Joel Myers Blenko Bookends, Articles H

My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. Mini Meat 410 Show detail Preview View more A covered meatloaf typically takes approximately 45-60 minutes to cook, while an uncovered meatloaf typically takes 60-75 minutes to cook. Not only will they add flavor, but the onions will also help to keep the meatloaf moist. DD stands for Dinner Dilemma and its when you just cant decide what to have for dinner. Cooking 1 pound of meatloaf in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, Cooking 2 pounds of meatloaf in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, Cooking 3 pounds of meatloaf in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If it comes out clean, youre done. Rest the meatloaf for at least 10 minutes after cooking before slicing. Try using gravy, barbeque, or so many other options! People put milk in their meatloaf to make it more like a loaf of bread. However, 1 lb meatloaves are a little faster - 25-40 minutes tends to be the mark for these light loaves. Plus, baking can often result in a dry meatloaf that is difficult to slice. Make sure all of the breadcrumbs are wet. Without those ingredients, your meatloaf will turn out dry, flavorless, and chewy. After letting your meat bake for some good 35-40 minutes, simply put the glaze on top, and pop it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes! 4. Scoop or pour off any surplus fat that has accumulated. Ive been interested in food and cooking since I was a child. Allow the meatloaf to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. These are the general guidelines for baking meatloaf. It could be because you dont have enough binding agents. We have provided timing instructions per pound of meatloaf in the next section of this article. How Long To Bake Fries In Oven At 400 Degrees? To check if the meatloaf is cooked through, insert a digital thermometer into the center of the loaf and make sure it reads 160F (71.11C). If you find that your meatloaf is still sticking to the pan, you can always try cooking it without the spray. This means that I turn the stove to that setting when Im ready to cook. To make the meatloaf, simply mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and form the mixture into a loaf shape. Make sure to adhere to the timing guidelines in this recipe because overcooking your meatloaf may lead to less desirable results. Use lean ground beef This will help to ensure that your meatloaf is moist and not dry. Meatloaf is a traditional American dish that is always quite the hit with families. This will help to ensure that your meatloaf is moist and not dry. Yummm! In a small bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients and mix well. How long does a 2 pound meatloaf take to cook at 350 degrees? Here are some general guidelines for cooking a 1-pound meatloaf in an air fryer: Cooking a 1lb frozen meatloaf at 350 F will take a bit longer than cooking a fresh meatloaf, as frozen meatloaf needs more time to thaw and cook through. This will help ensure that the loaf doesnt get too hot and becomes difficult to work with. A 1.5 lb meatloaf will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes to cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This topping will add flavor and Herbaceousness to your meatloaf. Meatloaf is probably one of the easiest meals to make. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (75 degrees C). Add some chopped onions Not only will they add flavor, but the onions will also help to keep the meatloaf moist. Try cooking it instead over medium-high heat in a pan with some oil or butter before transferring it to the oven for baking. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8-inch round (1 1/2 quart) ungreased baking dish. You just want to make meatloaf for your family or yourself, and youre wondering how long it takes to cook 1 lb of meatloaf? How does the type of your oven change the cooking time and temperature of your meatloaf? Were going to walk you through everything you need to know about meatloaf from start to finish. Blogchef is owned and operated by Speak LLC. simply preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit . If you set your oven at a temperature of 375, a 1 lb meatloaf will generally take you about 50 minutes to fully . 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beef is a high-quality protein that is also low in fat and calories. After that, all theres left to do is just make a glaze! Some other factors to consider when cooking your meatloaf in a pan include using a nonstick coating and avoiding using metal utensils. Here you'll find hundreds of recipes for breakfast, dinner, dessert and everything in between. One way to get the best results is by sauting them with butter or olive oil first so they release more moisture into your meal while cooking it on medium heat for about 1 hour 45 minutes max. Start preparing the meatloaf sauce. If you're cooking a two-pound loaf, that . The answer varies depending on the temperature of the oven. 1 hour to 2 hours. Planning how to cook a large meatloaf is usually a bit of a challenge. Answer (1 of 17): That depends on a few things. For 2 lbs in the oven will take 40 -50 minutes while cooking 3 pounds can be done within 1 hour and 15-minute span. When it comes to traditional 2-pound meatloaves, the cooking time is 41 and 53 minutes in a convection oven and 55 minutes to an hour and ten minutes in a conventional oven. Enjoy! If its pork, it might not require spraying since pork doesnt produce a lot of odor. Step 7: Bake the meatloaf at 375 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Cooked meatloaf dishes that include sauce freeze best; thawing cooked dry meatloaf may make it mushy. Be sure to get all of the meatloaf mixture evenly coated with the sauce. 