The sudden ouster of Fox Sports President Jamie Horowitz and the suspension of Fox Business Host Charles Payne this week are the latest signs of a sea shift in the Murdoch-run entertainment giant in its response to allegations of sexual harassment. Allisons television career started with her working behind the scenes at ABC News. Fox News announced that OReilly would not return tothe network following its external investigation into claims of sexual harassment. Fox News, in a separate statement addressing the allegations that the network knew about prior sexual misconduct by Henry, said, "There were not sexual harassment claims against Ed Henry at FOX News prior to Jennifer Eckhart's claim on June 25, 2020.". Fox news sought arbitration and called Tantaros not a victim but an opportunist.. Murdaugh is heckled as he leaves court, Two Russian tanks annihilated with bombs by Ukrainian armed forces, Pavement where disabled woman gestured at cyclist before fatal crash, Alex Murdaugh unanimously found GUILTY of murder of wife and son, Dozens stuck in car park as staff refuses to open gate for woman, Missing hiker buried under snow forces arm out to wave to helicopter, Insane moment river of rocks falls onto Malibu Canyon in CA, Isabel Oakeshott clashes with Nick Robinson over Hancock texts, Gay news anchor gives tepid apology after offensive COVID tweet spawns backlash / LGBTQ Nation. My name is Maureen Umeh and I'm an anchor and reporter for FOX 5 Morning. Bush. 'Fox & Friends First' News Anchor Heather Childers Was Fired For "Looking Sick". New heartbreak for Liz Hurley, 57, as third former partner dies: Actor Tom Sizemore, 61, suffers fatal brain aneurysm a year after her ex-fiance Shane Warne's death from a heart attack at 52 - while father to her son Damian lost his life to suicide in 2020, Security footage reveals moment Jackson Mahomes - younger brother of Super Bowl champion Patrick - 'sexually assaulted 40-year-old female bar owner', Disney removes 'zip-a-dee-doo-dah' music from parade over links to 1946 film 'Song of the South' which pushed racial stereotypes amid its ultra-woke makeover which saw fan favorite Splash Mountain reimagined, Mother in custody for allegedly stabbing her five young children, killing three, when CPS worker checked on her for having unsupervised visits at Texas home. The other plaintiff, former Fox Business associate producer Jennifer Eckhart, claims that Henry raped her, in addition to committing other sexual misconduct against her. The sudden exit of Horowitz after two years programming the companys FS1 and FS2 cable sports channels signals a relatively new zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment allegations under CEO James Murdoch and executive co-chairman Lachlan Murdoch who took over day-to-day oversight of the company from their father, founding CEO Rupert Murdoch, two years ago. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Fox News in a statement said that an investigation had found that all of Areu's claims against the men, other than Henry, were "false" and that it intended to fight her allegations. Ailes denied the claims. Then obese.. 'I've struggled with weight my entire life and used to be on the brink of suicide from being judged and shamed by people just like you. The suit names as defendants Fox News, Hannity, Carlson and Kurtz and was filed on behalf of Eckhart and Areu by lawyersDouglas Wigdor and Michael Willemin. The Manhattan federal court lawsuit comes three weeks after Fox News fired Henry for what the network said was sexual misconduct. I know that is not your intention. Signing off one last time from FOX5 Morning , A post shared by Allison (@allisonseymour66) on Aug 7, 2020 at 3:58pm PDT. WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) - FOX 5 thanks Allison Seymour for her dedication over the last 21 years on her final day. as well as other partner offers and accept our. FTVLive was the FIRST to tell you that longtime WTTG Anchor Shawn Yancy was leaving the Fox O&O. Yancy signed off from the station after almost 20 years. Heres what we know. The federal suit says that one of the plaintiffs, Cathy Areu, also was sexually harassed by other high-profile men at Fox News, including Hannity, host Tucker Carlson, journalist Howard Kurtz and contributor Gianno Caldwell. D.C.s FOX 5 News anchor Blake McCoy, whos gay, has been suspended from his job following a flurry of complaints over a comment he posted on Twitter Feb. 23 saying he is annoyed that obese people of all ages are on the priority list for obtaining the COVID vaccine. NEW YORK Fox News on Wednesday fired daytime news anchor Ed Henry after an investigation of sexual misconduct in the workplace. Please know that this decision was not an easy one to make, but it was mine and my familys decision entirely. During his time there, he served as station manager for the university's WOUB radio for two years. She served as the first female main anchor at WBNG in Binghamton, N.Y. and helped launch WXXAs 10 p.m. news broadcast in Albany, N.Y. One more week coming to you live from my home while #socialdistancing is in the books! The other plaintiff, Areu's fellow former Fox News employee Jennifer Eckhart, claims that Henry raped her, in addition to committing other sexual misconduct against her. Sign up for free newsletters and get more CNBC delivered to your inbox. "On that day, Mr. Hannity, on set and in front of the entire studio crew and completely unsolicited threw $100 on the set desk. Under Phase 1C Tier 1 in D.C., people that have obesity with a BMI over 30 kg/m are eligible to receive their COVID-19 vaccine along with those who are immunocompromised, pregnant and have preexisting health conditions, among other conditions. "She was also subjected to inappropriate sexual harassment and retaliation by Mr. Hannity, Mr. Carlson, Mr. Kurtz and Gianno Caldwell. Stayed tuned - Alex Murdaugh's sordid tale is just getting started, Alex Murdaugh's head is shaved as he is booked into South Carolina prison fortress for weeks of evaluation before being sent to a maximum security facility housing the 'worst of the worst', At least 10 dead as wild storms lash the U.S: Tornadoes and golf ball-sized hail topples trucks and leaves one million without power in Kentucky, Alabama and Arkansas - after dumping 17 feet of snow in California, 'You should resign in disgrace': AOC is mocked on Twitter for celebrating Amazon job cuts after behemoth announced it was halting construction of second HQ in Northern Virginia. Prior to that, she worked as a general. There really isn't even an apology in his tweet'. NEW YORK (AP) Fox News Channel stars Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson and Howard Kurtz were accused of sexual harassment by a frequent on-air guest in a lawsuit filed Monday that the network called frivolous and untrue. The Fox 5 station in Washington, DC, has suspended a news anchor who tweeted his annoyance that obese Americans have been getting the vaccine early before being slammed for his comments and. ", "Following the show, Mr. Carlson, hardly making any effort to hide his intentions, began telling Ms. Areu that he would be alone in New York City that night, and specifically said that he would be staying alone in his hotel room without any wife or kids," the suit said. Fox News said in its statement,"Based on the findings of a comprehensive independent investigation conducted by an outside law firm, including interviews with numerous eyewitnesses, we have determined that all of Cathy Areu's claims against FOX News, including its management as well as its hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity & Howard Kurtz and its contributor Gianno Caldwell, are false, patently frivolous and utterly devoid of any merit.". This is not one of those cases.". I have deleted my tweet and ask that you accept my sincere apology.". Local News on FOX 5 DC. ", After a December 2018 appearance by Areu on Carlson's show, according to the suit, the host told her he was going to the network's annual Christmas party, but would only be staying for "a quick appearance. McCoy deleted the original tweet and posted an apology about three hours later after his comment came under fire, with some calling on McCoy to resign or be fired. Another user shared: 'My sister suffers from a number of mental health issues which in turn has caused her to deal with obesity her entire life. But Henry was not fired or even disciplined after those earlier accusations, the suit says. 6am-9am News Anchor at Fox5-DC 9am-11am Host Good Day DC Ailes produced the famous "revolving door" ad for Bush, which painted Democratic nominee Michael Dukakis as soft on crime. 