Required fields are marked *. Place of death. Robertson said his Hollywood exile ended in 1981 when director Douglas Trumbull cast him in a role in Brainstorm, a thriller released in 1983 starring Christopher Walken and Natalie Wood. WebMiss Cynthia Stone, wife of actor Jack Lemmon & Cliff Robertson, died from Cancer on 12-26-1988 in Miami Beach, Florida. held privately. The year you win an Oscar is the fastest year in a Hollywood actor's life. More recently, he played Uncle Ben Parker in the Spider-Man films. "I'm not one of the Golden Six," he commented in 1967, referring to the top male stars of that day. Robertson never elevated into the top ranks of leading men, but he remained a popular actor from the mid-1950s into the following century. WebCliff Robertson, the handsome movie actor who played John F. Kennedy in "PT-109," won an Oscar for "Charly" and was famously victimized in a 1977 Hollywood forgery scandal, The University of Connecticut Huskies confirmed on Twitter. Rumbough was formerly married to Miss Merrill, who is now the wife of actor Cliff Robertson. Cliff Robertson starred as Lt. John F. Kennedy in the 1962 film PT 109. Less memorable was Too Late the Hero, in 1970. But the main idea is to hang in there and not be shoved out the door. her sisters Nina Rumbough of Greenwich, Connecticut and Stephanie This isn't exactly a stable business. Robertsons 1966 marriage to actress Dina Merrill ended in divorce in 1986. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Critic Roger Ebert called Robertson's portrayal "a sensitive, believable one." With thoughts of becoming a playwright, he moved to New York City, where he was advised that the best way to learn about the theater was to get a job in summer stock. Date of Birth. This young naval officer just does things because they have to be done.'. Although described in a Look magazine cover story as The Big Epic that Robertsons career has always needed, PT 109 ultimately didnt do much to advance the screen career of what the magazine called one of the finest young actors in America today.. Cliff Robertson, who died of natural causes on Saturday, a day after his 88th birthday, won a best-actor Oscar for Charly, receded from Hollywood in the wake His parents are Clifford Parker Robertson Jr. and the former Audrey Olga Willingham. Some of us, by nature, are intrigued by the challenge., In that same interview, he reflected on his role in the Begelman scandal, two decades earlier. Released in 1963, it was the first movie to be made about a sitting president, and dozens of actors were considered. His stepson Christopher Clifford Parker Robertson III became a fairly successful leading man through most of his career without ever becoming a major star. What was the cause of death? Cliff Robinson, a former star at UConn who played 18 seasons in the NBA, died at the age of 53, his alma mater announced Saturday. In 1957, Robertson married actress Cynthia Stone. He won the lead roles in RT 109 (1963) and The Most Worthy (1964), which were approved by JF Kennedy, the 35th President. or redistributed. He was also a television spokesman for AT&T for 10 years. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for Charly (1968). Robertson had the most success in war movies. Cliff Robinson, NBA All-Star who played with the Portland Trail Blazers and Phoenix Suns, has died at the age of 53. Robertson, who won an Oscar in 1968 for his performance in Charly, died of natural causes on September 10, a day after his 88th birthday. His family revealed the news of In the 1975 film Three Days of the Condor he played another sinister figure an amoral finagler for a federal spy agency and got more good notices. But he called it a warm and rewarding film and described Robertsons portrayal of the good-natured Charly, who post-operatively falls in love with his teacher (played by Claire Bloom), as a sensitive, believable one., In the wake of his Oscar win, Robertson was a star in films such as The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid, Man on a Swing, Three Days of the Condor and Obsession., He also starred in, produced, co-wrote and directed J.W. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. I never intended to play Don Quixote, he said, and I dont intend to go out looking for more windmills, I can tell you. The actor who played Peter Parkers ill-fated Uncle Ben in the Spiderman films with Tobey Maguire has died of natural causes, his secretary of 53 years has confirmed. WebBorn Clifford Parker Robertson III on the 9th September 1923, in La Jolla, California USA, Cliff was an award-winning actor with a career that spanned more than 50 years. Robertson had created a string of impressive performances in television and on Broadway, but always saw his role played in films by bigger names. Former NBA All-star Clifford Robinson has died at the age of 53, the University of Connecticut Huskies confirmed on Twitter on Saturday. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. The actor dutifully trained his hair to part on the left. WebThe Project Gutenberg eBook of Historic Jamaica, by Frank Cundall This eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere in the United States and most other parts of the world at no cost an He then played Joan Crawford's deranged young husband in Autumn Leaves (1956) and was given leads in films of fair quality such as The Naked and the Dead (1958), Gidget (1959) and The Big Show (1961).He was born to Clifford Parker Robertson Jr. and Audrey Olga (nee Willingham) Robertson. Below is all you want to know regarding the death of Cliff Robertson and more! After serving as a merchant marine, he studied at Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio. Celebrities: Why They Died And Their Biographies. The 12 questions you NEED to ask before moving in with your partner, according to a relationship expert. Three months later, Begelman was fined $5,000 and placed on three years probation. Clifford Parker Robertson III was born on Sept. 9, 1923, in the La Jolla neighborhood of San Diego, the son of Clifford Parker Robertson II, the idle heir to a tidy sum of ranching money, and the former Audrey Winningham. WebGitHub export from English Wikipedia. Their daughter, Heather, died of cancer in 2007. His Texas-born father was known as the idle heir to a tidy sum in ranching money. Robertson once said that [My father] is a very romantic figure, tall and handsome. Bix believes there is a large amount of gold in the Grand Canyon region, while Steve believes its uneconomic to mine both logistically and due to energy costs. WebTom Bodrovics welcomes Bix Weir, and Steve St. Angelo for a lively and professional debate around metals manipulation and mining. "He stood by his family, friends, and colleagues through good times and bad. He remained a busy, versatile leading man through the `60s and `70s, but lacked the intensity of Brando, James Dean and others who brought a new style of acting to the screen. Robertson first appeared in the "Charly" story in a TV version, "The Two Worlds of Charlie Gordon." Heather Merriweather Robertson died in June of 2007 from ovarian Born Sept. 9, 1925, in La Jolla, Calif., Robertson was 2 when he was adopted by wealthy parents who named him Clifford Parker Robertson III. Young Cliff was raised by his maternal grandmother, Mary Eleanor Willingham as well as an aunt and uncle. He also gained attention for his second marriage to actress and heiress Dina Merrill, daughter of financier E.F. Hutton and Marjorie Merriweather Post, heiress to the Post cereal fortune and one of the world's richest women. Cliff Robertson is Update Soon years old in 2022. When did Harold Robertson die? There are two daughters. I owned 50 percent of the gross, but I gave half of it to Ralph Nelson to direct.". She supported herself much to her fathers displeasure as a $10-an-hourVogue model. Robertson was effective playing a chilling petty criminal obsessed with avenging his father in the B-feature Underworld U.S.A. (1961) or a pleasant doctor in the popular hospital melodrama The Interns (1962). - Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age and Birthday, Ruth Etting Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age at Death, Herbert Macaulay Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age at Death, Jim Lange Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age at Death, Sigismund Of Luxemburg, R.I.P. In contrast to most of the movies he was making at the time, the stage and television brought Robertson some of his choicest roles. V for Vendetta. A family statement said he died of natural causes. Released in 1963, it was the first movie to be made about a sitting president, and dozens of actors were considered. He won an Emmy in 1966 for a Chrysler Theater performance. Henry Ford: The Man and the Machine. 'That was fine with me,' the actor commented. Anyone can read what you share. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Market data provided by Factset. After consulting his attorney, Robertson notified the local police. Single mother faces 170 parking fine after overstaying at McDonald's for just 14 minutes while she treated Man had sex with his wife on bollard in protest after it had been erected by neighbour to stop him parking Will El Salvador's new mega-prison turn into a bloodbath? Then the audience would have been constantly aware that an actor was impersonating the president. She will be cremated and her ashes inurned at The Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Seas columbarium, near her sons, at a private family ceremony. While continuing to work on stage and in television, Robertson starred in a string of movies over the next seven years. How did Heather Robertson daughter of Cliff Robertson die? Robertson, however, hadnt done any work for Columbia that year