Arguments Against Oneness Pentecostals, Articles W

One word of caution, every now and then you may get a post office worker who tries to state you owe extra if they see the 8 oz label and your item weights more than 8 ozs however I've been told via a USPS management directive these commercial labels (i.e. Browse Depop's streetwear fashion picks and search for must-have items. I could delete it but I'm just wondering is anyone knows what's up. There are 2 main places where you can do this, which is their app or website. Heres our complete guide on how to Depop and get up and running with selling clothes on the home of unique fashion. Im not sure to be honest, I dont think you have to link anything? We have a list of tips below that are used by the best Depop sellers to create more income on the app. Thanks so much! Depop Mobile app Marketplace and Deals Marketplace Etsy Information & communications . Fake designer copies or even non-designer but trending items are often sold on wholesale websites. One of the most important things you can do to see if a seller is legit is to look at the sellers reviews. Make sure you have only used 5 or less hashtags in your item description. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Honest is always the best policy in life and, in Depop selling! If someone is giving you too much of a story, whether a sob story, that theyre using a friend/family members PayPal, their PayPal is down at the moment, or anything like that, be wary. It looks nice. What this means for you: - Reach new buyers by giving them more ways to pay, - You'll be paid directly into your bank account, - You'll be able to see all your sales without leaving the app, - You'll be able to offer refunds without leaving the app. recently this has changed and they have are rolling out Depop payments. x, Hey Kat, I think youre right to be worried & I would report the seller to Depop & cancel the payment on Paypal xx. There's very little protection for the sellers- and it takes 10days to receive your funds, even though Depop takes fees. Before giving the refund, youll be given 2 options of whether to allow or decline the process. packaged in the condition sold. The main photo of the product is very important, so please use a picture that shows off the best sides of the items that you are listing. It says the item has been shipped, and I messaged the seller for proof of postage/tracking, but theyve ignored my message. Remember, I have never had to use any of my footage but its my insurance to protect , Does anybody know why this happens? If you source standout items and work hard on making your shop unique, you can see impressive growth for your business. If you're looking to ship using USPS Regional boxes, you will no longer have the option to send them at Regional Rates. This is the importance of staying within the app for your purchases so you can have Depop + PayPal protection. The support team responds promptly though. - Items from your wardrobe (whether new and unworn or preloved), - Thrifted clothes - clothes you find at yard sales, from friends and families wardrobes, on marketplaces, at thrift stores or rag houses, - Items in different conditions (brand new, like new, used - excellent, used - good, and used - fair). Ummmm how about yes! Make money Sell your clothes. With used items, its a good idea to be honest and let your buyer know what they should expect from the item. Once you're on your profile, you'll see listed all the items or listings you have created. P eer-to-peer app Depop was founded in 2011 to help people sell pre-loved clothes and to allow shoppers a circular way to indulge their love of fashion. 4 8 Depop gets plenty of messages they know they "The better the photo, the quicker it sells," she told me. Preloved. app scamming their customers that nspend money marketing dollars to come to the I recently purchased an iPhone through Depop for 300, made sure to check with the seller that they would send next day signed for/tracked delivery and paid safely through depop/paypal with buyer protection. Well there you have it, my 5 top tips for getting your stock moving on Depop. You will also be charged a standard transaction fee by either PayPal or Depop Payments of around 2.9% + /0.30. For vintage clothing or clothing without tags, add the measurements for the item to help buyers know how it will fit. I'm really confused 5 2 Related Topics It may be that the scammer is scamming both a buyer and a seller at the same time without their knowledge. Question . Can you advise ? If y'all remember I posted how I got banned for hashtags that were FINE. You'll most likely be more interested in deleting the listing if it garnered bad reviews or bad comments, but you'll want to keep the listing and instead mark it as sold if it got a lot of good reviews and comments that could help your Depop store. I think selling in small batches can actually work better than overwhelming people with a large upload so just sell what you can when you can x. Work-flow can help the Cash-Flow. Do you have any resources to help guide other new online business owners? Here are our 21 actionable tips for selling on Depop. Sellers are responsible for listing the postage cost in their item description. Congrats, youve now created an account and are ready to get started learning