What? Guitar Slim (Blues Man) I agree,,,,, who ever made this list has a lot of nerve claiming that this list is the top 50, I disagree on the placement as well as the guitarist.. Who ever made this list, first of all, has no taste!!! A greatest guitarist list without Prince in the top 10 is not a greatest guitarist list. He is not on this list and just like TINA S, was not mentioned by anyone except ME!! 1. Each have their own thing. 31. He has been active in several humanitarian endeavors and has endorsed various causes. By far the greatest guitarist to have ever lived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Science? No Mike Campbell, no Steve Morse, No Ulie Jon Roth, to name a few. The Bulls' second championship was won in large part because of Kerr's contributions. Oh, well. No Steven Stills? Their names are Alex Lifeson and John Petrucci. Es un crimen poner a Ritchie Blackmore en el puesto 26. His crocodile Hunter's passion for learning about Australian animals led to a successful career as a conservationist. Member of the Smiths best known by his surname. Yea, right. No Ted Nugent. Quincy Jones. It is very obvious to me the author never played the guitar let alone his skill in music. Sadly, Quicksilver Messenger Services Gary Duncan is always missing from these lists, He deserves to be there, you just have to listen. If you're interested in this topic, be sure to read more on 10+ Most Famous Singers + Celebrities Named Hank. People obviously have different likes and dislikes but come on!!! DJANGO REINHARDT 26?. Use Gemtracks to find a mastering engineer to put the final touches on your song. Well guess who played bass on Flash? Yup, Keith didlook it up! I know a couple of guitarists just starting out. It is especially hard to rank anyone who was also a good singer and composer. List of Famous People named Steve Name Steve is among the most common names in USA, Canada. theres a record called blow by blow, it came out in 75long before you guys were born, i am surebut you ought to check it out. Stanley Jordan???? Johnny Winter is #47 Lame, this thing is B.S. It was Big Jim Sullivan, who wound up playing on an amazing array of 700 hit records, many of them timeless, before beginning a long stint in Tom Jones Vegas-era band. Slash 46 on list needs to be in top15. But Hendrix was no Clapton. start with Hendrix, then Trower, Yngwie Malmsteen Pat Metheny, Mike Oldfiel, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Tony Iommi, Joe Walsh, Santana, John McGlothin, and Frank Marino, in that order! Although he lived on past Glorys for the past 30 odd years. Jimmy Reed (Blues Guitarist Or Steve Hillage (#1, imo)? keith richards at #5 are you fuggin kiddin me! Johnny Winter should be higher. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENJuNCkPfx0. Marie Lloyd, Hiawatha (His Song to Minnehaha) - Check out: Like A Hurricane, Of all the great blues-rock guitarists, Rory Gallagher had to be the most fiery soloist; give him a slide and hed melt your mind with fluent riffs and dazzling speed. You people truly missed the mark by placing George Harrison well out to the Top 10! I dont know why they even list 1 to 100. Check out: Crossroads, You might say that BB King was half of the greatest vocal duo in blues history. Nine better players than Jeff Beck? If there is any doubt about Gary Moore do yourself a favour and watch the Blue Ray version of Blues for Jimi and if the compilers of this list are not sure maybe they should speak to Mitch Mitchell and Billy Cox about how good Gary Moore was. "SONG NAME" what a wonderful name for a(n) GENRE song! Considering a rock list .. Neil Schon is still incredible to this day. Just add them to the list! A headline that states best in music (WAY too broad of a claim) is bound to rile people up, especially when the list fails to represent all genres; I would put Beck at #2 hes the only other player who can move mountains with a single note and a whammy bar. Jeff Barry's son posted on one of the Monkees threads. There is a live version of Split Part 2 where he does very incredible work and creates totally unique sounds and acoustically his tribute to John Lee Hooker (Mr. The name of Steve Mackey's parents and what they do is not written anywhere on the web page, but whenever we come to know, we will write here. What? Sadly, Williams is a classical guitarist but his ability on the guitar wipes the floor of every one of these 50 