Bintang Beer Uk Supermarket, The Met Philly Covid Restrictions, Articles S

They also have computers that can be used by guests. We loved the rooms and the food at SMB and especially loved the beach, HOWEVER.we would not o back because of the horrible mosquito problem!!! We were wondering if it is worth the extra cost for the preferred club or is the resort nice enough without it? I wish it was open for dinner more often, but theres plenty of great options elsewhere. MAYAN SITES: Tulum, Coba Chichen Itza y mas, SNORKELING: Info for Playa, Puerto Morelos, Cozumel and Akumal. We were wondering if it is worth the extra cost for the preferred club or is the resort nice enough without it? Dear Sergio7582,Please do come back, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back home soon, anything that you may need we are always at your service.We are very, very grateful for your visit and for your very kind and generous words, please on behalf of our whole team many, many thanks.Till we meet again, please receive our gratitude and friendship, have a beautiful day.Warm regards,Jorge Monje - General Manager. We will absolutely be back again. The preferred buildings have their own concierges, but ours was helping other people and MIA lots of times. The indoor common areas are drop-dead gorgeous too, featuring warm wooden furnishings and striking handmade pieces of Mexican decor. You can grab anything from pastries, cold cut meats, yogurts, juices, cereals, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, eggs, and fresh fruit to salads, crepes, french toast, pancakes, waffles, chilaquiles, molletes, empanadas, quesadillas, tamales, fried rice, and even made-to-order omelets. Enjoyed every second of this wonderful resort. I think it was worth it. She'd call to check on us but we were usually out of the room during the day. Your room will come with a wonderful bed or two, minibar, Nespresso machine, light snacks, water, bathrobes, cozy slippers, and turn-down service (which means a prepped bed and pillow chocolates) each night. I am very much considering Secrets Maroma for an upcoming birthday trip, place looks amazing. Hoping that since we are on our 10th anniversary trip and it will be low season that we might get an upgrade to an oceanfront. When we stayed at Secrets Maroma, we didn't feel like it was worth the extra cost. MAYAN SITES: Tulum, Coba Chichen Itza y mas, SNORKELING: Info for Playa, Puerto Morelos, Cozumel and Akumal. Having said that, I did want to mention a few minor things that popped up in my mind during my stay. Pro Tip: Once you arrive at the hotelor even before arriving, download the AMR Collection app. This is something Ive noticed at many resorts and is by no means specific to Secrets Maroma Beach. Ive stayed at other resorts before like Excellence Riviera Cancun and Excellence Playa Mujeres, so it was impossible for me not to compare the three properties. ALTERNATIVES TO SECRETS MAROMA BEACH RIVIERA CANCUN. Thanks! During our stay, they had a French day and a Mediterranean day, among other cuisine themes (we skipped lunch on a few occasions due to being too full from breakfast and forgot to ask, oops!). We stayed in the preferred club, but didn't pay for it. Does anyone havce the number for Beau at Road Less Traveled? Web cam live in playa del carmen beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And for an additional fee, you can also enjoy the following: scuba diving, romantic dinners on the beach, special culinary experiences, wine tasting, and more. She'd call to check on us but we were usually out of the room during the day. Youre sure to find something you like at the buffet. We had to run from the room to the lobby on several nights. The most important thing to us is to have an ocean view room. They also have computers that can be used by guests. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun: Absolutely Amazing!!! Unlimited Vacation Club - Secrets Maroma Beach, Hilton Playa del Carmen, an All-Inclusive Adult Only Resort. Looking to elevate your spa experience (as if it wasnt enough already)? My special request was to get a drink featuring passion fruit pulp. Dont worry, your privacy isnt compromised in any way - the best way to contact your butler for any assistance at all is through WhatsApp. Pool view 2 guests Additional Information Full bathroom with two rain showers and water closet Furnished terrace with direct swim out access to pool Luxury Caribbean casita style dcor There are massive hammocks for resting in, shaded beach chairs for that poolside nap youve been craving, as well as designated smoking areas throughout the property. more. There are also two relatively large hot tubs to enjoy when the sun sets and the temperatures begin to drop. I have looked at several sites, and just for the partial ocean views I'm seeing in the neighborhood of $4400 for 2 people (including air). Re: Secrets Maroma Beach: Is Preferred Club Worth it? The hotel have many activities and greats shows at night. Having visited for ourselves, its easy to see why many destination weddings are held at this resort. We have never payed for Preferred Club. I have not been to any of these. WHERE SHOULD I EAT? One