C3h3o2 Lewis Structure, Town Green Concert Schedule, What Is Wibbling Coffee, Github Leetcode Solutions Python, How To Remove Sharkbite Evopex, Articles G

Godspeed. Search by Name. He would so love to hear from you or reconnect somehow. George will always live on in my memory. Let others know about your loved one's death. he will be missed. Alfred Butch George Sauer Jr., 76, passed away on April 9, 2022, at his home in Barstow, CA. I use to run by his house to see if I could catch a glimpse. All of his Waco High classmates will be saddened by the news. Shocked me when he walked away from the game in 1970. I cherished your football card when I was a kid. Smart, athletic and I had the honor of connecting with him and seeing him play. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of George Sauer Sr. to pay them a last tribute. WE ALL ENJOYED WATCHING YOUR PERFORMANCE ON THE FIELD. He leaves many good memories and will be missed. George attended Waco City Schools and the University of Texas. I was a budding hippie and football fan and George was able to bridge that gap for me rest in peace George, George Sauer was Cool Hand Luke in a football helmet. Later, when I read about his feelings and reasons for leavingit made sense. - At Russ' request no services will be held. Comfort the family with flowers or a sympathy gift. Kathy & Art. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) George Sauer had a huge day in the biggest game in New York Jets history, and then surprisingly walked away from football a few years later. Our hearts hurt but know you brought joy to so many.RIP George. Russ' first visit to Baja, Mexico and fishing in the Sea of Cortez was in 1962. Thanks for the memories in the greatest Super Bowl played. Ways to honor George Sauer's life and legacy. Very graceful and surehanded. Once you find the obituary you are looking for, you can get important information about upcoming services, share a favorite photo or memory, and . I know you do not know me but I certainly remember your mother and father when I met them with Ed and Meda many many years ago. November 4 2015 It was clear he loved you because he was always talking about you! The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. He was one of the reasons why I pursued writing and football. Sincerely, He left the University of Texas after being drafted by the New York Jets. Played little league baseball with George; very good catcher and outstanding football player. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. We were sitting at a table calling each other Father so and So, when George suddenly stood up and announced to the stunned late night customers that he would like to give a blessing to all the customers. Expand the Memories and Condolences form. i played for george in 79 with the carolina chargers. I had the honor of meeting him years ago at a Jets reunion in NJ. He was predeceased by : his parents, Fredrick August Sauer, Sr. and Anita Elizabeth Sauer. Thoughts and prayers to you , Dana and family. RIP, George. one of the great players in one the greatest games where they had fun playing. so sorry to hear Sharon, Steve Staceythinking of you all xo, We began working closely with George about five years ago. Russ was born July 14, 1929 in New York City and grew up in Manhattan. 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. Grief researchers say holding that missing funeral service, even a year or more later, can still help us heal. My friends never understood why I wanted to be "that AFL guy". Write your message of sympathy today. ONE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE WHO I TRULY ADMIRED RIP AND GODSPEED. He was born November 27, 1937, a son of the late Fredrick August Sauer, Sr. and Anita Elizabeth Sauer. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic, Mt. His smile lit up a room. Sauer, a wide receiver on the having grown on LI in the 1960s i idolized george. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. He caught eight passes from Joe Namath that day in one of the greatest upsets in pro football history. He attended Colorado College graduating in 1951 with a bachelor's degree in Business and Banking. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic, Stump Funeral Home & Cremation, Inc.-Arnoldsburg. We first met George when he was in Edgewood Manor in a room near my brother Gene. Information and advice to help you cope with the death of someone important to you. We would sometimes share rides to and from Waco High. He was the son of Rose and Alfred Sauer Sr. Very sorry to hear of Georges passing. Russ is survived by his longtime partner Barbara Murphy, his 3 sons and their spouses: Steve and Glenda Sauer of Carlsbad, NM, Jim and Eileen Sauer of Austin, TX, and Tom and Janine Sauer of San Antonio, TX, 5 grandchildren: Jeff Sauer and wife Sharon, Hannah Sauer, Colleen Pate and husband Brad, Kevin Sauer, and Kaitlin Sauer, and 3 great-grandchildren: Hudson, Ella and Glenda. Thanks. Russ was born July 14, 1929 in New York City and grew up in Manhattan. George saw that, and unfortunately may have paid that price in later life. Ways to honor George Sauer's life and legacy. After experiencing the political and economic climate in Bermuda in the 1960s, he said he then understood what Karl Marx was writing about in the 1860s. He will greatly missed. Sorry I missed this sooner. www.cleveland.com/obits. He was obviously a tremendous player." He attended Colorado College graduating in 1951 with a bachelor's degree in Business and Banking. They're not a map to follow, but simply a description of what people commonly feel. He joined the Naval Reserve and was called to Active Duty during the Suez and Hungary crises. I don't know if he crammed the rest of the night or even studied at all. Thank you George and Hook 'em Horns! I was a student manager for four years and was the head manager of the national championship team. Beloved husband of the late Irmgard (nee Winter); loving father of Richard (Betsy) and Randolph Sauer; fond grandfather of Jennifer Shepard, Kristen Sullivan, Megan Sauer and Lauren Sauer; great grandfather of Cole and Dane Shepard, and "Baby Sullivan"; brother of Floyd Sauer, and the late Geraldine Graf; loving uncle and friend to many. Masks and social distancing are required. Then George suggested we go to the Pancake House on the Drag -- in our ministerial roles. I was a Junior in high school in 1966, loved the Jets,played tight end and wore #83. I hope we get to meet again when my time comes. My heart go out to Mr George Sauer family,may God bless you in this time of deep sorrow. Thanks George. During this time he was active in the Kiwanis with perfect attendance most years. To offer your sympathy during this difficult time, you can now have memorial trees planted in a National Forest in memory of your loved one. Ken Carr. Receive a notification when services are updated. He was one of the influences on my son who played HS, College and Semi Pro football. Dana, I remember Georgie so well because he spent a lot of time at our house on MacAethur Drive. If youre in charge of handling the affairs for a recently deceased loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist. The last time George and I visited on the phone was while he was here in Waco taking care of his Mother. Russ is survived by his longtime partner Barbara Murphy, his 3 sons and their spouses: Steve and Glenda Sauer of Carlsbad, NM, Jim and Eileen Sauer of Austin, TX, and Tom and Janine Sauer of San Antonio, TX, 5 grandchildren: Jeff Sauer and wife Sharon, Hannah Sauer, Colleen Pate and husband Brad, Kevin Sauer, and Kaitlin Sauer, and 3 great-grandchildren: Hudson, Ella and Glenda. George Sauer Sr. Obituary It is with great sadness that we announce the death of George Sauer Sr. of Orma, West Virginia, who passed away on February 28, 2021, at the age of 83, leaving to mourn family and friends. In the 21st century, it's not just urns and gravestones anymore. After that time, we didn't stay in contact and I just now learned of his death. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. He was preceded in death by his parents, George, Sr. and Lillian Sauer. After locking the door he would pull out his guitar and play for hours. Two college jobs Russ always talked about were how much he enjoyed driving a Pikes Peak tour bus and tending bar. Sauer, a wide receiver on the Jets' only Super Bowl championship team, has died. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. Search by Name. He played for the Jets in the AFL and then the NFL from 1965-70, but left the game after the 1970 season still in his prime because, he said at the time, he was unhappy with the way the game treated players. The team and Moreland Funeral Home in Westerville, Ohio, confirmed Saturday that he died Tuesday after a long struggle with Alzheimer's disease. The trips included fighting peacock bass in the Amazon and reeling in big blue marlin in Central America. www.hopehospice.org/donate/. May the God of comfort be with you during this sad time. That's the player I wanted to be. My thoughts of what a great person and always a good friend to me. I worked with George during his time in Sioux Falls and we became good friends. My condolences to the familyR.I.P. George