Https Global Zone20 Renaissance Go Com, Puerto Rico Homes For Sale By Owner, Uss New Jersey Sinks Tiger Island Before And After, Orient Express London To Paris, Articles W

A tank called the Leopard. Biden: Well, first of all, I'm not sure how many are asking that. And around the world, monuments were lit up in blue and yellow, solidarity, from New York to Paris, Berlin to Sydney. TRANSCRIPT: ABC News' George Stephanopoulos interviews President Joe Biden. The administration has also warned China not to offer lethal military assistance to Russia. With that title, and despite Muirs ever-increasing role in anchoring ABCs news coverage, Stephanopoulos led the outlets special events coverage, including the 2018 and 2020 elections, while Muir focused on hosting World News Tonight. But, you know, the president said it very well, that he wants to finish the job. Viewers were left surprised when George Stephanopoulos stopped appearing on Good Morning America at the beginning of 2021. KOHRS: There are certainly names that you would recognize. MORAN: He should go. Where Is George Stephanopoulos On This Week? So, why is that? And, quite frankly, Martha, this whole thing is taking too long, and it really didn't have to happen this way. She met George on a blind date in April 2001, the two got engaged after two months, and they were married on November 20, 2001, in the Upper East Sides Archdiocesan Cathedral of the Holy Trinity. And, you know, but the fact is, if we don't give them -- if they don't get the momentum right now, with the Russian offensive coming into country right now, they have a window of time with the counteroffensive. As President Zelenskyy rallies the Ukrainian people, President Biden shores up alliances. RADDATZ: I've heard President Zelenskyy say speed is so important. We need to separate by red states and blue states and shrink the federal government. When Stephanopoulos finally caught wind of the transaction, he was reportedly none too pleased and threatened to leave the network. While Strahan has been missing frequently, Stephanopoulos is usually found at his desk. Civilians slaughtered. We cant throw our head in the sand and ignore this. The fact is, you heard with the Abrams tanks, they wont go in for another year. And it's never too late to go. She seemed quite animated to talk about what was occurring behind closed door. As Terry said, no rules or laws were broken. When you think about Artem's sacrifice for you, for your family, for this country --. They can always take five if they want. "It was 1984 and yes @gstephanopoulos I was young and hungry!! Your email address will not be published. A rush transcript of "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" airing on Sunday, February 26, 2023 on ABC News is below. Due to his frequent social media activity, some people think he is on vacation, while others believe that if he were, he would have posted some pictures. It doesn't look like it. They're randomly selected. It's totally legitimate to do that. So what can you say? But is that something he's waiting for as well, to see that his numbers go up after some of these things are complete? I think one of the other, sort of, caveats, though, for the president is this ongoing Justice Department investigation of classified documents. Turn on desktop notifications for breaking stories about interest? MCCAUL: When supreme allied commander speaks, I listen. REPORTER: So, we're talking about more than a dozen people? With a similar kind of incident in April of 2020 and numerous controversies surrounding the television host, we decided to jump in and find out if George Stephanopoulos is indeed leaving Good Morning America. Lets dive in! He has been pretty quiet on social media lately, but his wife calmed everyone's worries when she posted a photo of them in Greece. And just when they unlock the Leopard tanks with Germany, putting in some Abrams tanks, we can do the same thing with all these other aircraft, the F-16s, ATACMS --. What kind of things does he have to finish? VIDEO: Ali Wentworth jokes she's divorcing George Stephanopoulos live on GMA. And how do you think the U.S. should respond to it? It's also evidence of the fact that prosecutors don't get to pick your grand jurors, right? Services like this held almost every single day. RADDATZ: Do you do you imagine that he'll try executive hell try executive privilege on that? ", Fans sent the couple positive messages which included: "Beautiful couple" and "Enjoy!". And Kamala Harris is prepared if that moment comes in her life to run for president, but BRAZILE: this is not about Kamala. MCCAUL: Yeah, well, we can certainly write into our appropriations bills prioritizing weapon systems. Election night coverage will instead be led by World News Tonight anchor David Muir. All the fallout with our powerhouse roundtable. Witnesses and grand jurors can speak, but they usually don't because the prosecutors say, you're going to damage all the work you've done here if you do. For our employees who earn $30,000 a year, this fight is ridiculous. EMILY KOHRS: I will be sad if nothing happens. There definitely are some names that you expect. 