musicians. one day the best guitarists reunited to establish once and for all who was Guitarist Number One: .at the meeting, Eric Clapton said: I am number one because I initiated the movement that created this debate in the first place, .then Jimmy Page said, no I am number one because I expanded the guitar prescence into every music style there is; no!! Dude, are you blind man? See the name of Alvin Lee above among the comments, very rightfully how could he be missed out? The list isnt too bad IMO. Christ peopleits just a best of list. I can name a french girl that can blow everyone away: TINA S!!! dont think so! Most of the people on this list given her music couldnt play it. So predictable Hendrix, Page & Clapton top the list. 50 better than John Lee Hooker? Steve Rothery what about Glen Campbell? But once Chet Atkins had been there and done that, he devised the more elegant, gentlemanly style that not only defined his sound, but defined the Nashville Sound from the mid-60s onwards. Use our submission service to send your songs to Spotify playlists, magazines and even record labels! There is NO Top 50, or Top 10 or Top anything. Who taught Hendrix those licks..TERRY KATH !! List of Christian country artists. Both with Sonic Youth and as a solo artist, he remains an alt.rock guitar hero. Not even open for discussion. OR Jimi against James Burton ? However, it was his main show, 'The Steve Harvey Show,' which aired from 1996 to 2002, that catapulted him to prominence. Alvin Lees No Limit The best playing his best. Check out: Surfing with the Alien, When youre a current, full-time member of both Crazy Horse and the E Street Band, your status as a great songwriters guitarist is unshakeable. 6. Mel Columcille Gerard Gibson was born January 3, 1956 in Peekskill, New York, USA, as the sixth of eleven children of Hutton Gibson, a railroad brakeman, and Anne Patricia (Reilly) Gibson (who died in December of 1990).His mother was Irish, from County Longford, while his American-born father is . Seriously?? Also Id put SRV at 2 and maybe even 1. Listen to there guitar play and you will know why. Gemtracks is a marketplace for original beats and instrumental backing tracks you can use for your own songs. Alan Holdsworth is #2 in the world. Not of any one style or genre. Jeff Schroeder Steve is a popular name. Get your FREE eBook on how to skyrocket your music career. I agree ive seen gary moore he,s the best ive ever seen,and what about hank marvin, or even bert weeden,most of these would not be around if not for these,or even Robert Johnson who started most of the blus. BUT those mentioned by everyone are all awesome names! CARTER LOW???!!! merit to be at top of this charts, I Dont See Ronny Montrose,, Pete Townshend,, Or the Late Great Tommy Bolin,, Who ever made this list is way, way Off Base,, ???? Such is the nature of these lists. 5. Mark Farner should rank among rocks best guitarists EVER, period, end of story.dumbasses. With this music you want dirtiness and true raw emotion of which Keith provides an infinite amount. Lists of 100 work great until you get out of the 80s. He was active as a solo artist and with several bands. We devote our program to one of the most scathing and insightful indictments of the modern-day corporate media, particularly their subservience to power centers and how they eagerly spread disinformation campaigns in service to that power. A blazing soloist even into his 80s, hes pulled countless rock-trained ears over to the blues camp and inspired everyone from Jimi Hendrix to Eric Clapton. And nobody looks more rocknroll doing it. STEVIE RAY GONE! Or Larry Carlton against Ace Frehely ? Here is my first list, I am sure there are many more. Steve McQueen (actor) born on March 24, 1930. He really made his way into everyone's hearts as his starring role on The Office. While out walking, my mind wandered onto the names of famous guitar players. Keith Richards at #5? COOK: AZUL I know I am good but this cat blows me away. Sloppy guitar? My thought exactlyAlvin Lee has to be in the top 50 somewhere! Who got the Rotate Right button and clicked it right? I agree with Alvin Lee and Kim Simmons, what about Ronnie Montrose and Frank Marino. The deepest catalog of music and he continues to record and release new material. I think that PETER TOWNSHENDS association with PRINCESS MARGARET gives him an edge overe all guitarists!!! And watch n listen to Clapton live in San Diego