Do You Need Reservations For Toledo Zoo, Articles J

However, only suites have coffeemakers (free coffee is available in the lobby), and both internet access and safes are an extra charge. We went to the front desk they gave us another room. We finally had the engineer come, and he said oh well the heat is off in the hotel. I truly apologize that you were not contacted by our team. Finally our third room was acceptable but we had other problems. Thanks Essex House! The JW Marriott Essex House New York proudly stands on Central Park South. They followed Covid protocol seriously, thats for the safety of everyone They offered free coffee and drinks , fresh fruits and energy bars , yogurt and all . Contact accommodation for availability. There was a marble bath but the grout was missing between some of the marble on the floor. There's a restaurant on site. The temperature would not go above 63. This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Which languages are spoken by the staff at JW Marriott Essex House New York? Now, wanting to dip a toe into the travel scene again, we have booked a few trips. We stayed at this hotel in January and had a great stay. We, unfortunately, were using Marriott points and had a view of the inner shaft. Please feel free to reach out to me directly as well. The hotel also offers 24-hour room service and allows local restaurants to deliver food directly to rooms. more. We still do have our Marriott platinum status. Picture Perfect Location The JW Marriott Essex House New York proudly stands on Central Park South. Experience rich history and exquisite Art Deco inspired surroundings at the JW Marriott Essex House New York. Sure, introverts may relish their alone time, but some just function better in smaller groups or in shorter social periods. I guess I expected an upgrade to a full view of the park. Pets are welcome for a non-refundable fee; weight restrictions apply, and only one pet is allowed per room. Open for Guest Rooms 528 Venue type Luxury hotel Ratings Northstar 4 AAA 4 Forbes Travel Guide 4 Awards Recommended by Forbes - 2019 Recommended by Forbes - 2020 Venue Highlights 3D Event Space Thanks to the nearbyLincoln Center, many celebs make appearance in or around the hotel. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Unlock Member Rates! We are saddened to read you did not have a memorable stay and hope you give us an opportunity to turn this around during your next visit to NYC. I am so sorry to hear about this experience. There was a covid breakfast at no additional charge. Our upscale Central Park South hotel in New York City sits adjacent to Central Park. Themore expensive Trump International Hotel and Tower New Yorkis right down the street; guests there get slightly bigger rooms but none of the Old New York ambience. The JW Marriott Essex House's premier, SOUTHGATE Bar and Restaurant is named after the iconic hotel's location on the southernmost part of Central Park. For a NYC hotel, the rooms are substantial in size! Enjoy amenities including a fitness center, PRIMP Spa and our signature on-site restaurant, SOUTHGATE Bar & Restaurant. Ask the Community Ask a question Q: We hope to turn this into a 5 star stay should you give us an opportunity to turn this around during your next visit to NYC. JW Marriott Essex House New York - Fitness centre entrance Additionally, the hotel has a small fitness centre located on the third floor, with all-new modern treadmills, ellipticals, weight machines, and free weights. No room services, no fridge in room, not even a tea kettle. No room service. The room was very clean and well kept, on the high floor, facing Central Park - thanks a lot to hotel team for this little new years gift! The Staff was extremely professional, cordial and accommodating. In Room Entertainment - 46-inch LCD TV, premium channels, and iPod dock. Gary understands the secret to the hospitality business: Make every guest feel special! Thats why hotels along the route are offering packages to allow, The Viceroy Room at the Viceroy Santa Monica; Los Angeles, CA 1. Was upgraded to a great view of CP so added a point. Pre pandemic we traveled extensively. Well, those behind the spas at JW, The Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade is truly a sight to behold so its no wonder that visitors flock to see its fabulous floats. 