1-800-MY-APPLE, or, Sales and (I've tried disabling this, but no change in the sync issues). For example, your Apple TV should automatically select the highest quality audio compatible with your television, but it may not be compatible with all the content youre watching. Happens with our new Apple TV, but only on Netflix and only with shows where the Dolby logo pops up in the right hand corner at the start.Id assumed it was just a Netflix bug. Please refresh the page and try again. Wait until Apple TV downloads the update. It skips and the audio gout awry within 10 seconds and never catches back up. For example, the Netflix app may work differently when downloaded directly on your Smart TV than it does when downloaded on your Apple TV, or it may require various settings to be customized to optimize performance through that device. At first glance, it looked as though the sound troubles could be traced back to the Apple TV app, with users saying movies bought or rented through the service would play without audio. According to multiple reports on Twitter, the Apple TV problem cropped up in July and seemingly impacts newly purchased or rented content, as well as content streamed by third-party services.. I have a stereo pair of two original HomePods paired to an Apple TV 4K (the model that came out with the click pad remote, not the latest Siri Remote) and this has been happening for a while and I thought maybe updating to 16.1 would fix it but it hasnt. Im not sure why this has occurred especially given the cost of two homepods. My setup is: Apple TV > HDMI > Philips OLED TV > optical > Sonos Soundbar. Thank you for confirming there are no differences in audio formats with both setups. Yes, brutal sync issues with 14.5. Perhaps I am seeing a different issue, but when the sound stops working, I simply reboot the Apple TV, and that brings it back. Earlier, the issue was more pronounced on Apple TV, but now other platforms seem affected as well. Please help. No problem when the Apple TV is plugged on the TV but I lose ATMOS. PS. quaffle, User profile for user: I've done some other test with my hardware: The same happens in all refresh rates (60,50,25,24hz), video modes (SDR,HDR,DV) and with frame matching on or off. It looks like a BAD UPGRADE. Really frustrating that this feature doesn't work. dfried1, User profile for user: I made sure to test multiple apps, content and frame rates to make sure I wasn't imagined it. Especially the audio in movies dropping out. aigars16. After upgrade to tvOS 15 airplay audio is out of sync. AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site. Powered by Xenforo, Hosted by Nimbus Hosting, Original design Critical Media Ltd. This is really blowing movie nights by the way. Sep 30, 2021 3:56 PM in response to David Camps-Campins1. Well, very happy with the sound but very disappointed with the audio lag. While the betas contain new features, they also contain pre-release bugs that can prevent the normal use of your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, or Mac, and are not intended for everyday use on a primary device. ask a new question. For those times when you don't want to disturb others in your home, but you still want to listen to your favorite movie or TV show, go with the Apple AirPods 2. Aug 22, 2021 12:06 PM in response to Ccastle84. Under Calibration, click Wireless Audio Sync. Any time this happened with mine, I would force quit the app & Restart Apple TV. The streaming platform also keeps one glued by allowing them to choose from a collection of 200+ live TV channels. 2 Kudos Reply All Topics Previous Topic Next Topic 8 REPLIES jpicco Copyright 2000-2023 M2N Limited E. & O.E. The result is oversaturated colors that give skin tones and hair a seemingly frame matching etc. provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations This was not happening in earlier versions of tvos (it POSSIBLE it was happening in 15.1 and I just missed it, certainly not happening in 15.0). Source, Can anyone tell me what can be done to sync the audio to the video when playing back? So frustrating! Before I transmited audio to external yamaha ysp-5600 and everything was worked perfectly! Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, It starts off fine but after about 5-10 mins it's completely out of sync with the video and completely unwatchable. Your iPhone and Apple TV are put through a series of tests that includes the playing of sound tones. For the past few weeks, many of them have voiced their concern that the Plex app is bugged with audio sync issues on their Apple TV. Refunds, Update the software on the iOS device you set up HomePods with, Turn off both Dynamic Range and Frame Rate under Settings->Video & Audio->Match Content, Do the calibration again under Wireless Audio Sync, Turn on both Dynamic range and frame rate under Match Content. Apple TV audio sync issue Does anyone else have problems streaming CBS All Access on a 3rd Gen Apple TV (A1469)? If you're moving a lot of data around, you want more ports than the Mac tends to offer and they have to be fast. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information Darryl0289, User profile for user: Although it must be noted that no official ETA has been shared for the time being. Here's why, iPhone 14 or not, this keychain accessory can use satellites to help save your life, Apple is planning on bringing ads to Apple TV Plus, here's the proof, New York AirPods Max wearers targeted by moped-riding thieves, Ridley Scott's insanely expensive Apple TV Plus show recasts main character due to 'on-set altercation', Read everything from iPhone to Apple Watch, Mags delivered straight to your door or device. Watching ESPN last night during the baseball game the sync was so off the on camera was unwatchable. But most of all, when playing a TV show from Apple TV+ yesterday, I noticed a huge delay in audio. Please help! For now I try to downgrade to tvOS 14. This thread leaves me to believe its not just my tv. Then we suggest checking the audio settings on your Apple TV. Ahead of Apple's full CarPlay overhaul later this year, we wanted to highlight a few of our favorite apps for Apple's in-car system. To start the conversation again, simply On Apple TV: There's a long list of awesome accessories for Apple TV, including these three: Logitech Harmony Elite (opens in new tab) ($300 at Amazon). By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. My setup is: Apple TV > HDMI > Philips OLED TV > optical > Sonos Soundbar. Happening to me too across multiple apps including Apple TV+. This website uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. Hes currently iMores lead on all things Mac and macOS, although he also loves covering iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. After endlessly messing around with audio delay settings on the TV and Sonos, I'm certain that the issue is actually coming from the Apple TV itself. captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of Future US, Inc. Full 7th Floor, 130 West 42nd Street, Here's how the Galaxy S23 compares against the iPhone 14 Pro. That's why we strongly recommend staying away from developer previews unless you need them for software development, and using the public betas with caution. Spoke to support over the phone, no fix in sight, no way to downgrade from tvOS 15 Really disappointed. Those affected can try it as a potential workaround and see if it helps. Fortunately, Plex has acknowledged the issue and assured its users that they are working on fixing it. Rebooted the router. One HomePod mini, AppleTV 4K. Audio still out of sync from ATV to home pods. Sync issue also appears to be pretty consistent across Netflix, Hulu, etc - so not just one platform. If I pause and immediately play it is resynced. The No. It makes things basically unwatchable. Apple TV 4K Review Apple TV buyers guide Apple TV users guide Apple TV news Apple TV discussion Buy at Apple (opens in new tab) Buy at Amazon (opens in new tab). I have tried changing TVs, HDMI cables, streaming apps, audio source, etc. Thats why I bought these. Hyper's new hub aims to be just what you need. Agree, sync calibration seems to make it worse than if you didnt do it. That said, we will keep an eye on the bug where some users face audio sync-related issues on Apple TV and other platforms while playing content on the Plex app and update this story as we come across any new information. We did come across a potential workaround that may help solve the problem for some. The issue seems to have popped up on Apple TV after the tvOS 16 update arrived a few months back. tvOS 14.6 beta 2 adds refresh rates to settings and fixes wireless audio sync. After update to tvOS15, sound and audio become more and more out of sync with time. Apple 4K TVs lip sync audio out of sync A quick google search suggests this is a common problem. Head here. Works great for years. Same here, I have a HomePod mini and Apple TV 4K, all on 14.5, and the audio is just out of sync. (Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) I have tried all of your suggestions without any improvement. only. The issues occur with all streaming services but seem to be slightly worse on YouTube than other services. Both devices must be on the same home network and signed into the same Apple ID. For quite some time I have been having an issue with my apple tv 4k and Match frame rate settings. Under Default Audio Output, make sure that the room with HomePod or HomePod mini is selected. Countless docks aim to bring more ports to Apple users, but the HyperDrive Thunderbolt 3 Mobile Dock specifically targets MacBook Pro owners. I use an AppleTV 4 (HD) with HDMI to a beamer and the audio is going to a AppleTV 3 to feed it optically into my HiFi. Oct 8, 2021 6:36 PM in response to Ccastle84. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I've run the wireless audio calibration multiple times (with my iPhone), reset and wiped the whole device, calibrated on different format modes, and it still isn't syncing. The feature is baked into the latest iOS 13 developer beta. It either starts buffering, loses sync with the audio track or loses audio altogether. Hasnt been a problem in the past. There are zero problems when using apps such as Netflix, Amazon, ATV+ directly on my ATV. I have tested with them and it's still not a problem. Any idea what the problem might be. The problem is that apple took out the option to calibrate all formats for 24hz. I tried all the 16 codes available under the find my model portion on the Directv menu for programming an audio device & none of them work. Been having this exact same problem with my AppleTV 4K and two homepods. Logitech offers a full lineup of remotes that are compatible with Apple TV at various price points. I now have a denon x3700h, to also play ATMOS content as I have those speakers. The audio sync issue is such that the audio appears to be AHEAD of the video, and as such, adjusting audio delay further through the soundbar isn't an option. Restarting and resetting the homepod and after calibrating the audio numerous times, it didn't fix the issue unfortunately. AirPods 3rd Gen audio sync issues with Apple TV 4K, I upgraded to the AirPods 3rd Gen from my existing 2nd gen so I could experience spatial audio. after updating the iOS, my tv starts going out of time when I AirPlay the sound. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. However, the audio will drop again anywhere from about 30 seconds up to maybe 5 minutes later. Since Apple has not made any comments so far, it is unclear whether the tech giant even considered it as a problem or not. Oct 8, 2021 11:23 PM in response to Ali_E1. Update the software on the iOS device you set up HomePods with Try restarting them first. Oct 8, 2021 11:21 PM in response to ayrtonoc. Or even restart the show from the beginning. After a fresh run of the wireless audio sync it has fixed the problem and is beautifully in sync! Earlier, the issue was more pronounced on Apple TV, but now other platforms seem affected as well. Google discontinued the Chromecast Audio and Chromecast Ultra. Apple TV 4K, Audio is out of sync from video and delay increases over time. DocMultimedia, call Apple TV audio/video sync issues Lately I've been having difficulty with lagging audio to video syncing with my Apple TV 4K. For more information, please see our Brand names used in our stories are trademarks of respective companies. Im hesitating recommending this to my clients as I will be dealing with service calls all the time. Ever since mine updated, the AirPlay stutters and send everything out of sync on all apps. I have run Netflix through my (smart) TV and had no problems with audio (its the same TV I have the Apple TV connected to). Yes, that's happening on my M1 Mac, but not on my Intel Mac.Also, most CBS videos, but not all, appear to demand money to watch, even though I'm subscribed to Paramount+.Both of these symptoms started at the same time for me. Starting to regret buying a pair of HomePods when they first came out to go with my ATV. The hypothesis, however, does not account for audio trouble experienced on third-party hardware. Sync issue also appears to be pretty consistent across Netflix, Hulu, etc - so not just one platform. Irritating The sounds you hear when hovering over different apps lags significantly. Only from Apple TVs to either of my receivers am I having this problem. Here's how it compares to the 2022 13-inch MacBook Pro with M2. Note: This issue applies to some TV models released in 2019 or later. ArnoldL51, call Changing between audio formats doesnt do anything (a suggestion I saw when researching the topic). The sound issue appears to be sporadic, affecting some users and content while leaving others unscathed. JavaScript is disabled. One of Satechi's newest docks is the Pro Hub Slim, which adds seven additional ports to the latest MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models. ayrtonoc, User profile for user: One could get rid of the issue by switching to the Infuse client. Trying to watch football this morning on the Spectrum TV app, and the audio keeps falling out of sync and resyncing every 30 seconds. The oriGrid by tinyRigs is a versatile and portable organizer designed to accommodate the Magic Keyboard and iPad, providing a multi-functional solution for on-the-go productivity. Apple's update to the 16-inch MacBook Pro adds the M2 Max to an already fantastic notebook, a change to satisfy creators and power users. However, affected users may not have to wait for long as an upcoming tvOS update might address the audio out of sync issues. Does one sound better than the other? Everything was just fine before the 14.5 update and now it's a shambles. I initially had it plugged into the AV Receiver but was having lip sync issues so plugged into HDMI 4 on the TV which allows for Dolby Vision. Again, this seems to happen most frequently with Netflix and HBO Now. This is still based on our speculation as the said issue has not been acknowledged by the tech giant so far. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It either starts buffering, loses sync with the audio track or loses audio altogether. Most movies/shows are 24hz format and will always be out of sync until we can calibrate under that again. Only thing is since my soundbar does not have HDMI 2.1 ports, Id rather run the ATV straight into the TV if at all possible. Fix? However, Apple TV set-top owners have suffered similar problems in third-party apps. Yup, Ive reset the lot and both HomePods, the Apple TV, and iPhone are all running 14.5. The lag seems to be a few ms, just enough to be annoying and create an echo. Complete mess. Same thing here using airplay with my demon amp after updating tvOS to 15. The Tom Hanks WWII movie . All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the. Under Audio Return Channel, select Play Television Audio. Really really unacceptable. I assume that going via the AVR first is a must for UHD content that is delivered by a player or local media server, so that you can use other formats like TrueHD / DTS etc? PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on breaking or exclusive news. The problem happens multiple times on every episode I play, currently NCIS. Here's how the Galaxy Book 3 Ultra compares against the 16-inch MacBook Pro. You can't hear the test tone when airpods are connected. Reportedly, the issue is limited to the Plex app. Go into settings/ video and audio/ calibration and select wireless audio sync and follow along. - YouTube Community Skip to main content YouTube Help Sign in Google Help Help. User profile for user: To Restart them, from the Home App in HomePod settings - choose Reset - then Restart, Apr 28, 2021 10:10 AM in response to Vancouver22. ask a new question. Refunds. This problem has been present for months but has gotten significantly worse recently. NY 10036. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. 'Drive to Survive' producers set to make MLS documentaries for Apple TV+, Sparkee portable charger review: Two portable chargers in one, Apple Watch ban threat, layoffs, and Jony Ive's red nose February 2023 in review, Satechi Pro Hub Slim review: Good port expansion for Mac, on a budget, Daily deals March 4: $400 off M1 Pro 14-inch MacBook Pro, $100 off iPad Air, $50 off Apple Watch Ultra, more, Apple's vice president of cloud engineering departs in April, Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Ultra vs MacBook Pro 16-inch - compared. This occurs when using Appletv app on a TCL tv. I have a high speed cable and running sound via hdmi . A Reddit user highlighted that the tvOS 14.6 beta 2 update addressed the wireless audio sync issues but some users were still facing them on the said tvOS beta version. It has been theorized that the problem lies with Apple's native device video player as apps that don't use the protocol, like YouTube, play back sound without issue. I haven't yet figured out the exact common factor, but it seems to be occurring with LARGE video files predominantly, not smaller ones (mostly, but not always 4k videos, usually not 1080p videos). This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support, Aug 13, 2021 9:15 PM in response to Ali_E1. Makes viewing intolerable. This issue can occur if the audio format of the HDMI device is set to bitstream output (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, etc. It was on there for TVos 14.4 and have no idea why they took it out. It was all beautifully synced before the update :(, Apple TV 4K, May 1, 2021 8:39 PM in response to JoppeA. Have exactly the same issues with the audio advanced to the picture. LG TV picture settings set as recommended by "@sonoftumber" in the LG TV owners' thread. This is how it stacks up against Apple's counterpart, the new M2-based 14-inch MacBook Pro. only. Just updated to the latest 14.6 release (version released yesterday). Alternatively, one could try turning on the Match Dynamic range and Match Frame Rate settings from the Match content option located under Video and Audio settings. All of my devices are running 16.1 and everything is on the same Wi-Fi network. There are some shows that appear to be doing this when theyre not, if they are dubbed versions. The only requirement is that your iPhone is close enough to your television for it to hear the sound. Any other ideas? I saw IOS 15.1 be released and assumed they released it on all products, the working TVOS is 15.1 (19J5560d), User profile for user: I've just reinitialized the ATV yesterday with no luck. Check your audio sync options, it's probably anywhere from 0 to 300 milliseconds. Apple TV users recently got the tvOS 14.5 update with several improvements but it also broke an existing functionality. If I restart it, the problem is temporarily fixed, but after about 5 minutes of watching Netflix or hbo now, the audio will start lagging. But recent updates to the Plex app are likely to be the culprit on other platforms. I swapped other Apple TV devices from elsewhere in the home into the problem room and the sync problem persisted. With Wireless Audio Sync, your handset is used to identify and correct audio problems that sometimes occur when an Apple TV uses secondary speakers. I am available to assist in any troubleshooting. May not work for everyone, and should be installed with caution as it's impossible to downgrade to an earlier firmware - but this has solved the issue for me. Although if you reset the Apple TV you would have installed the latest versions of other apps. Samsung's February notebook launches include the Galaxy Book3 Pro 14, featuring a Dynamic AMOLED display and a 13th-gen Intel processor. Samsung's Galaxy S23 Ultra is a high-end smartphone that aims at Apple's iPhone 14 Pro with a 200-megapixel camera and a high-resolution 6.8-inch display, as well as a stylus. SpWargo, call Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. I updated my HomePods and AppleTV HD to 14.2. You're now asked to tap on a notification box that's on a nearly iOS device to begin the sync process. That said, we will be back with more