its rock band class 101 such great musicians and the professor EC at the top of his game. That you failed to read. I really should pass these things by. Burman. WHERE IS SENNA? Thanks for Warren Haynes (remember him playing Cortez the Killer wrong right title? The great part was, they were right. When he joined for the third album On the Border, they suddenly transformed from tasteful country-rockers to a guitar army. Apart from Wes Montgomery no jazz guitarists at all??!!?? A great guitarist is someone that changed music, the way it was played and others followed. theres so much wrong with this list, it is barely worth commenting on. My list: Since this is always a very personal thing to rank certain musicians, I would just like to add two, that should belong here, at least from my perspective: 2. Funny this thread came up. Now expose your song to as many people as possible to win new fans. HE IS NOT THE NIMBER 1 GUITAR PLAYER. Your email address will not be published. Elmore James (Blues Guitarist) A list like this is moronic and is a liberals idea of what everyone should think, and that one size fits all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSwTbB8AmPc. Who ever put this list together has obviously not listened to Carlo Santana very much, he belongs at #2 right between Jimi and Eric. Prince (No need to comment, Clapton thought he has the best) He hosted the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards in September 2017. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'gemtracks_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_15',624,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-gemtracks_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0');Steve Winwood is a Grammy Award-winning English musician best known for his album 'Back in the High Life.' On those records in particular, Mark Knopflers soloing is clean, economical, and effortlessly tasty. And Stevie Ray Vaughn should be next after Jimi Hendrix not behind Keith Richards What is so special about Keith Richards? 23. First Name Surname Information; Steve: Guitarist for band Yes. There are a number of others whose omission from the list I question as well. Wrong order. Stupid list. Yes, Andres Segovia HAS to be on the list and near the top. After researching her work, my only thought was she probably taught Chuck Berry a thing or to. Dont trust a list who put Keith Richards above Jeff Beck!! Try using the Internet before you spew your bullshit. I believe that TOTOS AFRICA is the greatest pop hit of all time (even though Steve shows off his talent mostly in other songs). Since Jimi there have been many many superb guitarists and to pick one above another is after all personal opinion. You1 left out the guy who eraced the line between blues and Rock Johnny Winter should be at the top of the list. Indeed most of his solos were little more than feedback, noise and showmanship but musically poor! Your list is not even close to right , Hendrix shouldnt be in the top 20 , volume is not talent , a chimp can make noise with a guitar , Clapton , Page , Vaughn , thats the real axe men . Leo Kotke, John McLaughlin, John Mayhalltoo many left out. Steve Miller of the Steve Miller Band Although he wasn't born in Dallas, rocker/blues singer Steve Miller moved here with his family when he was seven years old. Buddy Guy (Chicago blues Man) In addition to providing him with the opportunity to polish his humorous skills, it also allowed him to break into Hollywood. Maybe 131! But SRV, Gilmore, and Moore arent far behind. Mick grant,Giacomo Agostini,mike hailwood,joey Dunlop,Kenny Roberts,Barry Sheene,Phil read,oops I digress. 5-Tina S Those bass string solos on Galveston and Wichita Lineman are models of economy, but if you really want to be impressed, check out his live version of MacArthur Park, proving his spot on a list of the greatest guitarists is more than well-earned. In fact, I DOUBLE DARE you. Nancy Wilson of Heart is not in the top 50? PHILL HILL? its called words. Born May 26th, 1948. its the whole picture, You want to see the best ever watch clapton play stormy monday at the Cream re union concerts wake up and smell the roses because he ticks all the boxes.. not the one thats 6 ft under and a myth. Not worth the bandwidth it takes up. The 19-year-old former nursery school teacher was awkward, shy, and quiet when she first caught the eye of Prince Charles. this can result in this