day pass to the wet areas of the Secrets Spa by Pevonia (per person, per stay) This is worth $79 per person and you can bet I'm taking advantage of this! You can even get the fish pedicure if thats your thing. Where to have taco drop off for PDC shopping? I am interested in everyone's opinions on whether the Preferred club is worth the extra money. While the pre-dinner entertainment was chill, what I thought really shined was the post-dinner entertainment! Rooms were beautiful and kept very clean. Playa Maroma. We were so impressed by how many activities were included and featured on a daily basis. We were lucky enough to get a PC ocean front swim out suite which had amazing views of the beach and a (slightly) larger pool. Playa Maroma Tourism Playa Maroma Hotels Playa Maroma. Seems kinda high to me for that time of year (I'm trying to book for April, 2010). We like to book directly with USA Transfers or using Booking.coms airport taxi feature. The food there is actually off the charts. The 457 sharp rooms include air-conditioning, flat-screen TVs, minibars, and private balconies (some with ocean views, whirlpool tubs, or swim-out pools). Even while on the beach, there was absolutely no breakage in the WiFi signal. HONEYMOON Hotels & Resorts: Playa & Beyond, Ocean trips (Catamarans, fishing , Jet Skis and more, Browse all 123,481 Playa del Carmen topics . Re: Secrets Maroma Beach: Is Preferred Club Worth it? My husband and I recently stayed for a week and had an absolutely amazing time! I do think I would have enjoyed a swim out room, and saw many people enjoying it. Public areas include the hotel lobby and bar, a large fitness center featuring modern equipment, and the entertainment, pool, and beach area. Grand Yucatan Princess Platinum Suites. How long is the flight from Toronto to "Cancun"? The perks for a regular room would not be worth it imho. We requested Building 25 or 26 and 4th floor to hopefully have an oceanview. Room service at 6.30 AM with rolls and coffee was a new and much appreciated amenity!!!! Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets and Breathless Resorts & Spas or a family dining experience at participating Dreams, Now and Sunscape Resorts & Spas. 2. This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC. While I cant sit here and say that ALL of the restaurants and food options were 5/5 stars (some restaurants were okay while others were great), it was still pretty good overall. Turtle Tips! Golfers will enjoy complimentary greens fees at two nearby golf courses. We will return for sure. Maybe its because we are easily entertained, maybe they are really just that entertaining! I was wondering if anyone has stayed in their Preferred Club Suites? The room and the views were stunning: We stayed at Secrets Cancun The Vine and at this resort, preferred status included rooms on the 22nd floor and above. Were not particularly accustomed to personalized greetings upon arrival with a glass of champagne & a cold wet towel to cool off from the relentless heat, however, its something we could certainly get used to. At first glance, all I could think was how absolutely gorgeous the interior of this place was. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach: Is Preferred Club Worth it? All in all, I have nothing too negative to say about Secrets Maroma Beach. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Other highly notable perks with the Preferred Club include, Premium shelf liquor throughout all restaurants and bars on the resort, Upgraded bath amenities like name brand bath & body care, along with other essentials like toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, SPF, and sewing kit, Upgraded mini-bar with top notch drinks and snack, Priority seating at all the restaurants on property, Upgraded turn down service with gorgeous chocolates, An actual pillow menu where you can select & order your perfect pillow. Travelling is our favorite way to spend time away from the hustle & bustleof the everyday life. I heard the swimout rooms are pretty nice too - are they on the oceanfront side or not? You can get some pretty creative drinks here by allowing the bartender to make whatever he wants for you. I too was struggling with what room to chose. Everything was perfect - from the beautiful resort and accommodations to the dining to the staff. Where to have taco drop off for PDC shopping? His quote for the Valentin Imperial Maya honeymoon suite came in at the same price. There is a preferred club lounge that's not really that special. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated? We also had our own concierge that helped us with ANY questions we had. SECRETS MAROMA BEACH RIVIERA CANCUN: IS IT WORTH THE MONEY? Secrets Maroma has a computer room off the lobby that is free to use. You will be glad to know that Secrets Maroma Beach serves unlimited top-shelf liquor at its 6 bars and lounges on the property. What is there to do? Last 3 had Preferred Club. It is 1250 sqft. Guests can also enjoy a number of activities, such as snorkeling, kayaking, and windsurfing. The water activity crew were amazing. Answer 11 of 18: We are looking for a honeymoon destination and Secrets Maroma is on the list. What I ended up getting was this creative and delicious handcrafted cocktail served in a bell pepper! *Please note: This post may contain affiliate links. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun - Adults Only- All inclusive offers a private beach where you can sip a drink at the beach bar or relax in a sun lounger, plus you'll be just steps from Maroma Beach. I wonder what the fee is for the regular ol' rooms? Activities at Secrets Maroma Beach include snorkeling, beach volleyball, mini-golf, tennis, non-motorized watersports, archery, yoga, water aerobics, water polo, cocktail classes, and dance lessons. COZUMEL: How do I get there on the ferry? The non-PC rooms may have had an ocean view, but it is definitely much better in the preferred club room! The bathroom and shower were beyond luxurious with rainfall shower head and white glass wrapping the room. Alternatively, you may use, Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Questions & Answers, Ditto answer above. If you want an even more special pool experience, you can consider renting one of the private outdoor cabanas in the pool area or even on the beach. I think there were about 4 or 5 computers in the room. Secrets Maroma has a computer room off the lobby that is free to use. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach: Is Preferred Club Worth it? At one point during my stay, I was holding two cups of coffee in my hand and a staff member ran a few yards to the door to help me. This is when having an excellent travel agent comes in handy. - See 20,108 traveler reviews, 19,797 candid photos, and great deals for Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun at Tripadvisor. In total, there are 9 restaurant options, not including the coffee shop that serves up light bites throughout the day. I think there were about 4 or 5 computers in the room. IF so what are your thoughts? The PC rooms are exactly the same as the reg. AKUMAL BAY: How do I get there? Keep in mind that this price is for travel end of September which is hurricane season but I plan to purchase insurance. Just to give you another take on the prices I got: we checked prices with the hotel direct, and for the Preferred Club Ocean View for 4 nights the price was $2178.00, for hotel only, his price came in at $1620.00 including air and transfer. I wouldn't mind if they comped me the upgrade but I certainly do not feel it is at all necessary at Secrets. We respect your privacy. This year, due to problems I had last year I will be upgraded to Ocean Front. Unlimited Vacation Club - Secrets Maroma Beach, Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess, Quiet,small, all-inclusive resort(Mayan Riviera)for seniors, Hilton Playa del Carmen, an All-Inclusive Adult Only Resort. Playa Maroma. Its a breathtaking place to be and the staff will surely do what they can to make your vacation truly unforgettable. We're trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade to the preferred club level. I'm not sure if we would take advantage of the preferred club extras, or if it would be a waste of money. Seaweed on the beach is only negative.. preferred club upgrade worth the money!! There will also be a little tablet in every room that serves as a remote control for the TV as well as a schedule of the daily activities offered at the resort. I will most likely chose the honeymoon suite. Both have servers who bring you food and drink. HONEYMOON Hotels & Resorts: Playa & Beyond, Ocean trips (Catamarans, fishing , Jet Skis and more, Browse all 123,481 Playa del Carmen topics . Where to have taxi drop off in PDC/5th Ave? Dinner: This is when the majority of restaurants open up. I cannot recommend it enough! Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Our transportation came promptly with no issues and the entire day went smoothly. Re: Secrets preferred club or no? Pro Tip: Dont miss their green juice or any of the fresh-squeezed fruit juices in the morning! I just got back. - See 20,109 traveler reviews, 19,797 candid photos, and great deals for Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun at Tripadvisor. That I would have to really think about. I would imagine april is peak season so prices will be higher. Absolutely worth every penny for the upgrade to the Preferred Club Room. From there, you can have at it with the food! I wont go too in-depth here, but after doing extensive research on the best all-inclusive resorts in the Riviera Maya, my top 2 alternative choices (at a comparable or lower price than Secrets Maroma Beach) are: And for something that goes above and beyond Secrets Maroma (if you have a very flexible budget), theres the showstopping one and only: Phew, that was a lot of information. ?" | Check out 6 answers, plus 17,169 reviews and 18,582 candid photos Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Playa Maroma and rated 5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. As for the Preferred Club, I went back and forth on that. But even without this, you will have tons of food options throughout the day. If youre the type to just relax, read by the pool, sleep on the beach, and do nothing all day, then Secrets Maroma Beach will be perfect for you. Midnight / the wee hours of the night: You can always count on that 24/7 room service to keep you fed! The one amenity we absolutely loved the most , and took full advantage of everyday was the delicious, made-to-order breakfast in bed. I was recommeded to Beau from Road Less Traveled, who seems to be well known amoung these pages, and he got me 4 nights in the honeymoon suite at Secrets Maroma plus (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Subscribe to the TWE newsletter get first dibs on travel tips, updates, and exclusive deals! I think we will opt to skip the preferred club. 9 answers. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun: Perfect - Read 20,104 reviews, view 19,795 photos, and find great deals for Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun at Tripadvisor Sergio, Luis, Mateo, Itzel and Carlos thank you so much! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun: Great resort to spend vacation - See 20,117 traveler reviews, 19,809 candid photos, and great deals for Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun at Tripadvisor. I think we will opt to skip the preferred club. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun: 11/10 would stay again! I checked with my friend who is a travel agent. This was our first trip to Secrets Maroma and it definitely did not disappoint. Alright, lets dive into our full review of Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun! Cheap Eats? Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties, Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits. The preferred clubs rooms are all in the buildings closest to the beach. Can you tell that I love breakfast buffets at all-inclusive resorts yet? - See 20,109 traveller reviews, 19,797 candid photos, and great deals for Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun at Tripadvisor. For most travelers considering this resort, one of the best things about this resort is the fact that it is for adults only. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Sure, a lot of these shows are made to appeal to an older crowd, but we still enjoyed them. They told us the mossies were bad because they were in the middle of the jungle there and they couldn't spray in the jungle because it was government protected area. I just sent it to you thru private email. We ordered pretty basic things, but other more elaborate coffee drinks were available as well! We have stayed at Secrets 5 times 1)Punta Cana. Playa Maroma Tourism Playa Maroma Hotels We also got handcrafted tequila/gin cocktails from a tequila cart by the pool on one of our pool days! Out of all the meals in the day and restaurants on the property, we were most impressed with the breakfast meal. You cant have a bad experience at Secrets Maroma, but as upgrades go, preferred club is absolutely worth it! As of monday it fell to $2000 total for same time frame. I dont know what the location difference would be except farther from the beach which doesnt bother me. We absolutely loved the entertainment team! We're looking to book Secrets Maroma for our honeymoon in May 2010. Web cam live in playa del carmen beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Knot Community We're looking to book Secrets Maroma for our honeymoon in May 2010. Ruth Demuth from Trip Guy Travel made this recommendation and did not disappoint. Review of Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile Beautiful resort, great service. Or. Is there any special value in getting one of the more expensive ones? Per the property, all taxes and gratuities are included in your Unlimited-Luxury inclusions. The price difference for the week between the Preferred and the regular Junior suite was $343. We returned from our trip last week. Cheap Eats? As part of the privileges of Unlimited-Luxury, through the Sip, Savor & See program, you can enjoy a complimentary dinner, drinks and live entertainment at one of the nearby, participating resorts from 6pm to 1am! What I mean isa lot of resort guests will tend to claim loungers or beds by laying out towels early in the day. Monos Carry-On Pro Review: Is It Actually Worth The Price? Enjoyed the Preferred Area's .but didn't think it was needed! Thanks for your reply. However, since you don't wear a wrist band, they have no way of knowing if you are in a preferred club room or not at the lounge, so really anyone could use it. - See 20,108 traveller reviews, 19,797 candid photos, and great deals for Playa Maroma, Mexico, at Tripadvisor. COZUMEL: How do I get there on the ferry? But right now I'm leaning towards yes. The grounds at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun were immaculately clean, well-manicured, and very green! I'm not sure what the price difference is but I wouldn't pay extra for the services. Moments like this really make a lasting impression! She'd call to check on us but we were usually out of the room during the day. - See 20,109 traveler reviews, 19,797 candid photos, and great deals for Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun at Tripadvisor. If you want his number let me know. They have a hydro circuit that consists of sauna, steam room, bucket shower, hot/cold