The Mark II GL is built for left-handed shooters and offers user-adjustable AccuTrigger technology for crisp, customized trigger pulls. Likewise, fewer still can match the quality and reputation for customer service of Henry Repeating Arms. For more information, visit ruger.com, Left-handed rifles have come a long way and the Apex Hunter XP Left Hand from Savage Arms proves just that. From semi-auto AR-style rifles from Stag and Rock River Arms to rimfire turnbolts from CZ to target and tactical bolt rifles from Savage, there is a long list of gun-makers who are catering to the 10 percent of the population who fire from the left side. Out of Stock. Great Left-Handed Guns, Great Features. compact, rugged and you can hang anything on it. Its been my primary ranch rifle for years, a go-to prairie dog gun, and occasionally pressed into service for deer. $75 for insured shipping No sales or shipping to California, Hawai .Click for more info. Left handed bolt actions, Stag Arms and the Mini 14 safety in the trigger guard. Notify When In Stock. I like the paddle style mag release too. A last point and I'll shut up. This rifle is in great condition and features a 18 inch heavy barrel, B5 Systems pistol grip, BCM foregrip, and a Geissele trigger. Add to Wish List Add to . It isn't a takedown model but I've shot one of those and find it works pretty much as the standard model. I never knew I had it so bad until I actually shot an RDB. The struggle is real. Taurus 24/7 G2 is a great little pistol for lefties. Im talking about semi-auto pistols with reversible magazine releases and similar features. One lever is a safety that allows cocked and locked carry. Beretta APX A1. Ones that I do own and feel accommodate lefties. Kali Parmley, Editor-in-chief of Bakccountry Hunter speaks with Bret Maffet of Franchi Firearms to discuss the all new Momentum All Terrain Elite. I really do appreciate this article, it has helped me to best navigate handguns that a lefty can use. The inertia-driven action is extremely forgiving, functioning perfectly with light 2 -inch target loads all the way up to the heaviest turkey and waterfowl loads. I will definitely check the APX centurion out! Springfield and even straight 1911's (most of the ones I have tried) are more kind with the backsplash and brass then the Glocks are. The non-rotating, Mauser-type controlled round feed extractor has a fixed blade-type ejector that ejects empty cases as the bolt is moved backward, so no more dodging casings on your non-dominant side. You'll now receive newsletters of our best articles on techniques, Not just in offices, they went to law enforcement and competitive shooters to get information on what THEY wanted or didn't want out of a handgun. For the hammer fired crowd that want a truly ambidextrous experience check out the Taurus TH series, right out of the box the safety, slide stop and mag release can be activated from both sides. I am lefty and I shoot P10c - it allows me to shoot with my dominant hand but at the same time, if I need to, I can easily move it to my right hand and still be able to shoot and change the mags by depressing my mag release button with my right hand. Even that's what I'd call "Ambi" &, while "down" is better than "right", I'll be even more excited to learn about a 9mm pistol that "tosses left". Picked it up, marveled at the left side ejection, bolt assist, and brass kicker, then went to work the charging handle, only to see it was a standard righty, then learned it had the righty only safety, AND right hand only mag release (yes, not even ambidextrous for ANY of those controls. How could you not include FN on this list?! Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. It costs around 50 bucks for a frame. A few excellent southpaw-friendly firearms include the (counterclockwise from top) Stag Arms Model 3TL-M, Weatherby Mark V Accumark, Ruger Gunsite Scout, Montana Rifle Company AVR-SS, Steyr AUG, Thompson/Center Pro Predator and the Remington 700 CDL. . One just has to click a button on the side of the receiver to change which direction the brass ejects. Her being left handed. I've built multiple ar15s with them. Beretta is the parent company for Benelli and Franchi. A true LH gun might confuse me for a while until I got used to it, but I think it would be worth the effort. That's ok. I saw someone caught the FN omission already. Several manufacturers produce a large number of left handed bolt action rifles. Best Coyote Cartridge: .223 Remington vs .22-250 Remington, Federal Terminal Ascent Hunting Bullet: Field Review, Predator Hunting with .17 Caliber Rifle: Pros and Cons, Tested Tough - Modern Zeiss Sports Optics. In addition to its looks, the Gunsite Scout has a few other features going for it. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for rare left-handed Lefty Endo Seisakusho EPON AF-303 No. The takedown lever in front of the trigger guard makes the process painless. I have a Browning BAR in 30.06 Thanks for writing! These guns are not out-of-the-box left-friendly but can be made that way with a few swappable parts. The Henry is a modern production version of the Air Force's Armalite survival rifle and works just fine. I love FN pistols! Thanks for calling me on it! Most 1911s can be modified with either left handed or ambidextrous thumb safeties fairly easily. In shotgun parlance, a bend to the right, for a right-handed shooter, is cast off. To the left is cast on. You guessed it: The Bobwhite Southpaw has a cast-on stock for left-handed bird hunters. We have a wide selection of left handed rifles from a variety of trusted manufacturers like Remington, Browning, CZ, Savage Arms, and many more. There arent too many of them around anymore! That's why I need a left-handed gun. To a person they all stopped when they got to the part explaining the real hazards for leftys. Of course, a look at used listings will turn up plenty of earlier Model 94s with angled ejection, a long-proven design in a handful of classic chamberings to include .30-30 Winchester and .32 Win Special. The ones who don't complain about it can be considered "fanboys". Fully left handed. In fact, it is one of the few compact bolt-action centerfires for lefties. And it's not often you can find a good quality left-handed pistol at such a low price as the NO9. The bullpup is fed by a choice of 10-, 30-, or even 42-round magazines. Kevin Steele of Petersen's HUNTING is at the Streamlight booth at SHOT Show 2023 to go over the Bear Trap light from Streamlight. This line never went away until I was out of training and not shooting daily. So I just purchased my first handgun and also a southpaw. As we make purchasing decisions, we need to support the manufacturers who support us. In any event, as a 50+ year shooter of Remington's* fully Left-Handed long arms (Model 700BDL .30-06; and Model 870 12ga. I recently became the owner of the Axe 19 50 of 99, the frame is Gen 4, not able to switch the mag release and the slide lock is only on the left. Big Green has been making a variety of shotguns for left-handers for decades. And as a left-shoulder shooter with right-handed guns, some lessons were "hotly" learned: I now wear long sleeves, large glasses and a cap. At the time of this writing, the company catalog shows a Deluxe Sporting, Carbine, Sporter, Short Rifle, and Trails End Takedown, along with a number of drool-worthy short-run exclusives. Plus, they always go bang! In fact, the company dedicates a webpage to all their southpaw offerings, which includes major offerings like the Scout alongside more budget-friendly options from the Ruger American lineage. Now that adds to finding firearms that work for me. Not all the model variants offer a mirror image, but that growth has not neglected lefties. In the event of a catastrophic failure, hot gases and shrapnel are directed to the right (and/or down), away from the shooters face. Subscriber Services. 