How high are those? LMAO!!!!!! You lifted in Cleveland and made your first Elite Total, and pulled a 700 deadlift. What I do is now is not for everyone. The guy loves to feed on the negative and this is the way he runs the gym. AG1 is available in the US, Canada, UK and Europe.[Follow ELITEFTS here!] team[/quote] As Tate prepares to respond to the question, he acknowledges that in all his years of conducting seminars, he probably receives more questions about Chuck than anybody else. Chuck went on to call for 970 lbs on his third attempt, which would make the highest squat for his weight class of all time. However, the point of this post is to highlight the insane squat workout inspired by Chuck Vogelpohl. How about GRIP!?! He is the other half of this absolutely mental squat workout/competition with Vogelpohl. He rolled the rental car three days ago, he told me with this I cant believe this happened look on his face. In order for me to compete in this sport I have to use the best equipment I can. In Chucks case it went beyond that. In truth, Chuck is far from the person that people think he is. For me the enjoyment is planning and organizing the training for myself. In this 135th episode of Dave Tate's Table Talk Podcast, Dave Tate sits down with several of his old training partners from Westside, known as the OG AM crew from Demorest Road. I know that without Rick and the gym I'd have been boozing it up every night instead of getting to the gym and getting stronger. Rick's method is intuitive and essentially zen like. we have 3 teams rick calls them they A,B,and Turd teams.. Dave says he intended to make Chuck look bad and give up during this friendly competition. Expereince? thanks Brad. In some cases, the hype would even stand to detract from his technique. If a lifter cant do a weight he is told to back off. Get the most out of just using bar weight and milk it; you should be able to hit some big numbers with them and chains. 2) Hit the Heavy S**T First - don't be afraid to sneak in some pull ups and ring push ups or abs between sets. They see internet videos of him squatting or deadlifting and going nuts. [quote=Anonymous]my question though is what would happen if someone came to BIG and decided they didn't want to train that way anymore, but still wanted to train at BIG? Alle Mr. Olympia 2022 ERGEBNISSE vom Freitag, Mr. Olympia 2022: Die Men's Bodybuilding-Prognose, Mr. Olympia 2022: Die Classic Physique-Prognose, 5 Debtanten, die beim Mr. Olympia 2022 ganz vorne landen knnten, Fabian Mayr: die sterreichische Olympia-Hoffnung, Vom Amateur zum IFBB Profi | Formcheck im Body Power Studio. Chuck fully takes this teaching to heart, and in doing so has one of the best eyes for dissecting and improving another lifters technique. Moments later, the crowd was on their feet again, and the music was cranked. [/quote] And if they really wanted to be like Chuck, theyd have to be able to do all of that and have the lifting strength to back it up. I would see you had a new interest in powerlifting, and you started to gear up again, just like when you first came to Westside. I have spoke to Louie on the phone as well. Making a comparison to the NFL you guys are the Patriots! Manche dieser Geschichten sorgten dafr, dass Leute denken er sei ein Wahnsinniger. He really makes a lifters life that much easier and BETTER as their numbers show (OVER AND OVER). he tells me that the only reason i have any records is because only women and infants weigh 181. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Chuck came up through Westside. The original plan was to do 8 sets of 2 reps. In this 135th episode of Dave Tate's Table Talk Podcast, Dave Tate sits down with several of his old training partners from Westside, known as the OG AM crew from Demorest Road. [/quote] I could not believe this garage housed a national team. Its also very easy to sit back and ride the glory of the past. Tate agrees that Chuck certainly approaches the platform and his training programs with intensity. I told you that everyone was strong at this meet, but you came late and made only one warm-up with 445 pounds and then had to open with 683. The epitome of Vogelpohl's will to win was demonstrated in a head to head 40+ set squat workout with fellow Westside Barbell lifter, Dave Tate that you'll learn about below. so rather than fall victim to the stricter judging he put his trust in his coach. These things will kill your bar path when you get to heavier weights; this will screw your lift. Chuck Vogelpohl is best known for his record-breaking squats, but he did have a respectful bench and deadlift, especially considering that he suffered from some serious injuries such as a broken neck. Chuck:Oh, yes. At age 41, Vogelpohl had a total of 2,605 lbs, his highest ever. Follow. If you have seen the amazing documentary Westside vs the World, you know that Chuck returns home to train again with Louie Simmons and Westside Barbell.Powerlifting entrepreneur Mark Bell posted a great tribute video to a 1260 lb reverse band squat that Chuck did in preparation for another world record breaking meet shortly after this overloaded training lift. He has not missed a day of training. Wong Clement. EFS: You have a reputation for being intense and hardcore. 