Sylvania Country Club Foretees, Ccsd Board Of Trustees Election 2020, Articles E

biggest surprise of the tour was the optional Tribal night. Are there opportunities to exercise at Sebatana Private Reserve? Get ready for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure on this 10-day South African safari staying at the 5-star Sebatana Lion Lodge. We bought a few drinks and 3 wine bottles and paid more for this for 7 days than the price for the package, so that is a must. SIDE BY SIDE where you can share joy has double the happiness, my name is Thabo Simon Manamela a bartender and waiter at Matswani Safari Lodge working for two-three years. The days were full on with no time to sit around, although abit of down time would of been nice. Despite all this I would recommend this reserve/lodge, esp if you get a good price. No TV, nor Radio but generous wifi, and the baboons are great fun to watch as is star gazing. Sebatana Private reserve is one of the best and most unique wildlife experiences in South Africa. and the best bit? I cannot praise the staff in the lodge enough for their great service, always smiling, helpful and on hand . We were so fortunate to see the big five plus numerous other animals day and night. The guides are very knowledgeable and handles every situation with a smile. extremely!!! If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. I didn't purchase any drinks package as I only drink limited alcohol and am not a fan of sugary drinks (mocktails etc). Yes, guests have access to a business center and conference facilities during their stay. TOP TIPS The early morning drives were very cold so pack a hat and scarf especially in winter months. This holiday was for my 50th Birthday & I will never forget it thank you to Sebatana. We took the drinks package which is totally worth it if you like a drink as all prices are in Euros and extremely elevated compared to the rest of South Africa. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Which room amenities are available at Sebatana Private Reserve? The "optional tour packages" should really be compulsory and really you should go for the lot. Carel, our guide, was interesting and made the 3 hour trip to the lodge a delight. Including Things that we would never be able to try elsewhere (Impala, Kudu etc). Very first drive the track was blocked by an enormous bull giraffe! Sebatana Private Reserve, Hermanusdoringsroad, 0530 Vaalwater, South Africa info . On our tour most people took all the optional extra activities. We as a group all made a speech to say how exceptional his staff were, but unfortunately he was nowhere to be seen so didn't hear it . There was crazy amounts of food, and it was all amazing. Recommended gratuity was 80 euro which I had no issues with paying. The effort the staff go to with table and food presentation is commendable. During the winter season the bar package is probably not a good deal. The Game Drives were epic, we experienced four of the big five, no leopard, but he is very elusive! We have had memories we will never forget, thanks to you all! What food & drink options are available at Sebatana Private Reserve? We had Josh as our guide and wow he is so passionate about his job not to mention funny and always ready to get the best for you. What a wonderful holiday . My only regret that I am not still there. Thank you for one of the best weeks EVER!! The reserve is home to one of the richest populations of wildlife in South Africa with more than 75 different mammals, including the Big Five. Every evening meal was 3 course, breakfast was buffet with a range of, hot foods, lunch varied, was often a buffet with salad, hot meats/stews and desserts Peter and his bar staff were always on hand and made a mean cocktail and shots, I would recommend you upgrade to all inc to include all alcohol The included safaris are provided by resident guides who are passionate and knowledgeable.they go above and beyond to help provide you with a memorable experience Additional/optional tribal night and night safari where a meal is provided are both recommended There is no dress code here, its casual dress, shorts and t shirts throughout the day and as all meals are in a tent warm clothing is advised although they do provide blankets. It would have been nice if the guides had a mic handset, as it sometimes was hard to hear at the back of truck what was said. There was generous quantities of food with plenty of food left over.All the staff were friendly and happy. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Yes, guests have access to a pool during their stay. Some of the trips offered are very good. The same goes for the staff that fed us and kept our rooms nice and tidy every day. Louis was our main guide he was so knowledgeable and was always telling us about the animals, landscapes and shrubbery. My only regret that I am not still there. We had the best time on her lucky truck ,We spent our holiday with the most amazing group of people who made the holiday fun , exciting and memorable, we ccouldn'of asked for a better group of people we made so many fabulous memories to last a lifetime. However our time at Sebetana was filled with laughter, animals and good food - staff are brilliant and we'd love to visit again. This holiday was for my 50th Birthday & I will never forget it thank you to Sebatana Date of stay: January 2023 Trip type: Traveled with friends All pricing