Can Eating Too Much Lettuce Kill You, Articles W

Thighs hips gut and muscle. Any thoughts on me fitting? Star Tours/ Radiator Springs Racers/ Soarin/ Other seat belt rides: I pull the seat belt out before being seated. He is a football player so he is pretty broad across the chest and pretty muscular thighs. Im a large man at 61 and 370 with a 50 waist I was very nervous having been to other parks and not being able to ride anything. So glad I found this site. Mickey Waffles in Disney World: EVERY SINGLE Place to Find Them! All the advice we find on line are from people weighting under 400lbs. The other comments here are comforting, but my biggest concern is that most of my weight is in my belly (thanks in part to my two kids), so do you think lap bars will click closed over my belly? My husband and I are planning to go to Disney World next year. To know my pooh king wont have a problem is spectacular.thank you. If I could give one piece of advice to anyone that is thinking about holding back from going into the parks, it would be to go ahead with your plans to visit. Im actually waiting in line for this ride with my family right now. Jeremiah above just had a good experience and hes close to your husbands size. In other words, it isnt about the number of people onboard the gondola, it is about the total weight that is being carried. Im about 57 or 58, about 310 pounds, and I think my pant size is somewhere in the 52-54 range (I dont wear jeans anymore because of the bulge in my belly). Hi we are visiting magic Kingdom in march for spring break. A few of the roller coasters might be a bit uncomfortable, but there is no weight limit on any of the rides. Something else to consider is the availability of Disney employees (called Cast Members) that are more than capable of helping you. Prior to my gastric bypass surgery several years ago, I was in this size range. Im not worried about getting into and out of rides, just getting lap bars to close on roller coasters and such. You shouldnt have a problem if you can get in and out. I was worried when I went but was glad to find this site. These restraints are built with some give in them, so they will accommodate a larger passenger. All the others from Mission Space to Rocking Roller coaster are a blast. Avatar has a ride vehicle similar to TRON where the rider leans all the way forward and they are closed in by bars coming up the back and calves. Every Disney vacation should be memorable and magical. Most of the rides where you share a lap bar restraint are mild (like The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh) and some have none at all (Pirates of the Caribbean). Space Mountain is a different story. I cant think of another ride that will be a problem. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Being overweight is a problem at Walt Disney World but not because of the rides. Hey guys! WITH. I was nervous to try the Mine Ride, as there were no definitive answers as to who can ride. If I can think of any other rides I forgot to mention, Ill add another comment. The Chairlift at Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park is the only attraction at either of the two water parks with a weight limit. You should be able to access all the rides as long as mobility is not a problem. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Hi all.. a lot of these comments help. What rides will I not be able to ride? Thanks! Just got back from Disney. It made our avoid list not only because of the size of the seat, but also the claustrophobic feel of the ride vehicle. What a relief to find a place where someone can be honest about themselves without apology. You will be find. If necessary, ask a cast member for the handicapped entrance. And is there any other rides I should avoid in MK or the other parks? The person is about 325 pounds. I didnt fit but only couple people were waiting at the time. Ive been pretty worried about the ride situation with having a Pooh-sized body!!! If that is true, a larger individual could fit comfortably in those seats. Space Mountain can be difficult for anyone with mobility problems. I am also a independent Pro wrestler for a hobby. I have long legs and a shorter torso. Lets just go down the list. Can You Be Too Big to Ride the Disney Skyliner? Until now. and Ive been on this ride many times. Theyre arent any weight restrictions at WDW. Aside from that minor surprise at the Haunted Mansion, I had no problems. These are the rides that might give you some trouble. This was tight and no handicap walk around that I could see. Star Tours and Tower of Terror have seat belts, but again, no worries. Of all of the roller coasters in Walt Disney World, Rock n Roller Coaster has the tightest seats of them all! Mine Train is an easy on and off. My family will be visiting Disney World in October. Kali River Rapids: If you are big, try to get a double-seat to yourself. Splash Mountain is a very wide ride that accommodates any size person. My husband is a pooh sized person. I am 57 and about 300 pounds so Im hoping everything will be okay. I feel so much better about my trip to Disney. I just came back from Orlando with my family. But some of the rides might feel a bit uncomfortable if you are overweight. The only ride I can say that I had a problem with was Snow Whites roller coaster. 10 Delicious Spots for the Best Breakfast at Disney Springs! Much better than those other theme parks. He doesnt have any problem with any of the rides. Im 355 lbs @ 510 , and Im visiting MK very soon and Im desperate to find out! Its found outside of the ride itself, so you can check things out before you stand in a long line. I really couldnt take the embarrassment I really dont want to embarrass my kids. There are special vehicles at the Safari that should accommodate you in your chair. The best option to see if you are a good fit for a Disney ride is to check one of the test seats. Thanks!! Shai, youre husband wont have a problem on most rides. I am completely scared I wont be able to ride the rides and that I will have to leave. I actually cried knowing that I will be able to enjoy the rides with my young children without tears being shed because I cant fit. Until now. The rides at WDW are very Pooh sized people friendly. Yes, the Peter Pan Ride is very Pooh friendly. THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. Lets all make some special memories! Ill be at Disney in October for the first time in many years. Latest Walt Disney World News Coming Soon Remy's Ratatouille Adventure - Late 2020 Epcot Space Restaurant - 2020 TRON Coaster - Spring 2021 Epcot Play Pavilion - Early 2021 Guardians of the Galaxy - Spring 2021 In other instances, like at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, one guest carrying extra weight in his or her stomach or thighs can make it difficult to push the lap-bar down as far as their differently shaped riding companion may want it to go. I am a 57 and 280 pound woman. A year ago I bought season tickets to Busch Gardens. I just want to thank you for easing my mind on the subject. As Disney is generally very size-inclusive, the level or comfort or ability to ride will always go back to where one's weight is distributed. Space Mountain. I realized I had my sweat shirt hoodie tied around my waste. Hollywood studios- tower of terror, toy story mania (I think its called that) and star tours. For example,if you can sit on your floor at home and get up without alot of trouble you will be able to get off of Space Mountain. These restrictions are more about the comfort and safety of the riders than the actual requirements of the ride. Any rides I might have a problem going on? Ive only been to California Adventure once, but I dont remember any rides you might have a problem on. There were no restrictions. The only ride that was truly painful (Im 5,7 , 320) was the mine train as mentioned. I got on all the rides we had fast passes for lol (meaning the lines were too long of a wait for my son). But as far as the others, go with confidence! I wouldnt worry too much. I have a knee that can really bother me and do not have a ton of upperbody or leg strength. The bottom line is, Disney wants you to have a good time and they made the park to accommodate larger visitors. Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy. Walt Disney, Policies | Contact Us | Our Family. Thank you. The last time my family went to EPCOT, we took my 86 year old disabled grandmother. If you can't get through the front gate turnstiles, don't panic. Relax. I dont know, but from what I hear, good luck. Mission Space is not a problem. Just wondering if anyone out there is this sized and what their experiences have been. That being said, I have never ridden RnR coaster at DHS. Sadly, Im not able to fit on most rides at most theme parks, especially rollercoasters. Aside from the test seats or speaking to a Disney employee, there are other considerations that would help you to determine if you can fit on the ride in advance. And its awesome! But to ease your worries we will go through and list the rides that might be uncomfortable for some, and what to do about it! I went to Disney last month and my experience is below. I am confident that I will fit on most rides at the parks but I have heard flight of passage is a bit fat-unfriendly. There are plenty of places to look online and check for information from others who may have tried to ride particular rides in the past. If you choose a ride with a bench seat and find yourself in a row where you are uncomfortable, simply ask a Disney Cast Member if you can move. Im heading there soon and even though I read comments over and over, Id rather avoid those rides. My boyfriend and I are going to WDW in October and were both pooh size at 53 and 510 both weighing between 230-300lbs. Thanks and very helpful site. I been very worried about standing in lines and then not fitting on the ride and I know if I cant ride everyone else will not ride either. I had an experience with the Batman (hanging) coaster at Six Flags St Louis. You may have problems on flight of avatar. Are they Pooh size friendly? See Our Before-and-After Layouts and Vote. Did they even have them if needed? You should be fine Mike. I still have three months I plan to work hard to better myself and lose some weight but I will still be pooh sized in three months even if I starve myself til then. Consult the signage posted at our attractionswhich includes height requirements, health and safety advisories, and accessibility guidelines. As previously stated, There are height limits on some rides but there are no weight limits on any rides at Walt Disney World. We went to Disney a few weeks ago. My family and I are going to be going to Disney World in March on a trip through Dream Connection. It is very Pooh and Piglet friendly (for the most part). There is a test seat there to try before getting on also. I have not heard any reports of anyone having problems with the shoulder harness not locking. Please note we have a daughter that will want him to join her on all the rides. For assistance with your Walt Disney World vacation, including resort/package bookings and tickets, please call (407) 939-5277. The restraint is an over the shoulder collar. Many people find the restraints on the Flight of Passage to be somewhat snug. I am so relieved to read all of these comments! Do you think I would experience any issues? Although there are some rides at Walt Disney World that may have limitations on the height of the rider, there are no weight limits on any Disney rides. Guests of all shapes and sizes can be found vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort. Im a pooh-sized female (290 lbs, 56, evenly distributed weight) and Im terrified of not fitting on rides, the biggest worry being the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. These rides are non-restrictive by having bench-style seats and low-impact restraint bars. I am 59 350 lbs. The fine folks at Disney want everyone to have a good time at the park. These restrictions are more about the comfort and safety of the riders than the actual requirements of the ride. On Pirates of the Caribbean they sat me in the first row and down the water slide we submerged and water came over the first three rows! Other than that, it was a bit uncomfortable but nothing worth complaining about. Thanks! If you have really big calves, you might not fit. My husband weighs about 450lbs and is 511. So no issues there. I am 510 and about 280. Thanks! There are no weight restrictions for any rides, including Tron, at Walt Disney World theme parks. 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Time. Or all the thrill rides, for that matter? Its important for you to make wise decisions when it comes to boarding certain rides. It will be slightly uncomfortable, but not terrible. Thought I was going to have to do the walk of shame, but the cast member was able to get the back piece pushed up into the locking position. Copyright WDW Vacation Tips 2023WDW Vacation Tips is an unofficial fan site and not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company. The harnesses work very well for broad-shouldered (as one who has broad shoulders). tried it. Its all based on how the ride was designed. Anyone able to weigh in on Avatars rides yet? My small daughters (6 & 8) want to ride big thunder mountain and splash mountain with me. Its true. The gondolas themselves have a weight limit of 375 pounds. It is extremely unlikely that youll encounter a ride that you cannot fit in. Silly Symphony Swings: Small seats. However, there are rides where being extra tall can be very uncomfortable. Since the bench seats have no armrests, it is also possible to seat larger people without crowding them into a single row. You should be good on all the rides. I really worry about embarrassing myself and the people Im with. Of course, not every ride at Walt Disney World Resort is going to have a test seat available. A couple of slightly uncomfortable rides, but not a big deal. Hey there. Go to Disney without fear! (Like the Haunted Mansion.) Most of the rides that seat more than two are rides like Its a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean boat rides. Lets start at the Magic Kingdom. The rides over there are built for princesses not Poohs. Im so happy I found this blog, because Im 55 weighing in around 260 and I have had to take that dreaded walk of shame before. Hey everyone! I assume the boat ride will be fat friendly but the Flight of Passage looks problematic. I am 511 280 lbs. But, if you're looking for larger sizes, a lot of clothes on shopDisney.com go up to 4XL. hello, I am 64 and about 400lbs. You should be able to. However, Im quite large. Im 6 1, and around 360 pounds, I know youve answered this question a lot but I just need to be sure, do I have anything to worry about (other than the rides that were mentioned above)? Disney Cast Members have been trained in advance to accommodate individuals who need to move for their own comfort. I have been reading a lot about being Pooh-sized at Disney and am glad to have found this site but Im still a little nervous. This trip really shown new light on my health and my size. If you are concerned about not fitting in the seat or being too heavy for the ride, you can try the test seat outside of the ride itself or ask a Disney Cast Member for assistance. What if I Can't Get Through the Front Gate Turnstiles? As long as mobility isnt a problem you should be able to ride them all. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Try the test seat before you get in line! Weight Limit and Seat Size for the Flight of Passage. The Mine Train wasnt even uncomfortable and I think someone even heftier than myself could easily fit. The over the shoulder fit everyone. The only ride that you might want to skip is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Ambo, there is a test banshee outside of the ride you can get on to check. It was oct. n might get cool. We are starting a walking exercise plan now and hope to drop some pounds before then, but this puts me at ease! This article was very helpful and informative and I greatly appreciate it. I was a little disheartened, but the ride attendants were so polite about it, and hooked us up with extra Fastpasses. The Disney Skyliner was built for comfort, as well as for the fantastic view of the Walt Disney World Resort underneath. Its been 25 years since Ive been over there. I dont think its essential, but its a good idea. Thank you for putting my mind at ease. That was a godsend! May need someone to help you if you are XL. We are taking the whole family, 21 total, to Orlando in 6 months, I accidentally came across Universal Orlando ride restrictions page and started to PANIC! This attraction was created with the help of real NASA Astronauts! WDW Vacation Tips is designed to be a tool to help you plan your magical vacation to Disney World. If I had an arm around them would that be enough to secure them? While rides like Expedition Everest can be helpful for guests riding with a smaller person as the lap-bar is not shared, it is worth noting that the individual lap-bars can be more problematic for guests who carry their weight in their hips and thighs. You will be able to ride. Disney is very, very Pooh sized people friendly. I am 57 and about 412lbs. I also visited both parks of Universal Studios this time. I am 58, 270 and I will probably be doing most of the rides with my daughter (about 4ft, 75 lbs) Im worried that the restraints wont fit her securely due to my larger size. Disney is a very inclusive company, so most of the rides are very non-restrictive, but for some tighter rides with unusual ride vehicles like Tron and Avatar Flight of Passage. I couldnt ride it. As long as you have good mobility youll be fine. I was even able to lean forward a bit, even with the lap bar on my belly! Splash mountain lap bar a bit snug and knees were hitting. Mrs. Test Track and Soarin have seat belts but both handle large bellies well. Theres no seatbelt or restraint. Thank you for the info. Like others have said, Space Mountain is the hardest on me. Friend is 400 and 53. So your plan probably wont work. All of the bars are adjusted by the person who is riding the ride. You have to step down a couple of feet and get your body situated into the tub. Im 56, 280 with a very large chest (DDD+). For guests who are looking to experience the full range of what the park has to offer, it's essential to know about the various weight limits in place. This year is my friends 40th birthday, and shes chosen to go to Disney. He is able to ride every other ride in all the parks, except this one. There are minimum height requirements on some of the thrill rides, which means your toddler will not be able to go on them. We rode everything that is currently open except Avatar and the kiddie rides in Magic Kingdom. Thank you so much for posting this. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: no problems. It wasnt even close. Im am nervous about the rides as most other theme parks it is hard to fit into the coasters. I live in the Tampa Bay area and am within 2 hours of TONS of amusement parks. Feeling like a sardine in a can is memorable, but definitely not magical. I know the anxiety us big people have when it comes to riding at the parks. Otherwise the boat might list to the side a bit. Dear Paula, Thank you so much for stopping by to visit us here at the Disney Parks Moms Panel with your great question about planning ahead for your upcoming Walt Disney World Resort vacation! While researching my own WDW trip, I see a lot of inquiries about Disneyland fit/access. Thanks for this great article, its nice to be able to research this sort of thing. Some were a little snug, but I have always been able to enjoy the rides. Other shared restraints are more like seatbelts (Dumbo the Flying Elephant) so they conform to your specific size and shape. I have been able to ride every other ride at Disney. Required Heights for Rides at Disney's Animal Kingdom: Avatar Flight of Passage - Guests must be 44 inches or taller. Some rides have long hikes just to get to them and may be on an incline; step aside and let others go if you need to. If you have ever wondered how to become a Disney World Cast Member I have written a detailed guide! All Rights Reserved, link to Complete Guide To Disney Home Decor For Adults. If you ask, they will let you. But at what cost? The seats in it are not made for wide people (Dad says as a pretty wide person himself.). Ive been able to do pirates, Aladdin, haunted mansion before. It would be fine with a single bar for the car like in Thunder Mountain Railroad. Looking around Disney, at least 1/4 or more of the people were Pooh sized. As we know there may not be TONS to get on Are their any specific parks like either Universal or Walt Disney or EPCOT that may have the Best options for us Pooh sized folks?! And in any case this is highly unlikely as plenty of adults are able to ride with children). I didnt not try Rockin Roller Coaster because the son is too short, but Id ride any ride without fear. Go to Disney World!! I worry about the RnR coaster (though not a hanging coaster) for the same reason: the shoulder harness due to the inversions. Hover around 500. Nope. Space Mountain is a big step down, but plenty roomy. Thank you. Like I said, we have some time, and Im working on losing some poundage before the trip, but this trip is super important to her and I both. There are a couple that have lap bars that might have some issues, but he will be fine on almost all of them. Not sure where to turn to for advice? Guests who don't meet the designated height will not be able to go on the ride. I am able to ride all of the rides in all of the parks at disney. Since there are no actual height restrictions we sought out advice from people we consider tall. While there are height restrictions on some rides at Walt Disney World, there are NOT any weight restrictions. They lock in the legs and the midsection, so for plus-sized riders, they may be more uncomfortable. Storm Slides - at least 48 inches tall. Sit in the front seat. Disney rides are created to accommodate people of all sizes. It is an amazing new addition to Disney. Yes, you should be able to ride everything including the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Space Mountain is the worst by far. Dont be afraid to enter the parks, Disney makes many options available to accommodate visitors of all sizes. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. He carries in his belly. Mission Space: No problems at all! Im glad I did because it was a thrilling ride although I think I kept my eyes shut half the time and screamed even though I knew it wasnt a real ride on a bench it, lol. Im a 42 waste and a xxxl shirt. Go all the way in to the side by the yellow line. I leave for Disney World in two weeks and I have been having so much anxiety about fitting into rides. Were both Pooh-sizedIm more Pooh than she. Weight limits Disney World Height Requirements in each park Magic Kingdom EPCOT Hollywood Studios Animal Kingdom Typhoon Lagoon Blizzard Beach Minimum Height requirements at Disney World 54 inches 48 inches 44 inches 42 inches 40 inches 38 inches 35 inches 32 inches Attractions and rides with no height requirements Magic Kingdom Animal Kingdom A lap bar tight on my big belly will not even touch her, but I really want to get on these rides. We rode almost everything but the bigger roller coasters and had no real issues. Essentially, if you are a plus-sized individual, or if you are traveling with someone that may be concerned about fitting onto a Disney ride, there are options available. Will the size disparity be a problem. The flight there however was a different story lol. Thanks for any help you can give me ! Well I was thinking at least our Little one can. Thanks for whatever information you can provide! If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Just like the weight restrictions, there are no official height restrictions in Walt Disney World. No problems at all. You shouldnt have to ask anyone. Waist is 50. Had really no issues at Magic Kingdom. There is a door that closes on you that creates a chamber feel. only other issue was navigating out of space mountain but I managed 4 times . Disney Cast Members have been trained in advance. Only ride that was difficult to do was the new Pandora Avatar ride in Animal Kingdom. I too am Pooh size and feel better. I dont want anything to overshadow it. He was even able to squeeze into the little test track. A: Yes. So I went to the kingdom Saturday. Lee, I would be very interested to know if this was an issue for you in the end? You should be able to find a ride that you can experience to fulfill your dream. But this has taken a lot of stress off me. You think I will be ok? If you are anxious, worried, embarrassed, or any other negative emotion about the attractions in Disney, you can safely stick to this list and have the most magical vacation ever! I know a big issue has been fitting your knees into the lap bar.