4, Das Interview mit dem eisenharten Chuck Vogelpohl (22 Beitrge), Letzter Beitrag von danison I provided lots of education so younger lifters wont make the mistakes we did. The reason B.I.G. I need to pull something heavier than I will pull in a competition. The bands wont make you squat big; check between your legs before you change anything. Its easy to find a diet to follow or a training program to do. So what do I mean by saying he had to do what he had to do? For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. The difference between Westside and B.I.G is Rick actually coaches all his lifters and Lou does not. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Part of my job for the day was to judge as well as run the meet. Becca Swanson Louie:At that time, you were always calling people out in the gym for some kind of a contest in some lift or exercise. Plus, what happened on max effort day I would end up going nuts both days; basically going heavy on both. I recall showing up early, and you would always be waiting for me at the gym a half-hour or three-quarters of an hour before anyone else got there. EFS: The major reason why we wanted to do this interview was to clear things up on your new video, Vogelpohl XXX. [/quote] I let my lifting do the talking. You started handing me Gatorades. Rick understands it and his lifters succeed in proportion to the trust they place in him and subsequently in each other and ultimatley in themselves. Only one week to go. We then went onto our training for the day. Now you have one lifter pulling others away from the main focus and as a coach you can't have that. Chuck squatted 1118 and deadlift after his 633 bench to total 2506. :: 351 registrierte und 1645 Gste, Mitglieder insgesamt 312427 OK, give a football team some drills to run and let them go out and make their own calls. Chuck V: I think people believe that they will be perfect after one year. It's good to see so many people posting about Big Iron. I was amazed at the call, but he was also a friend and teammate so I was also concerned. I figured the day Chuck left Westside was the day that they allowed straps on the deadlift in compeitition doh! Nothing against Rick or BIG, but I think Lou's objective is to provide the lifters with information and then have them think for themselves. Matt always speaks extremely highly of Chuck, the viewer of any of these videos can tell how much reverence Matt has for Chuck. I would do 1,000 sit-ups and lat pulldowns. I was using a ton of tension. [quote=docjim]I have been training at BIG for 3 years and am a proud and probably lifelong member of the Turd team there. For example, on Wednesdays Chuck will bench before J.L and I. I have been wearing the same squat suit for years now and Dave has been helping me design a Metal squat suit. Oh guess who is the cover of the westside web site now? Tommy Fannon's Outlaws board is discussing it here and here. Some lifters are too stupid to know when they cant lift a weight. After the interview I sat down with Dave and talked about what its been like training with Chuck over the past several years. Intentionality; and, chuckvogelpohl Follow Lexen Xtreme 2,920 likes chuckvogelpohl Powerpohl hip thrusters, the gym was pretty loud when I recorded but this exercise is meant to be done at the end of your workout to get blood into your glutes, hips and lower back. is it, nothing else to say but the truth and it is nice that Rick Hussey is finally getting the recognition he deserves. Take your time big dawg! I wore my special Westside t-shirt sans sleeves that day in honor of Chuck]. I'd like to receive the free email course. Louie, I knew you kept track of all our training, and you were always trying to get me to taper back for a meet and not squat all the time and pull a weight sled, but I would not listen. He really makes a lifters life that much easier and BETTER as their numbers show (OVER AND OVER). No, no, no, Dave. He set the weight up and pulled his chest and torso with all the air he could. Nothing against Rick or BIG, but I think Lou's objective is to provide the lifters with information and then have them think for themselves. I put the bands over my shoulder and knew this could change the world, and it did. I transcribed it the best I could. Chuck screamed out for his opening attempt, and I mean SCREAMED. I became only the third to do it with two-hour weigh-ins. Combined, they share 60+ years' worth of Westside experience (at Westside) dating back to when Westside existed out of Louie Simmons' garage to its current location on Industry Drive. I reminded Louie that Chuck had been in two car accidents within two weeks, pulled his glute, and opened with a 40 lb PR that he just got SMASHED with. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Given the amount of respect that people have for him as a lifter, many would be surprised to learn that Chuck has that much more respect for the sport itself. Chuck V: I usually pull above the knee, but it depends. Ask Halbert, he trains early in the morning to avoid Lou. Read on for more about Chuck V and this ridiculous 40+ set squat workout with loads over 300 lbs. Copyright TEAM-ANDRO.com 2023. In the world of strength sports, athletes are typically focused on attaining massive gains in No matter the sport you compete in, possessing high levels of brute strength is never One of the questions we receive most frequently is regarding how we recommend peaking for Make your morning email scroll and coffee stronger. Chuck was taught by the legendary powerlifting coach Louie Simmons to have a critical eye in order to coach every one of this team mates. Chuck is a major part of Westside Barbell and a major part of the Westside Attitude. The only difference is, he really prefers and enjoys to be completely involved in everyone's training. Chuck:Right. Chuck V. You would know better than me. like i said- any level of lifters are welcome. Finally, he ducked under the bar to get ready to unrack the world record weight. He later changed it to 1000 pounds! Price is $400 plus shipping. So, Chuck, when did you meet me and start training at Westside? I learn as much as I can. It's all there for you learn and understand. Anyone who knows Chuck will appreciate the fact he is a man of few words so this interview is brief and to the point. The judge hit louie and he kept calling Chuck down. 3. So if you do approach him, dont expect to get a hug. The judge kept tapping Lou so that Lou could call him up and Lou never did, thus Chuck getting injured. Six days later, we were at the meet and things were running perfectly. Literally, this was one of the most impressive and easiest lifts I have ever witnessed. WATCH:Chuck Vogelpohl's 1100-Pound Squat. I remember thinking to my self, this guy has been in two car accidents in the past two weeks and shows up to the meet with bruises all down his right leg and then somehow manages to pull a glute two days before the meet. Personal Credo: Live, Learn, Pass on.Dave's IG: https://www.instagram.com/underthebar/?hl=enSponsorsMarek Health Marek Health is the telehealth platform that connects customers to partnered providers focusing on hormone optimization and preventative medicineoffering self-service labs at great prices and guided optimization. As I approached, they were rubbing out his quads and his eyes were focused on the ground. Surrender; he tells me that the only reason i have any records is because only women and infants weigh 181. At that moment, Chuck limped in holding a gallon jug of water. Every golfer will tell you about great hits they have made, but the pros do it more often. Can you let us in on what the new fashion trend is going to be? They should put their weights away, help maintain their training environment, and take responsibility for making sure that other lifters in the gym are getting the coaching that they need. I then came to your garage gym on Larcomb on the Westside. Is it based on your total? People sure do like to talk crap about things they don't know anything about. Im just another member of the team. It was NOT so people had a chace to "sucker" punch guys like Rick and his methods. As they strive to make me better, I strive to make them better. Das Interview mit dem eisenharten Chuck Vogelpohl, Arnold Classic 2023: Line-Up verffentlicht, Bodybuilding als Ausdruck selbstverantwortlichen Handelns, Strandfigur 2023: Alle Infos zum kostenlosen Online-Coaching, Arnold Schwarzenegger im Vergleich mit Chris Bumstead, Widerstandstraining: 15 verschiedene Arten von Gewichten. Brad Heck [quote=Paul][quote=Anonymous]Westside has alot of great lifters. This would make him the lightest man ever to do it. am 06 Jul 2011 21:49, Insgesamt sind 1996 Besucher online Tony Acomb (sorry if spelled wrong) who wouldnt want to speed up the learning curve? Practice; Jujimufu just posted this super intense squat workout with his training partner, strongman Joey Szatmary where they attempted to follow a sample squat workout from the powerlifting legend Chuck Vogelpohl. Did he do it? Chuck came up through Westside. besides its a bitch to know whats going on at all with that much weight on your back and that tight of gear. You had won the division from great lifters like Jesse Kellum and Travis Mash, but it was time to do something healthier. WATCH: Chuck Vogelpohl's 1100-Pound Squat Laughing, Coan and Tate reflect back 20 years ago when everyone was trying to emulate Chuck with their beanie hats, popped collars, and cocky attitudes. EFS: You talk about technique in the video. Top 10 Bodyweight Exercises Making You a TRUE Beast! I have never trained elswere nor will i ever, simple, B.I.G. The decisions that most athletes focus on are what theyve done in the past or what will affect their future. First, very briefly, explain how and why you structure your squat and deadlift workouts. EFS: What are you views on powerlifting equipment? 1. It was just my opinion, and with my LIMITED knoweldge, and VERY limited meet/training experience I believe that the BIG IRON way of training is the way to go. Tate alludes to the fact that it takes a village, and coaches should never let their egos get in the way of that community aspect of the sport. But I figured that he would probably learn from this and pick his openers better next time. its more for grouping people together that are similar strength. 4. EFS: So do you still do your speed stuff before you work up to a heavy single or double on the squat? its prety much common practice in multi-ply lifting to have your coach call depth for you. Chuck Vogelpohl with The PowerPohl at Lexen Xtreme, weight and chains on the harness work the lower back About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy .