Ibanez RG420HPFM ; GRASS ROOTS G-I-48LP-iv ; PRS Singlecut 10top 2002 ; fernandes sustainer ; Fender Japan TEXAS [da] Ibanez S5470 SOL Inner-shredder feeling: both guitars are perfectly valid for shredding/fast playing IMHO. The budget-friendly equivalent - the AZ Essentials series - carries the torch well, delivering one of the best budget Strat-style guitars around. But a strat with a non-locking two-point or six-screw trem? I didnt try the real HSS ultra but based on the SSS and AP2 HSS. Nope. The amazing bit to me is doing the trem swell at the beginning of Satch Boogie. Daniel Defense firearms, parts and accessories, https://www.kieselguitars.com/catalog/guitars/t6, Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models. For the money they are hard to beat IMO. Im used to a 9.5 across the whole fretboard and love it. Youre just looking for that mass. #1. You must log in or register to reply here. Great: https://amzn.to/2NEfU0RI always tweet deals on guitars when I see them. I have 5 guitars and just realized I dont really love any of them so after much debate and countless hours on google Ive narrowed it down to a Suhr or Ibanez AZ. Cool and vintage, but the Ibanez AZ looks a bit more boutique? I think they also make Telecaster variants, I meannot very original if you ask me. 2.9 178. You are using an out of date browser. Jan 25, 2021. Fretwork isn't always great on a Prestige either but generally better than Premium, yes. Hi guys, looking for some guitar buying advice. I dont know what that says about the Ultra or about the Player. But, how much of an upgrade does it feel from a Player HSS MIM? Not bad at all for more modern lead guitar solos. I love mine, and it's inexpensive enough that if you didn't love the pups you could drop 3-400 on replacements and still have less than 1500 in it. The new Ibanez AZ series looks like they had Suhr in their sights, and the new Ultra Strats (which I recently acquired, and dearly love!) Seriously GASsing for an AZ Prestige but can't decide between the HSS or HH model. Players of other genres may not be as interested in the Ibanezs ability to make fusion legato playing so smooth. Some people refuse to buy any guitar made in China, but many made in China guitars are fine. Get all the details on one of their Prestige flagship models the AZ2402. The philosophy behind this series is to bring the tone, versatility and, playability of this celebrated lineup to a wider array of beginner and intermediate players. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them. The Prestige stuff is top notch. The series incorporates ideas and suggestions from musicians from around the world as the cornerstones of the Prestige production process. is Suhr really that much better? I will keep thinking about it but I am so torn as the guitars are so different. The Ibanez AZ is basically their take on a Suhr Modern, and isn't really their traditional RG style superstrat. I might buy one again if used prices go down again. ibanez saitosuhribanez Elad ez a remek mini distortion pedl, ami a hres Suhr Riot pedl hangzst idzi. I'd agree, the pickups are certainly different. I never use the middle pickup on its own. There are quite a few differences between the two inc the scale length and fretboard radius which can change the way it feels to play as well. Though the price range of the AZ series isn't low (around $1300 US for the Premium Indonesian models and $2000+ for the Prestige Japanese models), they are generally a more affordable option . Both guitars play like a dream. IMO great instruments vs the similar suhrs/anderson builds they stack up well at a good price point. So I've been doing research on buying a new guitar for a while now, and basically what I'm looking for is: I was finally settled on Ibanez AZ2402 but now many people are saying if I'm willing to pay that much I might as well go for the Suhr modern satin which is like 400 pounds more. I like a TUSQ XL nut, and thats around USD$10. For beginners, the extra push will be . Kicsi s ers, sszecsukhat a knny . I just bought the AZS version so I could have a tele with the same feel. Suhr ClassicIbanez AZNFender MB 60s, 29327 178 876 392 206 106, , "" On paper, elliptical is too thin for me if it was a c shape. Like I said, the AZ is basically Ibanezs take on a Suhr Modern. Today its basically like buying a toaster. Az SAGS-50 egy A-alak gitrllvny minden tpus gitrhoz s basszusgitrhoz, ksznheten az univerzlis tartrsznek. Check me out on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheGuitarPitAnd Instagram is here: https://www.instagram.com/theguitarpit/ It will not. S. I think this was a dealer specd model and they mismatched the pickup output very hard. Or a Suhr Antique Modern. But that does not mean there is no difference. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Ibanez AZRGTalmanQIbanez25 . Do you find a drop in volume/output with the middle pickup? In some way, these are all Fender-style guitars. Ibanez AZ +2Suhr Yea on paper the Ibanez looks so good, it has everything I was looking for in a guitar, especially knowing that great guitarists like Martin Miller and Tom Quayle were behind the design decisions. The difference between my 600 MIM strat and a fancy 1500 American pro II with a similar build is more negligeable than it should (its certainly not even twice better, despite the price gap). The avg player buys in the Harley Benton range though. And given that the guitar is a fraction of the final tone you achieve, well, you do make a great point. Yep, Im a touring (well, you know, until last year) musician and music teacher by profession and can never quite afford the gear I want. 400 Ft 490 Ft Ibanez GSD50-P6 gitrheveder Minden Ibanez Design gitrszj egyedi motvummal rendelkezik, amelyet specilis technikval nyomtatnak a szjra. That Fender, meanwhile, is just an upgraded, modified Strat. Yamaha has slipped from where they once were on price/performance, but they are still generally the best by that measure. . Don't let anyone else talk you out of what you want. Heck, you can even love either one, though of course psychologically it's easier to love the guitar that's more expensive. What's your favorite 335 style guitar for under $1000 used? If this is your first visit, be sure to Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the web's liveliest (and friendliest!) Ibanez have expanded their lineup this year with a new series called the AZ line! I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass! Seeing the new Ibanez headless models got me thinking about how in the past couple of years Ibanez and Charvel have managed to grab quite a few "2nd wave shredders" (basically the fusion-inspired shred players that came on the scene in the mid-late 00s and gained prominence in the 10s) who previously either endorsed or frequently played Suhr by coming out with the AZ and DK lines respectively. A forum community dedicated to Ibanez JEM guitar owners and enthusiasts. The AZ is specd with the same two singlecoils in neck and middle, and the output diference from neck to middle is pretty modest, compared to middle to bridge (where you do tend to want something hotter). You can get decent dives and float and remain n really good relative tune, but you have to cut the back side of the nut in the direction the strings flex out in dives to stop binding. Some Gios are also becoming a bit fancier these days, with sparkle finishes, gold, and figured veneers. But for me, I wouldnt be willing to pay triple the price over that sort of thing. b: Width of the neck at the fret position specified by the neck dimension. With that in mind, every Suhr Ive seen has been perfectly constructed, and thats a wonderful thing. The AZs 305mm comes out to about 12", flatter than the standard modern Strat 10", but rounder than the Fenders multi-radius 10-14". 2023: The Year Epiphone Became Unaffordable, Don't store picks in zip bags for too long. volume knob position. Most everything built these days is cnc machined, with polyester finishes. I think a big factor is simply whether you like the jack placement on the Fender. To start viewing messages, I had always steered clear of C-type necks and then the Strat won me over when I actually tried it (supposed to be a modern C, not a vintage C). I still haven't tried any of them and in order to do so I would have to pay a deposit for the store to get them in, so any info would be helpful. And for guitars with locking tremolos, differences in bridge quality have more practical importance than for non-locking ones, and there are considerations about whether the guitar is a candidate for a drop-in bridge replacement. My first REAL guitar I bought in high school, an Ibanez AS-200 and I've been hooked since. May 9, 2014. We have to accept (for better and worse) that the guitar market is a mass market for consumers and the downsides are clear. One is the '97 American Standard I bought new more than two decades ago and will go to the grave with me. Radius : 430mmR. Be prepared your wallet is in danger. I honestly don't think my issue is a fret issue as much as a possible neck pocket issue. I concede this is subjective, but Id prefer the jumbo here. Downside is that stainless frets, while