Art by GrayPillow People empathize with Mapleshade and defend her with the fact that her kits drowned. Days later, Mapleshade discovers that Reedshine of RiverClan is expecting Appledusk's kits. Mapleshadewas a female she-cat born in ThunderClan, one of the fivewarrior Clans, during the time that Oakstar was leader. He really had no real reason behind killing kits the way he did by attacking them ("training them."). Yes. Appledusk nodded quickly. It's worth putting up with him for now, if he can do the same for us. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Hey Patchyface! It was Wasppaw. -her only meeting up with Oakheart at night, Mapleshade: Mapleshade nearly killed Sandstorm, but was stopped by Spottedleaf, the spirit of the former ThunderClan medicine cat. 5 Cats That Everyone Thinks Deserved to go to the Dark Forest but dont (and one Cat who Absolutely does) by HollyleafTheGreat, Skye [Skypaw//Skymist//Misty Moon On A Fareway Sky//Has two fanfics going on! Which, spoilers for Lost Stars would make sense considering Shadowpaw is hearing what may be a bad/evil StarClan warrior in his mind. Mapleshade goes for her instead, but Appledusk jumps in the way, and he takes the fatal hit. Don't come any closer! But, this cant be the only criteria for entrance into the Dark Forest because other cats like Darkstripe, Thistleclaw and Hawkfrost are also in the Dark Forest, but none of them actually succeeded in murdering anyone. Wasppaw! Kill Frecklewish.Kill Appledusk (all succeeded).Kill Reedshine and her unborn kittens (failed).Make murder victims' descendants suffer (succeeded).To exact total vengeance on ThunderClan and RiverClan (failed)Make Crookedstar evil (failed)Make Tigerstar evil (succeeded)Come back to the living world via possesion (Failed). -river clan mate Mapleshade tries to take the kits across the river, but it's flooded, and the kits drown; Mapleshade herself only survives because a RiverClan patrol pulls her out in time. She was apprenticed to Bloomheart and later became a warrior known as Mapleshade. He asks her why, and she tells him that every cat in ThunderClan must die, and that he is already doomed. Approximate individual price is $12.99 USD, and the three-pack bundle is $38.97 USD. Super stupid imo. Mapleshade doesnt say anything, and everyone assumes she doesnt like talking about her dead mate, and that they are Birchfaces. Mapleshade to Crookedstar in in Crookedstar's Promise. Hmm. This is just what I wanted. Also, they have the shape and body of a RiverClan cat. As aresult, shewas held in high esteem by her Clanmates, who believed she would one day become deputy and then leader. She is banished from ThunderClan. Then Sandstorm chases Mapleshade to the border and comes back. The black tom approached her with calm manner. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Come. Seasons later, Mapleshade started working for Ashfur in the hopes of being able to live again. If only they knew. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. A mate that loved me, kits that I could watch grow up and have kits of their own, the respect of my Clanmates! Patchkit interrupts crossly that he did not, he was just resting. With the future RiverClan leader in her thrall, Mapleshade trained him to become the warrior she had been, while steadily stealing everything he loved most. You will regret this, Appledusk. I feel frozen with excitement! Scourge | Bone | Jaggedtooth | Fury | Brick | Hoot and Jumper, The Dark Forest I love them, and I love you too. Thank you StarClan, Mapleshade thought. That was a reminder, and a good reminder. You will live to regret this day forever, ThunderClan, and that is a promise. Much, much more lies ahead of us, Tigerclaw. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/WarriorCatsMapleshadesVengeance. Well, I think youre right! Mapleshade names her kits Petalkit, Patchkit and Larchkit. His apprentice, Perchpaw, attacked Mapleshade and gave her wounds that would later on end her life. Since the day he was born, sheacted as a second ghostly voice in Tigerkit's head, not revealing herself until late into his adulthood in a dream. Powered by WordPress. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from [email protected]. Mapleshadebravely triedto save her kits, and almost drowned herself in doing so, but ultimately failed. Under Mapleshade's influence, Tigerstar killed many Clan cats in his quest to rule the entire forest, eventually uniting ShadowClan and RiverClan as TigerClan briefly. Brokenstar | Tigerstar | Blackstar | Jaggedtooth | Darkstripe | Darktail | Sleekwhisker | Clawface | Redwillow | Juniperclaw, ThunderClan Mapleshade is one of thefewmajor female villains in the. Those kits were Thunderclan kits but Frecklewish didn't care. We needed her! But instead she chose to be lazy and take the fastest and most dangerous way, even if there was no flood. I added Birchface and Flowerpaw for fun :) Materials I used : Strathmore Drawing, Recycled drawing paper. He sees her killing Frecklewish with adders. But they face distrust due to their half-Clan heritage. The Official Warrior Cats Wiki is a FANDOM Books Community. Along with her she brought her dear, beloved kits: Patchkit, Larchkit, and Petalkit. Its Patchpaw, and this prey is not for me, but for Crimsonwish. She pretends that shes done nothing wrong, and might have had a chance to stay if she at least pretended she was remorseful, and if it were a recent enough battle, she could have said that she mated with Appledusk in secret, and when hed killed Birchface, shed seen his true colors. As for point 3) yes, I agree that is really a terrible reason, and I honestly cannot believe that it is actually the case. She could have acted sorry. Ravenwing was grateful, Mapleshade could tell. Mapleshade then turned her rage toward Appledusk. Or perhaps join ShadowClan or WindClan? So, I think theres enough evidence to say that Thistleclaws motives were bad. Hollyleaf's Expecting Kits? Thistleclaw was absolutely insane and he let his insanity take him over the edge. What is going on here? My mother sounded confused, anxious, and concerned at the same time. "A fresh fish, straight from the river!". They can kill a cat in seconds. While Appledusk was gone, Mapleshade decided to keep her kits entertained. The Ultimate Guide: Updated and Expanded Edition, Mapleshade & Crookedstar - Mini Collector Figures, Mapleshade and Appledusk's confrontation, Mapleshade's confrontation with Spottedleaf. After RiverClan cast her out of the scene, Mapleshade went into grief and hallucinated of her dead kits crying out to be avenged. Onestar | Mudclaw | Antpelt | Breezepelt | Houndleap, BloodClan I went to the back of the den, placing the Horsetail in one of the clefts in the rock. Can you imagine what that feels like? Tigerstar | Blackfoot | Darkstripe | Jaggedtooth, Rogues Another reason why she shouldve not gone to the dark forest was when she was training Crookedstar. Caliart alcohol markers. You will live to regret this day forever, ThunderClan, and that is a promise. To be rejected twice? Are you from Riverclan? Hawkfrost almost destroyed an enetire clan and was on the same path as tigerstar, he was ready to kill without mercy.I feel like thats enough to go to hell, 2)Hollyleaf didnt go to the dark forest because she was able to make up for what she did, and she faught to the death for her clan instead of the dark forest, 3)Ashfur didnt pretend to feel bad but starclan gives us the reason he went there.he did what he did out of love.I dont think that justifys anything but thats the reason, 4)Crowfeathers sidequest kind of shows us that you dont choose, he was almost killed and woke up in the dark forest, but he didnt choose to go there and was afraid until ashfur came and asked what the heck was going on with him, All in all i think the concept of starclan and the darkforest are pretty akin to our own, if your evil you go to hell, if your good you go to heaven, About your 1) point, my intention was never to argue that any cat in the Dark Forest was a good cat, who didn't deserve to be in the Dark Forest, just to point out there is no defined metric as to why cats go to the Dark Forest, beyond a nebulous sense of "oh, well they're bad.". Heres a small Riverspirit lists characters that had insecurities that affected their lives. from the story Warriors: The Return Of The Greatest Heroes by CrazyFlamefur (Flamefur) with 2,660 reads. Is that how you treat fellow apprentices?! Yet he goes to StarClan and Mapleshade doesn't even though they both have similar motives (wanting to punish the cats that hurt them.) His apprentice, Flowerpaw, leaped in to save him, but died along with him. She is often described as ginger-and-white, and once to have white patches, as well as often described as tortoiseshell. She was apprenticed to Bloomheart and later became a warrior known as Mapleshade. Yeah, Larchkit chimed in, Hes nice! Patchkit nodded along with them. Mapleshade watched them elatedly, her heart about to bust with love. She left vowing that they would regret what they did that day forever. I am an admin of this site. Mapleshade vowed to the pregnant Reedshine that she would haunt Appledusk's descendants forever for what he did to her. this bothers me lots, because part of me genuinely wanted Mapleshade to go to StarClan (yeah, I'd read the books prior to that) when I read Mapleshade's Vengeance. She was proven to be right, as Goosefeather's ability slowly overwhelmed him and drove him mad, without the need for her input. Why would you want to go to StarClan? Shes not like Rainflower (Crookedstars mother) or Onestar, who abandoned