details as and when new information becomes available so stay tuned. For example, commentators will be talking about the current play, and 30 seconds later, the audio skips backwards, and starts replaying audio from 2 minutes ago. What can I do? I love technology and like to talk about the latest news in the Tech industry. Apple drops full trailer for 'Ted Lasso' season 3, Apple TV+'s 'The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse' wins four Annie awards, iPhone 14 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - compared, 14-inch MacBook Pro vs Galaxy Book 3 Pro 14 - compared, Samsung Galaxy S23 vs iPhone 14 Pro - compared, M2 Pro 14-inch MacBook Pro vs M2 13-inch MacBook Pro, 2023 16-inch MacBook Pro vs 2021 MacBook Pro - compared, 16-inch MacBook Pro with M2 Max review: Newfound performance, in same great design, HyperDrive Thunderbolt 3 Mobile Dock review: Convenient port expansion for MacBook Pro, Hyper Thunderbolt 4 Power Hub review: Fast connectivity for demanding users, tinyRigs Leather oriGrid review: Organize while mobile. Also a photographer when in the mood. I think that timing protocol (PTP) that use Airplay2 for multiroom is used also for lip sync in 15.0 on AppleTV. Dear Apple, i've done half of the job for free, now it's your turn to fix the issue. Why is there no student checking it with some devices before they roll it out? Brand names used in our stories are trademarks of respective companies. Want to know more about us? I can hear the clicks when moving between app tiles, or opening an app. Spotify native support on Apple HomePod: Here's what we know, Some Manifold Garden players on PS5 unable to get free upgrade from their PS4 version, fix in the works. Tv is an LG cx and I use Apple TV 4k for all my content. If you depend on your devices, wait for the final release. These workarounds involved tweaking the Wireless Audio Sync calibration and Match Frame Rate option. So disappointed after a so boring release without new features, that even broke things that usually worked, Sep 30, 2021 4:10 AM in response to ayrtonoc. I have Dolby enabled incl. 141. When I connect my ATV to my soundbar, and then connect my soundbar using eArc to the TV, the audio/video seem to sync perfectly. I've reset my AppleTV and two homepods and it still won't sync. Again, this was NOT an issue until my Apple TV updated. This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes You might try to reach out to Netflix or HBO to see if there are settings within the app that need to be adjusted. I just updated my Apple TV 4K and this same thing started happening to me today. The service also helps one organize media from personal collections and online services. omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. frame matching etc. YouTube TV audio is out of sync with video. You'll know ARC or eARC is turned on when it says On (ARC) or On (eARC). Just recognized when switching off/reset audio sync within the apple tv 4k setting (don't run a new setup!) The "bad" ones are consistently bad, good ones always good. 1-800-MY-APPLE, or, Sales and ).To fix this, follow these steps: Change the audio format of the HDMI device to PCM.Refer to the HDMI device manual for information on how to change the audio format. captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Celkins0, User profile for user: Their mouths arent moving in sync with the sound. I have reset both sets of devices, I get navigation sounds over the HomePods, but once a video starts playing the sound comes out of the horrible tv speaker. On Apple TV: Click on the Settings app on the Home screen. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited, What to Do if Video and Audio Wont Sync on Apple TV, Bypass Your Receiver for Video and Check Your Cables, iOS 13 or iPadOS problems and how to fix them -, How To Fix Messages and iMessage Problems in iOS 11, iMessage not working iOS 13 or iPadOS? How can they mess it up at generation 15 ? On my brand new Apple TV 4 K i tried to watch HAYU tv. company number 03997482, registered in England and Wales. Tried everything without luck. Also, my picture is slightly glitchy. tvOS 15, Sep 25, 2021 5:36 AM in response to aigars16. Apple TV hdmi to projector, audio Airplay to Yamaha RN602 which only support Airplay 1. Privacy Policy. Since tvOS 14, when using airpods pro with Apple TV, the dialogue is wildly out of sync. Thanks to its large catalog of content, one can enjoy thousands of hours of video playback. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information The test itself doesn't require further interaction. Really hope 14.5.1 fixes this. Apple has added powerful new M2 Pro and M2 Max chips to the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro. My device is set to auto update and is current. Please investigate the root cause. But I have had nothing but problems. AppleInsider is one of the few truly independent online publications left. Users have been facing audio sync issues while syncing the stock TV speakers with HomePods or other wireless speakers. I'm about ready to sell this thing and buy Apple TV. Apple AirPods 2 (opens in new tab) (from $159 at Apple). User profile for user: Makes the Apple TV useless, only YouTube works on it for me now," said Twitter user Ben Meighan-Carey.