awesome, will be a lot harder and more expensive to have dressed, if you have any high frets to deal with. I'm not sure. I think both guitars are overpriced for what they are, but if youre choosing between these two, those are my main thoughts beyond the simple matter of which one feels and sounds better to you? If it were me, Id get a Squier and replace the nut and (if necessary) the pickups. I believe after looking into it that its an SSH+. . Anyway, if you can play both that would be your best bet.. but I would personally go with the Ibanez. Fretwork isn't always great on a Prestige either but generally better than Premium, yes. Im being extremely picky here - these are good pickups, but Im trying to critique it as an extremely expensive guitar. I don't care what it is, there will always be more $1000 guitars sold than $3000 to $4000 guitars. Rimo BlogIbanez! From what I've seen on the YooToobs they are both extremely versatile with the Dyna-Mix switching. If you're willing to spend an extra $400, Suhr is definitely the way to go. Az SMS-t 9.990 HUF I honestly don't think my issue is a fret issue as much as a possible neck pocket issue. Playability and tones are stellar. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Shanks! It still felt great, but I left the shop convinced it had a dual radius. Ibanez offers electric guitars, bass guitars, acoustic guitars, effect and pedals, amps, plus guitar accessories like . Even if it doesnt say so. Ive had my eye on a prestige AZ for a while as they check so many boxes. For the money, grabbing a clean multiradius Fender neck (Id target 2010 or latter, I really do think this is a new Fender golden era were in), any 22-fret, 2-point Fender (or Warmoth, or whatever) body in whatever color you can find that you really like, and then specing out your own pickups, wiring, and bridge, and building it up yourself, will give you a comparable guitar, a little more tuned to your own tastes, for probably a bit less than grabbing a new American Ultra. Yeah, the EB Cutlass is a good deal, but I was thinking more of something like the Sabre. I was just playing my ibanez js2450 and Suhr modern satin. Kudos to Fender. I believe its just a fluke occurrence. DESCRIPTION. $ 1,999 .99. Super short answer to what is not overpriced in my view? Well, I think solid body guitars are overpriced in general, but you can often find differences that I could find justifiable up to around USD$700. Some of the add-ons on this site are powered by. 19mm at 12F. This in practice isnt a huge deal, but youll have slightly lower action before choking on the multi-radius, all else equal. DESCRIPTION. You can read more about our Privacy Policy. There are three principles behind the Ibanez Prestige line: Precision, Performance, and Playability. Deoxit usually works magic. Sure. Designed to Inspire, all Ibanez Premium series are manufactured with select tone woods, high-profile electronics, hardware and dedicated skills of craftsmanship and care in details for your musical journey. Ibanez Az is not a competition to the fender but something more towards a Suhr , hence the Gotoh 5xx bridge, SS Frets and roasted maple for neck. Their roasted necks feel better to me too. Having checked out the AZ line, and getting a Kiesel Delos I'd go with the Kiesel 100% of the time. HA! Ibanez Jem: Suhr Modern: Guitar Neck Diagram. I've had both. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. . FWIW my second most played guitar (after a Suhr modern) is my Ibanez JS, not my other Suhr. in the face of a decision, go for both?). I tried different suhr guitars2 modern HSH models and 1 standard HSS Rich: the work you did on mine has it staying pretty solidly in tune over the course of a live set even with some warbly and dive+slide madness. Plugged into our clean Suhr Badger, we select the neck position to find that it packs a pleasing punch. While the AZ neck is not a 'C' shape, you should be getting roughly the same thickness for the Suhr.