'Take her on a date to Del Friscos,' " the suit claims. She has 11 nieces and nephews and enjoys spending time with them whenever she can. He accused the network of double standards in how it handles sexual misconduct allegations. Also Read: 13 Women Who've Accused Former Fox News Boss Roger Ailes of Sexual Harassment (Photos), July 19, 2016: Megyn Kelly saysshe was sexually harassed by Ailes. Keane said the suspension was related to McCoys tweet about obese people and the COVID vaccine. In 2007, she became the main anchor of the FOX 5 Morning Show and Good Day DC. Ms. Areu awkwardly sidestepped Mr. Carlson's advances and declined to spend the night at his hotel.". Play it now! Henry provides no evidence to substantiate the allegation of the affair. Nevertheless, Fox News would have the public believe that it is a different place from the Fox News that was run by former disgraced Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes.". Jamie Horowitz was abruptly ousted from his position as president Fox Sports National Networksamid allegations of sexual harassment against Horowitz, an individual familiar with the matter toldthe New York Times. But she said the station would have no further comment at this time. Areu is suing on all of the same grounds as Eckhart other than the sex-trafficking violations. It came after the network found evidence of "willful sexual misconduct" involving a former colleague, Jennifer Eckhart, in an internal investigation. In a complaint filed on Monday , a 27-year-old Fox News associate producer alleged that Napolitano has "sexually harassed numerous young male employees during his tenure at Fox News." All were hired by Roger Ailes, the former network boss who exited in August 2016 amid a sexual harassment scandal. A bombshell lawsuit accuses former Fox News chief national correspondent Ed Henry of raping one woman, and says that the network's star anchor Sean Hannity once offered $100 to staffers to . A bombshell lawsuit filed by two women Monday accused former Fox News chief national correspondent Ed Henry of raping one of them and says that the network's star anchor Sean Hannity once offered $100 to staffers to "date" another woman who also accuses Henry of sexual harassment. DC could be option for new Washington Commanders stadium: report, Tennessee becomes first state to ban drag shows on public property, Experts weigh-in on the connections between the opioid crisis and vaping, FITDC HerStory 5k kicks off in DC Saturday, Paste & Rind Cheese Co. opens cheese counter and tasting bar, Previewing 'The DMV Makes Music' songwriter's showcase, Local man inspires others during World Obesity Day, Ice Cream Jubilee releases new flavors for Women's History Month, DC Cherry Blossoms: 2023 peak bloom date predictions revealed, Pot smoking lounge set to open in Montgomery County is first of its kind, DC government employee accused of killing Karon Blake indicted, DC police formed specialized team to confiscate illegal ATVs and Dirt Bikes, 2023s Happiest Cities in America: D.C., Maryland and Virginia. March 8, 2017: Fox News settles with Tamara N. Holder. Earlier today I Tweeted something insensitive and offensive, McCoy posted. I truly regret my words and want to apologize. Some of the posters said they called Fox 5 News to complain about McCoys post. He resigned in July 2016 after former host Gretchen. In her free time, you can find Jeannette at a local coffee shop with a latte and a good book. "We take all claims of harassment, misconduct and retaliation seriously, promptly investigating them and taking immediate action as needed in this case, the appropriate action based on our investigation is to defend vigorously against these baseless allegations," Fox News said. She earned her bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism from Kent State University. In 1988, Ailes co-authored a self-help book with Jon Kraushar. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. In the last year, Fox has been rocked by damaging reports of misconduct by executives and on-air talent toward female workers, which have led to the removal of Fox News chairman Roger Ailes last summer, the firing of Fox News host Bill OReilly this spring and more than $40 million in payments to former employees to settle harassment claims. Fox News fired The Five co-hostBob Beckel on Friday after he was accused ofmaking an insensitive remark to an African-American employee. The WTTG website says McCoy has served as co-anchor on FOX 5 News weekday news shows at 4 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. McCoy could not immediately be reached for comment. @BLM The DMV community wants to know if Allison Seymour (News Anchor) was forced out of news anchor position with fox 5 news? Ailes continued consulting on presidential campaigns, serving as media consultant for three successful Republicans: Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. She also alleged that Fox News co-president . Fox 5 News anchor Blake McCoy was suspended on Tuesday after he made insensitive remarks about the COVID-19 vaccination rollout in Washington, D.C. "I'm annoyed obese people of all ages get priority vaccine access before all essential workers when most stayed home, we went into work everyday last March, April, May and everyday since putting ourselves & loved ones at risk," McCoy wrote in a since-deleted tweet on Tuesday. McCoy did not immediately respond to PEOPLE Magazine's request to comment. It adds that Eckhart believes Henry used the photos "as an intimidation tactic to silence her, and to be filed away and retained for purposes of blackmail that could destroy her career. The daughter of Dominican immigrants, she remembers how important the news was to her family and how it kept them connected to their relatives back home. https://t.co/Z2Pk3pjxjp. "Unfortunately, it is actually worse," the suit says. Also Read: 13 Most-Watched Fox News Shows Since Tucker Carlson Replaced Bill O'Reilly (Photos), April 3, 2017: Anotherlawsuit against Ailes andFox News. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. However, on Friday, Aug. 7, 2020, Allison somewhat abruptly announced that she would be leaving the station that very same day. Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group, Buster Murdaugh breaks cover to walk his dogs with girlfriend Brooklyn just one day after his father was given a life sentence for brutally executing his wife Maggie and youngest son Paul, 'I don't consider myself a celebrity': Trump sidesteps Mike Pompeo after former secretary of state warned CPAC audience not to follow 'celebrity leaders' with 'fragile egos', Five unexpected signs in your 20s and 30s you're at risk of developing heart disease later in life, America's best city for singles - with the most unattached women per capita and 55.4% of residents unmarried: 'You don't have to put in much effort', 'A strong black woman runs this b***h now': Staten Island superintendent claims text messages appearing to show her vowing to sack white principals amid push to hire more BIPOC staff are fake, This is the dating mistake you need to quit right now, writes JANA HOCKING, who says she thought everyone was aware of the 'shocking' rule by now: 'It's not cheating, get with the times', Massive gas tanker crashes in Maryland and EXPLODES into fireball killing the driver and setting local residents' homes ablaze as large plumes of black smoke and embers billow from crash site, Trump again wins CPAC Straw Poll - getting 62 percent to DeSantis' 20 with election denier Kari Lake voted attendees favorite VP pick, Regular exercise improves memory in old age even if taken up in 50s and 60s, research shows - as trials into whether keeping fit can delay dementia, 'I felt different to the rest of my family - and my mum felt the same': Prince Harry opens up on his 'broken home' upbringing saying parents rowing in front of children 'is not a good idea' - but FAILS to mention William once in 90min toxic trauma chat, 'He was a natural leader': Mourners gather for the funeral of Thai cave survivor who died aged 17 after being found in his dormitory in Britain while on a football academy scholarship, Mum, 35, whose weight battle led to three miscarriages and excruciating knee pain shares how she shed 28kg in six months to sculpt her dream body, Juror in Alex Murdaugh's double homicide trial says slain son Paul 'helped solve his own murder' after cops found 'crucial' video on his cell - and claims group PRAYED before delivering their guilty verdict, 'He was crying uncontrollably': Buster Murdaugh COLLAPSED in tears outside court following father Alex's conviction for murdering his mother and brother - after remaining stone-faced through six-week trial, Founder of Murdaugh legal dynasty in South Carolina was killed in a suspicious train accident in 1940 - and his son Buster benefited from it, MAUREEN CALLAHAN: A teen dead in the road a maid's corpse exhumed a 'sex worker' claiming rape all linked to one very powerful Southern family. Blake McCoy, who is the co-anchor for Fox 5's evening broadcasts, made the remarks on Tuesday afternoon. Several people responded on Twitter saying they did not think McCoys apology was sincere. It's a new shift for me after being here at FOX 5 since 2002 and anchoring and reporting on. Get this delivered to your inbox, and more info about our products and services. Shawn Yancy and Allison Seymour. Prior to that, she worked as a general assignment reporter for the ABC affiliate in Washington, D.C., where she covered Pope Francis visit to the nations capital, among other highlights. Ailes