351 reviews of JW Marriott Essex House New York "A nice central location for a business or leisure trip to the city. In hospitality, JW Marriott Team. Thank you for the feedback and for your loyalty! While the Essex House is among the most expensive hotels in Manhattan, pesky fees abound, including a daily resort fee that doesnt cover in-room Wi-Fi or valet parking. and you can also walk to the High Line at Hudons Yard if you fancy a real stroll! https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/maps/travel/nycex-jw-marriott-essex-house-new-york/?directPageRequest=true. Ask Numiswino about JW Marriott Essex House New York, Ask raeese2015 about JW Marriott Essex House New York, Courtyard New York Manhattan / Times Square, We compared the lowest prices from 7 websites, We compared the lowest prices from 6 websites, Hampton Inn Manhattan / Times Square Central, We compared the lowest prices from 5 websites, Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Central Park, We compared the lowest prices from 8 websites. ~Belinda B/Suburban Chicago, Nice staff and pretty decorations but the facility needs an update and the rooms have erratic temperature systems with awful noises. Staff does their best despite the circumstances. But jostling for a view while braving the chilly November weather is hardly the ideal way to enjoy the spectacle. davemh333, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. East West Coast Girl C. said: Although the attention to detail is terrific i.e. In hospitality, JW Marriott Team, I cannot stress enough how bad my expierence with this hotel was. Thank you for the review and we appreciate all of the feedback! $95 for cars. Most of the hotels 528 rooms and suites underwent full renovations in 2017-18. I had experienced great memories in this iconic place. Unlock your stay with the Marriott Bonvoy App, 6:30 AM-11:00 AM, 12:00 PM-3:00 PM, 5:00 PM-10:30 PM, 6:30 AM-11:30 AM, 12:00 PM-3:00 PM, 5:00 PM-10:30 PM. (Who are we kidding? As a Life Titanium member with 1,700 Marriott nights, we were upgraded to a very spacious two room suite. Guests can enjoy an on-site restaurant, a lounge, and breakfast during their stay. By the way, Destination Fee was totally worth it because it also included 2 complimentary tickets to the rink! No oversized vehicles. & This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. No room service. There are more places to choose from in the, jumeirah essex house hotel new york city, jumeirah essex hotel, hotel jumeirah essex, Frequently Asked Questions about JW Marriott Essex House New York. No in/out privileges. Directly opposite the hotel is Central Park,. We mentioned both before we arrived. But service there blew me away! Please feel free to contact me to discuss in more detail [email protected] Thank you. Are pets allowed at JW Marriott Essex House New York? Modern take on an American steakhouse serving up killer steaks and fresh seafood. JW Marriott Essex House New York Features, 160 Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019, We had an incredible one-night stay in Essex House for New Years Eve. Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Our recently reimagined hotel rooms and family suites boast Art Deco designs, smart technology, connecting rooms and luxury amenities such as plush bedding, marble bathrooms and views of NYC. The menu is mostly American. I really cant say thank you enough to every staff I met here I truly highly recommend this hotel for comfort and satisfaction!!! American grill specializing in seafood hosting live music nightly. Lunch I have been platinum with Marriott for about 10 years now & travel a lot both for work and leisure. When I told the front desk they said a manager would contact me. We went to the front desk they gave us another room. The iconic, 528-room JW Marriott Essex House New York is a luxury hotel located right across the street from the southern edge of Central Park. But there are ways to get, Youve finally decided to visit New York City, so where are you going to stay? Staff was superb, as was the stay. Many have wonderful park views, but some are showing wear despite the extensive 2017 renovations (and high price tag) and overlook a wall. more. & The space was large enough for our family. The city is full of hotels some towering high on iconic roads and others tucked away on busy pedestrian streets or in sleepy boroughs. JW Marriott offers a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a diverse community of talented hands-on individuals. Many travelers enjoy visiting The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum (4.2 miles), World Trade Center Memorial Foundation (4.2 miles), and Hamilton Park (2.1 miles). Executive lounge was the most bare I have ever seen at a Marriott. If your travels bring you back to NYC, please feel free to reach out to me directly so we can personalize the next visit. JW Marriott Essex House New York 2,373 reviews #307 of 524 hotels in New York City Review Save Share 160 Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019 1 (844) 631-0595 Visit hotel website Check In / / Check Out / / Guests Hotel direct offer! Great conversation This property always exceeded my expectations . Bed Type and Features - Memory foam bed, a down duvet, a pillow menu, and bed sheets . This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. In hospitality, JW Marriott Team, I was in NYC for the CNN Heroes 2022 televised show and event festivities Dec. 10-12 hosted by Jelly Ripa and Anderson Cooper. Bad decision on our part to eat there. A palpable energy pulses through the air and the massive balloons and intricate floats are even more incredible in person. Experience the recently redesigned spaces and luxury amenities at JW Marriott Essex House New York. We stayed for a few nights in a junior suite. As the heart of Midtown Manhattan, our penthouse-style suites and its Central Park and city views will take your breath away. Pre pandemic we traveled extensively. Essex House told me that I booked the room on a AAA cash rate. JW Marriott Essex House New York offers a collection of luxury hotel suites with exquisite Art Deco design, unique furniture and terraces of views of Central Park and Manhattan. Fabulous hotel! The customer service here is exceptional!!! Some of the more popular amenities offered include an on-site restaurant, a lounge, and a fitness center. We love every time of the year!) I wont even mention all the details about the valet that did not deliver our car for 45 minutes past the requested time and we requested it the night before. There was no staff for the front desk, with one person and 30 people trying to check in. I had to make four calls and wait seven (hours) for water that was supposed to have been in my room in the first place. 5th Avenue and all the great shops are also walking distance, along with some of the great restaurants such as Sara Beths and Serendipity 3. Primp is the hotels full-service spa, which offers body treatments such as wraps, massages, and scrubs plus a variety of salon services in an elegant space on the third floor. Added another point because the staff was very friendly. Some rooms provide interior views while others offer city and park views. Hotels near JW Marriott Essex House New York, New York City on Tripadvisor: Find 23,296 traveller reviews, 62,989 candid photos, and prices for 1,277 hotels near JW Marriott Essex House New York in New York City, NY. Standard amenities are decent but not outstanding for the price; they include large flat-screen TVs with premium cable channels, air-conditioning, robes, slippers, iPod docks, and minibars. However, all suites feature sofa beds for two additional guests. $105 for SUV's for 24 hours. She is such fun! But if you are a JM Marriott and charging $500+ per night then I expect a nicer property and full amenities. Please see our partners for more details. The hotel is pricey and Im not sure we would have stayed there if we didnt have points to use. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Some are sleek and elegant, with marble finishes throughout and spacious counters, while others have more basic shower/tub combos with fabric curtains. More. Choose your dates for more accurate prices. New York City, New York 10019. Also a lie, and I have the confirmation email to prove it. Saturdays at 7am - Learn about the history, culture and architecture of Central Park as the guides from City Running Tours lead Essex House guests through an invigorating run. Guests can relax and enjoy a variety of beauty and spa treatments. We still do have our Marriott platinum status. From Jamilla at check-in, to Ramon, to Omar at the restaurant, to guys at the bell desk everyone treated us like we were guests of honor there. Of course, the location is just superb, and everyone we met at the hotel was very helpful and friendly and made us feel welcome. The heavily touristed crosstown street it sits on, Central Park South, is a mix of high-rise hotels and high-end apartment buildings. The lobby, with its magnificently elaborate floral arrangements and marble columns, is grand, but still has some cozy nooks to lounge. Excellent location across the street from Central Park, Within two blocks of nine subway lines and several buses, Stylish rooms with pillow-top mattresses, minibars, and flat-screen TVs, Some rooms and suites have wonderful Central Park views, Excellent spa offers body treatments and salon services, Small 24-hour fitness center with cardio and strength-training machines, Casual American restaurant off the lobby, plus 24-hour room service, Extensive flexible meeting space, business center, and catering services, Executive Lounge offers free breakfast, hors doeuvres, and non-alcoholic drinks, Pets welcome for a fee; weight restrictions apply, Some rooms are showing wear and/or have mediocre views, Only suites have coffeemakers (free coffee available in the lobby), Smallish entry-level rooms (common in New York City). The breakfast selections were limited by covid restrictions, but there was a good selection of fruit, cereals and pastries. This hotel has a great view of Central Park from almost any floor. I would say my expectations are high. Thank you very much to Laura Burton ( Resident Manager) of JW Essex House in Central Park New York City and Madeline Vargas, Executive Assistant it was an amazing stay at our beautiful suite . Near Rockefeller CenterMake yourself at home in one of the 528 air-conditioned rooms featuring . My kids were delighted! I finally received a call from Madelyn in the GM's office who told me a refund was being issued to my card that day and it would show up in 5-7 business days. Treat yourself to SOUTHGATE Bar & Restaurant for on-site dining and mouthwatering American cuisine. 1, 2, A, B, C, D at 59 St - Columbus Circle. Building: JW Marriott Essex House 160 Central Park South, New York, NY, 10019. From Jamilla at check-in, to Ramon, to Omar at the restaurant, to guys at the bell desk everyone treated us like we were guests of honor there. I finally received an email Christmas Day from Marriott informing me that the refund would be on my credit card by 12/28 and if it's not there to respond to their email to let them know. We finally had the engineer come, and he said oh well the heat is off in the hotel. Contact accommodation for availability. JW Marriott Essex House New York 160 Central Park S, New York, NY 4.3 Excellent 1000 reviews Verified reviews 5 - Excellent 540 4 - Good 288 3 - Okay 112 2 - Poor 43 1 - Terrible 17 4.4/5 Cleanliness 4.4/5 Staff & service 4.4/5 Amenities 4.2/5 Property conditions & facilities 4.2/5 Eco-friendliness Write a review 5/5 Excellent Carmen Get your trip off to a great start with a stay at this property, which offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms. Check-in was quick and pleasant. Our problem was just a total lack of personnel or any interest in making our stay even minimally acceptable. Room is out dated. She handed us a sheet of paper that had the name and address of the church but not the mass times. Thanks again to Essex House team for our wonderful stay in NYC! Bryant Park is a short 20 minute walk through Times Sq. Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, an IHG Hotel. Used award points for some. Porter House New York captures the spirit of American generosity big juicy steaks, warm generous welcomes, the best products, filling a wide-open space with light, luxury and comfort. Z30650Tmelissar, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback! The restaurant was open limited hours with limited food. Bed was comfortable enough, towels were nice. +1 212-582-5100 Open for Lunch & Dinner Here, there was nothing more than stale bagels and luke warm 'hot' food every day! We got a measly plate of strawberries and a bottle of non alcoholic cider, and of course no upgrade - to be expected! Location is excellent with easy access to subway and Central Park. Looking forward to staying at this hotel againVery SOON! The temperature would not go above 63. Even when open it is the worst breakfast I have ever had at a JW. Great amenities; great restaurant/bar, and food. We had vowed after our prior less than stellar experience that we wouldn't come back, but they had the best rate in the area, so I gave them another try. 182 units; 42 stories; . The location is just amazing - right across the street from the park. Join us for signature brunch selections or after-hours drinks at the cocktail lounge, which is open until 1:00am. This 4.5-star hotel is 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from Broadway and 0.6 mi (1 km) from Times Square. Our problem was just . If the refund does not appear on my credit card in the stated time, I will be filing a dispute with my credit card company for fraud. In the Southgate bar we saw former sluggerReggie JacksonandMike Shanahan, former coach of the NFL's Denver Broncos. My 2 night stay at JW Essex House exceeded all expectations. But spring holds a special place in our frozen winter hearts., It seems like everyone we know is lacing on sneakers and hitting the ground running these days. It opens from early in the morning for breakfast -- both buffet and a la carte options available -- and closes late at night. However, just two blocks east is Fifth Avenue, home to some of the most exclusive boutiques in New York City. The 528-room property has gone through a number of top-to-bottom redos since 2007 that have modernized the hotel but also played up itsArt Deco history. We chose the hotel because it was close to our daughters new apartment. I had booked my