pools, and hydro jets throughout. Proudly created with Wix.com, Why Upgrading to Preferred Club at a Secrets Resort is a Must, After our first time upgrading to the Preferred Club at a Secrets Resort, wed choose it every time - let me tell you why. They may not impact your decision to stay at Secrets Maroma Beach, but I thought Id share anyway! Sergio has a sommelier level knowledge of tequila, Carlos was not only a great server, he also had off menus recommendations and taught us about a shaken coffee cream drink he said was a specialty of his village. And of course, youre welcome to schedule your own excursions too! Not a problem! Proudly created with. Dear christysnyder11,You are most kind, what a joy to read your beautiful and very kind comments, knowing we have become a favorite, that you have had a wonderful time at Secrets Maroma and have brought back these many beautiful memories is the most beautiful compliment.I'm sure Memo, Sam, Rico are smiling and happy reading your comments, so we are all. Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. The preferred upgrade is 200% worth it! Check Out Top Designs Modern Minimalist by Vera Wang Beloved Floral - Red Romantic Calligraphy Elegant Glow - Blue Back to Main Menu Invitations & Paper Save the Dates Change the Dates Invitations Invitations All Invitations Wedding Invitations RSVP Cards Enclosure Cards Envelope Liners Bridal Shower Invitations Rehearsal Dinner Invitations Apart from our room type / location the only benefits of staying preferred club are access to a preferred lounge, which we felt lacked atmosphere so didn't really use, 3 small miniature bottles of spirits in the room along with tiny pack of pringles and M &M's (this is the upgraded mini bar to the norm which just has beer and soft drinks). Thanks! Dont Miss: Secrets Maroma Beach Restaurants: Reviewed And Ranked! And of course, upon arrival, you will get your complimentary glass of champagne! Dinner is restricted to the number of guests staying in the room. I cant decide between the swim out regular or preferred. Pre and post-dinner entertainment are plentiful. The one thing to keep in mind with the very lovely Ocean Front and other Preferred Club rooms is that while they are closer to the Ocean and pools, it's a small trek to the restaurants. We hope you found our Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun review post helpful in determining whether Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is right for you. Yes, go with the preferred club. They also have computers that can be used by guests. The 2nd time, we did not upgrade and it was just as nice. If you can with the outside jacuzzi and ocean view. I would say that it is worth it. Nevertheless, the breakfast spread was wonderful. Since many guests tend to grab drinks before dinner, Secrets Maroma has done a really good job bringing casual entertainment into the lobby bar area so that guests can enjoy their aperitifs with a side of relaxing music. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun: Secrets Maroma - See 20,115 traveler reviews, 19,802 candid photos, and great deals for Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun at Tripadvisor. I haven't taken the time to get my review up (but plan to soon). I personally thought this was such a nice touch because the general store on the property had sunscreen on sale for a whopping $31 USD! During your stay, youll find that there will likely be something to do at every hour of the day when youre not busy eating or sleeping. WHERE SHOULD I EAT? For an extra $120 per night, we were made to feel like absolute royalty and got to take advantage of all the special amenities on offer with our elite status. more, Youre getting a reduced rate because this partner is offering a discount when you book from a mobile device. My travel agent said that all the perferred rooms are considered oceanfront. : Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun - See 20,113 traveller reviews, 19,801 photos, and cheap deals for Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun at Tripadvisor. They also have computers that can be used by guests. We also tipped each time we were brought a drink either at the pool/beach or at a bar, and also whenever food was prepared on the spot for us. ft. room. If the word budget is not in your vocabulary, then taking a taxi from wherever you are will be the best and most convenient option. Cant beat that. Had a great trip! Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun: Great vacation! All suites have a private balcony or terrace and 24-hour room and concierge service. Alternatively, email us at [email protected]. 2023 by Going Places. We had a beachfront walkout at Sandals Negril and loved it, but not sure if the beachfront rooms at SMB are worth it?? They have snacks and a "premium" bar. With preferred club membership you can use that for free as much as you'd like. As soon as youre seated, youre asked what youd like to drink. Escape into luxury at Secrets Maroma Beach. Is the food at an all-inclusive resort good? The cool thing about World Cafe is that every day features a different type of cuisine. ft. So please reward them accordingly.