and had not received $10,000 from the studio. The marriage, during which they had a daughter, Stephanie, ended in divorce in 1959. Train fares will rise by 5.9% TOMORROW - but travellers can still get cheaper tickets if they buy them What happens when classic cars sell for too much? Robertson's role in Tennessee Williams' play Orpheus Descending was awarded to Marlon Brando in the movie. the grammar school system promoted social mobility. NH 03301-2591. Passed up the chance to play the lead role in. He also starred in numerous war movies including, memorably, PT 109 (1963), in which he played John F. Kennedy, and, less memorably, Too Late the Hero (1970), which he described as a bunch of junk.. Try these 11 riddles that ChatGPT ALMOST aced. He also produces films and serves as a director. Robertson never elevated into the top ranks of leading men, but he remained a popular actor from the mid-1950s into the following century. In 1977 Robertson made the headlines again, this time by blowing the whistle on a Hollywood financial scandal. Filmography http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Robertson#Filmography Awards Robertson received an award from Antioch College Alumni in 2007 for his contributions to his field of work. Robertson published four books in the 1970s, including Grass Roots, which profiles four modern prairie towns and the difficulties faced by farmers in Western Canada, Salt of the Earth and A Terrible Beauty: The Art of Canada at War. I owned 50 percent of the gross, but I gave half of it to Ralph Nelson to direct.'. He was married to Dina Merrill from 1966-1986 who portrayed Shame's fiance Calamity Jan. Robertson first came to filmgoers attention playing Kim Novaks wealthy boyfriend in Picnic, the 1955 romantic drama starring William Holden. Robertson Jr. was described as "the idle heir to a tidy sum of ranching money". After seeing photos of Robertson in costume, Kennedy had one critique: His hair was parted on the wrong side. In March 1978, Begelman was charged with grand theft and three counts of forgery: for forging the names of Robertson, director Martin Ritt and restaurateur Pierre Groleau on checks written in the amounts of $10,000, $5,000 and $25,000 respectively. Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age at Death, Nick Brignola, R.I.P. Kauna unahang parabula na inilimbag sa bhutan? Clifford Parker Robertson III was born in California to wealthy parents, who divorced when he was one year old. Cliff's cause of death was natural causes. What do the parents perceive as their role to the Day Care worker? "I take what's left over. View Source Suggest Edits Memorial Photos Flowers Created by: Bobby Kelley Added: 3 Oct 2021 She grew up in luxury, dividing her time between her Mar-a-Lago home, a fabled New York apartment where she was driven to school by a chauffeur, against her wish to ride the bus like the other kids and the Sea Cloud, where guests included the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. In 1, Robertson told People magazine in 1983. Long after her acting career peaked, Ms. Merrill remained a steadfast presence on the New York social scene. What is are the functions of diverse organisms? Hoping to abide by her fathers wishes that she become a lawyer and, possibly, a congresswoman, Miss Merrill enrolled in George Washington University but left after a year to attend the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. In some ways, Nedenia Hutton nicknamed Deenie was a typical child. His parents divorced when Cliff was just a year old. of a 5-year-old whose intelligence is raised to genius level by an experiment, only to inexorably regress to what it had been. A number of years later, I came across this verse inscribed on a Continue reading These buds of love How Matt Hancock and Priti Patel shared stories of heavy-handed police ANDREW NEIL: What's REALLY going on in Boris Johnson's head - and why I'd advise Rishi Sunak to sleep with JANET STREET-PORTER: You're not a teenager, Mr Hancock. Cliff Robertson was born on 1923-09-09. She is the daughter of Mr & Mrs. John Boyd Stone of Moss Avenue in Peoria, Illinois, and is a 1944 graduate of Peoria H.S., and the wife of Mr. John Uhler "Jack" Lemmon III, whom she married in Peoria in 1950, and the mother of one Critic Roger Ebert called Robertson's portrayal 'a sensitive, believable one'. Morality is now a word that many people consider very square and outdated. Robertson said neither the studios nor the networks would hire him for four years. N.Y. Cliff Robertson was remembered Friday as much more than a movie star who won an "I bought the movie rights to the show, and I tried for eight years to persuade a studio to make it," he said in 1968. Zodiac Sign: Cliff Robertson was a Virgo. Cliff plays a young Lieutenant Kennedy, who was serving in the army. Get the day's top news with our Today's Headlines newsletter, sent every weekday