and payments are in Euros and is paid using credit card. We stopped at the Elephant Lodge, this place is amazing & relaxing. I reccomend to upgrade to an all inclusive bar package whilst you are there. The location only 270 kilometres north of Johannesburg allows for smooth travel arrangements and easy access to the Reserve. The guides were extremly knowlegable and fun to be with. Food was exceptional, and we opted for the drinks package which is a must as there was some confusion at the end of the stay with others, that didnt take the package. Pay a little extra and get the bungalow suite with 55 m2. Amazing Memories from Sebatana Elephant Lodge, My first African safari experience, with my 22 year old daughter, my sister and her husband. Nature is indescribable beautiful - and right outside your door!!!! In between we were waited on 24/7 by the fantastic staff, always with a smile on their face. Thank you . WOW what a fabulous experience. The lodge, itself was clean and the staff made the holiday. WHERE STORIES BEGIN - SAVE UP TO 15% ON ALL 2023/24 AIR HOLIDAYS - BOOK BY 28 FEBRUARY. Does Sebatana Private Reserve offer any business services? Sebatana Elephant Lodge Set in a sweeping private game reserve, and with just 10 rooms (including two suites), the Sebatana Elephant Lodge offers a completely unique - and intimate - South African experience. Guests can enjoy free breakfast, an on-site restaurant, and a lounge during their stay. Also the staff were genuine and a happy family to spend our time with. The program changes from day to day on a weekly cyclus enriching guests with the true African diversity. We recommend calling ahead to confirm details. If you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience at a safari, this is the resort to visit. My only regret that I am not still there. All three lodges are full service lodges with all amneties included, ensuring a personalized experience for all. The food was wonderful, plentiful and piping hot. I cannot praise the staff in the lodge enough for their great service, always smiling, helpful and on hand . She also answered every question with care and passionately. Had an outstanding trip to Sebatana Private Reserve staying at the Lion Lodge. Note that sound travel easily between rooms. safaris were good with lots of giraffes but you need to purchase the additional safaris to be able to see lions, cheetahs, elephants and rhinos. Set amongst the malaria-free UNESCO-listed Waterberg Biosphere, the Sebatana Private Reserve covers almost 100,000 acres and is home to over 75 mammals, 300 species of bird and hundreds of different flowers and trees the perfect place to connect with South Africas wildlife! Own or manage this property? The staff were amazing and couldn't do enough for us. Our guide Basil was so knowledgable and went above and beyond to make sure we saw as much as possible. The reserve was in idiliic location, with memories that will last a lifetime. Our guide Basil was so knowledgable and went above and beyond to make sure we saw as much as possible. more. With a total of 14 rooms and panoramic viewpoints this is a true wilderness experience where you will be pampered by our chefs and dedicated staff. We only took the Pilansberg national Park one. Had an outstanding trip to Sebatana Private Reserve staying at the Lion Lodge. Sebatana Private Reserve, Hermanusdoringsroad, 0530 Vaalwater, South Africa [email protected] - www . Be careful to clarify what you are getting with your extra options. I have been with other Travel companies that offer more for less, if you get what i mean. The newly renovated rooms are divided into 3 different categories allowing for families of up to 5 to stay together in one room. Yes, guests have access to a pool during their stay. With no public access, and only a limited number of guests having access to the reserve at any time, guests are ensured the best possible wilderness experience, up close and personal. 5 star luxury lodge in South Africa sold through travel agents world wide on a group package basis. Does Sebatana Private Reserve offer any business services? Only other recommendation to the reserve is if the guides had a mic handset as we could not always hear at the back of truck what was said. The food was delicious and nicely presented all of the time, the lodge itself you could not fault very clean and our room was amazing . Some of the more popular amenities offered include free breakfast, a pool, and an on-site restaurant. Such a high standard. This is truly a paradise on earth. We later found that all 14 guests staying at the lodge had also split and seated throughout the BA Flight. Upon arrival, I noticed the fly screen were damaged throughout the Giraffe chalet. Antonia was a lovely addition to the team. We were unable to upgrade these rooms booking through TripaDeal. Lion Tries Hiding from Elephant but Ends Up Getting Sprayed. Does Sebatana Private Reserve have an airport shuttle? This is a MUST see and the best I have ever attended. He was excellent and very professional, and helped a great deal when needed something sorted out in the lodge. It would have been nice if the guides had a mic handset, as it sometimes was hard to hear at the back of truck what was said. We stopped at the Elephant Lodge, this place is amazing & relaxing. We saw rhinos, hippos, giraffes, elephants, and more. Feedback from the others was that night Safari was