was named president of CNBC in 1993, where he launched the new cable network America's Talking, which was shut down and replaced with future Fox News competitor MSNBC. She followed longtime morning Anchor Allison Seymour, who left the station after more than 20 years there. Also Read: 11 Women Who Have Left Fox News Shows, From Megyn Kelly to Laurie Dhue (Photos). I agree with TheWrap's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy and provide my consent to receive marketing communications from them. The rep also confirmed his suspension was due to his comments on Twitter. Is it a bad idea for supervisors to reach out to a fired employee? Fox 5 News anchor Blake McCoy was suspended on Tuesday after he made insensitive remarks about the COVID-19 vaccination rollout in Washington, D.C. "I'm annoyed obese people of all ages get . Jeannette Reyes is an anchor for FOX 5 Morning and Good Day D.C. I have deleted my tweet and ask that you accept my sincere apology.. Article continues below advertisement In this combination photo, Ed Henry, from left, speaks on "Fox & Friends" on Sept. 6, 2019, in New York, Tucker Carlson arrives for the 60th anniversary celebration of NBC's Meet the Press on Nov . How Florida clinics treat transgender youth before ban, Tags:Blake McCoy, Erica Keane, FOX 5 News, Twitter, WTTG. The hostdenied the claims. And "when she would not comply voluntarily, he sexually assaulted her on office property, and raped her at a hotel where Fox News frequently lodged its visiting employees," the suit alleges. SHOOTING NEAR AUDI FIELD: DC Police confirm around 9pm, an adult male was shot, is now in critical condition, 1500 blk of 1st St SW. No lookout at this time. Del Frisco's is a steakhouse in midtown Manhattan that is a watering hole for Fox News staff, whose offices are just across the street from the eatery. After first meeting Richard Nixon on the set of "The Mike Douglas Show," Ailes was hired by the then-presidential candidate to be his media advisor during the campaign, which marked his first professional foray into politics. Payne denied allegations of sexual harassment, calling them an ugly lie.. She is a member of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists and the National Association of Black Journalists. Have you got a hot news tip that you'd like to share with us? When you visit this site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. She was later inducted into the Scripps Howard School of Journalism Hall of Fame from her alma mater. Stay up to date with what you want to know. Although Allison has only just left FOX 5 DC, her most dedicated fans cant wait to see whats next for her career and personal life. Sign up for notifications from Insider! "Ed Henry looks forward to presenting actual facts and evidence, which will contradict the fictional accounts contained in the complaint. Erica Keane, a Fox 5 spokesperson, tells PEOPLE, "Blake McCoy has been suspended from WTTG-FOX 5 pending further review. July 6, 2016: Gretchen Carlson files lawsuit against Roger Ailes. Henry says in the lawsuit that he provided Scott with evidence rebutting the sexual misconduct claims against him by Eckhart but she went ahead and released the statement anyway. I have deleted my tweet and ask that you accept my sincere apology. Although Allisons last-day announcement was certainly abrupt, she hasnt given any public indication that the change wasnt her idea. Global Business and Financial News, Stock Quotes, and Market Data and Analysis. The \"Like It Or Not\" crew says it's never a good decision!MORE LIKE IT OR NOT: https://bit.ly/3a5nQZ9Subscribe to FOX 5 DC: https://www.youtube.com/channel/fox5dc?sub_confirmation=1FOX 5 DC is your number one news source for breaking news, live events, weather and more in D.C., Maryland and Virginia.STAY CONNECTED:INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/fox5dc/TWITTER https://twitter.com/fox5dcFACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/fox5dcOn the go? July 9, 2016: Six other women claimAiles harassed them. Why did Allison leave Fox News? In 2016, Ailes was accused of sexual harassment by ousted Fox News host Gretchen Carlson. We want to hear from you. 'When most stayed home, we went into work everyday last March, April, May and everyday since putting ourselves & loved ones at risk. STAY CONNECTED AND STAY AHEAD WITH FOX 5 DC. Boeing employee bought lottery ticket because it was at $747M, a nod to the aircraft. It goes on to claim that Scott had "repeatedly covered up sexual misconduct by senior Fox News management.".