site earning a commission. Joe should be at the top and Tommy just brilliant. Bullshit list made up by some ding dong in his pajamas. Where is Neal SCHON of Journey!!!!! Discover the most famous people named Stevie including Stevie Wonder, Stevie Nicks, Stevie J., Stevie Boebi, Stevie Ray Vaughan and many more. Elliott Randall-Lead guitar on Reelin In The Years.should be on the list. We could argue all day but each of us has are own taste. Look WAY above who I think #1 is! Their most notable profession was Musician, singer, songwriter, record producer ,multi-instrumentalist. I realize this list is very subjective, as everyone would draw it up differently if asked to do so, and I appreciate that, but I am quite dubious to the notion that any type of science was used in the making of this list. When he made his first appearance on SNL, his fame skyrocketed, and he was requested to host the show on 15 separate occasions. BB KING is #4 BUT he is WAY overrated! Its surprising that more great rock guitarists (aside from Carlos Santana who famously covered Gypsy Queen) havent namechecked Gabor Szabo more often, since he was arguably the most rock-friendly of all the mid-60s jazz greats. Joe Bonamassa Very long ago and I was a witness. Blues guitarist backed by band Double Trouble. The man was God.. Just watch his full Woodstock performance. Surely fans of The Office (US) will know Steve Carell as another Steve. Check out: We All Remember Wes, Glen Campbell had hundreds of Wrecking Crew sessions under his belt before launching his solo career, and always played the guitar on his own records. Joe Walsh John Harrington Nils Lofgren Steve Lukather Lowell George JohnMcFee. British maybe ? DAVEY really shows off in LOVE LIES BLEEDING!! One of the most well-known Steve is unquestionably Steve Spielberg. Hes pretty damn good as well. His rhythm guitar is pretty unique as well with awesome timing and funkiness. Have we missed one of yours? Baden Powell Unreal speed. CLAPTON can play any kind of music an he can play faster than even any heavy metal guitarists he just doesnt do it all the time because he is HUMBLE and mainly a blues master but nobody can play more complicated scales than him he also is the best original song writer since everything he plays he WROTE HIMSELF and he has been playing for 60 years and hes still sso original, powerful, awesome on stage and off cuzhe is a TRUE guitar God who can even sing amazing voice while playing at he same time nuff said! Have you not heard of Alvin Lee (Ten Years After) ?? A lot of money was made while he was part of the band. Check out: You Keep Me Hangin On, Famously the first rocknroller to get banned for an instrumental, when 50s-era parents feared that the switchblade guitar sounds on Rumble were enough to induce gang violence. How is he NOT on this list as well? Hes not a guitarists arsehole. I dont think having SRV above Keith Richards is. 5. Perhaps it should be called the fifty most famous guitarists. that list sucks all wrong heres your real and very best guitarist roy clark duane eddy chet atkins the ventures I could go on and on way to many so how do u pick the best u dont they are all very good. Charlie Christian REPLACE him with CARLOS SANTANA. , But then again, probably not many here who even know who that is . The other half was his guitar, Lucille, whose elegant, pleading tone said everything that the words couldnt completely express. Tone, technique, and style is everything. Stevie should be #2 There are definitely a few actor/comedian's on this list. In the long run this is all about personal preference. I would say those four are head and shoulders above almost everyone on this list. He has four patents to his name. Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, May 13, 2010. Hendrix had another agenda all his own. Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits. Every one of these guys deserves a mention in the top 25, much less top fifty. Neil Young is missing? While Brian Eno gets most of the credit, the chair next to him was . I agree with about 2/3 of the list. He was playing fusion and worldbeat before either had a name, and he got into Indian music, on 1966s landmark Jazz Raga, before George Harrison did. R.D. Then you add Gilmore and his fantastic depth. He was of his time but not particularly technically gifted. I think Keith Urban & Brad Paisly need to be there somewhere. Steve Vai born on June 6, 1960.