7 #7 iron RIFLE 90 S rifl at the best online prices at eBay! The two big exceptions are bolt action rifles and shotguns. Pistol As mentioned in the article I LOVE my H&K VP9. If you thought getting a hot piece of brass on your cheek is a bad experience, you probably don't wear eyeglasses and have a hot piece of brass get lodged between your face and the eyeglasses. Maybe someone out there might know of an altered Glock-compatible frame set up this way? CMT Tactical makes and excellent left handed upper and ambitious lower. Fumbling (thumbling?? One of Americas finest bolt-action production rifles the Mark V series comes from Weatherby, now based in Sheridan, Wyoming. According to Weatherby, any 9-lug action can be ordered in left hand, but not the 6, so thats worth keeping in mind. Raise the bar in 22 LR performance. Interchangeable backstraps allow custom fitting of the gun to the shooter. Stag Arms makes beaucoup ARs, several of which are left-handed 38 left-hand ARs, in fact. So, its appropriate that the Ruger 10/22 would be the first mirror-image left-hand .22 semiauto. There, I said it. Every person i have blessed with letting shoot my Centurion has LOVED it. For those of you who don't know, they have ambidextrous mag releases as well as the passive safeties on the butt and and trigger. Nick, I'm not aware of any strictly LH AKs, although I'm sure they're out there. The Southpaw version is available in 12 and 20 gauge, both with three-inch chambers. The Mossberg 500 & 590 series have an ambi safety (still RH eject though). There are a few really ambidextrous pistols in the market. I think I was tagged in the head once and started wearing ball caps after that. The X-Bolt is designed with a three-lug bolt, rotary drop-box magazine, and bolt-unlock button. Models include CAR A4, Mid-Length A4, Tactical Operator, Standard A4, Predator Pursuit, Coyote Carbine, Coyote Rifle, and Varmint A4. Springfield XDM 45 3.8 Compact We'll send you the latest guides and training tips geared Springfield EMP4 9mm Champion (ambi safety) The overall length of the AUG is just a hair over 28 inches even with a 16-inch heavy barrel, making it significantly more compact than a standard M4 carbine. They use a left-side ejection port and charging handle, along with an ambidextrous mag release. Ruger offers variations on the Gunsite Scout to include different calibers (.308 Win, .350 Legend, .450 Bushmaster) and blue or stainless finish and stocks. MSRP: $889.00. Few lefties (me included), have ever handled a shotgun with proper cast. I wasn't slighting any brand. This leads to losses, and there have been many during the pandemic: Remington firearms all but disappeared; CZ discontinued their big 550 Mauser action, and Mossberg dropped their mirror-image slide-action shotgun. First realize that most handguns are ambidextrous the controls just need to be addressed differently. Yes the loading gate is on the right side so so the gun is in left hand it is reloaded with ejection and loading with the right hand. The left-hand version is 12-gauge with three-inch chamber and black synthetic stock. Check out our full review of the HK VP9 or peep the video review below. $1,718.99. Kali Parmley of Gun Dog Magazine talks to George Thompson from Benelli USA about the new features from the Benelli line in 2023. With ARs theres a special wrinkle: When a lefty shoots a right-hand AR, the hot brass tends to go right down the shirt collar. We have two main actions in this category bolt and semi-auto. Christensen Arms Ridgeline If there's one thing we can say about the Ridgeline from Christensen Arms, it's that it caters to left-handed rifle shooters who need plenty of variety in terms of caliber. Out of the box, the Mark V was a laser, its crisp 3.5-pound trigger making it easy to nail metal silhouettes at 300 yards. Who hasnt heard of Browning guns? Can't understand why the righties insist I take the far-left position on the firing line. Whether seeking the glossy high-grade deluxe models, ultralight versions, or anything in between, lefties dont have to sacrifice build quality and features. The Premier Body Armor Vertx Collaboration Adds More Options, VIDEO: Police Snipers Train for Super Bowl LIV With .50 BMG, More, The MAUSER 98 125th Anniversary Limited-Edition Series, FIRST LOOK: Glock Just Very Quietly Unveiled the New Glock 47 Pistol, Police Sidearms: The Handguns of Americas 10 Largest Departments, Black Creek Labs MRX Bronco, TRX Bronco Hunter Rifles, CMP Surplus Ammo Coming Soon in M2 Ball, .30 Carbine & More, Active School Shooter Training: 14 Key Points to Consider, 5 Strategies For Effectively Completing a Tactical Reload, FIRST LOOK: Colt CBX Precision Chassis Rifle Ready to Compete & Win, 5 Common Myths on How to Survive a Gunfight, Understanding Stand Your Ground Laws and Castle Doctrine, Long-Distance Shooting: 5 Must-Know Tips