Arthur Morgan Funeral, What Pll Team Should I Root For, How Did Miss Kitty Die On Gunsmoke, Articles D

Proof of a negative test or recovery from Covid is not accepted. This means I travel through France for a short while. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. Q: My daughter who holds both British and Austrian passports is flying back to Austria for Christmas. What does Frances travel ban mean for UK holiday plans? Check with your travel company or. If, however, you have simply had your first two jabs, your pass will only be valid for 180 days after your second dose. I am seeking clarification. Q: Im travelling from France on Sunday 19 December. A: No. that makes my day thanks in advance #driving #drivinginindia #drivingambience #ambience #ambiance #munnar #kerala #india #sile. For all other children under six, quarantine ends automatically five days after arrival. Rules on social distancing and face coverings vary: check the relevant state government website before you arrive. All travellers aged 12 and over must be able to prove they've been fully vaccinated (with both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) at least 14 days before arrival. Is this only for airport transfers? Is returning to the UK if I am UK resident considered essential travel? Are there any tips to save money in Spain? Bon chance. You can find information and guidance from the French Government regarding the current outbreak of COVID-19 in France on the French Governments COVID-19 pages. But keep being careful and you should be in line for a lovely holiday. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-110322241', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Spain. Beaune added that France, which fears being hit by a fourth wave of coronavirus infections this summer, was weighing restrictions on travel in Europe over the spread of the highly infectious Delta mutation. If I am right, then for the cost of the test you could be halfway to Malaga by rail through Spain. Do you anticipate, based on previous actions by Spain that they will bring in any further restrictions before then? Do you think the travel ban for UK tourists will be lifted by the summer? As the sun dwindled over the River Tern in Market Drayton, the travel correspondent of The Independent spent an hour answering your urgent travel questions especially about the new French ban on travel from the UK. So can you transit through France? Ah, yes, France requires a test max 72 hours old. Upon arrival. Save. A: If travel to our nearest Continental neighbour is still banned seven months from now, heaven help us all. The Italian government changed testing rules yesterday. All travellers to Ireland (including children) must fill in an online passenger locator form before departure. Some public health measures to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 remain in force across Spain and may vary between regions. We have to be careful the pandemic is not over, he said. We leave the US on June 29 to fly into (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The same rules apply for travellers under the age of 18. We have only had our first vaccine (my husband and I) our 12 year old son has had no vaccine as of yet. Store and save your information, including passport details, vehicles, pets and payment methods and add it to your bookings automatically. Everyone aged 16 and over now needs a "pass vaccinal" to attend large events and for entry to a wide range of venues including bars, restaurants, museums, or to use some types of public transport including planes and long-distance trains. Regional governments retain legal powers to ease or tighten restrictions within their region if deemed necessary to control the spread of the virus (e.g. So can we go? A: Living together puts them in a good position. Dont worry we wont send you spam or share your email address with anyone. In any event, you may qualify if you can convince officials that your main residence is in Luxembourg and if you can prove a sufficiently close relationship with your girlfriend, she may be allowed to travel with you. How can I find more about Jewish history in Spain? 2023 Copyright France 24 - All rights reserved. Unfortunately we have not been able to receive your details. Around 17 million British nationals visit France every year. Spain requires 48 hours. Children under the age of 12 do not need to show proof of vaccination. Individuals travelling from Great Britain to Ireland via Northern Ireland should also complete a Passenger Locator Form. They changed that a few weeks ago. Join My Eurotunnel to experience a whole new world of benefits. We are the #1 way to travel with your pet. I was told by the holiday company Yello (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? We do not intend to stop or stay in France, just refuel. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-110322330', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Spain requires 48 hours. Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies. They now say self-administered tests are not allowed. This appears to contradict the Government guidance, and there is no official confirmation that people can through France to another destination from the UK. Most of the regional hotlines listed have English speaking staff. Q: I am a British citizen in France. Everyone travelling to Spain (including children) must submit an online Health Control Form (in English), no more than 48 hours before departure. If you have not been fully vaccinated, you may only enter Germany from the UK if: You will have to self-isolate for 10 days in these circumstances, although the option to "test and release" is available after five days. A: There should be no problem with testing simply to transit at CDG. You must have received your final vaccine dose no earlier than 270 days (about nine months) before travelling. Q: We are due to go to Tenerife with Jet2 for Christmas (10 days) . Q: We are currently in Spain for Christmas, if countries change their policies on UK tourists would they expect us to depart back to the UK or could we finish our holiday? However, the precise. A: No. Q: Like many people who are due to travel imminently, we are supposed to be transiting through France en route to Switzerland. All travellers coming into Germany - regardless of where they're arriving from and what means of transport they're using - have to present proof of Covid vaccination, a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 within the last six months, or a negative Covid-19 test upon entering the country. You should continue to observe the following rules regardless of your whereabouts in Spain: Spain will accept the UKs COVID-19 vaccination record. Get answers to your questions about Spain. Flying from Bordeaux via Heathrow and straight to Malaga in the next few days without crossing UK border. For information regarding access to healthcare in Spain see healthcare for UK nationals visiting Spain. Well send you a link to a feedback form. Why Alex Murdaugh was spared the death penalty, Why Trudeau is facing calls for a public inquiry, The shocking legacy of the Dutch 'Hunger Winter'. Eurotunnel operator issues warning to UK nationals after update to Covid travel rules by French government. Information on 'EU Digital COVID Certificates' issued in Spain. Re: Covid Tests in Spain before driving to France in July 1 year ago Save When in July? As a British citizen, I believe I meet the compelling reason to travel. ; Consider getting tested before travel. A: No. Countries may further restrict travel or bring in new rules at short notice, for example due to a new COVID-19 variant. All UK passengers travelling to Germany must fill in a pre-departure digital registration (in English), regardless of their vaccination status. Report inappropriate content. A Sadly, you are correct. Do I need a International Driving Permit to drive a hire car? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-110321697', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');car (ferry and plane passengers did need one) but that's now been changed and you do need a negative test less than 48 hours old (PCR or antigen test) or be fully vaccinated. Report inappropriate content loulou2010009 London, United. You will be responsible for the cost of any treatment provided by a private doctor or hospital. You should be prepared to demonstrate your proof of vaccination when asked. Q: Will I still be able to transit through Heathrow from the US to France? Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? You need to wear a mask on aeroplanes, trains, buses and at airports, train stations and bus stations wherever you are in the US. See Entry requirements to find out what you will need to do when you arrive in Spain and for details on Spains current entry requirements and restrictions. 1 year ago Save Ah, yes, France requires a test max 72 hours old. To help us improve GOV.UK, wed like to know more about your visit today. Wherever you are in Spain, you must observe social distancing of 1.5m (5ft). any enclosed space open to the public (eg shops, restaurants, hotels or hospitals), any indoor space where people from different households mix, any outdoor space where it is not possible to observe social distancing (e.g. yes I know what you mean Angelique. It will take only 2 minutes to fill in. Fancy even more exclusive offers and savings? You can change your cookie settings at any time. Air France may make special arrangements for such cases. Updated information on strike action in France ('Summary' page). You also need to wear a mask in some outdoor public spaces, such as queues, markets, or stadiums. See Use of face masks and Public spaces and services for further information. I always recommend having a professionally administered test immediately on arrival at the airport this has maximum public health benefit, and minimises the amount of time you need to spend self isolating. If this happens you should keep moving where its safe to do so, or stop and call 112 if isnt safe to proceed (keeping car doors locked). According to French officials, British citizens who have a residence in another EU country, such as Belgium, Germany, Spain or Italy, will be required to show proof of their residence, such as a residency permit, tax forms or utility bills. It will be checked by air or sea carriers and failure to complete it is an offence. A: These airports are, respectively, wholly and partially inside French territory. Monitor this advice for the latest updates and stay in contact with your travel provider. Everyone aged five or over must wear a mask in all indoor and outdoor public spaces, in all areas of Greece. Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in, Connections in Paris CDG, driving through France, and the future of the red list, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile, Winter gold: the Eiffel Tower, newly out-of-bounds for British travellers. you would think that the french website would be obvious but I haven't managed to find the answer there. These may change with little warning. Currently, anyone returning from France, The Netherlands, Monaco, Malta, Andorra or Spain has to self-isolate for 14 days, and the UK Government has said similar quarantine orders could be put in . But Europe Minister Clement Beaune pointedly advised the French against crossing the Pyrenees mountains to Spain or Portugal. If you have not been fully vaccinated, you can only enter Spain if your journey is classed as "essential" by the Spanish Ministry of Health. France 24 - International breaking news, top stories and headlines. Rapid lateral flow tests (pruebas de antgenos) are widely available in pharmacies in Spain for a fee. For the very latest advice on entering France, we recommend checking interieur.gouv.fr,uk.ambafrance.organd gov.uk/check-travel-during-coronavirus before travel. Or do I only worry about the rules in Belgium? If you're travelling via Gibraltar, check the latest Foreign Office travel advice. A: What a ridiculous situation. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. A: Sadly, no, unless you have French residence. Level Contributor Germany already has a ban on incoming travellers from Portugal, where the Delta variant has become dominant. This applies to all passengers, irrespective of nationality or vaccination status. You should be vigilant at all times and follow the advice of local authorities. The use of face coverings is mandatory for anyone over the age of 6 years if you are in the following situations: Face masks must cover the nose and mouth.