3. But as always, its best to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf to ensure it is cooked all the way through. If you opt instead to cook a 1lb meatloaf at 350 F, it will be done . Leaner cuts dry out quickly so be ready with some pork or veal if needed. 2. How Long To Bake Red Snapper In Oven At 375? 1lb Meatloaf recipe Ingredients You should let the meatloaf rest for at least 10 minutes before . 4. A post shared by International inspired recipes (@_culinaryambition_). You should cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. If your meatloaf falls apart, its either because you didnt use enough binding ingredients or you didnt press the loaf together tightly enough. If the meatloaf is still warm, you can also quickly brown it on a hot skillet to finish it off. Do you cook meatloaf covered or uncovered? Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the meatloaf is cooked through and browned. The best way to ensure that your meatloaf is cooked all the way through is to use a meat thermometer. It means you'll have to put in extra effort by focusing on the meatloaf frequently. When frozen and thawed, how long does cooked meatloaf last? Be sure to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. 3. Share a photo and tag us we can't wait to see what you've made! However, on average, it takes about an hour to cook a meatloaf that is 2 lbs. However, a 2 lb frozen meatloaf would need to be cooked in an oven preheated to 400 degrees F for around 60 to 70 minutes. And youre done! Find us here. 5. The process of draining the grease will make your meatloaf more Savory and Delicious. We know that cooking meatloaf can be a tricky task, but thats why weve put together this helpful blog post. In a 350 degrees preheated oven, 2 pounds of meatloaf should take about 60 minutes to cook and reach a safe internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Yes, when cooking a large-sized meatloaf such as this 2 lb meatloaf in the oven its highly recommended to cover it with aluminum foil for at least half the cooking time, as this will assure that your meatloaf wont end up dry. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. And Im sure, your meatloaf will save every dinner and make every family-and-friends gathering you have, the absolute best! Mix in the remaining ingredients. Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and seasonings in large bowl. 4. The average meatloaf . There are a few reasons why people put milk in meatloaf. When traveling, nothing beats a good food truck, serving hot, homemade grub right from their vehicle. I specialize in healthy, flavorful recipes that are easy to make at home. Remember that proteins turn into deadly toxins when heated above 172 F in the body. Im here to help you learn how to cook, and to show you that its not as difficult as you might think! They are usually in the Asian area of your supermarket, as well as with regular breadcrumbs. A standard meatloaf cooking temp is 350f. So if you want to avoid a cracked meatloaf, be sure to use ground beef that is not too lean and mix the ingredients together well. August 25, 2022 by eatwithus. Another key factor is ensuring that the meatloaf mixture is well coated with sauce. As a general rule, you should cook 3-lb. Cooking a 1.5lb meatloaf should take about 30-45 minutes. I use a blend of pork, ground chuck, and ground sirloinn I bake it at 375 for somewhere between 1 hour 15 minutes and 1 hour 30 minutes, then I. This is because they believe that the colder the meatloaf cooked at, the less intense the flavors will be. Theres not much to it, right? First, make sure your meatloaf mixture is not too wet. The last piece of the puzzle to making a fantastic meatloaf is two-fold: cooking time and letting it rest. Heat the oven to 350F. Just be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesnt overcook! Add the mixture on top before placing it into a preheated hot dwelling for 65 - 75 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked through with no pink left behind after slicing into its center. Baking also helps to seal in the juices, resulting in a moist and delicious meatloaf every time! A 4-pound meatloaf needs to bake at 350 F for two hours and 40 minutes. How To Use Infrared Grill - Make the Most of Your Infrared Grill, 6 Amazing Tips and Tricks, How To Use Commercial Blender? However, the texture may be a bit different than when you use eggs. Like I always say, sides will always make your main dish shine! Freeze cooked meatloaf in covered airtight containers, or heavy-duty freezer bags, or wrap it tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil or freezer wrap to increase the shelf life even more. How long does it take to cook a 4 lb meatloaf at 350 degrees? What temperature should I use to cook my 2lb meatloaf? Some people like to put ketchup in their meatloaf, while others do not. Grated onion Is a quick and easy way to make your meatloaf more soft (wet breadcrumbs puff up when cooked) and introduce a mouthwatering onion flavor without having to saute diced onion separately. Cook for 60-75 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 2. Well, there is, but its not that complicated. At room temperature, how long does cooked meatloaf last? Click the link below to download printable. Do not cut into the meatloaf right away, allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes after cooking. If you need to make a gluten-free meatloaf, there are a few things you can do. Garlic Toast: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spread garlic slices onto two baking sheets. Here are a few tips on how to make your perfect loaf: Preheat your oven before adding the bread. It takes 1 to 1.5 hours to cook a 2 lb meatloaf at 350 degrees in the oven. Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription. Some are recreations from my travels, others are from trendy places around the web, but with a new, interesting twist. Bake at 350 f for 40 minutes. Ideal cooking time Cooking times for meatloaf recipes will most likely vary, especially due to the differences in the size of the loaf. I have two simple tips that can help you get a better handle on that. meatloaf in an oven at 350F for about 1 hour, or until it's cooked through to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. 3. Second, make sure your oven is properly calibrated; an overcooked meatloaf can be dry and boring. Also, be sure to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature: A meatloaf is considered safe to eat when the internal temperature reaches 160F. It will take between 40 and 50 minutes for a 2-pound meatloaf's internal temperature to reach 160F. Are Meatballs and Meatloaf the Same Thing. Mix well with your hands. Mix until well blended (you can mix with your hands, but if you prefer not to use that method, a large mixing spoon or rubber spatula will also work just fine). Your meatloaf recipe will work nicely as long as you have a loaf pan that is roughly the same size, however your results may be flatter or higher. How Long To Cook Meatballs In Oven At 350 Degrees? There are a few tricks you can use to make a moist and delicious meatloaf. There is no right or wrong way to make meatloaf. It will take 35 to 45 minutes to pound. I typically use a temperature of 350. At a heat range from 350 to 375 degrees F, the answer is 45 minutes on the upper end and a minimum of 40 minutes on the lower side. Meatloaf prepared with sauce freezes well; cooked dry meatloaf may become too mushy when thawed. Remove from oven. Its that simple, yet its the best way to have a tasty dinner! An extra-large meatloaf pan will make the meatloaf bigger and more tender than a regular one. How Long To Bake Chicken Leg Quarters In Oven At 400 Degrees? Our team loves food, and we love to share! But if the knife hits a lot of unmelted fat, youll need to remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. Cooked meatloaf should be discarded if it develops a bad odor, flavor, or look. Second, if the meatloaf is overcooked, it will also be more likely to crack. Let it rest before slicing This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meatloaf, making it even more juicy and delicious. Mix in some quick oats This will help to bind the ingredients together and give the meatloaf a little bit of texture. kitchentiptricks.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, and other Amazon sites. A very thick 1-pound meatloaf (about 4 inches thick) will take about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes to cook. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed. You can also insert a knife into the center of the loaf and if the juices run clear and not pink, it is done. . If your meatloaf is 3 pounds, it should take roughly an hour and a half until it is done. Subscribe to Blog Chef for the easiest recipes and cooking tips. 2020 . But, if youre looking for ways to cook a meatloaf even faster, here are some ways you can quicken up that process to make sure the hungry tummies of your guests wont have to wait for too long! Be sure to store baked meatloaf leftovers in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in aluminum foil. If you find that your meatloaf is getting too soggy, you can always drain off the water and continue cooking the meatloaf without it. Then uncovering right away after turning off heat will help avoid burning yourself when touching the hot panhandle later. Grease a loaf pan with butter or cooking spray. It also allows for a balance between a crispier exterior and a moist center, and its versatile for a wide range of meatloaf recipes. The first step in learning how to make a meatloaf is to ensure you have everything you need. Pour ketchup over top. I believe that anyone can cook a delicious meal, no matter their skill level. You can also use gluten-free oats or quinoa in place of the traditional bread crumbs. Weve got you covered! By following our tips and tricks, youll be able to cook your meatloaf perfectly every time! Enjoy. Cooking time for meatloaf is also vital because it will inevitably fall apart if overcooked. Examine the meatloaf's temperature while it is still in the oven by placing the thermometer into the center of the loaf. Our recipes are tried, true, and guaranteed delicious. There are a few things you need to consider before spraying your pan with cooking spray for meatloaf. It takes at least two hours to two hours and 45 minutes to cook a meatloaf at 350 degrees. If so, then theres a good chance that your refrigerator is filled with raw frozen meatloaves. However, dont let this stop you from enjoying a homemade meatloaf whenever you want. The meatloaf should take around 1 hour, depending on size and shape, to cook at 350F. Dont let old or stale breads affect the texture or flavor of your Loaf of Meatloaf. Tips and Tricks for Cooking a Perfect 2lb Meatloaf. Line a rimmed baking sheet or other baking dish with aluminum foil. At 30 minutes, start taking your temperature. When the temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit . 1 pound ground beef (90% lean) cup panko bread crumbs; cup milk; cup ketchup; 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1 large egg; 1 onion (chopped) Some people say that this is because they dont use enough oil, others say the breading isnt good enough. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, onion, oats, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and egg. Want to sneak some vegetables into your meal? Ultimate Guide For You (2021), BMI Calculator: How To Calculate Your Body Mass Index For Weight Loss Ultimate Guide (2021). Yes, you can freeze your meatloaf. It takes 1 to 1.5 hours to cook a 2 lb meatloaf at 350 degrees in the oven. Yes, and be sure to do it 15 minutes before baking time is up. The best type of meat for meatloaf is beef. In a 99 inch pan or Dutch oven, combine the beef, ground beef, and bacon. 1 hour should be more than enough for a 2 pound meatloaf. First, cook at a low temperature. Typically, a 2 lb turkey meatloaf takes about one hour to cook. I love this incredibly simple topping for my 2 pounds of meatloaf since it just requires three ingredients that I usually have on hand. Waist To Height Ratio Calculator: What Is A Healthy Waist Size For My Height? When you cook a turkey meatloaf at 375 degrees, you will get a juicy and tender turkey meatloaf that will satisfy all of your dinner needs. A larger, thicker 1lb frozen meatloaf (about 3 inches thick) will take closer to 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes to cook at 350F. Use ketchup and Worcestershire sauce for flavor These two ingredients are key for giving the meatloaf its classic flavor. Cooking 2 pounds of meatloaf at 250 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven should take between 2 hours to 2 hours and a half, depending on the size and form of the meatloaf. If youre looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for meatloaf, look no further than this one! It is recommended that you check the internal temperature to make sure it does not become tough or crumbly. Preheat the oven to 350F. You can make a simple yet classic and scrumptious one by mixing ketchup, sugar, vinegar, onion and garlic powder, a little cayenne for spice, and salt and pepper! For a moist meatloaf Using moist ingredients is one of the keys to making meatloaf with the most delicious and moist quality. Cooking 2 pounds of meatloaf in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow 10 minutes rest time after cooking then cut into desired serving sizes. If you plan on keeping the leftovers longer, its best to freeze them, it can stay frozen for up to 3 months. To prevent burning the meatloaf when cooking, use caution. So there you have it! Combine all beef ingredients (ground beef, eggs, onion, garlic, ketchup, panko bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, whole milk, and seasonings. In this article, well discuss the ideal cooking time and temperature for a delicious, juicy meatloaf. One of the problems with making meatloaf is that it often shrinks while it is cooking. Welcome to Elapasony, a blog for foodies!My name is Michael and I am so happy youre here. If you are looking for a great meatloaf recipe, this is the one. It can be served as a main dish, side dish, or dessert. The meat will be perfectly cooked and wont dry out or become tough. Third, mix in some quick oats. And enjoy! The microwave is a great way to cook meatloaf if youre short on time. There are a number of different toppings you can put on top of your meatloaf, including cheese, onions, green onions, and tomatoes. Cooking times will vary depending on size, but a good rule of thumb is 35 to 45 minutes per pound. So if you want to avoid using a thermometer, be sure to look for the juices to run clear, press down on the top of the meatloaf with your finger, or insert a knife into the center of the meatloaf. Finally, let the meatloaf rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing into it. Place in the prepared pan. Just remember to check the internal temperature of the meat with a thermometer to ensure it is cooked all the way through. Cooking 3 pounds of meatloaf in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Step 5: Set the oven to 30 minutes. In this blog post, well teach you how to cook a perfect 2lb meatloaf every time! The meatloafs taste is amplified by the sauce. What is the difference between a regular and an extra-large meatloaf pan? I mean, who doesnt love a loaf of meat? Another option is to use a commercially available vegan egg replacer. Another reason is that it adds flavor. Yes, if any of these symptoms develop it is best to discard your meatloaf. So, how long to cook 4 lb meatloaf? Once you have prepared your dough, shape it into a ball and place it on a greased baking sheet. There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Let cool before slicing into thin slices. Put in a 95 loaf pan and bake for 10 minutes. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes. Add ketchup (or tomato sauce) into the bowl of ingredients before mixing together until combined thoroughly. Add a bottle of broth or tomato sauce to the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes. Traditional Meatloaf . Alternatively, hamburger buns or garlic bread might be more suitable for those with meat-heavy diets. If you are looking to cook 2-3 pound ground beef on the stovetop, it can be done in around an hour and a half. How To Make Meatloaf With Stuffing Only 8 Step? Make sure the meatloaf is packed well and the surface is smooth. A smaller, thinner 1-pound meatloaf (about 2 inches thick) will typically take about 40 minutes to 45 minutes to cook. A very thick 1lb frozen meatloaf (about 4 inches thick) will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes to cook at 350F. 350F is the typical cooking temperature for meatloaf. You can freeze a cooked or raw meatloaf. The key to ensuring that your meatloaf cooks evenly is to follow the recipe as closely as possible and not over-cook it. Im here to talk about food and cooking, and to share some of my favorite recipes with you all! How Long To Cook 2 lb Meatloaf At 350 Degrees In Oven? When it comes to meatloaf pans, the size is definitely important. Do you want to make the best meatloaf ever? You want the internal temperature for any food item to reach 160F before removing from heat. In a small mixing bowl, mix ketchup, white vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. There are some tips and tricks that you can follow to ensure a perfect 2lb meatloaf every time. A smaller meatloaf with half that meat will cook in about 1 hour at 350F. However, be careful not to overcook your loaf, and dont make it dry. Baked meatloaf leftovers can be safely stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. We have compiled a number of helpful tips, guidelines and cooking guidelines that will help you achieve desirable results when cooking meatloaf: Keep your meatloaf from falling apart When there isnt enough to keep the meatloaf together, it breaks apart. And, the more meatloaf you want to cook, you just need to adjust the cooking time. Meatloaf is a delicious and hearty dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. A great meatloaf will keep your friends and family wanting it for dinner back to back! How Long to Roast Green Beans In Oven at 425 Degrees? If youre looking for faster cooking methods, then you can opt for the broiler to cook your mealoaf! The most important of these is the cooking temperature. You bet. Some people like to spray the pan with cooking spray when making meatloaf, as it helps to prevent the meatloaf from sticking. If youd like to see more meatloaf recipe ideas or inspiration, then check out this video recipe. For the last 15 minutes of baking, cover it with aluminum foil so that its moist and succulent inside without drying out too quickly on top. One of the best ways to do this is by baking it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Menu. This will make the loaf more moist and tender, as ground beef is already loaded with moisture thanks to its fat content. 1 tablespoon onion, minced 2023 Copyright Elpasony.com: A Food Blog For Foodies, link to Can You Microwave Honey? Mix everything together until it is well combined and do not overmix. And cook it until it is just done! This will give you the best of both worlds! Youll need 3/4 cup beef broth, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. How Long To Cook 1 lb Meatloaf At 400 Degrees? Copyright 2022 BlogChef. 2. There are a few things you can do to prevent this from happening. We only recommend products we personally use now, have used in the past, or would use if there was a need. How long does a 2 lb meatloaf take to cook at 375? Echo is known for her unique style and approach to cooking, which has won her critical acclaim from food critics and diners alike. A better way to cook a meatloaf is by using a meat thermometer and watching the temperature rise. A larger, thicker 1-pound meatloaf (about 3 inches thick) will take closer to 50 minutes to 55 minutes to cook. Assuming you are baking a 3 pound meatloaf at 350 degrees F in a convection oven, it will take approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese Because Panko breadcrumbs are typically bigger than regular breadcrumbs, theyll help soften the meatloaf. It allows for even heat distribution, reaching the safe internal temperature of 160F, and retaining moisture resulting in a succulent and flavorful meatloaf. One important thing to keep in mind is the temperature. Im Brian Danny Max, a chef and a writer at cookingtom.com. But, why not take your meatloaf to the next level and wow your guests even more? This will help to bind the ingredients together and give the meatloaf a little bit of texture. Making meatloaf. Like all meatloaf, do not over mix. Step 6: Pour the sugar, ketchup, and mustard mixture on top of your meat loaf. And enjoy! You bet. Im telling you, a great meatloaf will be your familys new favorite, and its bound to solve every DD you have! Drain or remove from pan for serving. How long do you cook a 2 pound meatloaf at 400? Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. A 2 pound meatloaf cooked at 375F will take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to cook. The interior temperature of a meatloaf should be 160F, so make sure to work towards that. It should take 80 to 90 minutes to cook 2 pounds of meatloaf at 300F to reach an internal temperature of 160F. Always wrap frozen meatloaf in aluminum foil and cook it without thawing. A 2-pound meatloaf will reliably cook in about an hour try not to . Bake 40 minutes. Refrigerate meatloaf in shallow airtight containers or wrap securely with heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap to maximize the shelf life of cooked meatloaf for safety and quality. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, bbq sauce, brown sugar, and remaining mustard. But the truth is, there are a few things you can do to help make your meatloaf fall apart even faster and easier. Meatloaf should be cooked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately an hour, give or take a few minutes due to variations in size and form.