For Spotters & Shooters, IMPACT Experience Events Redefine Your Long-Range Shooting Limits, Sniper Skills: Taking Your Shooting Precision to the Next Level. I really like the VP9. Rejoice! Let's take a glance at the best guns for left-handed shooters. Not so easy to teach an old dawg new tricks. The 12-gauge A400 Xtreme features Beretta's Blink gas-operated system that utilizes a piston with an elastic band that serves as a gasket. towards your level. No futzing will g swapping mag releases, it sticks out from both sides and can be pushed in either direction. CZ-USA CZ 557 Left-Hand .308 Win Bolt Action Rifle, Oiled Brown - 04871 . As a lefty, I've never been bothered by RH ejections. You can see them on Browning's web site. Before I start throwing photos of guns at you, we need to define a left-handed gun. 45acp. Twenty years ago, virtually none. The Mark V offers a short, 54-degree bolt throw one of the lowest in the industry. Rounding this gun out are 15-round magazines and tritium night sights. The Gen 5 G19 ditches the finger grooves and introduces a newer, textured grip. $ 1,999.00. The 6.3 lb.-Ridgeline comes in seven different chamberings for lefties (6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC, 7mm-08 Rem, 28 Nos, .308 Win, .300 Win Mag, and .300 PRC) and is made with a sporter carbon fiber composite gunstock and a stainless steel radial muzzle brake. I really appreciate this column. The Walther PDP (Personal Defense Pistol) is available in several configurations. (Slide Serrations Aside. You forgot one of my favorites! The companys nine-lug bolts are some of the strongest in the business. All Affinity shotguns have the shock-absorbing TSA recoil pad. Southpaw hunters shopping for an X-Bolt can look to the Hunter, Medallion, or a number of Hells Canyon long-range options. The waterfowl models are also offered in 26 or 28-inch barrels all with 3 -inch chambers. Here are seven great left-handed production firearms you should consider! Its just not a big deal. The only truly ambidextrous firearms, in both operation and safety, are revolvers, break-open guns, falling block single-shots, top-eject lever-actions, and bottom-eject slide-actions and semiautos. Free shipping for many products! Brownings X-Bolt opts for a three-lever Feather Trigger. Style: 57009. For more information, visit savagearms.com, We couldnt have a list of left-handed rifles without throwing in a tactical firearm. Kevin Steele of Petersen's HUNTING is with Dawn Wehunt of Rock River Arms INC. learning about the new Ascendant platform. Like it so far (after a mod or two, cheek weld mainly). The have given me little bit more light at the end of the tunnel. I operate a Tavor X95 with left-side ejection port. You just need to look a little harder and think a little more. my wife is left handed, doesn't like the noise of a 9MM, and ideas for lefties for pistols that she can open carry while hiking? The company sells a left-eject bolt and swapping the ejection port cover completes the southpaw transformation. It is really hard to find reputable information or reviews on the APX series in general, let alone the Centurion. I have multiple handguns, including SIGs, Glocks, S&W, etc but I choose on a daily basis to carry the APX. Since the whole top of the slide is open at the barrel hood, that part wouldn't be an issue - but I'm no gunsmith. Im left handed and didnt see any guns here that would be on my list. Then I hand them my left-handed AR to shoot. Kimber was founded in 1979, and its rifles have been favored by discriminating hunters and shooters ever since. For more information, visit, Comfort is enhanced thanks to the soft-rubber buttpad with spacers which allow the rifle to be appropriately sized for shooters of all sizes. The 110 Elite Precision LH is the chassis rifle for long-range competition, with six chamberings including .300 PRC and .338 Lapua. I was looking for recommendations for a left-handed or bottom eject shotgun. For more information, visit winchesterguns.com. Like most lefties, I grew up with right-handed firearms. I love my Kel-Tec RDB! gear. Two others are left handed Anschutz rifles a 64 Silhouette and a 54 action Free Rifle both also 70s or early 80s vintage. The left-hand version was introduced at the 