morning. - Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age and Birthday, Dale Robertson - Cause of Death, Age, Date, and Facts, Jessy Dixon, R.I.P. WebShe was an actress and writer, known for White Chicks (2004), Casting Adrift (2004) and Josie and the Pussycats (2001). He committed suicide in 1995. WebA Thriving Cause: East Cliff Congregational Church 1901-Roger Ottewill. He made a difference in all our lives and made our world a better place. Former NBA All-Star and 18-year veteran Clifford Robinson has died, his father-in-law, John Lufkins, confirmed to NBC News Saturday. His strong presence made him ideal for such films as The Naked And The Dead, Battle Of Coral Sea, '633 Squadron, Up From The Beach, The Devil's Brigade, Too Late The Hero and Midway. Heather, a screenwriter, director and At her request, there will be no formal funeral. A year later, she married Stanley Rumbough, handsome heir to the Colgate-Palmolive fortune and a former Marine. [55] He had a tumor removed from Born September 9, 1925, in California, USA. WebCliff Robertson. His first wife was the actress Cynthia Stone, also known as actor Jack Lemmons ex-wife. Also a familiar face in television dramas from the earliest days of the medium, he was consistently praised by critics, but never quite reached the top echelon of movie stardom. Cliff Robertson died on Saturday, September 10, 2011 of natural He even entered balloon races, including one in 1964 from the mainland to Catalina Island that ended with him being rescued from the Pacific Ocean. He set his sights on New York theater, and like dozens of other future stars, profited from the advent of live television drama. [on being blacklisted in Hollywood after exposing, View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro. Cliff Robertson aita for giving my part of the inheritance to my brother when my sister needs it for her ivf His parents were divorced when he was a year old, and his mother died when he was 2. not like present sats. ET. The He shouted at me, "Kid, ya got more guts than brains". Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Someday I'd like to be in there as the starting pitcher.". Following strong stage and television experience, he made an interesting film debut in a supporting role in Picnic (1955). Check out the death cause, death date, and more facts about the circumstances surrounding movie actor Cliff WebMidway. Begelman served time for embezzlement, but he returned to the film business. With Hartley, she formed Pavilion Communications, which purchased RKO Pictures, for which she served as vice chairwoman. I think old Harry might have been right.'. He followed with a tearjerker, Autumn Leaves, as Joan Crawford's young husband, then a musical, The Girl Most Likely, with Jane Powell. Revealed: The new '23' number plates the DVLA deems offensive and has banned including EU23 OFF and GO23 HEL. Robertson was the director and an actor in the film "Morning, Winter and Night" which began filming in Massachusetts in 1978 but shut down after one week when the production ran out of money. Born on September 9, 1923, in La Jolla, California, Robertson was two when he was adopted by wealthy parents who named him Clifford Parker Robertson III. Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age at Death, Meshulam Riklis Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age at Death, Florence Sabin, R.I.P. "PT-109" was plagued with problems from the start: script changes, switch of directors, bad weather, snakes and mosquitoes in the Florida Keys where it was filmed. UConn Mens Basketball tweeted: The UConn Basketball family mourns the loss of a legendary player and person, Clifford Robinson. After seeing photos of Robertson in costume, Kennedy had one critique: His hair was parted on the wrong side. As a subscriber, you have 10 gift articles to give each month. The year you win an Oscar is the fastest year in a Hollywood actors life. `Good old Cliff,' they say. Cliff Robertson net worth: Cliff Robertson was an American actor who had a net worth of $5 million dollars. Cliff Robertson Wiki/Bio, Cause of Death, Movies, Net Worth, Career, Spider man. He appeared on The United States Steel Hour, The Chrysler Theater, Playhouse 90 and other mainstays of quality repertory programming in what came to be called televisions golden age. Robertson is survived by his daughter Stephanie Robertson Saunders of Charleston, S.C., and a granddaughter. Webhow long does it take for mirtazapine to work for anxiety. Cliff was twice married, and both of his marriages ended in divorce. Cliff Robertson, the ruggedly handsome actor who won an Oscar for Charly but found himself frozen out of jobs for almost four years after he exposed a The couple divorced in 1989. My ex-wife said that if I had played the game I would have owned the town, but I was always too independent.. Introduction. Charly was a hit. Getty. On television, he