Beverly Hills High School Football Roster, Do Elephants Mate With Rhinos, Stonewall Pride Fort Lauderdale, Max Sport 4 Seirsanduk, New Gated Communities In Jamaica For Sale, Articles W

On cabinets, I would use a semi-gloss or satin because higher-gloss paints are more durable than flatter paints. Its a nice sandy color if you are going for a beachy or coastal look with Hale Navy. I only use affiliate links on products I use and love for your shopping convenience. This is a Benjanin Moore paint #1624 Westcott Navy (color) Kelly says: September 23, 2015 at 2:11 pm. One standout feature of this paint color is that it has both cool and warm undertones. Overall though, very similar! In some lights, Wrought Iron can look more like a SOFT BLACK, than anything blue-inspired, which is why its SO IMPORTANT to have that little paper chip sample of Benjamin Moore Black 2132-10 handy for comparison. Please note that these are products I know/use and recommend. However, Cheating Heart has LESS navy blue/more gray, which is how it casts that bit more black at times. The 8 Best Paint Colours for Your Front Door, The 10 Best Farrow & Ball Blue Paint Colours. That extra bit of gray makes it super easy to match with a TON of other colors. Hale Navy is an authentic historical color choice if you are trying to revitalize a heritage home, or make something look traditional. In 1890, Cadet Dennis Michie accepted a challenge by a group of midshipmen to a pickup football game between Navy and the newly-formed West Point team. Sitting right under Hale Navy in the fan deck is Newburyport Blue. Gentlemans GRAY? Hague Blue is far more green and gray than Hale Navy. If you are painting with a white primer you will need at least one or two extra coats of paint. Thank you so much for this timely article, Kylie. Old Navy is more of a true navy blue. All are on the same color card. Finally, this navy is a strong enough blue that it can work with black accents or windows. If you place them next to each other you can see the green in Sea Serpent, but the overall effect will be similar. ), Why I Dont Use Chalk Paint on Furniture and Home Decor, The Ultimate Guide to Spray Paint Mason Jars Any Color, The Best Greige Paint Color Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray, What is the Best Furniture Paint? The second color (depicted on the right side) is named Westcott Navy and also has a code 1624 assigned to it. I think it's okay to go darker and bolder in small spaces like powder rooms. Brush on the clear coat in long strokes as you can see in the video here. And I love the plum color for the door, but rust was a close second. I think that it works well for creating the moody office with brass . ), Color Comparisons to BM Hale Navy with actual paint colors in real homes. It also helps that Hale Navy has some gray in it which makes it work more as a neutral. I think it is due to the warm lighting and reflections: You can also see how it looks a bit grayish, although I do think the brightness is turned up in the photo. Not to be confused with Cyberspace, Outerspace is quite a bit lighter than Hale Navy, with an LRV of 12. ), Snowbound vs Alabaster: Which is the Better Sherwin Williams White for Cabinets, Trim, & More, Behr Silver Drop Will Keep You Guessing! It is a negligible amount lighter with an LRV of 9.02. Before, the colour on this door was cute but wasnt any screamin glory. I did finally manage to track one down, with this funky wood accent wall by Retro Revival Design: Here you can see Hale Navy for the first time with no natural light: This is about the darkest that it ever looks. If you are concerned about Hale Navys gray undertones, you can go with Old Navy (Benjamin Moore 2063-10). I personally love blue now i will make sure that my home reflects the idea discussed here. Any of these Navy shades particularly NOT look good in warm room? I like to show the graphic because a wall of each white would show obvious differences, but in small amounts like trim, the difference is subtle. Benjamin Moore HC 154 Hale Navy. After midnight would . What Trim Colors Go With Benjamin Moore Hale Navy? I thought this color was a deeper gray with some blue like the side angle of the house. Between the two colors, Naval is definitely darker. (Because you need a 6th option.) Read on for a deep dive into Hale Navys technical specs, applications for its use, pros and cons, and alternative navy blue exterior paint colors. Benjamin Moore Anchor Gray Paint Colours Review. NOW, do me a favour and compare Downpour Blue to Gentlemans Gray and TELL ME that GG doesnt look blue-green! For painting walls, furniture, and cabinets in dark wall colors, be sure to use a dark primer. Oct 17, 2015 - Westcott Navy Paint by Benjamin Moore - Navy and White exterior paint colors. Kensington Blue is lighter than Hale Navy, less gray, and more blue. Are you humming along with me in the navy, yes you can put your mind at ease? Of course, Hale Navy has a dark light reflective value of 6.3 (Black is 0 and white is 100). I have already mentioned Cyberspace a few times, but here they are side by side. The Hale Navy RGB color values are 67 red, 75 green, 86 blue, or in other words, while Hague blue is 62 red; 78 green, 86 blue, which means Hague Blue is also a bit more green than Hale Navy. I want you to check outSAMPLIZE. The