24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events. Inside Josh Duggar's lonely 35th birthday in prison solitary confinement, Honey Boo Boo, 17, & boyfriend, 21, found with gun & drugs in car in arrest, Today's Hoda Kotb looks solemn on stroll with daughter amid show absence, Jill Duggar reveals she's 'so proud' of husband's major career change in new pic, 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, George and Ali are currently on vacation in Greece, He has been absent from the show this week, sparking concern from fans, Gio Benitez has been filling in for George with Robin Roberts and Ali Robach, George has been an anchor on GMA since 2009, He usually co-anchors with Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan, who has been away for some time, unrecognizable-looking Roberts dancing and singing. GOOD Morning America host George Stephanopoulos has revealed the real reason why he is absent from the show. Required fields are marked *. The right-wing Republicans are, you know, talking about, we can't do this. We do not know where he is, she said. I think Americans are going to be very concerned about it. Will you send F-16s? And thats not the way politics should be run. As a result, it is presumed that he is ill and has taken time off from his regular duties. Her 26-year-old son Artem (ph), a special operations soldier who first fought to defend Crimea in 2014 was overseas when the Russians invaded this time. RADDATZ: And -- and even if they don't want them now, do you think they should start training? I mean you all probably know better than me but it seems like the president, former president, I'm sorry, has tried to exert executive privilege when anybody close to him is potentially going to be --. However, the matter was seemingly settled before blowing up, and George retained his position on GMA. Moreover, while being a part of GMA, Georges new contract also led ABC to launch his own production company George Stephanopoulos Productions through which he will take on various projects with his wife. There are things he needs now that we're sending him to put him in a position to be able to make gains this spring and this summer going into the fall. BIDEN: It would be the same line everyone else would have crossed. Details On Her Second Child And Husband Chris Abbott. And you slow down, a little bit, the older you get. But as of 2022, little information exists to persuade viewers that Wentworth is ill. Alexandra, an American actress, and comedian, debuted from 1992 to 1994 on the Fox sketch comedy program In Living Color. REPORTER: Are these recognizable names? But it doesnt mean we disregard whats happening, this struggle for the global balance of power that were facing right now. On December 9, all three anchors were missing from the show after reported fury over Amy Robach & TJ Holmes affair. ABC News veteran George Stephanopoulos may be upset to relinquish the throne for breaking news to evening anchor David Muir, but even Stephanopoulos can't deny the ratings turnaround that Muir . Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton appeared on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday. Pressed by Stephanopoulos on whether the committee will have enough evidence to prosecute the former president, Kinzinger said he's not comfortable making that statement yet but said the committee is continuing to learn new information every day. For previous show transcripts, visit the "This Week" transcript archive. I know the administration says, "as long as it takes." I will say a divisive rhetoric I think polarizes this nation and I think it hurts this nation. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. We'll discuss it all, next. So why not teach them now so if they need them, if you if if you want to approve it in the future, theyll have them ready to go? Be -- be -- how you say? And I don't think it's going to get any better. Andrew Harnik/Pool/Getty Images. We'll be right back. Stephanopoulos asked about a possible al Qaeda terror threat to the US as a result of the withdrawal from Afghanistan. Where Is George Stephanopoulos On This Week? RADDATZ: An ABC/Washington Post poll earlier this month found that 50 percent of Republicans believe the U.S. is doing too much to support Ukraine. Lees ons privacybeleid en cookiebeleid voor meer informatie over hoe we uw persoonsgegevens gebruiken. Furthermore, he served as a Democratic Party assistant before beginning his media career. RADDATZ (voice over): Intelligence at the time suggested Russian forces would sweep into Ukraine and topple the Zelenskyy government in a matter of days. But it's understandable why people are just down. Only Roberts and Strahan earn more than Stephanopoulos. Good to see you. CHRISTIE: Because she's now going to be a witness. He's not finished what he started. The actress shared a picture of them on a fishing trip inMontauk. George has been away from his co-hosting duties on GMA this week and fans were starting to wonder why. "This Week" premiered in 1981 as "This Week with David Brinkley.". Is He Sick? RADDATZ: OK, thanks very much for joining us this morning, Mr. Sullivan. He's going to take advantage of that. We know the vast majority of Americans support Ukraine, but there are now many who are asking, how long can we spend like this? You talk often about how the inflation the rate of inflation has begun to slow. However, with 2022 almost over with, many fans are wondering if his time is coming to an end on the show. Spring break is good for everyone. The only people who cant speak about what happens in the grand jury are prosecutors. "This was always going to blow