terrible and finished late. Also the agenda included a visit to the apartheid museum but changes in operating hours due to covid prevented this The local. Yes, it offers wheelchair access. We stopped at the Elephant Lodge, this place is amazing & relaxing. With more than 40.000ha in size this malaria free paradise offers guests a truly intimate experience. Overlooking the river, Sebatana Lion Lodge is perfectly situated for animal sightings, and the ideal base for all activities offered during your stay at Sebatana. Yes, guests have access to a pool during their stay. This was my early birthday present from my brother and I can't say enough about it. This holiday was for my 50th Birthday & I will never forget it thank you to Sebatana. toiletries and essentials needed as you are a few hours away from any shop etc. With more than 40.000ha in size this malaria free paradise offers guests a truly intimate experience. If you are interested in becoming a trusted partner please contact our world wide support staff, [email protected] - www.sebatana.com - International sales and support Tel: 0045 7613 4048. but we saw lion, buffalo, rhino and elephant. He was with us day in day out and always eremained calm and professional at all times , also on the safaris through all the game reserves was always on the look out and did not give up looking for animals , he was very interesting and a fountain of knowledge. Room types may vary. Room types may vary. With no public access, and only a limited number of guests having access to the reserve at any time, guests are ensured the best possible wilderness experience, up close and personal. The kitchen staff regularly sing which is very entertaining. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Amneties Restaurant Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. Arriving to cold towels from staff at the Lodge, we were greeted by a collection of Kudu and impala from the dining area - then lunch! The staff, the food, the surroundings is amazing. "With no herd, they tend to be the most aggressive and unpredictable." The. The group of people we were with(19 in total) too our guide Carel and Basil were fabulous, including the staff that fed us and kept us in drink and to all the other staff were out of this world. Sebatana Private Reserve is a wildlife paradise with a unique collection of 3 seperate 5 star lodges, Rhino, Elephant and Lion. Overview. The food was lovely, although there was little choice for vegetarians, which in todays world feels disappointing. Nothing was too much trouble for him. The week just got better and better - only con I can quote was that booze prices are pretty high, as are the goods in the gift shop. Just returned after an amazing week at Sebanta Rhino lodge. Sebatana Private Reserve is a wildlife paradise with a unique collection of 3 seperate 5 star lodges, Rhino, Elephant and Lion. Up until our last drive we hadn't seen any lions but our rangers made every effort to locate them and we were very fortunate to see the western pride out in the open range. Natalie was in charge of the kitchen during our stay and she did a brilliant job. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. What food & drink options are available at Sebatana Lion Lodge? Recommended gratuity was 80 euro which I had no issues with paying. We saw 3 of the Big 5, as well as Cheetahs, Crocodiles, Giraffes and Zebras. Especially upstairs where there was no air conditioning and the fan had but one speed.Some hanging room, for drying clothes, would be a good addition to the rooms, as no laundry service is providedOur guide, Carel, was an absolute positive. Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our. The guides deserve the biggest shout out for me. Josh was our tour guide and he made our holiday, he has a great knowledge of the animals and wildlife. Our driver CAITLYN was absolutly AMAZING !!!!!!! Having booked over twelve months ago for a holiday to the Sebatana game reserve, South Africa I feel completely let down on a once in a life time holiday. I have been to a lot of "tribal (native)" nights over the years and had quite low expectations. WOW what a fabulous experience. I went with a group of 6 and we could not fault one single thing. Sebatana Private reserve is one of the best and most unique wildlife experiences in South Africa. Yes, it offers wheelchair access. What are some of the property amenities at Sebatana Private Reserve? The program changes from day to day on a weekly cyclus enriching guests with the true African diversity. If you don't manage to do it before you arrive then definitely do it whilst you are there . We were a group of 21 in total, all coming from Norway. With more than 40.000ha in size this malaria free paradise offers guests a truly intimate experience. Sebatana has a three different 5-star lodges with a total of 34 rooms divided between them. The managers, guides and all of the staff looked after us so well and after a week there, we were so blown away by how much we saw, and experienced.There was crazy amounts of food, and it was all amazing. From the Hughes party of two from Lincolnshire, England, What can I say, the staff, food, accommodation were all amazing. Thank you to everyone at Elephant Lodge who made us feel welcome and contributed to our amazing experience! My sister and I have not long returned from our amazing holiday in Elephant Lodge. Our. Sebatana Private