Mobile Homes For Rent Tavares, Fl, What Time Can You Cash In Scratchers, Are Tamlin And Amarantha Mates, Iwanna Mobile Homes For Rent, Articles L

Would the throttle control be link to the foot pedal on ls2 goats? . I considered doing this swap. Swapping to the LSx drastically transforms the RX8 into an effortless 4 . (8) APPLICATION: 2007 and NEWER LS, Vortec, Corvette and Camaro LS3 Engines W/ 6L80/6L90 Transmissions. AS with many other swap aspects, how it fits is dependant on where you set your engine in both height & setback. I would cut the floor and get it over with. but it'd still be an expensive swap and not worth the money imo. If you are swapping a 4LXX-series transmission, then you need a new flexplate like the billet SFI 29.2 unit from TCI (part No. One thing with a 6L80E is you will likely want to swap to a G8 transmission pan since it is the most shallow. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more! You must log in or register to reply here. Nice find. Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 11:27:17 AM . Can i also get pics as im doing the same thing. The powerplant is mated to a General Motors six-speed automatic gearbox to help with quick shifting and . We are always looking at ways to introduce current production components into our performance parts portfolio that make sense and that customers want, Sampsel explains. The LS3 is filled with components designed for high performance and longevity. Oil sensor in the pan is for oil levels it is not used with any aftermarket swap harnesses that I am aware of it will not bring up a check engine light. Exhaust I modified the original crossmember, and used a 3-Bolt Adapter Flange Yoke for the driveshaft. it runs. PSI Standalone Wiring Harness HAR-1071 is a complete Plug and Play Harness designed for your 2008-2015 LS3 6.2L engine using a 6L80E/6L90E Auto Trans. Feb 15, 2015. Mon-Thur: 8am-5pm EST Fri: 8am-5pm EST Sat-Sun: Closed. 19370416 LS3 430HP Engine [email protected]. Also, a paddle shift option :biggrin2: QUIET, YOU!! Its a LS3 based motor but have VVT and AFM. Great Opition for tranny's. 6L80E 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC. Happened to take a pic last week below. Off the top of my head he can do 6l80 TUTD but its more he provides the tuning and wires and you provided the needed switch. PSI sells Standalone Wiring Harnesses for GM Gen II, III, IV, & V LS/LT based engines and transmissions. function ea3d8eb223c92efdb063() { return WSM.Util.rot13('Cnegf!CnprCresbeznapr.pbz').replace('! Once you start mixing and matching engines, computers, and electronically controlled transmissions, though, you may end up wishing for a turn-key solution. Designed for Use w/ Swap Headers, Exhaust Manifolds & Exhaust Systems Developed for this Engine Swap. Quote from: Turbo95max on July 18, 2011, 10:06:40 PM. Read this post guy managed to get it to fit the tunnel. I need some real guidance as I'm ready to order the trans this week. I favor the 6L80 over the 4L60 because of the gear spread. Re: 86 Monte Carlo LS swap. A forum community dedicated to 1st generation Chevy Camaros owners and enthusiasts. also he said he has 2.5" of ground clearance and wants to raise it, which means cutting. Yup I had seen that thread before but thanks for posting. Gear Select Module Kit Polished Inline Vertical Remote Configured for Hard Wired Vehicle Speed and Brake Light. We are doing everything within our control to ship orders as soon as possible. Powertrain warranty is through GM Performance Parts. The dirty dingo sliding motor mounts aren't a bad idea especially being you have that monster trans to fit. What about the shifter. The 700R4 was renamed the 4L60 in 1990, then evolved into the 4L60E when electronic control was added. Chevrolet Performance is breaking new ground with the launch of the new Connect-and-Cruise crate powertrain systems. It's no surprise that enthusiasts and builders have made it one of the most popular LS swap engines. I followed an 02 Camaro wiring diagram and the wire colors matched the pins in the connector. Nice work man. Bore x Stroke: 4.060 x 3.620 I suspect he had driveline angle issues. For use on the LS and LSX crate engine, the 6L80E is a great choice for most pro-touring rides. 