up at some point," one source told the outlet about the power struggle. People assume that because the well-known journalist for the television show This Week hasnt been active on his social media platform for the preceding week, he may be on vacation from work or not feeling well. And I think that that reflects in terms of how President Biden is now being perceived. And all legal experts have said the Georgia case was really among some of the strongest and most prominent case, and when you look at Donald Trump running again in 2024, Ive always thought more than his potential Republican opponents, it's the threat of legal challenges that actually might pose a bigger --. George Stephanopoulos was missing from his usual GMA slot on December 19, 2022, and fans are curious to know why. There's stuff that's implied about taking five. Later, Robin shared the clip to her Instagram page, writing: "Talk about waaaaay back Wednesday. Is it possible youd approve them in the future? I will send Abrams down the road if you send Leopards now. According to CNN, after Stephanopoulos eventually gave up the title, he was angered to find out Muir also took over special reports alongside his nightly news position, effectively serving as chief anchor in all but name. AIR Awareness Outreach; AIR Business Lunch & Learn; AIR Community of Kindness; AIR Dogs: Paws For Minds AIR Hero AIR & NJAMHAA Conference This week, she repeatedly called for a national divorce, to separate the country by red and blue states. Earlier this month, he quipped "you were young and hungry huh?" MUIR: You dont think he needs F-16s now? So, why is this support slipping? The administration balked, sending tanks over there. The president originally decided against sending U.S. tanks, theyre called . He didn't include any context for the tweet. And that worked. Youve said that. 's latest guest host. We have three IG (ph) audits right now. RADDATZ: OK, let's bring in our roundtable to talk about all of this, former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie; former DNC Chair Donna Brazile; ABC News senior national correspondent Terry Moran; and NPR White House correspondent Asma Khalid. Otherwise, the Russians will be on the Polish border and Chairman Xi will invade Taiwan. There are no TV Airings of This Week With George Stephanopoulos in the next 14 days. You talk about tanks. This is about continuing to invest in the American people, invest in the future of America, which is what the Biden-Harris administration has been doing and what they will continue to do. The new. This Week, originally titled as This Week with David Brinkley and currently billed as This Week with George Stephanopoulos, is an American Sunday morning political affairs program airing on the ABC television network. In fact, the word I kept hearing was "We need to put everything we have into there." Although it seems they came to a happy medium, those on the inside find the quarrel to be pitiful. MCCAUL: For gods sakes. Thanks for sharing part of your Sunday with us. RADDATZ: Ten hours in, and ten hours back. But you've also seen the polls. Plus, more of David Muir's exclusive interview with President Biden. However, others don't think it's the right time and place for such a showdown. GEORGE Stephanopoulos is a co-anchor on Good Morning America with Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan. The writer struggled with COVID-19 throughout the outbreak, but he hasnt mentioned whether hes since fallen ill with another condition. They -- they're losing on the cultural issues, but as Bernie Sanders and some others have demonstrated, they can connect on that. Since then, no weather balloons have been shot down. I mean, so I can't think of a time when there's been a greater uncertainty, notwithstanding the fact we're created 800,000 manufacturing jobs. And this is actually an example of Joe Biden rallying the global coalition to get Ukraine what it needs. I mean, let's face it. Plus, what President Biden told David Muir about running for reelection in 2024, and questions about his age. U kunt uw keuzes te allen tijde wijzigen door te klikken op de links 'Privacydashboard' op onze sites en in onze apps. He just says, "Watch me.". Appreciate it. Mistake for him not to go? RADDATZ: OK, but he was in Ukraine this week, Chris. MORAN: And the shoe is going to be on the other foot. MARTHA RADDATZ, ABC "THIS WEEK" ANCHOR: Good morning, and welcome to THIS WEEK. And so what the president is saying is, hes focused on those capabilities. Catch up on the developing stories making headlines. Stephanopoulos apologized for not making the contributions public knowledge and the network also said in a statement that he was wrong not to disclose the contribution but that it was an honest mistake. Kyiv still stands, and Ukraine has taken back roughly half of the land it has lost since the start of the war. Only 16 percent said they were better off. What would your message be on the anniversary? RADDATZ: And -- and Asma, NPR's poll this week showed him with the highest approval rating since March -- not super-high ASMA KHALID, NPR WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT: Still underwater. The leaders of G-7 nations met with Zelenskyy Friday, forcefully calling for Russia to stop its ongoing aggression. BRAZILE: No, no. Are you running? After that, he stopped using the social media platform. The Republican had this