how to sell on Depop! Ive sold hundereds of packages on Depop and I conduct all my transactions via the app. We do this to prevent other users from buying items from sellers that are potentially not using the app. Depop is trying to make money they are also investing a lot into infrastructure to build a formidable platform to last for some years and also now they have investors who will be looking for profits in the short term so trust and believe they are going to try to make, Depop's platform works like a shoppable Instagram, and just like Instagram, Depop utilizes tags/hashtags to, You keep hearing of how important Depop packaging is, but you may wonder how far, One way many sellers choose to get rid of Depop fees is to have an. You can offer free shipping to catch buyers attention try adding this to your bio or description to let them know. Depop is safe to buy from! Its important to use words that potential buyers might search when looking for an item like yours. After your logo has been selected, youll then need to write a bio for your shop and what its about and what you will be selling. Though we know waiting isn't ideal, if you are an iPhone user using version 2.3 or above of Depop, this label . flakey person I video record my shipments, so that there is proof that it was Double check you're not using any offensive, abusive, or prohibited terms in your description. Since I disclosed it and show the tags therefore they cannot go back and say I sold them a fake. Your email address will not be published. Ive never had any issues conducting business in this upfront way. Option 1. Take different types of photos. Then start sorting through potential stock for your own shop, and youll find that its easy to get started with just a few items. Ive never had any issues regarding receiving payments, etc because it is so simple to do business when you do it the right way. Has this happened to anyone else? You can do this by detailing its condition in the description. You can check out the process and the brands here. You bio is also a great tool to carry that honesty where you can cite your selling and shipping terms. Weather you sell on Depop already or, are just now considering it, these tips will help you along the way. Any yellow tones that come through on these white background are then removed with the whitening feature on the photo editing app FaceTune this adds more work but the pieces are far more likely to sell. When we brought up the fact that the dress she sold was a fake, she apologized saying she is selling for someone else. If [], Beginner's Guide to Finding Etsy Best Sellers, A comprehensive guide to Finding Freelance Writing Jobs for Beginners, 10 Best Sites to Make Money as CAPTCHA Typers, All Rights Reserved. Scammers are also creative so there may be other types of scams that we may not be aware of. If for some reason there is a problem with the item being delivered, etc trust me the customer will contact you. Here are some of the top questions that we get asked about selling clothes on Depop. Yes, you can sell used clothing on Depop. which is why we recommend only doing this on items that haven't sold in a while. But as with many other online marketplaces, scammers managed to get their way in. 5) Take clear photographs You really don't have to be a professional photographer to sell on Depop. This is how I handle the fake buyers on Depop. 2) Inform your buyer by sending them a message. Hi how long does it usually take to sell something on depo? 3 Go to the listing that you want to mark as sold. Try listing your item using only WiFi or mobile data. Ive added in a shipping fee for each of my items listed for sale, but I cant see this noted in the item info. and insulate yourself with a protective This phrase is guaranteed to attract attention! "It's about the aesthetics." Make sure that you list regularly, use five trendy hashtags, execute all listing fields, and refresh your items daily. If someone is able to do this, that means there are better deals that they know. Also, tags such as like, similar, and best offer are not allowed. I definitely really liked every bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to look EDIT: Contacted the Depop team and they let me know what was going on. Depop, a London startup that has built an app for individuals to post and sell (and mainly resell) items to groups of followers by way of its own and third-party social feeds, has closed a. That said, a little bit of effort with your photography on Depop goes a long way. Sometimes you can get a feel for their personality. Describe your item in a way that will make it stand out among all the other items on Depop. Scammers are creative and they certainly have to be because people catch on to them. Hello, Im new to Depop. All quotes and testimonials included below were provided in response to that request and represent the sellers own opinions. I had a international customer in the EU (which has certain rules about returns, etc) return a package to me due to buyers remorse. Manage Settings Read more about prohibited items on Depop in our blog post. Your items will go inactive if you haven't used Depop for a while. Next, you need to guard Depop obviously has the option for the seller to pay for shipping or the buyer. Step 3: Write a bio about your shop and what you're selling and tap on 'Next'. As my mom says a quite priest never got a parish so, by that standard you need to use platforms that people check regularly to shout about whats happening on a platform that they dont. Buying second hand is not only affordable for low-income people and students, but it's also an accessible way to make shopping more sustainable. I've also found buyers and potential buyers quite rude. There is no repeat business when a seller scams, so most of the people are legit sellers. For more information about how I was able to build sales quickly with no followers check out this article. 