2022 SHOT Show. Available in a left-handed model, this rifle incorporates one of the smoothest actions on today's hunting market. I have no issues shooting the Glock 17,19,43x or 48 left handed. (Example, the Ruger cross-bolt safety works backwards for me). Maybe another reader who has more experience with one can help us out here. Mark, I agree. And did I mention, this is a good-looking rifle? Shop Left Handed Rifles Now Our Left-Handed Rifle Collection RIDGELINE SUB-MOA GUARANTEE | 6.3-6.8 LBS | RETAIL $1,995 Learn More MESA SUB-MOA GUARANTEE | 6.5-7.3 LBS | RETAIL $1,295 Learn More RIDGELINE TITANIUM SUB-MOA GUARANTEE | STARTING AT 5.8 LBS | RETAIL $2,495 Learn More MESA TITANIUM SUB-MOA GUARANTEE | STARTING AT 6.1 LBS | RETAIL $1,795 As a lefty, Ive had to adapt all my life. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Thanks for the info and interesting read. And thats what were exploring today left-handed rifles and pistols. Scott, I've owned a few 10/22s over the years and have one now. There were actually two production auto pistols made in the last century, the Walther P38 and P5, that eject to the left. When it comes to calibers, the Apex Hunter XP Left Hand is available in 13 different chamberings (.223 Rem, .22-250 Rem, .243 Win, .25-.06 Rem, .270 Win, .30-06 Spfld, .300 Win Mag, .308 Win, .350 Legend, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm PRC, 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm-08 Rem) to support the needs of hunters and long-range shooters of all types. For todays black rifle shopper, it offers one of the most accurate sniper systems available and one of the most iconic rifles ever made. The magazine is the ingenious and long-familiar 10-shot rotary magazine. It cost me a little more but it was well worth it as the rest of my family are RH. Though built as a standard right-handed rifle, many AUGs can be easily convertible to a left-handed version. Savage Arms 110 Tactical Left Hand 6.5mm Creedmoor Bolt Action Rifle. The SX4 left-hand is so new I havent had a chance to shoot one yet, but I look forward to fixing that soon. Anyway, before I saw the Stag disappointment, my son had presented me with a "build" using a RedX Arms (Great company by the way) LEFT HAND upper, and ambidextrous controls on everything, for my retirement. So, the industry complains of poor sales in this sector while ignoring the fact that they're the ones who've sabotaged those sales. History failed to remember that the members of the mounted Calvary would have had their saber in their right hand and the pistol in the left. Even though my Springfield XDM isn't fully ambi, I do like its ergonomics enough to want to acquire an XDM Elite (which is full ambi). Lever-action rifles, by the very nature of using a lever, tend to be more friendly to southpaws than right-handed bolts. 110 TACTICAL LEFT HAND. I cannot shoot my beautiful Bond Arms pistols with my left had at all. Same with the Sig 365. Glock just happened to be the last one I listed. In the milieu of modern sporting rifles, shockingly few production-line AR-15 rifles are built specifically for left-handers. The magazine is designed to feed cartridges directly in-line with the bolt, which should help avoid any feeding issues. Based on Jeff Coopers visualization of the perfect scout rifle short barrel, box magazine for quick reloads, open aperture rear sight, all in a serious caliber the Scout performs well and looks great. One of the commenters here mentioned the palm swell. Rich, I've been a lefty for over 70 years. As to specialty arms two of the prides of my collection are 1970s BSA Martini International Mark IIs. Type your email address and well send The most economical of the three is the Franchi Affinity, a great shotgun. .22 LR, easy to use, best for new or youth shooters, Stag 15 Tactical LH QPQ 7 Complete Rifle. We've gathered a list of the left-handed uppers we think work the best. Do you know where that word comes from? Get Guns.com offers and news!! Calibers run the gamut from .257 Weatherby on up to .460 Weatherby Magnum, including recent additions like the zippy 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum. For once, southpaws neednt sacrifice features for comfort and ergonomics. Just remove the action from