1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain 1957 Buick Caballero project. can be used as well. Follow this board for updates to this project. There is also the issue of tap up tap down shifting that is difficult to apply to a steering wheel/column and all of the relevant wiring. This Chevrolet Performance 6L80E Transmission Package is designed for "Plug and Play" use with Chevrolet Performance LS engine controllers. All Harnesses require PCM VATs removal, available through PSI. Jan 16, 2015 - This is a 1957 Chevy Bel Air that Southern Performance Systems will be installing a LS3 engine with 6L80E 6-Speed Automatic Transmission. :nanawoot::nanawrench::nanawrench:I know the guy that runs one here locally. What's Included: Complete 6.2L LS3 Engine w/ 22K Miles (Intake to Oil Pan) 6L80E 6-Speed Automatic Transmission; Transmission Crossmember; Complete Engine Wiring Harness; ECM Computer; Complete Front Accessories w/ Brackets and Bolts; Motor Mounts For owners of classic musclecars already equipped with a serviceable, original automatic, this will be the simplest (and least expensive) solution when doing an LS swap. How-to: Automatic to Manual A4 to M6 Transmission Swap Tremec T56 MAGNUM-F Transmission 6-speed for 04-06 GTO TUET16363 - Wide Ratio 2.97 First Gear. https://www.psiconversion.com/products/vehicle_parts/chevy/1940-1998_chevy_gmc_pickup_suburban/harnesses/ls_car_58x/ls_6l80e_6l90e/. Chevy Hardcore NEWSLETTER - SIGN UP FREE! I am going to try and find a shallow pan for it as it hangs lower than a 700r4 but all is good. Information on the General Motors LS2 and LS3 Gen IV engine. Sep 23, 2010. you can get the 6.2 and convert it to an ls3 with the lifters, cam, and other things. I'm going with a gen 5 454 and I'm trying to decide between a 700R4 and the 6L80E. Unfortunately, the changeover to internal control electronics means that unless you are transplanting an entire drivetrain, complete with the matching factory powertrain control module and harness, youre going to run into problems getting it to run right. Chevrolet Performance 6L attachement Kit, Chevrolet Performance GM LS3 430HP Crate Engine Includes: MONTE CARLO LS3/6L80 swap. He is the only one doing it for that swap right now. Step 1: Engine & Transmission Mounts. Note that Harnesses are for non-emissions equipped vehicles and do not include air pump or EGR provisions. My friend I grew up with who is helping me with the build is a sharp dude when it comes to building cars, but I'd certainly like to hear from someone that's installed the 6L80 in a model like mine. Your chosen transmission and engine combination will also determine what you need for transmission control. The Chevrolet Performance catalog (click here to download your own 2016 copy) lists an extensive array of torque converters designed to pair their LS and even Gen V LT engines with the correct converter for both 4L60 and 4L80 type transmissions. Generally speaking, a 700R4/4L60E transmission will fit most applications that originally contained a TH350/TH400, concurs Winstead, adding,The 4L80E will not require many modifications in early A-body and F-body applications. Samples says, The 4L60 and 4L80 families of transmissions are considered the small-block and big-block Chevys of the transmission world because of their simplistic and durable design and the ease of installation.. For new, I put in a Seattle zip at Tick Performance and they said $0 shipping here: Shop now! For the TH400, the solution is the simplest (if also the least flexible in terms of transmission tuning) a singlevacuum connection to the modulator on the transmission will do, making the interface with either a carbureted LS or one running factory-style multi-point EFI straightforward. The engine can also half-sync and run from the . FREE 48 State Truck Freight Shipping (International shipping will require freight quote), All Bare, Short, Long & Complete Engines|LS Trans & Engine Packages|6.2L-376 CID Performance Engines|Connect and Cruise Engine Kits|LS3 Crate Trans & Engine|Connect & Cruise Store|Featured Products, Chevy Small Block Crate & Long Block Engines, Chevy Small Block Trans & Engine Packages, License Plate and License Plate Accessories, Computer Chip/Programmer/Performance Module, Crate Engines, Bare Blocks and Long Blocks, Exhaust/Exhaust Components/Heat Protection, LTx Performance (Gen V) Performance Parts. 2012 Camaro Full interior including dash, console . Paid 9k Engine runs great and bought from a certified shop. Don. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. What year is it? Since my engine has the same D exhust ports as the LS3, I snagged a set of 2010-2013 Camaro LS3 manifolds for my exhaust. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. 399860). :coolthumb: I wouldn't trust a transmission or converter from TCI, personally. The oil pan would end up hanging down too low. We offer either 6L80E and 6L90E (additional core fee) transmissions kits. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. This kit includes a modified . Sorry, please correct the following errors: Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. It required cutting out a big chunk of the transmission hump to get it to fit. How to check engine block after blown head gasket. $65 shipping. Today ater a 12 hours round trip I picked up a totalled 2011 Escalade with 149,xxx miles. I'm running a holley 302-1 oil pan, custom motor mounts, and a wiring harness from PSI. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. All PSI Harnesses are Made in the USA. It was designed around our 3rd gen F-body and Moroso oil pans. He told me about his progress, but I not an expert on tunes. . PCSSFT4000 - 6L/8L Shifter Pigtail Harness. Good drivetrain, Trans is basically the modern electronic overdrive version of the tough turbo 400. $719.00. 1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS. Fortunately, there are a lot of good choices available, whether youre looking for a bulletproof three-speed for the dragstrip, a long-legged overdrive for the highway, or something in between. It all boils down to your personal goals. The 6 is a little bigger & has a bigger yoke. They also have just the controller if you want to source your own trans. Camshaft: Steel Hydraulic Roller Tappet If an older vehicle came with a TH350 originally, most times a 4L60/65/70 will likely fit without too much effort. BRAIDED INSTALLED $125 (OUR MOST POPULAR OPTION), BARE HARNESS & DIY BRAID KIT $75 (SAVE $$), Fan controls (Relays and fuse available seperately KIT-1010), Check Engine Light, Speedo output, Tachometer, OBD2 Port, Accelerator Pedal and Throttle Body control (DBW setups). A properly built version can handle 25 percent more than that.. Perhaps their other products. Based around the 4L80E (and fitting wherever a 4L80E will fit), the 6X is a true six-speed transmission that TCI rates at 850-plus horsepower. Pm me if you don't want it public. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. 732-276-8589Mon-Fri: 8:00am to 6:00pm ET Since every LS engine swap is a little . Got the fuel rails & injectors with it? Transmission Crossmember Options: TH350, TH400, 700R4, 4L60E, 4L80, 6L80, or T56. On the 700R4, TV cable adjustment is critical to transmission performance, and many a 700R4 has died an early, ugly death because the owner wasnt aware of the necessity of setting it correctly. I was thinking about m6 swap, then i started thinking more about the 6l80 swaps and wanted to look more into that as well. Yep, dropping an LS3 (or even a wet-sump LS7, LS9 or LSA) into your C5 is cake in terms of mechanics. you could get a fully built 4l60 for less than you will spend on the 6l80 swap. Compression Ratio: 10.7:1 They're factory-engineered engine-and-transmission combinations that include all the electronic control modules, wiring harnesses and other key components you need with the simplicity of one part number. These kit lets convert any GEN 3 Chevrolet engine that is not using the 58X operating system in their ECM. Jul 6, 2018 #2 M. Madmike72 Veteran Member. Thanks for the response ill see if i can post up pics at another site. GEN IV Engine w/ 6L80E Standalone Harness. We'll send you the most interesting Chevy Hardcore articles, news, car features, and videos every week. If you are looking at a Camaro and it has a 6L80 that motor in it is the L99. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Sampsel says, You can use a laptop to optimize your particular vehicle once you drive it a bit, but it will shift and have torque converter [lockup] clutch operation without hooking up a laptop right out of the box. I understand that Cadillac has had some reliability issues in the last few years. All rights reserved. , The 6L80E is a different animal, Winstead said, It requires an OE PCM to make it shift properly., We are always looking at ways to introduce current production components into our performance parts portfolio that make sense and that customers want, Sampsel explains. A sliding grommet seal allows for professional, leak proof installation. I will delete the oil sensor then. Runs great LS Swap. Super simple chassis connections - no OEM fuseboxes needed. Did a little more paying attention to build threads on pro-touring.com that were going with the 6l80 & 90 transmissions. JavaScript is disabled. Warranty: . My 4L65 is plenty strong but I need another high gear - I'm at 2200 cruising at 70 while I think most M6s are around 1800. TCI offers the EZ-TCU that includes a handheld interface to allow programming without a laptop. How about we start a list of future TBM offerings requested? What donors come with a 4WD 6L90 transmissions? BonzoHansen said: The trans will probably cost you at least $1300-2000 to have rebuilt to take the HP you want to make. . The speed shop owner conducted quite a bit of work on it, but I cannot supply precise details. or spend the money and get a new T56. The TCM2650 requires a throttle position signal and and engine RPM in order to make this function. Moving to an overdrive gearbox does have some special considerations to keep in mind in terms of space and controlling lockup and line pressure, though, and in the case of a fully electronic transmission, overall control. CLICK HERE FOR THE LS CONPONENT ID GUIDE. So my question for all you LS3 gurus are: 1.