her kits because of choice! She trusts me now, and I'm so close to the truth! You get rejected from StarClan if you truly are evil. This leads me to my final theory, which is the only thing that I think truly makes sense: cats choose to go to StarClan or the Dark Forest. Mapleshade's kits survive the journey to RiverClan and grow up in the new Clan. Or evil? Hawkfrost especially since he found it easy to manipulate Mothwing and make fake signs.). She fought in the Great Battle and attempted to kill Sandstorm, but instead killed Spottedleaf for protecting Sandstorm, where she was chased back to the Dark Forest. Thistleclaw was arrogant, aggressive, and had a thirst for leadership. I hope you never see Ravenwing in StarClan. My point here is that I think "Ashfur went to StarClan not the Dark Forest because he loved too much" is a really weak argument and doesn't actually justify him being in StarClan since it is directly contradicted by another instance in canon, which is Mapleshade's situation. Like what level of a bad thing does a cat have to do or think or whatever to go to the Dark Forest? His gaze turned to Mapleshade. This led him to revealing the truth to the whole of ThunderClan. TVTropes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. I looked for revenge whenever I could! They bounded beside Mapleshade, and the tortoiseshell queen could tell her kits were excited. At the Gathering, Mapleshade sees Reedshine with Appledusk and is jealous. The following night, she waits at Highstones and kills Ravenwing at the Moonstone. Ashfur, however, is a bit more complicated he never actually breaks the code he's only ever given the chance to make threats to murder in the case of trying to murder Jayfeather and his siblings. Petalkit sniffed the newcomer. Being ordered to leave RiverClan's territory without even getting to attend her kits' burial, Mapleshade was heartbroken and enraged all over again, and vowed revenge upon her former mate. It will be my first time!! In the eyes of StarClan, though, what Mapleshade did was nothing worth banning her to the Dark Forest - she loved a cat from another Clan, and the kits died accidentally. She became cold, vicious, ruthless, manipulative,and obsessively vengeful, her psychedistorting to the point of insanity. Momma, whos that? Patchkit asked quietly. And, while its a little bit fuzzier with Thistleclaw, he did tell Tigerpaw to attack Tiny, and may have had him killed if Bluefur hadnt stepped in, and also the whole Spottedleafs Heart thing, which is controversial and problematic and I dont want to get too into it here, but overall we can agree was gross and bad. I love all the thought put into this! I looked for revenge whenever I could! Momma knows whats best, mewed the one and only Patchkit, who Mapleshade adored how he would always stand up for her. Yeah, Mapleshade agreed quicklyand nervously. Ravenwing was checking the herb pile and the roof, and when I asked to help him, he said he was fine. Long before she troubled the dreams of Crookedstar or Tigerclaw, Mapleshade was a warrior of ThunderClan. You will live to regret this day forever, ThunderClan, and that is a promise.Mapleshade when she is exiled from ThunderClan. To be a loner when all you tried to do was love? Heartbroken and enraged, Mapleshade left, swearing vengeance. Mapleshade was a ThunderClan warrior that served under Oakstar's leadership in the forest territories and a Dark Forest member. Deathberries come from the dark-leaved yew bush and can be characterized by their bright red color. Alternately, maybe it has to do with your connections in StarClan. And, yeah I put Mapleshade in the murdering because of a purpose category (wanting to get revenge because of the death of her kits,) but not the murdering for fun category. 3. Wasppaw was seething. (Birchface has SkyClan blood!) She admired them quickly. One day when the kits are two moons old, Mapleshade is tired of an elder criticizing the kits for not jumping as well as Birchface, and so she sneaks out of camp with them to take them swimming in the river. When this is revealed, she is exiled and attempts to go to Riverclan. I find the fact that it seems like the Dark Forest is a choice strange, but interesting. Their lives didn't matter to her, even though she spent so much time with them. Not wanting to lie to her Clanmates, but also not wanting to put her kits in danger, Mapleshade neither confirmed or denied this assumption, instead letting Frecklewish spread the false rumor. I really like your analysis! By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Larchpaw just looked at the sky absent-mindedly. Villain Episode: This novella shows Mapleshade's downfall and how she first became a villain. You will regret this, Appledusk. Appledusk will live on in his kits, and their kits in turn.