the stock, switch over the ejection port cover, and install the left-handed bolt. Now its time to ask why, as a normal right-handed shooter, did I get so interested in firearms designed for the other team? The Bobwhite is a boxlock, double-trigger shotgun with straight English-style grip, checkered walnut stock with black hard-chrome metal finish. One of their longstanding bolt-driven lines, the Model 77, continues its successful run with the Hawkeye familyand numerous southpaw selections. She sure will take some retraining, but for my dream rifle, it will be worth it! Rifles Left Handed Department Pistols Left Handed Rifles Left Handed Shotguns Left Handed Caliber 17 HMR (3) 22 WMR (3) 22-250 Remington (3) 223 Remington (4) 22LR (19) 243 Winchester (6) 25-06 Remington (2) 257 Weatherby Magnum (3) 270 Winchester (4) 270 WSM (1) 30-06 Springfield (5) 300 PRC (3) 300 Weatherby Magnum (3) 300 Win Mag (5) 300 WSM (1) As for firearms, I learned on revolvers. If you are a fan of traditional DA/SA pistols, you might want to check out the P-07 or one of its many variants from CZ they are truly well-built guns. The guns feature American walnut stocks, fully adjustable iron sights, drilled and tapped receivers for optics mounting, sling studs, and a rebounding hammer safety. Ruger has been a good friend to we lefties, offering both the economical American and M77 bolt-action in mirror image versions. While the majority of our focus falls on sporting needs, not all left-handed rifles are geared specifically toward hunters or plinkers. Glock 19 and most of the others pistols are in no way real lefty pistols. Following the success of its initial collaboration with Vertx, Premier Body Armor announces its continued partnership. The forward-mounted Picatinny rail lets shooters optimize the rifle to accommodate lights and lasers as they see fit and the built-in sighting system has an adjustable ghost ring rear aperture sight and a non-glare, protected blade front sight. FNS9 AND FNS9C are the best for us lefties, bar none, mossburg 500 and browning are best shotguns ,safeties are on top , and browning ejects at bottom,.any bolt action rifle with safety in front of trigger. Barrels are 28-inches, with three choke tubes provided (all for both lead and steel). Notify When In Stock. The H&K VP-9 is also a joy to shoot with fully ambidextrous controls. Best Left-Handed ARs In 2023 Reviews Stag Arms Stag-15 M4 LH - Best Affordable AR-15 for Left-Handed Shooters Stag 15 Tactical LH 5.56 - Most Versatile Left-Handed AR-15 Stag 10 Marksman LH 6.5 Creedmoor - Most Accurate Long-Range AR-10 for Left-Handed Shooters Stag 10 Tactical .308 M-LOK Rifle -Best Close Range AR-10 Rifle For Left-Handed Shooters I have always just used right handed rifles. 1. Bolt-action rifle for left-handed hunters. It's a real shame that the APX series (mostly by no ones fault but Beretta themselves) hasn't had the opertunity to excell. If I update this piece, I'll be sure to include one. Springfield 1911s 45s Loaded and Range Officer Elite (both have ambi safeties) I am a cross eye dominant shooter( left eye dominant and right handed) so this is just what I needed in my life. Other factors outweigh that design feature. Thanks for writing! Savage 110 Elite Precision .223 Remington 26" 10+1 Matte Black Receiver Matte Stainless Barrel Titan. Remington Model 700 CDL. Classic, NOT the AR Hybrids. Remington Society. It was also one of the first production hunting rifles to be offered in a mirror-image left-hand version. Here you get a Model 110 rifle with a mounted and bore-sighted 3-9x40mm Vortex Crossfire II scope that features the Dead-Hold BDC reticle for optimal target acquisition. Ive already said that break-open guns are ambidextrous, so what makes the Southpaw a southpaw? Savage is really the go to for southpaws, by the way. The front blade sight is surrounded by ears to protect it, and the adjustable ghost ring aperture rear allows you to adjust the sight for different loads. You cant go wrong with a Glock when all is said and done. As to shotguns I have had some luck finding left handed Remington 870s, Francis, Beretta, and over and under CZs (Huglus). Sturm, Ruger & Co. has long been in tune with the needs of specialty shooters, including left-handers.