-. Check their website for correct x member. 08 - '14 LS3 (6.2l) W/ 6l80e Standalone Harness, Customers Also Purchased These Related Items, Cruise Control For GM LS Drive-By-Wire Engines (Gen IV), E38 LS3/L76/Vortec Engine PCM Programming Service (2006 - Newer) Customer Supplied PCM **PROGRAMMING FOR E38 ECM. Be sure to consider things like the shifter, transmission cooler (if youre not using one integral to the radiator), cooler lines, and miscellaneous hardware in addition to the top-of-mind components like the crossmember, driveshaft, flexplate, and torque converter. has been added successfully to your wishlist. VIN: 6G3F15RW5GL203330. . Getting ready to do an LS3/6L80E swap in my 72 C10 so I look forward to following this thread. 6L80e to 4L80e swap. Quick question on the oil sensor will that bring up a check engine light? As a result, a wide range of automatics ended up being physically compatible with Gen III and Gen IV engines. Just wanted to update this in case someone else is interested, but the 6L80 fits in no problem, no tunnel mods needed at all. The fluid level is critical as well: make sure that the transmission is not underfilled.. Understood. The original 350 is absolute toast. GM transmissions are our specialty but we can assist you with the finest performance transmissions available no matter what make or type of use. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Add to cart. If youre doing something like an LS1 install, and have the complete engine, 4L60/4L80transmission, and factory ECU and harness package, using the OEM computer to control the transmission is the obvious choice. Everything from OE brake upgrades to complete bolt in rear end packages! The three-speed TH350 (left) and four-speed 4L60E are dimensionally similar and share a common family tree. Most vehicles that were factory-equipped with the TH350 wont need any substantial modification to accept the overdrive 4L80E. Related Products. Pics ? The LS3 and Truck 6.2's idle between 5-600 rpm which is great off road, the 480 HP engine like 750-800 rpm. The fluid level is critical as well: make sure that the transmission is not underfilled.. After some close calls on the street in his late teens and early twenties, Paul Huizenga discovered organized drag racing and never looked back, becoming a SFI-Certified tech inspector and avid bracket racer. Connecting Rods: Powdered Metal Steel This thread will mainly be my experience of actually ONLY putting the engine and trans in the car and the modifications i need to make it all fit. Fair enough price for that combo. I swapped my 2004 GTO from an Automatic to a 6-Speed in May of 2014. We offer LS and LT swap conversion harnesses for all LS / LT engines including LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7, LSA, LS9, LQ4, LQ6, L99, Gen 5 V8, LT1, LT4, Vortec L83 L86 variants. Jan 13, 2014. of torque @ 4600 RPM I tried uploading pics not sure what the deal is. Engine Displacement. Check if this part fits . The included the following hardware: ** Customer is responsible for shipping charges on core return. Inexpensive, powerful, and plentiful, the Gen III and Gen IV small-block Chevy has changed the landscape forever for anyone looking to restore a classic muscle car or build an 80s beater into a world-beater. As for electronics, GM did make some notable changes. I have a 10 L 90 transmission for a Bonneville project and its no bigger, Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums. Looking for a specific category like our famous Connect and Cruise packages, Circle track section, or LS specific sections? The original 350 is absolute toast. TCIs EZ-TCU is designed to be a simple, plug-and-play system to control 4L60E and 4L80E style transmissions that also offers a large degree of programmability should the owner so desire. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Tags: Engine Management Systems & ECUs, LSX Conversion, PSI, Wire Harnesses & Accessories. The software (if you decide to use it) is very easy to navigate and most people are able to make the changes they want without having to refer to the help section.. [email protected] I am currently in a slow progress doing a L99/6L80E swap on my -68 convertibel :lookinup: I just found this, I have an 80 and put a 496 mild big block 625 hp easy-going hydraulic cam motor. The LS2 engine will be referenced throughout this guide unless a specific LS3 difference is noted. Spencer is going to be the "Terror" of the Gulf Coast when he's finished. All Harnesses are 100% Quality Inspected prior to shipping. New GM LS3 (430 HP) crate engine with all belt driven accessories (OE GM front end accessory drive), New GM 6L80 six speed automatic transmission, Transmission cooler lines and driveshaft yoke, Complete air inlet kit (includes elbow, MAF tube, and K&N filter). I don't think they've finished it though and it has been a long time since I've seen the thread. The TCM-2650 Gateway will allow you to get the GM 6L45E, 6L50E, 6L80E and 6L90E transmission to operate with any engine that you can get it bolted to. The 700R4 represents a Rubicon between the old and new while it gained an additional overdrive fourth gear and lockup torque converter capability over its TH350 ancestor, it retained mechanical, rather than electronic operation. They are designed just like our LS fuel injected controller kits in that they are pre-calibrated to function after they are hooked up and plugged in., Like the TCI EZ-TCU, for non-EFI applications, the Chevy controllers need a way to get the load/throttle position data that the vacuum signal, kickdown lever, or TV cable provided in the earlier all-mechanical transmissions. Whatever setup you get, you will need the Pedal, Tac Module (Depending on year).. and ecu from the pullout. Some say the 4L60 can be built to be a little more robust. Hello again everybody! Gen III Chevrolet Engine 6L80E/6L90E 6 Speed Conversion Kit, Chevrolet GM Performance 6L50/80/90 Transmission Harness. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Whats The Reason Enthusiasts Cant Get, Yes I Am A Dinosaur, And Why I Feel Electric Cars, Rare Rides: The 1969 Chevrolet Camaro COPO, click here to download your own 2016 copy, https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/overview, SPEC Clutches: For That Next Engine Swap Or OEM Upgrade, Shop Tour: Brian Tooley Racing Expands To Be A One-Stop Shop, Moroso Anti-Roll Kit Is The Right Tool For The Dragstrip, Why You Need A Proper Fuel Tank Vent In Your Ride, Fenix Is A Next-Gen 69 Camaro With 1,180 Horsepower. GM LS3 495HP Engine and 6L80E Package Includes: Its very important to flush the transmission cooling system when swapping from one transmission to the next, warns Winstead. I was checking out a lot of apps and reading on the angles but a lot if expects for me to have a driveshaft already, can i skip this step or is there anyway around it? Especially since everyone doubted it could be done (at least at a semi-reasonable cost). 2023 Power Automedia. I have pics, but not uploaded. Cam Duration @ .050: 204 deg. Click Here to view or download warranty form. Gen III Chevrolet Engine 6L80E/6L90E 6 Speed Conversion Kit - Zero Gravity Performance. LS3/6L80 (430 HP) Alternative Views: Our Price: $ Please call us at (765) 378-4908 to order engine packages. I already have my LS3 and 6L80 trans that I had intentions to put in a 72 Chevelle that I sold after grabbing this 69 Camaro. TSP 364ls2, tsp 224/228 cam, lq9 stage 3 heads, tvs2300, 8 rib pulley kit, custom fuel system, lpe cai, 4" intake, ls3 maf, 1 7/8 headers, 2.5" corsa catback , gmm ripshift, Summit Racing twin disk clutch, Non-Sponsor . ..im ready to start the transplant. But for the vast majority of would-be swappers, an automatic transmission is the preferred gearbox. After having my '78 for 9 years I finally decided to do the engine/trans swap. Library Slideshow by elaml123 | Photobucket, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sst.driveline&hl=en_US. 69 Nova Turbo 6.0 - in progress, goal 750whp. I have the GMPP 525hp crate engine with a 4L60e and had it in my 01 Camaro Z28 till it was wrecked. (Variable Valve Timing and Active Fuel Management) Lobe Separation: N/A Per Sampsel, For 2016, we are launching twonew controller kits that are carbureted crate engine specific. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Trans pan ground clearance is the challenge with that transmission. Its part # rcf1-6L80. If you are wanting to go from a car that originally came with a TH350 and replace it with a 4L80/85, you may have to make some floor/cross member modifications.. Click Here to view or download warranty form. You are using an out of date browser. CPP Engine Controller and Harness 1 3/4 Kooks w/cats, Jettstream cai, L9H Intake, LS3 heads , Z06 cam. Maybe I just need to add a Gear Vendor unit?? :chair: Seriously thoughthe other day I saw a C5 rear end and thoughthmmmmif BMW and Porsche can have independent suspensions:juggle[1]:and a manual trans. What's your good price? We do not act as an intermediary, you must contact GM Performance Parts directly for any warranty claims. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2014 Chevrolet SS 6.2L LS3 Engine w/ 6L80E 6-Speed Automatic Trans 70K Miles at the best online prices at eBay! 08 black tbss 2wd-4in cai,ls1 efans, pcmforless tune,Attitude cam,yank sstb3600,150shot nitrous,DJM 2 inch lower,pcmforless trans cooler, kooks 1 7/8th long tubes,ls7 lifters. It has about the same power as a 6.4 SRT Hemi but with the 6l80 it will outperform the Hemi I think. Now how the heck did a salvage yard have an lsa supercharger sitting around? For some, only a manual gearbox will do they want to row through the gears themselves, and for projects destined for track days on road courses, a stick shift is the way to go. in. . Doing the transmission right for your particular LS swap will involve not just the big items like the gearbox itself, the crossmember, driveshaft, converter, and flexplate, but supporting components such as the shifter and control electronics. The six- and eight-speed autos are a totally different technology and have unique challenges that would have to be overcome to make them a good hot rodding product., Its very important to flush the transmission cooling system when swapping from one transmission to the next, warns Winstead. Featuring a high 4.02:1 first gear, the 6L80E provides strong launch performance, while a 0.67 6th gear provides for optimal highway use. Well, I am looking at using the shrifter6 paddle shift unit, so that would handle that issue. A forum for all things Trailblazer SS including mileage, horsepower, transmissions, interior mods, tires and more! APPLICATION: 2008 - 2014 CORVETTE, CAMARO, G8 LS3, LS376 480 & 525 ENGINES WITH 6L80E OR 6L90E, PARTS INCLUDED: Complete engine wiring Harness, Instruction Manual. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, restoration, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, reviews, and more! Pace Performance offers world famous engine combinations that can't be beat! GM engineers took a production LS3 6.2L (376 cubic inches) and swapped the stock camshaft for the racing-inspired LS Hot Cam (P/N 88958753), which delivered a stunning 495 horsepower and 473 lb.-ft. of torque. thanks dave. JavaScript is disabled. TSP 364ls2, tsp 224/228 cam, lq9 stage 3 heads, tvs2300, 8 rib pulley kit, custom fuel system, lpe cai, 4" intake, ls3 maf, 1 7/8 headers, 2.5" corsa catback , gmm ripshift, Summit Racing twin disk clutch, Non-Sponsor Engineering axles, drag bags, rear fender cut, 18x9.5 rear, rear king springs, RR bushing, Koni's strut inserts and shocks, hptuners. Any photos and/or write up on this install? 1969 Camaro Z28 Build LS3 w/ 6L80 Swap. Feb 6, 2014. The Keswick green defender starts up with a deep growl, emphasized by the throaty custom-fabricated twin-pipe exhaust. Maximum GM Recommended RPM: 6600. LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Per Winstead, You can have a converter custom-built for the application, or you can change the flexplate to one that has the correct bolt pattern and accommodates the different pilot length of the older type torque converter.. Chevy LS V8, 6L80E, 376 cu. In addition to the countless RPO configurations, GM Performance . JavaScript is disabled. GM states, ". Are people going for the 6L80 swap for strength or for the additional gears? The LS3 is filled with components designed for high performance and longevity. All Rights Reserved. Build your own custom newsletter with the content you love from Chevy Hardcore, directly to your inbox, absolutely FREE! With the 4L60E and 4L80E applications, there are some very easy solutions available nowadays, asserts Winstead. Alright so today i was able to put the engine and trans in i had to remove the alternator exhaust manifolds and ac compressor to be able to make the engine and trans fit along with removing the wiper motor from the car in order to have proper access. PSI C10 T-Shirtl - Wire It Up And Fire It Up! Kevin Winstead, TCI. Throughthe requisite TCI EZ-TCU controller, its compatible with tap shift button or paddle shifters as well. We supply a remote TPS kit if needed. has any member done this yet to a tbss.i would love some feed back on this swap to your set up How would this compare in strength to the 4l80E? With the 1st gear of the transmission being 4.06 and the 6th being .66 I am going to put a 3.06 ratio in my diff.. Copyright 2023 Pace Performance. The TCM-2650 Gateway will allow you to adapt the GM 6L45E, 6L50E, 6L80E and 6L90E transmission to all previous Generation GM Engines.