Shoot! ramjbjb: Those numbers are the essence of measuring how stealthy you are, and how close to detection by an enemy you are. SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997 In game performed by invisible sonar crew/tracking party. Udaloy) have towed sonar arrays ("tail") that may be lowered under the layer; not sure if this is modelled in game. 2. Target motion analysis, TMA - method to determine target's distance and course from passive sonar readings over time. A Guide for Cold Waters By: Brygun Brygun the 'Rocket-man' on using anti-ship missiles in Cold Waters. The sub is maneuvered using the keyboard (WASD to steer, surrounding keys to control throttle and ballast), and firing weapons is as . There is some transparent asset that filters it? This can either be a warship, a submarine or a merchant. Approx. If you were going on patrol speed (right click in my game at least), you will be deeper and going at ~10 knots. . About five minutes of reading through the steam page and discussions would have revealed that. This is how everything works: When the game content is loaded, Cold Waters will search for it in 3 places, always maintaining the following specific order: 1) annular (external) 2) default (external) 3) internal - cannot be edited. A tag already exists with the provided branch name. Is there any way to alphabetize to enemy ships by category? Killerfish have spent nearly two years of time and money creating their latest game, billing it as the spiritual successor to Red Storm Rising, a game that many subsim vets remember fondly. A part of sound travelling from the surface downwards will be deflected by the layer and then curve back to the surface and then back to the layer etc. Heres a list showing how many each submarine has: 2) Cavitation depends on depth. Baffles is blind spot/area from which a sonar can't hear sounds. Can be shot down by anti-air or CIWS defenses on target. I had some rather close calls with torpedoes last night haha there were some heart-stopping moments. Is there any way to move asset position in the various screens? Enhanced binary for Cold Waters. The sound is effectively "funneled" between surface and layer - this is the Surface duct. Among the citizens are Simon Dudley, his sister Adele Dudley, as well as Father Donald, ghouls Jacob and Brad and Rainman. Cold Waters is shaping up to be a fantastic game, but not all of its mechanisms are very well explained. To avoid torpedoes, I usually just fill the ballast tanks, the torpedo usually passes directly overhead, no excess noise, although it usually requires a seafloor that is around 500ft or deeper, and when I reach the seafloor, I pop out a noisemaker and blow the tanks, usually works pretty well. Note the layer does not block 100% of sound so you still may be detected even across the layer. This creates "shadow zone" just under the layer, where a sub can be hidden from surface ships (but at the same time it can't hear the surface ships). If you mean player usable weapons, they have confirmed Mark 48 torpedoes, Harpoon anti-ship missiles, and at this point I forget if either or both the Tomahawk anti-ship and land-attack missiles were confirmed, I think at least the latter is. Actually, two campaignsone set in 1968 and one in 1984. The primary focus is on what do once weapons are near you. Current "strength" and depth of layer is displayed in game in CONDITIONS tab. To change the max depth (most modern torpedoes have a maximum depth of at least 500 meters, . Is there an updated version of this guide? Choices are a good thing and the devs are hard at work on an attractive solution. **Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare! A: I believe this innocent question is worth several thick scientific books. The enemy will probably detect the torp much later, reducing his reaction window, giving him less time for counter fire and evasive maneuvers. Then, as it's getting closer, try dropping a counter-measure, reversing your turn to hard starboard, and put full rise on the planes. Cheat in this game and more with the WeMod app! If planning to distribute a modification to the main mod separately from the main mod, no restrictions are provided on your work. Cold Waters Weapons Guide - prozip The New Snipping feature will grant you access to the Free Form and Full-Screen icons, and you can select them by clicking on their icons at the top of the screen.The Free Form option lets you create a screenshot in any shape you want, while the Full-Screen feature automatically captures the entire screen. I have been trying to play it on Dosbox to get in the mood for Cold Waters - but it has been tricky without a manual and although I played the heck out of this back in the day my 43 year old brain can't remember how to play it! i have install epic mod but when i start the game i have a error. You move your sub at two rates of speed; patrol speed (15 knots) or full speed (25 knots) to intercept enemy convoys, stake out areas to trap Soviet hunter/killer groups, and look for opportunities to fight your ship. Thanks a lot KillerFish for the game and this guide, it helps a lot community! Hope it's useful! ColdWaters-DotMod Welcome to DotMod! Espaol - Latinoamrica (Spanish - Latin