2 Go to your profile page. The message says something along the lines of Hey Im interested:message me AT: Username200:::@::: G:::m:::a:::i:::l::::Com Thanks or a similar message with a phone number instead. occurring. Why do you make items inactive? On Depop, you will be able to list an item for sale in just a few seconds. It's easier than. A sub for discussing all things Depop. There are many legit buyers and sellers as with any other online marketplaces. Communicate only via the Depop app. I have a few questions. You will also have to add a description, your location, a fitting category, some hashtags, and of course the price of the item. For one thing, it's a big and active marketplace with lots of different kinds of buyers and sellers. when reselling. However, trading is definitely a method to get scammed on Depop. When you talk about using hashtags, do you include those hashtags in the description? But what goes up has since come down. Sellers who post items frequently are seen more by potential buyers which allows them to gain more followers and a larger fan base. Yes, when they go to pay itll automatically be added to the cost. Add more light to your photos. Absolutely youll find clothes in all sizes on Depop. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'fulfilledmerchant_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_7',126,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-fulfilledmerchant_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); Another easy way to get scammed on Depop or any other selling platform that uses PayPal as a payment is being asked to change the shipping address other than the one on PayPal. Hi Sarah, this article helped a lot i was just wondering, at the moment i do not have a massive amount of clothes to sell, did you ever have this problem at any time? Its unfortunate that there is so much talk that Depop is a scam with articles, forums, and Facebook groups all pointing with screen shot evidence how Depop safety is an issue. Another scam we often see, especially when it comes to sellers that sell fakes, is asking to be messaged first before buying. You only get charged when the sale is made through Depop directly x. Hi, I have just started selling on Depop, and your advice is so helpful, so thank you for sharing with us! The item information. PayPal especially doesnt play that mess with scamming and is very sensitive to this kind of thing! Find more information on Depop Payments and how payouts work. As a legit seller, you can still get scammed on Depop. The worst that could happen is that you spend money that eventually will be refunded and your time is wasted. Check the following: Your connection. You can also check the transaction on the Depop website by clicking on your active listings. The next step of learning how to sell on Depop is understanding how to set up your account. Though we know waiting isn't ideal, if you are an iPhone user using version 2.3 or above of Depop, this label will expire in 30 days and when that happens both parties will be able to leave feedback. Im really confused, maybe you have multiple sizes? I block them. Ive had items posted for co UK pke months now with no luck. You will not have any buyer protection. As someone whos sold on Depop for 3 years now and on Ebay for many years before that Ive developed quite a knowledge on how to sell ( and buy!) Why can't I check out? Item not showing as sold I sold an item about half an hour ago and got a notification from depop and an email from PayPal saying I had received the money. Dont pay or accept bank transfers, cashiers checks, certified checks, or any other form of payment that is not through the app. In both cases, neither PayPal nor Depop can help you recover your money. Dont forget to check my Depop @icomeundone to see how I apply the above ideas to my own account and be sure to follow me on Instagram to see when new stock is uploaded. However scammers exist everywhere corporate America, government, your scamming behind EX!!!! Marking an Item as Sold 1 Open Depop. Sign up to Depop. xx, Hi, I have just started selling on Depop and eBay and found your site very helpful. Not only that but if you are selling on multiple platforms such as eBay and Depop, please think about how much each platform will charge you in fees. Do you have tips for editing photos? As it stands, the fast fashion industry is a major contributor to landfills, producing 25 billion pounds of waste per year in the US alone. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. This will give your buyer an idea of what the item is like and how worn it is because unexpected damage or flaws on an item can be frustrating for a buyer to receive.