-PRS SilverSky: I've seen some YouTuber's measure it out to around .9-.97 and another example being .92-1. Seconding Lars here, roasted maple doesnt need to be oiled. IMO you should go with the Prestige AZ but that's me. Charvel pro mod DK24Ibanez AZ224F vs Charvel DK24 3StratSuhr\ibanez AZ\ibanez AT100 charvel VS charvel"" Ibanez AZ224F Charvel Dk24IbanezAZ vs Fender John C said: The Fiore is $2,450; depending on the finish the EB Cutlass will be $50 less or $50 more so it's a wash with that. Ibanez's full-fat AZ series is one of Ibanez's most popular new models, thanks to its slick looks, versatility and fantastic playability. Welcoming yet another expansion to the highly successful AZ series, Ibanez is proud to introduce the AZES or AZ Essentials line. With the release of the stripped-back AZ Ibanez Essentials range, has Ibanez created the ultimate beginner's guitar? Ive been lucky to spend lots of quality time with it but I cant justify an extra $1k+ either. JavaScript is disabled. So thats a serious consideration. Both have dual radii. You have two major points of bias though. c Thickness of the neck at the first fret. 1559 2. Dirtier and higher gain tones felt more compressed. The craftsmanship on those instruments are amazing, the quality control is superb, and the versatility in the pups is like magic. Interesting comparison, for a couple reasons. I had a Charvel DK24 on my hit list, too, as a high-quality more affordable 24-fret guitar. Mine has SS frets. Sweetwater Savings: $ 666 .66 MSRP: $ 2,666 .65. Some of the add-ons on this site are powered by. Electric Guitar Body: Alder, Bolt-on neck: Maple, Fretboard: Maple, White pearloid dot fretboard inlays, Neck profile: Modern D, Compound Fretboard Radius: 254 - 355.6 mm (10"- 14"), Scale: 648 mm (25.51"), Nut width: 42,8 mm (1.69"), Bone nut, Electric Guitar Body: Alder, S-Tech Wood neck: Maple, Neck profile: Oval C, S-Tech Wood Fretboard: Maple, Nut width: 42 mm, Scale: 648 mm, Jumbo Stainless Steel frets with Prestige fret edge treatment, Pickups: 1 Seymour Duncan Hyperion humbucker Colours are irrelevant but I am looking for an HSS version and maple fretboard. Let's hear the 22 fret against the . JavaScript is disabled. And I didn't gel with the stock pickups in my Modern, so it has DiMarzios now. These are both strat style guitars, but they have less in common than they might seem to at a glance. As such, there is a gradient and a sliding scale of value for money and I think after you hit the 600 mark improvements become marginal for the price difference. A friend of mine has warned me it is C-type and very chunky -yada,yada- not for fast-playing (the myth again). Switches, potentiometers and capacitors are usually fine on all but the cheapest of cheap guitars, but high-quality replacements can be bought cheap from places like mouser.com. Also my cutoff would be different depending on the category of guitar. They also come in 6 and 7 string multi scale for a little more. I had an RG3120 many years ago, it was a fine guitar. Az's are cool but I'd go Suhr all day long. To each his own I suppose. -Ibanez AZ necks are .80-.88. Fender Epiphone Les Paul Gibson Ibanez Dob Zongora Heged medium jumbo nickel-steel vs stainless jumbo frets. . The more I play it, the more I like it so I am used to a real Strat and love it to bits. I also had my AZ when I bought a Suhr Modern Pro. Thanks for visiting. That did not happen with any Fender. [DISCUSSION] Ibanez AZ prestige or Suhr modern satin. Even the neck profile, negligible differences. Finally, eh? For an acoustic or a hollow-body electric, were talking about a whole different ballgame. Unfortunately, theyve started only selling them new as hardtails. Let's hear the 22 fret against the Suhr Classic and AT100. Lovin' my HSS Ultra with rosewood neck. Didn't vibe with the stock pups in the Ibby's, my Suhr is amazing. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. Players get their 'cheap Suhr,' Ibanez gets their business, and folks that may not have been in the market for a Suhr in the first place might now want. Other people might care more than I do about something like the handle on the spring lever of this toaster feels too wiggly, and thats up to them. And these are all compound-radius guitars meaning that the radius changes with higher frets. Does the toast taste any different? AZ is basically the spiritual descendant of the older higher end RG Prestige from the early 00s. What's your favorite 335 style guitar for under $1000 used? The AZ neck was a joy to play. fretboard radius. I know a lot of you have been wanting me to take a look at a Suhr, so here you go. Nemzetkzi hasznlt ra 40-50 14.990 HUF Bayus Heveder br gitrpnt Elad a kpen lthat, j llapot, profi brheveder - a bolti rnak 62 %-rt: https://arkadiahangsze Foxpost is mehet! Online boltok, akcik egy helyen az rukeres rsszehasonlt oldalon. I own a Prestige model and consider it one of the finest guitars I own, you can see how much effort goes into building them @ Fujigen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ShEIwznLGI, This AZ model also has titanium saddles which are fantastic for durability and tuning stability: http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/T1802. Finally, eh? Id be curious of