portrayed retired According to the Los Angeles County Coroners autopsy report, Holden was alone and intoxicated in his apartment in Santa Monica, California, on November 12, 1981, when he slipped on a rug, severely lacerated his forehead on a teak bedside table, and bled to death. Stony Brook, New York, USA. In 1959 he endeared himself to Gidget fans as The Big Kahuna, the mature Malibu surf bum who takes Gidget under his wing. Wealthy beyond measure due to large inheritances from each of her parents, she was a generous philanthropist and a hands-on volunteer with many charities, including the New York Mission Society, founded by her mother-in-law Margaretta Colgate Rumbough; the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, of which she was a co-founder; as well as Planned Parenthood, the New York Botanical Garden, the Palm Beach Theater Guild, the Alzheimers Association, Orbis International, the Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons, and her alma mater, the American Academy of the Dramatic Arts, from which she received a Lifetime Achievement Award and where a scholarship is named for her. After the war, he attended Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio, and worked briefly as a reporter for a daily newspaper in Springfield, Ohio. In high school he acted in student plays, mostly to avoid classes that bored him. Harold Robertson Test your knowledge by naming all 20 of these famous films. 'I'm not one of the Golden Six,' he commented in 1967, referring to the top male stars of that day. I think old Harry might have been right.". WebCliff Robertson Death. Additionally, Robertson played an Irish immigrant in one of Wagon Trains episodes as a special guest star. Cliff Robertsons career did not start with the Spiderman franchise- the actor had several decades in the spotlight in a variety of roles. Natural causes Cliff Robertson/Cause of death On September 10, 2011, one day after his 88th birthday, Robertson died of natural The son of the heir to a ranching fortune, he was born Clifford Parker Robertson III on Sept. 9, 1923, in Los Angeles. Cliff Robinson, the longtime NBA player who also appeared on "Survivor" has died. WebCliff Robertson was in a relationship with Theona Bryant (1961). Robertson had created a string of impressive performances in television and on Broadway, but always saw his role played in films by bigger names. He appeared in two different comic book company adaptations: Shame in Batman (1966) a DC comics adaption, and Uncle Ben in the Spider-man trilogy, a Marvel comics adaption. He made a difference in all our lives and made our world a better place. After asking his accountant to look into it, Robertson learned that a check for $10,000 had been made out to him and had been cashed at a bank in Beverly Hills. Official Sites, Was a well-known sailplane pilot, and was also the voice in the "Running On Empty" documentary video about the. Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age at Death, Cedar Lawn Cemetery East Hampton, Suffolk County, New York, USA Show Map. His strong presence made him ideal for such films as "The Naked and the Dead," "Battle of Coral Sea," "633 Squadron," "Up From the Beach," "The Devil's Brigade," "Too Late the Hero" and "Midway.". Who is Katy mixon body double eastbound and down season 1 finale? My ambitions were my own not exactly the ones they had for me.. >Before Ivanka Trump, Dina Merrill was Palm Beachs first blond princess, Building Mar-a-Lago: Marjorie Merriweather Posts Palm Beach showplace, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. However, he was already the future head-of-state. Despite earning only one All-Star selection, Cliff Robinson still amassed an impressive net worth before his death. In 1959 he endeared himself to "Gidget" fans as The Big Kahuna, the mature Malibu surf bum who takes Gidget under his wing. - Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age and Birthday, Lynne Frederick - Cause of Death, Age, Date, and Facts, Patty Duke, R.I.P. Robertson, 88, passed Cliff Robinson, NBA All-Star who played with the Portland Trail Blazers and Phoenix Suns, has died at the age of 53. The Charly star died of natural causes on Sept. 10. She is survived by her brother Stanley H. Rumbough and Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. They have divorced when he was a year old, and his mother died of peritonitis a year later in El Paso, Texas. He had a passion for flying, and he poured his movie earnings into buying and restoring World War I and World War II planes. He became known for his heartbreaking performance as the titular character in Charlie, which earned him the 1968 Academy Award for Best Actor. Cliff Robertson's death was caused by Natural Causes. Mark Eaton, the two-time Defensive Player of the Year who spent his entire NBA career with the Utah Jazz, has died. Sa fortune s lve 2 000,00 euros mensuels 'He was one