best thing about using a dark gray primer is that it will save you from the extra cost and effort! What are your thoughts on Indigo Batik 25% darkened? Which ones on this list would pair well with golden yellow LRV 77? I want to use Hale Navy paint for the walls of a small powder room. It has a crisp deep blue texture with the utmost sign of luxury and sophistication. In the times when we feel all alone, He is sitting right by us, holding our heart and beckoning us to give our burdens to Him. We have it in our home office, the basement laundry/mudroom, and even on the floors at the Beach Cabin. (Complete Review & Dupes), Sherwin Williams Swiss Coffee Inspired Paint Colors (Ranked! True black has an LRV of 0 and pure white has an LRV of 100. ). Thanks again! One more, because I honestly dont see untinted white often: Theres obviously a weird shadow on the door, so ignore how the white looks in the top half of the photo. I'm so glad you're here! You could choose from 101 front door colors and any of them could work with this versatile paint color. While I was working on this post, I learned that Hale Navy is a solid choice for exteriors of really any style. Im really not sure I will ever understand this one, but I have covered it a lot more in my post: Sherwin Williams Iron Ore vs Peppercorn (Full Comparison!). I love that it is a sophisticated navy that has gray undertones making it inviting but not an in-your-face blue. Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore is our go-to navy blue exterior paint color. If youre looking for a color thats in between hale navy and old navy this would be the best option. It is also significantly more gray than Hale Navy, and a touch more green. Bundle of thanks for the wonderful blog. The Best Navy Blue and Teal Paint Colours for Your Front Door. White Dove is one of Benjamin Moores all-time most popular whites. So, there you have it some GORGEOUS navy blue paint colours for almost ANY paintable surface in your home! Wall Sconce - Copper Penny. We love James Hardie siding for its marriage of form and function. SOME colours cant actually be darkened anymore and while I THINK you should be able to do Indigo Batik, theres a chance you wont be able to. Thats ok it will even out with the second coat! Thanks for being a subscriber!! Naturally, that often involves wood trim! Thank you for visiting! Im a little lazy when it comes to furniture painting and if there is a shortcut that still gives me the same beautiful finish, Im going to take that shortcut every single day of the week and twice on Sundays! As I mentioned in my post How to Sand Furniture, you shouldnt spend more than about 5 minutes sanding a furniture piece. It has an LRV of 6.3 - making it one of the lightest of them all! However, improvements in technology for exterior paint and finishing materials mean this is becoming less and less of a concern. With its LOW LRV, Cheating Heart is close to the black end of things but has some gray and blue in there to lift it up from the depths. Newburyport Blue is in the same blue range as Hale Navy, but lighter (LRV 10.31) and less gray. WHERES MY WINE? It looks great on a point sample but sometimes on a large wall or furniture piece, it can get a little bright. The Best Modern Paint Colors For Your Next Interior Painting Project - Elite Paint and Home Renovation, The 16 Best Paint Colours To Go With Oak (or Wood): Trim, Floor, Cabinets & More (PART 4), How to Update Your Older Granite Countertops, The 6 Best Off-White Neutral Paint Colours: Undertones & More, Sherwin Williams: 5 Best Neutral Beige Paint Colors (with a BIT more depth), The 8 Best Benjamin Moore WHITE Paint Colours, The 8 Best Blue & Green Blend Paint Colours: Benjamin Moore & Sherwin Williams, A beachy look often suits a blue-green over a blue-violet, A transitional or traditional style home usually suits blue-violet vs a blue-green, theyre more affordable than the samples pots/rollers/foam boards that are needed for traditional paint sampling, If you keep the samples on their white paper, you can move them around the room. Its high quality custom built cabinetry that was built in 1996. I would guess it is a 3, because it is truly almost black. Can you give me some advice for the best possible outcome. Whether youre a beginner or well-versed in the colour world, these fun online courses will take your colour education to the NEXT LEVEL! Required fields are marked *. Van Deusen Blue is lighter than Hale Navy with an LRV of 11.97. Assorted Foam Paint Brushes (see the current price here). Westcott Navy 1624 A shade of navy that teeters on black delivers a rich, classic color. Here is the front of her two-tone color scheme with Sherwin Williams Keystone Gray (back when the door was orange! )This tool will save your back and limit time on a ladder. It is a very true blue "navy blue" and has less gray than Hale Navy and is significantly darker. (You can see how I do this in the video above.). For true navy paint colors, it doesnt get any better than this! Its LRV is 13, and it comes off as quite a bit more blue. To be honest, to LOOK at this colour, I would never say it has an LRV that low, I wouldve pegged it closer to 6, but its the GOOORGEOUS rich navy blue of it taking it to those lower depths (blue-violet). Sea Salt is a pale grayish green by Sherwin Williams that also fits very well into a beachy color scheme. In real life though, Iron Ore can sometimes have a blueish hue to it, and be mistaken for a navy. When comparing Hale Navy vs. Loved your post about Hale Havy!! FULL Paint Colour Review of Benjamin Moore Hale Navy, YOUTUBE Video Review of Benjamin Moore Hale Navy. Samples are only $5.95 each with free shipping for US orders over $15. Give the first coat at least 4 hours to dry. Can you tell greiges are still popular? Hale Navy is a dark navy blue with a hint of charcoal. This deep charcoal navy is definitely on the favorite list. Keep rolling the roller over the paint to get a nice smooth finish. While Hale Navy is not actually purple at all its closer to cyan it can sometimes look a little purple in comparison to other navy blues. LRVs range from 0-100, with 100 . We are about to paint a Drexel Accolade dresser from the 1970s. Come on in to learn a little more about me! Here is the pantry beside the fridge in different lighting: This is one place where you get a glimpse of the purpley undertone that Hale Navy can have. Here are some interior designers favorite Hale Navy combos: Revere Pewter is the OG neutral from Benjamin Moore. Here are some helpful hints you dont want to miss! SW Charcoal Blue vs. Sea Serpent Hale Navy is so versatile for walls, kitchen cabinets, and furniture and at the end of the day it is a safe bet if you are looking for a versatile shade that coordinates well with different colors. Here I will show you Hale Navy inside and outside many homes, talk you through trim choices and color pairings, and finally share some alternatives! There are seemingly infinite options for navy blue paint colors but how do you know which shade of navy blue works best in your space? You can update your entire home's exterior with this paint color for a dramatic impact and some bold curb appeal. It will do most of the work for you. Another popular navy is Sherwin Williams Naval. Your email address will not be published. And if you find out that blue doesnt work for you Ive got more! RELATED: The Best White Cabinet Colors | The Top Blue-Gray Paint Colors | The 33 Most Popular Paint Colors for Kitchen Cabinets, Gold hardware looks stunning against these front doors in BM Hale Navy. You can see more in this post: Sherwin Williams Cyberspace (The Moodiest Charcoal Blue!). Racoon Fur does have the tiniest bit more yellow in it than Hale Navy, but it is mostly more charcoal. This is especially helpful with dark furniture pieces because it will protect the furniture from smudges from the paint reacting to the oils on your hands. This next photo with Wrought Iron on a side door demonstrates how it comes to life if given some light to play with! To learn how to add fabric drawer liners that are paper-like, scented and stain-resistant, click here: The Easy Way to Make Drawer Liners from Fabric, Also, I figured out how to paint with detailed stencils without paint bleed. Rejuvenation. BENJAMIN MOORE GENTLEMANS GRAY 2062-20. It still reads navy very much. This is why farmers till the soil from year to year to break up fallow ground in exchange for soil that allows the roots air to breath and room to grow. It is actually darker than Hale Navy with an LRV of 7.76, but it reads brighter. Hale Navy and Revere Pewter look stunning together. These words have NEVER been truer, as if youre looking for THE NAVY BLUE OF ALL NAVY BLUES, this is it. Cloud White is another most popular white by Benjamin Moore. If you want a cheaper option for paint, you can get the Benjamin Moore Hale Navy Behr Equivalent at Home Depot! I am building a house that has jogging path for siding and Country Ledgestone Bucks County Stone. But this year, Im finally listening to that still small voice the same whisper that breaths more truth into my soul in a second than I could on my own in a whole lifetime. Gray Owl is a soft greige color from Benjamin Moore. At the very least, I havent found a color that it clashes with. Hope this helps Staci! The first one is named Hale Navy and also has a code HC-154 assigned to it. I was really rooting for Hale Navy, but once I saw the house painted with the Newburg Green, I thought it looked lovely! If you want a chalk-painted look on furniture, go with the flat finish but dont use chalk paint: Why I Dont Use Chalk Paint on Furniture. Run an electric sander over your piece just enough to rough up the surface. Below are some real-life examples of Hale Navy in action! This is Sherwin Williams Cyberspace again, on an exterior with red brick: These colors are very similar, and Hale Navy would be an equally good choice! BENJAMIN MOORE HALE NAVY VS. BENJAMIN MOORE OLD NAVY Out of all the paint colors, Benjamin Moore's Old Navy is the most similar to Hale Navy. For my favorite tips and tricks on getting a flawless finish every time with spray paint, click here for your free checklist: Best Tips & Tricks for Spray Painting Anything. In this kitchen again, you can sometimes see that hint of purple. This moody blue not only works with most colors under the sun, it isnt fussy about lighting or other factors. The LRV of Evening Sky is 5.35, so it is a bit darker than Hale Navy. A more palatable version of this would be a warm neutral like Benjamin Moores Kendall Charcoal, which is a dark gray with a hint of brown.