your opinions two months from now. d: Thickness of the neck at the twelfth fret. I am not an expert but I would say it was down to the pickups. Im looking at potentially purchasing one of these very soon. If you have something funky and fun, I'll cover shipping.The signal chain was AxeFX2 (Friedman BE, Double Verb) with the Horizon Devices Precision Drive pedal. I didn't care for the AZ I tried. Aktv 6 hros basszusgitr hangszed szett, az egyszerre tiszta, meleg s ts hangzs rdekben. I feel the J.Custom's rounded fret edges and softer neck back (velvetouch, lol) as well as Edge Pro (vs Floyd), on top of the wood binded neck and absolutely 0 neck pocket set it above the Suhr. While the spec, for example, on the Super Wizard HP - "the neck for shredders," states Ibanez - offers a 17mm depth at the first fret, 19mm by the 12th with a nut with of 43mm and a 'board radius of 430mm (16.9"), the AZ's neck is much more conventional measuring between 41.84mm to 42.38mm at the nut, 20.5 to 21mm at the 1st fret and . I imagine the bridge used by Suhr that's closest to the bridge on the Ibanez AZ2402 is the 2-post solid-saddle 510: the Gotoh 510TS-FE1. On the less expensive side check our the Charvel DK24 Pro Mods. If theres any way you can play one, youll probably come close to doubling the cost, but if nothing else itll help you put the AZ into context. It means the endorsement is genuinely about the gear and not a pay check. are also a step up in craftsmanship, features and design for Fender. But Im not going to shit on somebody for choosing a guitar that makes them happy. It has coil splitting and gets stratty. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field FIRST, Then ask the community. Both felt like a shreddier improvement. Players, Bands, Sounds, Tours, Lessons & Theory! But you're right that a Suhr would be a few hundred more. 8 reviews Write your review Item ID: MM1TAB. I love my Ibanez AZ, but I recently got a Fender American Ultra and it's a pretty damn good guitar that is similar in a few aspects.. so let's take a look . Both the prestige and premium lines of that series do. Nice write up. Are some toasters nicer than others. Id pay attention to this while comparing the two. If you dont mind lighting hundred-euro bills on fire, Fenders QC has been pretty good for a while now, but Ive never played a Suhr that wasnt at least pretty sweet, and the best ones have been some of the best guitars Ive ever played - I swear my Modern 6 is alive. Possibly because of the contrast, the neck pickup alone feels very bland and kind of muddy. July 2021. The quality of the actual materials used is pretty uniform from factory to factory. It will have a thicker-than-typical neck for an Ibanez, but probably still thinner than average and I wouldnt be surprised if its a hair thinner than that Fender. Thank you, I am a bit of a spec guy so it makes senses to compare them, although the ultimate test will be whether I get the mojo or not with them. All the pickups in the nicer Ibanez guitars are made by DiMarzio. Vsrls: Catalinbread Effekt pedl rak, elad Catalinbread Effekt pedlok. I think the Ibanez has a few quality-of-life features for comfort that Fender will never consider as these may affect the final Strat design (certain contours). A pity but not a massive drawback. Not a massive difference between the Ibanez and Fender here. And, Ive moved on a bit since, but I was an Ibanez player almost exclusively for more than a decade. The neck size can also vary depending on model, not all fender necks are thick likewise not all ibanez necks are thin (only the Wizards and similar necks are thin) While ive not played one . The Suhr belongs to my roommate. This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. You are using an out of date browser. This page was generated at 03:03 AM. Solidbody Electric Guitar with African Mahogany Body, Flamed Maple Top, Roasted Maple Neck and Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups - Transparent Aqua Blue. Arguably, not as much as I expected. Products and specifications are subject to change without notice. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Suhrs are great but Ibanez are equally great in my eyes, just at a better price. I could just grab the Ibanez and mod my MIM strat (notwithstanding access to higher frets and radius), or save to then buy the Ultra in the future (and have both haha! Yea but isn't everything you've said also applies to the AZ prestige? Also, the roasted neck will have excellent tuning stability and handle weather even better than standard maple necks because of how it's dried (roasted).