America), http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=956445120, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960438075, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpoon_(missile), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_submarine_simulator, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974387450, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974385377, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974388586, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974385684, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9n7GirhsI. Campaigns are made up of 1 file and 1 folder: /////////////////////////////////////////////////. Improved damage and accuracy. A sleepy fishing village outside the Worldwound. Even with a 60-foot cone you have much less flexibility than a 20-foot-radius sphere with 150-foot range. Purple: radar emissions, detected by ESM mast. Fire on Lake City Way in Seattle raises smoke, flooding concerns VIEW; WA to end masking requirement in health care, correctional facilities Sound waves achieving very heavy waters will ultimately return back to the surface in area called Convergence zone (CZ) as considerably as 30 miles apart from source. With that in mind here is a link to download the Red Storm Rising manual in .pdf format: Thank you! And I have not encountered any neutral vessels yet. How exactly do you change the submarine selection before the mission starts? Soviet Campaigns (North Atlantic Red 1984 and North Atlantic Red 1968) The mod is an attempt at making 1984 and 1968 campaign playable from the soviet perspective. High seas or currents will weaken the layer. Layer can be used to "hide" from an enemy for a stealthy approach. A Sub below the layer will be more difficult to detect by ships and subs above the layer and vice versa. Max speed 46 knots, range 11.500 yards. Approx. These sudden and complete changes in direction were helping me with some rather close dodges (including when a knuckle gets thrown out there, as well, I had some rather close calls with torpedoes last night haha there were some heart-dropping moments. Trey songz intermission 1 and 2 zip. There is no way to pull up history in the message bar and there are no crew voices to inform you about changes in depth, course, passing layers, contact updates, but this will change in future updates (Can't wait to hear 'Torpedo in the water!' DotMod'slatestreleasecanbefoundathttps://github.com/Dot-M134/ColdWaters-DotMod/releases. Killerfish Games is a small but talented dev team that just released a sim that can hold its ground: Cold Waters. Crush depth - depth where the sub will take structural damage and probably be destroyed by water pressure. http://replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2474, http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downo=file&id=5092. Active seeker uses its own active high frequency sonar to ping target and home towards the returned echo. Though we may not all regularly don our raw silk sarees, we must admit that we adore them. Tomahawk Land Attack Missile or TLAM - long range land-attack cruise missile. Creating custom content for Cold Waters. Quest: Into the Temple (Thanks @Runefell & @Melilotta & @WhiteCoatSyndrome ) Options: 1. Cold Waters Weapons Guide California. Again not sure if this happens in game or not. Then, as it's getting closer, try dropping a counter-measure, reversing your turn to hard starboard, and put full rise on the planes. Silent running is toggled on and off using Shift S, and increasing speed, assigning damage control actions, or loading a weapon will cancel silent running. See the Localising Cold Waters Guide for more details on editing language and setting it up. Practical methods are discussed including "Skipping the line".. An essay on using Anti-Ship Missiles by Brygun For example, if you have a torp coming at you from behind, turn hard port and full dive on the planes. In-game time compression is also included. Over 40 planes, subs, ship, and missiles are included in the game and while some edges show they are all rendered in impressive detail. While I understand what the devs were going for, a lot of players (myself included) feel it would be wise to include a helm station where the Captain can order periscope depth or a designated course and direct his attention to other matters, such as setting up for complex shots at a convoy or evading a multitude of vengeful torpedoes. but as long as the cold water you fish isn't hardthat is covered with a sheet of icethen cold weather fishing can be a great time for kayakers. Sub must be moving for planes to work. Events are specified in the campaign/campaignXXX/campaign_data file. This means that even if you have 4 wired torpedos, if you fire all of these at once, only the first two will be wired. The layer will not form if water is not deep enough. The developers took extra steps to keep a lot of the game files external to the Unity game engine. It's not intended as a direct replacement for Dangerous Waters or Sub Command but Cold Waters brings a new wave with an old flavor to a genre that has been dormant for too long and this is a moment all subsim enthusiasts can celebrate. I'm playing the 1968 campaign and I'm having a lot of difficulty engaging targets. A: The lines show bearing to various signals detected by your sub. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. If you start an encounter when you didnt move (so the enemy attacked you), your initial depth is shallow and speed is 5knots. content under the condition that you do not do so in order to distribute with or for Epic Mod. QBZ 83. When the motion is high compared to the density of water the water can't keep and bubbles appear. It will emit a sound wave ("ping") and listen for returns or echoes of that sound. Kayaking and fishing in the winter is one of the best times to be on the water. I'm at a disadvantage engaging surface targets especially. It looks very useful, but most of the listed directories and files do not exist in the locations described. Superior mobility with . Create your own unique website with customizable templates. Cold Waters - Beginners Tips Cold Waters - Beginners Tips. Larger targets will usually take 2 hits to sink. Don't say we didn't warn you.). You risk sub damage and flooding when below test depth. Practical methods are discussed including "Skipping the line". I'm really taking pleasure in this sport. Describing methods for evasion in the submarine game Cold Waters. A: Torpedoes have seeker heard which function similarly to sub sonar. Slip outside this range for any contacts you do not want to engage. Cold War Weapons Items 1 to 10 of 12 total Wake and Surf Foil Buyer's Guide Wake Foiling and Surf Foiling are relatively new sports that have taken the boating industry by storm. Q: Sonars - difference between active and passive sonar; towed vs. hull mounted sonar; baffles. Which are best suited for which targets? In RSR, I remember creating "knuckles" in the water. This seems to improve my success rate compared to what you implied. CZ may allow a vessel hear various other resources of audio that are too much for immediate contact. Can you explain that? Great fire and forget weapon, but can also be steered by wire manually. To operate in this maritime theater characterized by shallow, cold waters averaging around fifty meters in depth. After launching it will turn to desired gyro angle and then run straight ahead and explode on contact. Aircraft are found in the parent folder in aircraft.txt. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. I am creating a GUI mod and i would like to move for example the torpedo images on the Weapons page a few pixels to the left. Strong layer will deflect more sound energy, weak layer less. Quest: The Keystone (thanks @Deefje ) 1. Mk48 - advanced homing torpedo, used in 1984 campaign. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. Before beginning, we recommend backing up your "default" folder to a safe location. Features. level or thermocline is usually a boundary between warmer surface water and colder strong drinking water which acts as a kind of sound screen, deflecting component of audio energy coming to it frm above or beIow. Q: What are the coloured lines that sometimes appear in the map? Course and depth are managed solely by WASD keys. Major Features: - Real-time naval combat. That was like three presidents ago. Espaol - Latinoamrica (Spanish - Latin America). I keep in mind fumbling thrugh RSR as kid and taking pleasure in it with no actual idea about what I had been performing.The just real confusion I possess comes along with the different color (yellow/red/purple) lines on the minimap. This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins. It is only visible to you. The user interface relies heavily on hot keys. Oh, my bad. For example, if you have a torp coming at you from behind, turn hard port and full dive on the planes. Or is it somehow the other way around in the files, cuasing more sonar to bounce away not returning to the source? I'm fresh to the sport, but I've learn over the entire shift-F1 guide and the entire PDF guide, and I can't discover a listing of the different weapons sorts anyplace. Are you sure you want to create this branch? But youre commanding an American nuclear fast attack sub, thats what they pay you for, so no whining. Any tips on closing range and getting a good solution without getting detected and or the enemy ships turning away and disengaging? so you can get into their baffles. Test depth - maximum safe depth. This creates a noise. Zen and the Art of Maintaining your Los Angeles Class Nuclear Attack Submarine. And theres the campaign. Great job, much appreciated! A brief history of toropedoes leads us to the versatile and deadly ones that exist. Now Cold Waters arrives with real time action all the way and that makes a real difference in the gameplay. Fast Reload. Discussions include defenses like the MOSS, noisemaker and knuckles. The Cold War is a term commonly used to refer to a period of geopolitical tension between the United States and the Soviet Union and their respective allies, the Western Bloc and the Eastern Bloc.The term cold war is used because there was no large-scale fighting directly between the two superpowers, but they each supported opposing sides in major regional conflicts known as proxy wars. Red line does not necessarily mean the torpedo is pinging at you or that it has acquired you. The crew message scolded me and said the repairs could only be made in port. Espaol - Latinoamrica (Spanish - Latin America), ColdWaters.app/Contents/DataResources/Data/StreamingAssets/default, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=947083804. Giving a read into what ships, weapon systems, and the like in the game reveals a lot of stuff on its own. In game - after using emergency blow (Shift-R) you must spend some time on the surface to replenish compressed air. The game has some areas that need tweaking; Soviet aircraft are too capable and persistent. Your email address will not be published. Cold Waters Commands There is no warrior in history who goes out onto a battlefield