attended Waco City Schools and the University of Texas. May you seek comfort in the God of all comfort at this difficult time. In lieu of any cards or flowers, please make a donation to Hope Hospice in Fort Myers, Fl. "We will always remember George Sauer for his role in the New York Jets' run that culminated with a historic victory in Super Bowl III as well as the strength of his convictions off the field," Jets owner Woody Johnson said in a statement. (Rev.12:3,4), May God's gentle peace fill your heart and comfort your soul today and, My heart goes out to the family for your loss. You have funeral questions, we have answers. Hodges-Kiser Funeral Home. May the thought and prayers of relatives and friends gives encouragement with George family and may God gives comfort and strenght to his family during this difficult time. He spent an a very pleasant evening with us for dinner at my parent's home and he got us tickets for the games. Russ was born July 14, 1929 in New York City and grew up 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. Funny thing is, after growing up in Wesport, CT, Las Vegas and Detroit, I too ended up and am currently living in Westerville. I am glad he quit football (but at the time very disappointed) and followed the beat of his own drum (in a world that adulterates ballplayers he did not buy into it). and grace and humor. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. He made the Jets what they were in 1969 and I will always remember him. Sauer, a wide receiver on the Jets' only Super Bowl championship team, has died. May God be with you and your family. Share Obituary. Gallery. In the 21st century, it's not just urns and gravestones anymore. Dana, I never met George, but we talked several times on the phone. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. He had such tremendous hand-eye coordination that he smashed the ball -- sometimes breaking it -- on the first pitch. The best poems for funerals, memorial services., and cards. I have many great childhood memories of watching the Jets with my dad. I new George back in the sixties, he was an usher in my wedding & I have been looking for him for a while. Send Flowers. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. George L. Sauer On October 9, 2008, George went to join our father and the Heavenly Father leaving behind family and friends who will forever remember his kind heart and quick wit. He was 69. He ran three more times At-Large, to keep the Democrats honest, he said. Hope you are well. It is with deep sorrow that we announce the death of George Sauer of Denville, New Jersey, who passed away on September 23, 2021, leaving to mourn family and friends. He was loved and cherished by many people including : his father Israel; his daughter-in-law Shiree; his girlfriend Alice Mikulak of Denville; his son Andrew Sauer (Shiree) of Jacksonville; his former wife Esther Sauer; and his grandchildren, Talia Sauer and Ariel Sauer. The Dignity Memorial online obituary search tool gives you access to obituaries from thousands of locations across North America. I'm sure he just hated that - bless you, Dana, and RIP George. I was also an art student and my conflicted feelings about violence in sport were confirmed by George's decision. but I met you and your parents when I was George's roommate at UT's Moore-Hill Hall. Once you find the obituary you are looking for, you can get important information about upcoming services, share a favorite photo or memory, and send flowers or gifts to the family. Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. His favorite Tom T. Hall song "Faster Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey and More Money", could sum up how Russ loved life! He was brilliant but rarely studied, instead playing stupid games with a group of 6-7 non-jocks. He was 69. Thank you George for special memories, That fantastic superbowl win was my favorite football game of all time. Spent many sunny wonderful days talking and playing tennis. Truly sorry to have stumbled upon this sad news. Our children live here in Worthington and Pete is now here as well living in a nursing home just north of Worthington. He will be missed. IN THE CARE OF. You can search by first or last name, state and publication date. George ALWAYS won. George Sauer, who as a wide receiver for the Jets played a pivotal role in the team's stunning victory in Super Bowl III, and who later quit professional football because he considered it. George H. Sauer, Jr., 69, formerly of Waco, Texas, passed away May 7, 2013 at Manor Care Health facility in Westerville, Ohio, following a lengthy battle with Alzheimer's Disease. 2021 Moreland Funeral Home. As a young NY Jets football fan in the mid 1960's I got the pleasure of seeing George Sauer Jr catch many a Joe Namath pass as he was a precise route runner and as sure handed as any player in the game. That was a pleasure even tho our record was terrible. I will always remember those great times and all tho we grew apart as we raised our families those memories remain. When he became bored with our lack of competition, he'd suddenly announced, "Okay, everybody out. He was the son of Rose and Alfred Sauer Sr. Born in Little Falls, Minnesota, he was the 8th of 10 Lawrence George Sauer, Jr., 61 of Louisville, passed away Wednesday, August 29, 2018. Russ volunteered over 10,000 hours for the Department! Obituaries Section. Some of Mr. Sauer's concerns about professional football were prophetic, and I hope his death may bring his insights to a new and more receptive audience. In the 21st century, it's not just urns and gravestones anymore. A great athlete and role model. Share Obituary. And he was very handsome too. When he was not volunteering for the Sheriff's Department, he could be found running his homeowners association and acting as a Guardian ad Litem for abused children. I understand that there will not be a service for George and so I am trying to touch base with you this way. My prayers go out to Dana and his family. He was preceded in death by his parents, George, Sr. and Lillian Sauer. We were happy to hear him play piano todefinitely another talent. A private service will be held. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. It may take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the website, G. Russell Sauer "One of the heroes on the Jets Super Bowl III championship team." It was an honor and privledge to watch him play. He will remain in my memory as the shy, quiet, athletic and very smart one in our class. The team and Moreland Funeral Home in Westerville, Ohio, confirmed Saturday that he died Tuesday after. You and Joe made my childhood memorable. He was elected seven times At-Large to the Republican Central Committee, leading the ticket in 1990 and 1998. Syracuse Post Standard. I do. I met George while playing tennis at Freedom Park in Charlotte. I was 11 when he helped the Jets win that big game (my mother bought me a Jets 3-ring binder right after that!). Russ' first visit to Baja, Mexico and fishing in the Sea of Cortez was in 1962. The family moved to Silver Spring, Maryland in 1939. He was always there to help me with my plumbing problems and great conversation. I remember reading an interview with him in which he mentioned Albert Camus - definitely not the normal sports page topic! My heart goes out to all of his loved ones. Sauer later was an assistant coach for the Carolina Chargers of the American Football Association in 1979. Sauer, George "Sandy"Fairport: Died suddenly March 14th. Submit an Obituary . He talked two hours telling me about the books he had written and numerology. RIP my childhood hero, you could play! They're not a map to follow, but simply a description of what people commonly feel. Rest in Peace man George also was a member of the national champion Texas Longhorns in 1963. Of course you have my condolences and again I was schocked and saddened to see his passing and to know you both have been so close in proximity. GEORGE SAUER MEMORIAM SAUER, GEORGE C. 4/27/1906 - 12/2/1992 Til memory fades and life departs. Help tell the story of your loved ones unique life. The Sauers lived on MacArther and I lived just around the corner on Park Lake in Waco. 5:7, George was like a big brother to me while I was in my early teens. G. Russell Sauer November 4 2015 G. Russell Sauer or "Russ" to all who knew him, passed away on Wednesday November 4, 2015 at the age of 86. REST IN PEACE GEORGE. I am both saddened and relieved to find out about the end of George's suffering.I cared for him during the last 2 years of his life and learned so much from him..about patience (hut, hut!!!!!) He was selected for OCS and was commissioned an Ensign in Newport, Rhode Island in 1957. I would usually fall asleep to his music. He was well-liked and a super athlete. Then we followed Father George out of the restaurant to a bunch of "bless you's" and "thank you, Father's. but sounded very impressive. Russ then founded and was CEO of Prime Insurance specializing in high-risk insurance. I did not Mr Sauer when he played football. .. I am so blessed to have been a part of his life, he loved to be read to as he ate his bedtime snack.PB and J and chocolate milk. DENNIS WASZAK Jr., AP Sports WriterCopyright 2013 The Associated Press. So very sorry to hear of his passing. "Everybody knew about Don Maynard, obviously, because he was a great receiver, a Hall of Fame receiver," Ryan said. Sauer, a wide receiver on the Jets' only Super Bowl championship team, has died. Alfred George Sauer Jr. August 6, 1945 - April 9, 2022 IN THE CARE OF Mead Mortuary Alfred "Butch" George Sauer Jr., 76, passed away on April 9, 2022, at his home in Barstow, CA. You were a National Champ, a World Champ, and a champion off the field. Russ' father Colonel Paul Kurt Sauer was a surgeon and a highly decorated Colonel in WWII. He was a good wide receiver. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. Obituaries Section . His father, George Sr., worked as the Jets' director of player personnel in the 1960s. I remember it well. Russ was always planning his next high adventure fishing trip and would say, "Are you ready for another knock your socks off trip." An extremely talented, curious and intelligent human being and I'll always miss him. My deep condolences at the death of a man who brought more joy than he probably realized. The Dignity Memorial online obituary search tool gives you access to obituaries from thousands of locations across North America. My sincere condolences to the family. All his boats were named "Sweet n' Sauer. "You are opening your hand and satisfying the desire of every living thing."pslm.145:16.dm. "Russ' passion was the water; from fishing, boating, and scuba diving to enjoying a margarita on a Baja beach watching the sunset. 17, 2017. The Dignity Memorial brand name is used to identify a network of licensed funeral, cremation and cemetery providers that include affiliates of Service Corporation International, 1929 Allen Parkway, Houston, Texas. His mother Eleanor Gude Sauer dedicated her life to charity and was an expert in antiques. G. Russell Sauer or "Russ" to all who knew him, passed away on Wednesday November 4, 2015 at the age of 86. Food has always been a go-to for people in mourning. He continued this tradition of fishing Baja, Mexico with virtually the same friends for over 50 years. There is no photo or video of George Sauer.Be the first to share a memory to pay tribute. Stump Funeral Home & Cremation, Inc.-Arnoldsburg 1441 Arnoldsburg Rd, Spencer, WV 25234. He was assigned to the Bermuda Station for two years. 1 Pe. R.I.P #83. God bless you George. You were great. No services are scheduled at this time. George connected with that and even shared he felt his injuries effected his current situation. OBITUARY George Russell Sauer 4 July, 1929 - 4 November, 2015 IN THE CARE OF Hodges-Kiser Funeral Home G. Russell Sauer November 4 2015 G. Russell Sauer or "Russ" to all who knew him, passed away on Wednesday November 4, 2015 at the age of 86. We send our sympathy on the passing of your dear brothera very nice man that we are glad to have met. Sauer briefly returned to football in 1974 with the New York Stars and Charlotte Hornets of the World Football League before retiring from playing for good. Looking back, George was probably one of the few "jocks" who wouldn't resent assigned to room with a lowly student manager! At 52,some of my earliest sports memories was Namath-to-Sauer, Namath-to-Maynard, Namath handing off to Boozer, Namath handing off to Snell, Grantham with a big tackle,Sample picking one off, etc All the above the reason I became, and will always be, a Jets fan. It's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning. If you would like to communicate with me or would like more information about Pete and his family here you may email me at [email protected]. Upon finishing his enlistment in the Navy he joined the IBM Space Center and Project Mercury. He mentioned his second grade teacher, Miss Speed, left mid-year to marry George. Russ was honored as Volunteer of the Year in 2007 and was recently honored by Sheriff Scott as an "Honorary Deputy." GEORGE H. SAUER, 83, passed away Dec. 23, 2007. It has been many years since my dad has passed, but I still have a Jets sweatshirt with 83 and Sauer on it! George H. Sauer, Jr., 69, formerly of Waco, Texas, passed away May 7, 2013 at Manor Care Health facility in Westerville, Ohio, following a lengthy battle with Alzheimers Disease. Sauer had at least 1,000 yards receiving for three straight years from 1966-68, with his best season coming in 1967 when he led the AFL with 75 catches for 1,189 yards and six touchdowns. I just learned about his death. Your entry has exceeded the maximum character limit. George August Sauer George August "Sonny" Sauer, Sr., 83, of Orma, WV, passed away on Sunday, February 28, 2021, at his