads a successful production company, book club and clothing line offscreen. Big Sean Source:Big Sean IG 3. She is unbelievably charismatic, enthusiastic, and career-driven, all typical traits of an Aries. Former talk show host Star Jones, who is an Aries, celebrated her 55th birthday on March 24. See below for our list of 16celebrities who are born under the Aries sign. From teaching us how to "properly" eat a Kit-Kat to uttering the infamous phrase, "Kim, there's people that are dying," the eldest Kardashian is an Aries through and through. The Jessie actor has spent her short time on this planet not only entertaining millions, but also showing them how they can achieve amazing things and make this world a better place. In talking to leaders on other teams, it seemed like guys [are] starting to understand what Afro-Latinos go through, what Latinos go through, what Asians go through," the athlete, who is from from Puerto Rico, said. Angelou passed away in 2014 at age 86. The Eternals star, born April 6, is making a path for deaf actors in Hollywood. Born on March 28, Lady Gaga has always been a trailblazer, whether it's on the red carpet (two words: meat dress), in her music or her acting career. 34 Famous Women Of Proud African And Latina Heritage. Aries - Taurus This is a match between two totally different personalities. The "Legally Blonde" actress was born March 22 (and is not a Gemini vegetarian like her character in the movie is). Akon $," Fergie isn't afraid to make a statement with her signature flair as she produces hit after hit. Those who are the Aries zodiac sign are typically known to be bold and passionate. Only Oprah Daily+ members can save this article. If we all get together and create a system by which we can nurture each other's talents, bring people under the umbrella and bring them into the fold. The "I, Simon" actress was born April 17. In 2019 McEntire released her 29th studio album, Stronger Than the Truth. Pharrell Williams, who was born April 5, 1973 is one famous Aries rapper. Looking at a list of qualities people who are born into the life of an Aries usually adhere to, it seems like all of them apply to House of Gucci star Lady Gaga. According to the Pew Research Center, "one-quarter of all U.S. Latinos self-identify as Afro-Latino, Afro-Caribbean or of African descent with roots in Latin America.". She was born on March 27. The hilarious, hardworking Aries comedian has made his mark starring in hilarious films throughout the years, from Coming to America to The Nutty Professor. Alexa, play "I'm a Survivor" as proof. Are you surprised that the woman who turned her name into an adjective when she sang "Fergalicious" is an Aries? Afro-Latinos have spoken about the need for visibility in their respective industries. Thankfully, the Golden Globe-nominated Selma star never stopped, and now hes the toast of the town. Michelle Obama, Dolly Parton, Kate Middleton & More Celebs Who Share the Zodiac Sign. "In talking to leaders on other teams, it seemed like guys [are] starting to understand what Afro-Latinos go through, what Latinos go through, what Asians go through . The 28 Best Latino and Spanish-Language Podcasts, Hispanic Heritage Month Is Just Around the Corner, How this Writer Untangled Her Roots and Heritage, The Vibrant History of Da de los Muertos, Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month With These Reads, 20 Spanish Movies to Add to Your Watch List, A New Memoir by Gabriel Garca Mrquez's Son, 15 Hispanic and Latinx Artists You Need to Follow, How Mexican Independence Day Is Celebrated, Latina Entrepreneur Shares Bilingual Stories, McKenzie Jean-Philippe is the editorial assistant at. You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. 2. Charming, funny and hard-working, British actress Thompson has enjoyed a long, successful career. James D. Morgan. You can also see Dawson among a crowd of protestors on the cover of a special edition of the La Borinquea. No one else couldve played Iron Man like Robert Downey Jr. From Sherlock Holmes to Tony Stark, the actor has been playing hyper-intelligent characters to a T, bringing a unique fire sign charm to each performance. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. It would have been easier, and perhaps even better for his career (according to some) to keep that part of his life private, but he knew it would help others if he did so. "It's not that hard," she said. 04 of 49 Rihanna Rihanna. The Scrubs actor is an Aries; he'll celebrate his birthday on April 6. I guess we really got to plan a big ole kegger dont we, he said not long after their victory. The Queen's Gambit actress, born on April 16, admits herself that she has some of that signature stubborn Aries energy. Her birthday is April 9. The Aries actress is only turning 15, which makes her the youngest star on this list. The mom-to-be even has a Pisces tattoo behind her ear! They adapt to changing industries and can even perform under tight deadlines or make instant judgment calls in live situations. Aries are known for being especially passionate when they find something they enjoy, and thats clearly who the Halston actor is. "We need to be in front of the camera, behind the camera, we need to be writing the words, we need to be directing these stories. She was most In 2019 she was awarded the Sisterhood Visionaries of the Year Award for humanitarian work in fighting national gender inequality. Courage, honesty, confidence, and a taste for adventure are all textbook Aries traits. 24 Soulmates: Kim Kardashian West & Kanye West Kim is a Libra while Kanye's a Gemini. Aries posses a nature that allows them to act without hesitation and to just go for it. Park's birthday is March 23. A loyal Aries, Chance met his wife when he was just 9 years old! The Guardians of the Galaxy star is of Dominican and Puerto Rican descent, though she found herself as the subject of controversy earlier this year after her response to an educational Instagram post about anti-Blackness in the Dominican Republic. Performance & security by Cloudflare. When you visit this site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Become a Oprah Daily+ member to read and save unlimited articles. Most recently, the actor was pulling double duty as executive producer of And Just Like That while starring on the show. 51.38.98.66 Vote for Your Favourite Black Aries Celebrities 1 Aretha Franklin (One of the Best-Selling Music Artists in the World & 'Queen of Soul') 314 119 Listed In: Singers Birthdate: March 25, 1942 Birthplace: Memphis, Tennessee, United States Died: August 16, 2018 Height: 5'5" (165 cm) 2 Lil Nas X (First Gay Artist To Have #1 Record on Billboard Hot 100) Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and Your California Privacy Rights. 01 of 47 Matthew Broderick Born on March 21, Broderick uses his Aries energy to shine on the stage and screen. Black Libra Celebrities Right Icon This ranking is based on an algorithm that combines various factors, including the votes of our users and search trends on the internet. Click to reveal FamousBirthdays.com - use subject to the practices disclosed in our privacy policy. This famous Leo's most recent project was her portrayal of Gloria Steinem in Hulu's miniseries, Mrs. America. The "No Problem" rapper was born April 16. Dawson was also the voice of La Boriquea, an Afro-Puerto Rican superhero who gets her super powers from her Taino ancestors, in a 2020 voter turnout campaign. She has 22 albums, 10 Grammy awards, and is the voice behind 1978 feminist anthem, "I'm Every Woman.". Cardi B (Libra) and Offset (Sagittarius) When a Libra and a Sagittarius get together, this can be a connection that can be built on true friendship, especially as the two will share a love of art . Celebrity Daniel Kaluuya Digital Cover. People who are Aries fight for positive change. Lucky man? Skai Jackson Source:PR Photo 9. The musical is set in Washington Heights, New York, where there is a large Afro-Latino population, particularly Dominican people. Carey being an Aries has assisted in her desire to win, and its obvious that she has many times over. In the funnyman's most recent movie, 2019's Long Shot, he co-starred alongside Charlize Theron as her love interest. Iconic Motown singer Diana Ross and mother to Tracee Ellis Ross and Evan Ross is an Aries. "I like to say 'Black excellence without borders.'