of the greatest men I have ever known,' said Lemmon, also an actor. His TV performances in "Days of Wine and Roses" and "The Hustler," for example, were filmed with Jack Lemmon and Paul Newman, respectively. Cliff Robertson, who starred as John F. Kennedy in a 1963 World War II drama and later won an Academy Award for his portrayal of a mentally disabled bakery - Cause of Death, Date of Death, Age and Birthday, Edd Gould, R.I.P. He owned a number of vintage aircraft, including an original German Messerschmitt ME-108, which was on display at the Parker-O'Malley Air Museum (closed in 2009) in Ghent, New York. Twelve months later they ask, "Who won the Oscar last year?". Late in life, Mr. Robertson spent several years trying in vain to get backing for a sequel to Charly, going so far as to shoot 15 minutes of material on his own. After serving in the merchant marine, he went to Antioch College in Ohio. I broke the unwritten commandment: Thou shalt never confront a major mogul on corruption, he told The Times in 1998. "I got phone calls from powerful people who said, `You've been very fortunate in this business; I'm sure you wouldn't want all this to come to an end,"' Robertson recalled in 1984. | On September 10, 2011, Cliff Robertson died of non-communicable disease. I've had enough of life': Grandmother, 86, is reduced to tears after killjoy Tory My boss is furious I didn't give my first class seat to her and left her stuck in economy - despite the fact or debate this issue live on our message boards. After the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, 18-year-old Cliff - then serving on a merchant ship in the Pacific Ocean - was reported dead to his family in California. He moved to New York City where he studied at the Actors Studio. The Life and Times of John F. Kennedy. Was responsible for unraveling a major studio fraud in the 1970s, which led to the downfall of powerful Columbia Pictures president. Kennedy himself favored Robertson, but he warned him he didn't want someone trying to imitate his distinctive New England accent. EXCLUSIVE: Why diabetics should lay off the weed: 23-year-old cannabis smoker with type 1 suffered bouts of Are YOU smarter than a machine? He became known for his heartbreaking performance as the titular character in Charlie, which earned him the 1968 Academy Award for Best Actor. what makes muscle tissue different from other tissues? An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. After his parents divorced and his mother died, he was raised by his maternal grandmother, whom he adored. His TV performances in Days Of Wine And Roses and The Hustler, for example, were filmed with Jack Lemmon and Paul Newman, respectively. But the main idea is to hang in there and not be shoved out the door. PT-109 was plagued with problems from the start: script changes, switch of directors, bad weather, snakes and mosquitoes in the Florida Keys where it was filmed. Robertson studied briefly at Antioch College, majoring in journalism, then returned to California and appeared in two small roles in Hollywood movies. Cliff Robertson died at age 88, impressive. Cliff Robertson reached the impressive age of 88 years. His alma mater did not announce the cause of death. She In his rookie season, he made just $250,000a laughable amount compared to Additionally, Robertson played an Irish immigrant in one of Wagon Trains episodes as a special guest star. Legal Statement. Clifford Parker Robertson III (September 9, 1923 September 10, 2011) was an American actor with a film and television career that spanned half a century. Follow Us for Instant Updates Follow us on Twitter, Like us on He pressed his complaint against the advice of many in Hollywood who did not want Mr. Begelman to become a liability to the movie industry. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Heather's name to St. Paul's School, 325 Pleasant Street, Concord, You've successfully subscribed to this newsletter! Begelman, whose grand-theft conviction was reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor in 1979, was hired later that year to head MGMs motion picture division, and he later became a producer. The troubles were evident on the screen, and critics roundly rapped the film, although Robertson's work won praise. About American Actor Cliff Robertson was born Clifford Parker Robertson III on 9th September, 1923 in La Jolla, San Diego, California, United States and passed away on 10th Sep 2011 Stony Brook, Long Island, New York, United States aged 88. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. Police rushed to Robertson's lookout, near Wollongong, after reports of a concern for welfare and found the bodies at the bottom of the cliff, from where they were retrieved in a painstaking recovery. AKA Clifford Parker Robertson. Oscar-winning US actor Cliff Robertson, who portrayed John F Kennedy in the 1963 film PT-109, dies at the age of 88.