reservation using a Marriott free night certificate of 85k points that was set to expire on 1/1/23, plus an additional 15k points to hit the 100k point room rate. Nearby attractions include Big Apple Jazz Tours (0.06 miles), Jazz at Lincoln Center (0.3 miles), and Carnegie Hall (0.1 miles). the location is beyond fabulous. Needless to say, our drive to Newark airport was filled with anxiety due to their lack of competency. Enjoy light fare from our late night menu. Then, I thought to myself, I'll bet they screwed up my bill. With over 3,000 hotel nights in our past, this may be one of our favorite hotels worldwide.So why did I give it 96% and not 100%? I am so sorry to hear about this experience, please feel free to contact me so we can discuss in more detail. Hopefully the F and B will be back in service soon I cant wait to be back here again and again, my home away from home. The restaurant is modern and truly one of the finest on this end of Central Park. 0.1 miles from JW Marriott Essex House New York Restaurant Room service Special offer Visit hotel website 2022 Hilton Club The Quin New York View Hotel 3,697 reviews 0.1 miles from JW Marriott Essex House New York Free Wifi Fitness center Visit hotel website 2022 Thompson Central Park New York View Hotel 242 reviews Arrived and checked in and was sent to a room that . 160 Central Park S, New York, NY, 10019, United States The hotel architecture and art deco decor preserves the building's rich history with curated art, delicate flourishes, geometric carpet patterns, silver leaf wall coverings, crystal lamps and chandeliers found throughout the hotel which all reflect the glamour of the fashionable art deco era. She was clearly new and not well trained. The Essex House is a business-friendly hotel that offers a wide array of convenient perks for those traveling for work. We were given a room after a long flight that had been flooded the night before. Now, wanting to dip a toe into the travel scene again, we have booked a few trips. This room was like an icebox box - literally. Nearest Airport: LGA, JFK, EWR. I can hardly imagine anyone who has stayed here ever wanting to come back unless he has a glutton for punishment. Wi-Fi is only free in the lobby and other public areas. Enjoy light fare from our late night menu. The room and dcor was spectacular, the service provided to our . Yes, it conveniently offers a business center, meeting rooms, and a banquet room. My family enjoyed it more I loved going around few blocks shopping to Nordstrom Even is walkable, going to 5th Avenue and to the Rockefeller center and St Patricks cathedral. Sure enough, there were bogus charges. JW Marriott Essex House New York elevates your dining experience in Midtown Manhattan. For the planner, the appeal of our elegant setting, over 17,000 square feet of event space, state-of-the-art AV, catering services and versatile layouts, is immeasurable. Use Spot Hero app to park at countless nearby lots for a fraction of williamsR4048FB, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. The location is fantastic but the rooms are small and the lounge is closed on the weekends. This July was horrendous. We had a family room (a suite and connecting room), and as we notified the hotel in advance, there were games and tee-pee tents in the room. Browse Venue prices, photos and 14 reviews, with a rating of 5.0 out of 5. . This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. JMM's Essex House is a "tired" looking property, and for this brand to not have any restaurant or room service is unacceptable in my scoring. Travelers looking for a truly standout property should consider the Mandarin Oriental, New York, which is nearby and has well-sized rooms with impressive bathrooms. Dinner. Food was "pretty good" but not nearly worth $36 for a burger with bacon or $31 for a modest salad serving with four medium size grilled shrimp or $30+ for a pasta dish. You can email us at [email protected]. I swiped my credit card for the standard $150 security fee and proceeded to the room. The classic New York luxury of the JW Marriott Essex House evokes a more glamorous time, when men wore hats and women wore gloves. SOUTHGATE Bar & Restaurant tempts guests with impressive views near Central Park South and delicious American dishes. We still do have our Marriott platinum status. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. Big mistake. The restaurant was open limited hours with limited food. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. Art Deco-style rooms and suites are elegant and comfortable, with great beds, large flat-screen TVs, and minibars. laura burton, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Essex House New York, responded to this review.