reserve is one of the best and most unique wildlife experiences in South Africa. The tour programme is quite busy as it involves a lot of transportation. This was a problem for most. This is a MUST see and the best I have ever attended. It's a classic East African-style lodge with a rustic thatched roof, elegant wrought iron chandeliers, leather Chesterfield armchairs and ample artworks depicting the wildlife found on the reserve and beyond. Located in the malaria free Waterberg mountains, just a short drive from Johannesburg airport makes it the ideal place for everybody from senior travelers to families with children of all ages. Does Sebatana Lion Lodge have an airport shuttle? Sebatana Private Reserve is a wildlife paradise with a unique collection of 3 seperate 5 star lodges, Rhino, Elephant and Lion. Guests staying at the reserve are able to enjoy an extensive list of services, ranging from traditional game drives and Big Five safaris to cultural and historic tours. thanks for taking your time reading this welcome, welcome. Aidan Rademeyer shared the images with . I (and our group) would certainly recommend Sebatana Lodge! We were also fortunate to see the big five on our first try, plus numerous other animals day and night. No large predators so you can take walks on your own on marked trails. I (and our group) would certainly recommend Sebatana Lodge! The beds were a bit short for some of the long-legged Norwegians, but very comfortable. Everybody in our group had nothing but praise for our stay at Sebatana. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. trip was cut short by the Corona Virus and we missed out on the Cape Town extension. A couple of things to note; There are optional drives/activities that cost 300. We were served various forms of game meat each night which was tasty and delicious. We stopped half way for champagne and sandwiches, again cared for by a few other guides from the Lodge. Warthog is more secluded with a great view of a watering hole to see animals from your veranda. We were served various forms of game meat each night which was tasty and delicious. The food was very good, better than expected with lots of game meals for dinner. when paying over 9K for this holiday I expected a better service. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. I also want to mention the guides that are with you all of the time . There is a souvenir shop on site, however that you can get any memorabilia from. Everything was great. We truly had the best time with you guys and can't recommend you enough. Improve this listing Property amenities Free parking Pool Hot bath Free breakfast Sebatana Private reserve is one of the best and most unique wildlife experiences in South Africa. Some flexibility is needed to truely accomplish guests needs and wishes. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. The Lodge and the staff were fantastic and we have been spoiled with great food (and lots of it). One tip would be to pack all. We were divided into 3 groups to explore the area with our own truck with guide/driver. Best Regards Matswani guest relations, Everything about this visit was excellent from the attentive staff, the comfort of the rooms and the management. John L. said this would be a trip of a lifetime and he was correct. Now the trips we plumped for the full package at 349 euro pp . Josh was our tour guide and he made our holiday, he has a great knowledge of the animals and wildlife. Each room at Elephants Lodge has a patio, tea-and-coffee-making facilities and a private bathroom. The three trips to other game parks were all great and a necessity if you want to see the "big 5". We were also fortunate to see the big five on our first try, plus numerous other animals day and night. more. The BEST trip ever!! We stopped at the Elephant Lodge, this place is amazing & relaxing. When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site. Food excellent. The accommodation (individual chalets) are beautifully styled and spacious. more. Why did we not have pre-booked seats together? Sebatana game reserve was fantastic and this review does not reflect on their fantastic service. Saying that, the lodge was very nice, the staff were very nice and helpful, as always in South Africa. We stayed at Elephant lodge with our two children aged 12 and 15 years. Yes, it offers wheelchair access. If you're looking for entertainment like home. Own or manage this property? The rooms are nice. We certainly would not have attended if we had known this The animal life is amazing as are the staff. Sebatana has been welcoming guests for the past 20 years and our experience and expertise in South Africa ensures our guests the best possible nature and safari experience. This was the story for the whole group. Wonderful Time in this beautiful oasis in the bush, My sister and I have not long returned from our amazing holiday in Elephant Lodge. The rooms were immaculate and cleaned daily, refreshing in todays climate. On a final note, Matswani was a nice experience and I do recommend it, but note that the marketing as a very luxury experience is not quite matched by reality. Excellent 46 reviews #15 of 56 Specialty lodging in Vaalwater Location Cleanliness Service Value 5 star Lodge primarily sold as package tours from scandinavia including flights, transfers, meals and acitivities. The food was fantastic! This was such an incredible trip and we will be taking in laws and others to this resort, in the near future. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. What a wonderful holiday . But when you get to the Lodge, you need to spend a lot more money to get the 'full safari experience'. Sebatana Private reserve is one of the best and most unique wildlife experiences in South Africa. Loved the giraffes, walking like a long-legged model and looking at us with the eyes with thick and long eyelashes beautiful! i can saying a place of royal family because the reality is our friendships and family relationships are so important to us. The food was fantastic! Yes, guests have access to a pool during their stay. The food was amazing every day. He was excellent and very professional, and helped a great deal when needed something sorted out in the lodge. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I had booked through Hays Travel /Newmarket Holidays, and the price seemed competitive. The lodge features natural gardens, patio's and a lookout lounge overlooking the vast open plains of the Eastern Cape. Having booked over twelve months ago for a holiday to the Sebatana game reserve, South Africa I feel completely let down on a once in a life time holiday. We had a lovely group at the lodges, we all got on so well and had lots of laughs! Outstanding holiday and would recommend to anyone :), We had the most Anazing experience at Elephant lodge , The staff are the true stars that hold everything together beautifully. The same goes for the staff that fed us and kept our rooms nice and tidy every day. soft drinks package. However remember its a bit of pot luck, these parks are huge and animals are not constrained to certain sections. Everybody in our group had nothing but praise for our stay at Sebatana. Drinks at the bar were on the higher end of South African price standards but not horribly bad. We saw 3 of the big five no buffalo and no leopard sadly , but we saw lion , elephant , rhino We also saw a mum cheetah and her 2 cubs as well as giraffe, crocodiles, impala , warthog, wildebeest, as well as much more . Hermanusdorings Road, Vaalwater 0530 South Africa. Casper was our Guide, he was charming and knowledgable. All three lodges are full service lodges with all amneties included, ensuring a personalized experience for all. The water is bore water and no one on our group had any sickness. Does Sebatana Lion Lodge have airport transportation? There is a souvenir shop on site, however that you can get any memorabilia from. Sebatana Private Reserve is a wildlife paradise with a unique collection of 3 seperate 5 star lodges, Rhino, Elephant and Lion. Hope the leftovers were not thrown away.. We were advised not to opt for the drinks package and regretted that. We truly had the best time with you guys and can't recommend you enough. When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site. by others who saw it as inauthentic and food was terrible and hard to eat with fingers. OK, i need to say i am an experienced safari traveller to many African countries. The staff speaks multiple languages, including English and Afrikaans. and is good to know that someone is walking with you through life.in the happy times,is nice to have someone with whom to celebrate. If you hadn't thought to go on a safari, GO, you wont be disappointed and if you go to this resort, they cant do enough for you. Note, that meals are served outside under roof. X, Amazing place, amazing people, amazing animals, The most amazing holiday ever. He was with us day in day out and always eremained. Guests staying at the reserve are able to enjoy an extensive list of services, ranging from traditional game drives and Big Five safaris to cultural and historic tours. So no need for bathing suits in winter. Do your sums carefully. Staff were amazing Sully the barman was 2nd to none. The game drives were good although rain made sightings difficult as animals seek shelter in the bush and are more difficult to spot. It would be perfect with a few more days, so there was time to digest all the impressions and enjoy the swimming pool etc. an excellent standard and very clean. This allows you to focus on the "big 5" when you travel to the other game parks.The three trips to other game parks were all great and a necessity if you want to see the "big 5". Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. There are a lot of animals close to the lodge, we saw so many giraffes and impalas that we did not bother to take a photo after a few days. This was such an incredible trip and we will be taking in laws and others to this resort, in the near future. The days were full of early mornings and little time to sit around, although a bit more down-time would have been nice. There are plenty of non "big 5" wildlife at Sebatana which are relatively easy to find. Youve got to do this trip. Thank you , Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Vaalwater. Our tour was booked through Tripadeal Australia and 12 of the 14 people on the tour was Australian. This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC. It's hard to pick out highlights but possibly the mother rhino coming out of the bush right in front of us with her little baby trotting behind. Where to start!!! Management needs to listen to their guests. Sebatana Private Reserve is a wildlife paradise with a unique collection of 3 seperate 5 star lodges, Rhino, Elephant and Lion.