exchange with host George Stephanopoulos on . And it -- he left that trick on the table for Donald Trump to come in and say, "I'm your guy," even though it was the Trump administration which changed the regulations which helped perhaps to contribute to this event. Why aren't Americans feeling this? The couple hugged in a warm embrace while standing outside next to a gorgeous pool. RADDATZ: And I want to ask you one final question about China. The change has left some ABC News staffers baffled, with several noting to The Daily Beast how Stephanopoulos, a former Clinton White House senior adviser and longtime political pundit, is considered among the most famous political journalists on TV. Got a tip? The image was captioned: "Were going to need a bigger boat!". A grand jury comes in and you get the grand jury you get, and so, you know, this is going to be embarrassing for the prosecution. UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Is there any reason for any of us to think that he is not running again? JOE BIDEN, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: Well, apparently someone interviewed my wife today I heard. RADDATZ: Also can get shot down. MUIR: Let me ask you about a conversation that people are having at home. Certainly for the White House, it would be smoother sailing if that could be wrapped up. An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. He has every right to finish the job. And Letitia James, the the attorney general in in New York literally ran on a campaign promise that he should be scared of her and she will find out where hes laundering all his money. You look at his schedule, and -- and typically, this is not a guy who has, you know, spent a ton of time at the White House, more time in Delaware than he's spent in other places. According to those networks, George hasnt recently posted any vacation images on his social media sites. RADDATZ: But with tens of thousands killed, how will this bloody war end? And, yes, America is ready for a woman president at some point. You've seen him on the road. We are democracy. Look, if you are an executive leader and there is a disaster, people expect you to be there. So I was proud to see the president take that ten-hour trip on the train to show not just the Ukrainians but show the world that we will stand by our allies. SULLIVAN: Well, its hard for me to say backing on, backing off. Her co-host Lara Spencer replied: "Guess what, you shouldn't have done that.". He also anchors This Week, an ABC Sunday morning current affairs program. And the train had compartments to be able to work, small bunks to be able to sleep on. I think to your point it's interesting about the prosecution because -- I mean, the Georgia case, there are so many multiple different legal challenges that the former president is facing. I think he would stand for freedom and democracy. Soon after Clintons 1996 reelection, Stephanopoulos left the Clinton administration. MORAN: No. RADDATZ: The president, by the way, says that military advisers tell him they dont need those. Everything is in the negative. We have seen that over the past year up close on numerous trips to Ukraine, but never was it as evident as it was this week when we returned again to Lviv, where I was the night the invasion began, as people looked ahead to another year of war, and looked back on how dramatically their lives have changed. Are we really going to see an 86-year-old president? MCCAUL: Well, Chairman Xi and Putin are they have this unholy alliance since the Beijing Olympics. RADDATZ: Chris, mistake for him not to go? SULLIVAN: From our perspective, the most important thing that we can do is make sure that we maintain focus on what is the highest priority. We know you were on that train with President Biden going in and out of Kyiv. ABC News Live Update: Biden's exclusive interview with George Stephanopoulos. He called Putin -- Xi called Putin as his best friend several years ago. He wasnt in East Palestine where that train derailed with those toxic chemicals. We also have in-use monitoring on the weapons and barcoding systems. RADDATZ: I notice how you deftly dodged that question about the economy. BIDEN: Well, look, I think it goes well beyond the economy. I talked to General Milley last night. RADDATZ: OK. And I think, look at all that Joe has -- has done, has accomplished. This mother knows it all too well. White House National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan is interviewed on ABC's "This Week", Sept. 25, 2022. We know you care very much about that. VLADIMIR PUTIN, RUSSIAN PRESIDENT: (INAUDIBLE). SULLIVAN: My understanding is that the NORAD commander, the general in charge of the defense of North American air space, has not recalibrated our radar, that we continue to be vigilant for unidentified objects coming into U.S. territory. RADDATZ: And, Terry, speaking of connecting, I want to go back to the train derailment in East Palestine. CNN has made a public spectacle of passing the torch to Jake Tapper from longtime election-night fixture Wolf Blitzer, who will not anchor the cable outlets election desk for the first time since 2004. But here's what we have to do in the meantime. RADDATZ: Emily Kohrs, the forewoman of the Georgia special grand jury investigation of whether Donald Trump or others were interfering with the 2020 election, she's now under fire after her media blitz this week.