without knowing how to move or what the environment is like where he will fight. You may not see an enemy in the 3D view if he has not been detected in the sonar suite or by visual contact in the scope. I mean I can slowly number these items out, but it would become wonderful to have a brief description on each weapon's capabilities, their rates of speed, their runs, etc. Towed sensors have their own blind spots - narrow cone directly ahead of the sub and directly behind the tail. I thought "Oh cool that must mean it's not wire guided" turns slightly "WIRE CUT" "Damnit!". A: Noisemakers create a barrier of bubbles to hide your sub from homing sensor of an incoming torpedo. . Which in a sub, as you might understand, is pretty much everything. Sonar will not detect contacts in baffles. Is there any way to change the sound files for callouts by the crew? I have 3 different torpedo options. This discusses pros and cons, when to use them, what they can't do, an escape plan and the Rocket-man's mantra. On using wire guided torpedoes in Cold Waters. I would prefer the map to list the contacts by their NATO designation (Sierra 1, Sierra 2, Master 3, etc) even when a platform is identified, but I think Cold Waters is using the same naming convention as Red Storm Rising. 4)Difficulty settings in this game do not affect the ai, but do affect a whole range of other things. Note: against warships it is best to try and get missile shot on bow or stern of the target as the CIWS coverage there is the weakest, while sides are usually better protected. If the override folder is not present, you must create a new folder you can call it yourself as "override . I prefer Eurobeat when dodging torpedoes. This can have a large effect on whether enemies can find you at the beginning of the encounter, so it might be good to be careful. SNS COMP is estimated signal strength of your ship from the selected contact's point of view, used to estimate if they can detect you or not. Make sure that the suspicious letter or package is isolated and the immediate area is closed off. 5) When you play the game, you can move the sub by left or right clicking. You do not have to struggle with the nuts and bolts of TMA and sonar, in Cold Waters you are the captain and your AI crew will do most of the pencil-whipping for you. The fact that they're perennially useful and the fact that we spent so . Contribute to archer884/ColdWatersEnhanced development by creating an account on GitHub. There are 10 of them with the game underway from modders here at Subsim. This commit does not belong to any branch on this repository, and may belong to a fork outside of the repository. Easy to miss with or evade by target, basically needs to be fired point blank. Each time you start a mission, your ocean conditions (depth, surface ducts, thermal layers, weather) can change; the ships you face can vary in number, type, and location. Valve Corporation. UGM-84 or Harpoon - medium range smaller anti-ship missile. What am I doing wrong? This discusses pros and cons, when to use them, what they can't do, an escape plan and the Rocket-man's mantra. Our Cold Waters trainer has over 3 cheats and supports Steam. New Playable Subs & More Feb 11 2019 Released 2017 Combat Sim Thankfully, an arsenal of wire-guided torpedoes, anti-ship and cruise missiles and the occasional SEAL team are on board to keep the Iron Curtain at bay. Using ballast controls you can dive or surface without moving forward. I am pretty new to cold waters or submarine games in general and after Ive had a bit of fun in vanilla, Ive installed the Epic Mod (mostly for the russian subs and more murky water). I'm starting a Red Dawn Rising mission with a Kilo class. Max speed 23kn, range 23.000 yards, seeker range 950yds. Assault Rifle. There are two basic types of torpedoes in this game. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Contacts on the 2D tactical map are only as reliable as the sonar and visual detection can make them. Tips for Newcomers. Cold Waters is shaping up to be a fantastic game, but not all of its mechanisms are very well explained. (the one inside "override\hud") Search for this section and make the needed changes: Subsim players have already started modding the game to add ships and missions. For this reason, Cold Waters commands will help you do that and much more. Are these ranges what my Sonar is definitely detecting? I have the sim and I think it needs some moddingA simpler way to go to periscope esm radar depth and speed and depth controls like sh4 would be a god send.. The better your solution, the more you can count on a Kilo being where the map says it is. How do I know if one torpedo is a dumbfire, and another is homing? Full-auto assault rifle. Passive sonar will provide only direction to target. Sometimes the enemy comes to you, sometimes theres a chase and you cant make the killyour unseen adversary gets away. Mk37 - basic homing torpedo, used in 1968 campaign. Airdropped or rocket fired torps will frequently use circular search. The in-game formula for this is Cavitation depth = 20 * SpeedInKnots 100. Middle answer that is the basics that if you are (or near) cavitating it is easier to make knuckles as both are about the formation of bubbles. For hull-mounted sonar it is cone-shaped area behind the sub, approx. Weapons. Cold Waters is extensively moddable; all of the vessels' characteristics are stored in text files. Q: What are the numbers in Signature tab? :) I tried to produce an answer that is simple without being too simplistic; sorry if I offended someone's scientific sensibilities :). US subs do not get the SUBROC (attention modders!). Now Cold Waters arrives with real time action all the way and that makes a real difference in the gameplay. Real-time naval fight. Say that you'll just deal without the keystone, and Drillk lives. If somebody could describe this aspect of the game to me it'd end up being really helpful as I experience the Ops Guide only briefly touches this. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. If you mean player usable weapons, they have confirmed Mark 48 torpedoes, Harpoon anti-ship missiles, and at this point I forget if either or both the Tomahawk anti-ship and land-attack missiles were confirmed, I think at least the latter is. Do you. Similarly sub with towed sonar sitting just above the layer would be able to listen for signals under layer. Raise your periscope or ESM mast for too long or cavitate and you may get some event camera fun. One method is by clicking on the small icons to the right of a torpedo, second is by selecting desired tube by F key and changing settings by 1, 2, 3 keys. We got work to do! Short answer yes. Be sure to include an output_log.txt and a description of what caused the error to occur (or at the very least what you were doing when it happened). The idea is to require the player to manage manually and keep the player in constant touch with the subs performance. A quiet place on the bank of a lazy river where nothing interested happened since the founding day. Describing methods for evasion in the submarine game Cold Waters. What this means is that for every 5 knots of extra speed, cavitation happens 100 feet earlier. For a great guide to TMA in Cold Waters see Jive Turkey's video https://youtu.be/unXyN2LrEO8. This is mentioned no-where in the game, but you can find it in the files of the game at Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonCold WatersColdWaters_DataStreamingAssetsdefaultvessels and then clicking on one of the files starting with usn_ssn. I liked KF's previous games; they started with Pacific Fleet, a pleasant mobile game, and then progressed to Atlantic Fleet, which was a turn-based mobile naval game that was ported with success to the PC. The game has a set of evenly-paced tutorials to get you started, along with a decent help file and Operations Manual. **New SIZING, please use the size chart or size guide BEFORE you buy Size chart & size guide size guide XS : <154cm Small: 155cm - 165cm M: 166cm - 175cm L: 176cm - 185cm XL: 186cm - 195cm XXL: >195cm Size C mobile massage sedona Thanks to a Devil dog he saved named Pochita, he's able to survive through odd jobs and killing Devils for . Good trick is to send a torp and when the ship goes to evasion, it will usually turn away from the torpedo and try to run away. If you have troubles getting your bearings in this game, you can also go to options and deselect Hide low SOL contacts in 3d. All vessel definitions are in the vessels folder. As per that license you are free to make derivative works of said models, provided that you do not sell them. If you're on Steam, someone posted a dump of the weapon stats as a guide. Does not indicate if you were detected or not, only that there is an active sonar somewhere in that direction. All rights reserved. You need to sign in or create an account to do that. Contents. Describing methods for evasion in the submarine game Cold Waters. 7,528 WeMod members play this game. layer or thermocline is a boundary between warmer surface water and colder deep water which acts as a kind of sound barrier, deflecting part of sound energy coming to it from above or below. This can get a little confusing when you have to cycle through three different Grisha contacts that are all labeled Grisha. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions. If you are going at flank speed (left click in my game), you will start very deep and going at ~25 knots. Strong level will deflect more sound power, weak layer less. Browse and rate player-created guides for this game. The sensation of riding a foil 2-4 feet out of the water feels similar to the best powder day of your life on a snowboard or skis. A small HUD exhibits the player's subs speed, course, and depth, as well as the selected contact and the designated weapon. Allow Drillk to give you the keystone, at the cost of his own life. Sound waves reaching very deep waters will eventually return back to the surface in area called Convergence zone (CZ) as far as 30 miles away from source. For a full list of terms, see. You do get a nice periscope station but you better be wise with how you use it. Real-time naval combat. :) I attempted to generate an response that is simple without becoming too simplistic; bad if I offended somebody's technological sensibilities:)Crucial points. The primary focus is on what do once weapons are near you. Jun 05, 2017 Cold Waters This page is a stub: it lacks content and/or basic article components. Cold Water: Manual de Operaciones in Espanol: A continuacin dejo una traduccin libre realizada por mi, del Manual de Operaciones de "Cold Waters" para todos los capitanes que no leen ingls.. Elite level in the difficulty options has no auto . To deliver a better grasp of what is happening around you, the event camera will switch to action taking place that may affect you, such as an undetected ship launching a SS-N-14 Silex your way.