home. Russ owned numerous yachts on Lake Michigan and explored every port on the lake. Copyright 2023 Echovita Inc. All rights reserved. It may take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the website, G. Russell Sauer FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) George Sauer had a huge day in the biggest game in New York Jets history, and then surprisingly walked away from football a few years later. Another piece of my childhood now part of the ages. Search by Name. George Sauer, Jr. was a fantastic wide receiver and I enjoyed watching him play along with the rest of that incredible NY Jets team. Sauer, a wide receiver on the Menu. Echovita offers a solidarity program that gives back the funds generated to families. I later transferred my brother to Manor Care and was pleased seeing George there. My husband is good with details of pro football teams. Send simple, comforting meals with Home Chef. May you find comfort in the promise that soon death will be no more and never again will we have to bury our love ones again. My sincere condolences to the family. He would stop by and chat with us, always a nice man. I was best friends w/ George's sister all during our school years in Waco. George Sauer's passing at the age of 88 has been publicly announced by Bruzdzinski Funeral Home, P.A. His 309 career receptions rank him ninth in franchise history, while his for 4,965 yards receiving are sixth on the team's list. He was a good friend and will be greatly missed. Psalms 65:2. May you rest in peace, and your family find comfort! George's family is honoring a long-standing request not to have calling hours or a service. Sometimes we would pass in the hall and on occassion he would return our smiles. - Turbotville in. 2023 SCI SHARED RESOURCES, LLC. Missed and loved by, Your family X Published by Bay City. I remeber him as a kid watching the Jets on TV. i'm am so deeply sorry for your loss and any suffering george endured. Farewell to a better place! Lived down the street from me in Bay Shore, NY. GEORGE A. SAUER JR. age 79 beloved husband of Betty Jane (nee Madsen) for 57 years; loving father of Norma Jean Hydock(John) and Ronald (Julie); grandfather of Elizabeth and Christopher; brother of th . You have funeral questions, we have answers. Manor Lane when he played for the Jets. I admired George, followed every bit of his career, was shocked when he left the game and upset that it was impossible to keep up with his "afterlife". Russ was born July 14, 1929 in New York City and grew up in Manhattan. Search by Name. He was a great football player, but, more importantly, a great friend. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? I did get an opportunity to get to know him a little better when he came to Denver with the Jets when they played the Broncos twice in the seasons after their Super Bowl victory over the Colts. You did good in life, May God hold you in His Palm. My sincere condolences to the family at this difficult time. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. It was alot of fun to watch him play. David Kessler's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief. He was a groomsman in my wedding. I was born a month before George but hardly knew him because he lived in Waco while I grew up in Denver. Sign up for service and obituary updates. So sorry to hear of Georges passing. We enjoyed working with him learning from him and listening to his stories. At the end of the games, we had the honor of going down on the field and meeting some of the players. Russ then founded and was CEO of Prime Insurance specializing in high-risk insurance. Published by. Dana: I did not know that your brother was living in Westerville. George, you were so special to my family- Dr Cal Nicholas my dad was team Dr. and George spent many days at our home, playing tennis, guitar and being with my brothers and me with memories we will cherish forever. Leave a sympathy message to the family in the guestbook on this memorial page of George Sauer to show support. I thought of him several years ago when I read about schoolboy slugger Bryce Harper and how his father had pitched increasingly smaller objects to him to hone his hand-eye coordination. Rest in peace George. Obituary George Michael Sauer born 4/12/1933 went home to be with the Lord on May 23, 2021. Select boxes below to reduce the number of results. It's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning. I admire him for taking a stand on player treatment and walking away in his prime. Russ' motto was "if we can't insure it nobody can. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time.