Delicious! (Tip: to ensure that you dont add extra flour, use the fluff and spoon method rather than just scooping it up. In a separate very large bowl beat the butter until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Speedy pineapple cake recipe, very moist cake @PaulaDeen one of her subscriber sent her this recipe, just delicious, you have to try this one!RECIPE2 cups a. Continue with Recommended Cookies. By adding cream cheese to your cake, it makes for a moister, and tender cake. 300 DOESN'T SEEM HOT ENOUGH? Ive been working on lots of new cake recipes so I hope you check back and try some! Spray an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan. I wish I had thought ahead and had the strawberries and whip cream available for shortcake. Your email address will not be published. Testing Cake Doneness: Ensuring that the center of your pound cake gets cooked thoroughly is important. Add the cream to the yolks, fold in the egg whites, and add the milk, Bourbon, vanilla, and a pinch of nutmeg, if desired. Preheat oven to 325. All my friends love it. So rich, Ill never use anything but this recipe for lemon Bundt cake. Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl. Paula Deens sour cream pound cake is a soft and tasty cake that will satisfy your cravings. Some of these ways include topping it with whipped cream and fresh fruit, glazing it, or simply sprinkling it with powdered sugar, before serving the tasty cake. Buy an oven thermometer if you dont have one. About Me , Copyright 2023 Gonna Want Seconds on the Seasoned Pro Theme. Im so happy it was a hit for you!! Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. It is spongey, fluffy sweet and packs a sour punch. . To make Paula Deen's lemon sour cream, Take a bowl and add some flour, baking soda, and salt it and mix it well. Under the ingredients section of the recipe post, I have a link to a homemade cake flour substitute you can use which uses all-purpose flour and cornstarch. Beat in food coloring and extracts (mixture may appear curdled). I CANT GET PAST THE FACT THAT THERES NO LEAVENING AGENT! Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. I saw this same recipe back in 1995. 5 comments. Coat The Chicken. In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat sugar, butter, cream cheese and extracts for 4 to 5 minutes, until very creamy and light in color. Add eggs one at a time and make sure each one is completely mixed in before adding the next, beating well with each addition. If you wish to make the cake diet appropriate, meaning to satisfy a diet such as gluten-free, you can easily exchange regular all-purpose flour for gluten-free all-purpose flour. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a mixing bowl, add your softened butter, room temperature cream cheese, and sugar. Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and salt; add to butter mixture, alternating with lemon juice, beginning and ending with flour. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake come out clean. Preparation. I had to put a baking sheet under it:(. Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Your email address will not be published. Over powering. Aluminum foil layer. Sift the baking soda and flour together. The ingredients to make a lemon cream cheese pound cake are the same as for a regular pound cake in the included recipe above. Then I came across Paulas recipe and My Mothers are the same, except my Mom used a tube cake pan.. My Mom died 2 years ago and I have been making it ever since. Preheat oven to 325. All-Purpose Flour. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and cream cheese until it is well combined. . Faith the resident baking expert of this sister duo first started baking around age ten when she learned to make chocolate chip cookies on her own. I'm sorry it wasn't a winner for you, Alexis. Prepare Flour Mixture. Grease a 10-in. When eggs are added and mixed in, stop mixing. Beat white sugar, 1 cup margarine, and shortening together with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Cream butter and shortening together in a mixing bowl or with a hand-held mixer. Its my most requested cake among family and friends! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Keeping the mixer speed on low, gradually add in the cake flour mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Spray a 12- to 15-cup fluted pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. moist subtle lemon sour cream. Top slices of your cream cheese pound cake with freshly whipped cream and some fresh berries too. Spread batter in prepared pan. Never even got to freeze it!! Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl at medium speed until fluffy. This pound cake is so fluffy and has a lovely, light flavor. Lemon - Just add the zest of one juicy lemon to the batter, and drizzle a lemon glaze over the top of the baked cake. Pour in a baking pan and bake for 1 hour. We upgraded the recipe with just 1/3 cup of sour cream, baking powder which acts as a leavener, and pure vanilla extract. Mix in half of the sugar until combined. Powdered sugar, also known as confectioners or icing sugar, is granulated sugar ground into a fine powder. Recipe Instructions Preheat oven to 325F. In the bowl of a stand mixer, sift together flour, sugar, and baking powder and add the lemon zest. vanilla extract, large eggs, large lemons, sour cream, unsalted butter and 5 more. 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Instructions Preheat the oven to 350F and set an oven rack in the middle position. In terms of ingredients, it looks like just the extracts are different. Pre-heat a jelly roll pan or baking sheet. Stir in the lemon extract. Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe | Paula Deen . Special equipment: a 10-inch bundt pan, greased and floured. THIS HAS GREAT FLAVOR, BUT I'M CONFUSED BY THE TEMP. Mix the batter slowly. Thats genius! A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. To do this, insert your cake into the oven, then preheat the oven with your cake in it. Step 3: Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl. Put this flour/cornstarch mixture through your sifter FIVE TIMES (important!) I didn't test this pound cake recipe without the lemon juice and zest, but you could certainly try it out! Im not sure you did anything wrong. Typically, when making this pound cake recipe, I like to use a bundt cake pan. Eggs provide structure, rise, creaminess, colour, and flavour to baked goods. Step 1: Turn the oven to 325. Adding Baking Powder: Some folks recommend adding baking powder to the batter. Beat in the extract. Extra sugar might cause the cake to fall. Serve it. This dessert recipe is a great one to keep on hand for any occasion. However, if you would rather you may also substitute vanilla extract for flavorings such as almond extract, or lemon if desired. Salt helps hide other flavours while also bringing balance to the sweetness. And it simply just melts in your mouth! Grease an 8x4 loaf pan.Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until very light and fluffy, about 7-8 minutes. @nakita, No idea! I dont really think its necessary, but it doesnt hurt anything to add it. I have a similar pan like the VARDAGEN pan. *To make a simple berry topping, mix two or three kinds of berries with just a spoonful of sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice. The best size bundt cake pan to use for this lemon cream cheese pound cake recipe is a 12-cup size bundt pan. From there she went on to have her own night of the week to make dinner for the whole family. Lemon cream cheese pound cake is not only an ideal Easter dessert but its also great warm-weather treat. Sign up to receive weekly recipes from the Queen of Southern Cooking, Fruit Salad With Cream Cheese-Pecan Topping, 7 Sweet Red, White and Blue Desserts for July 4th. In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. It has a crumbly texture and sweet and delicate flavours. Often they were so dry. I havent tried converting this into a cupcake. Or are the directions different? Using your hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the unsalted butter, softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and lemon zest at no higher than medium speed until light in color and fluffy in texture. *Cooks Note: Do not open the oven door while baking. By not preheating your oven, your baking time required may be a bit longer than anticipated. In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon milk. And that is correct, there is no leavening agent used in this recipe. Cream together the sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla well. Slowly add the eggs, mixing thoroughly after each addition. I used an OXO Good Grips Citrus Zester With Channel Knife. Part of the reason this recipe is so delicious is that it uses three different lemon flavoring components: lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon extract. With either pan, for a successful cake release, you should either butter and flour the cake pan or generously spray it with a flour-based baking spray like Baker's Joy. This pound cake with cream cheese is one of Paula Deens best-known recipes. Welcome to CookThink! No matter what kind of cake pan you choose to use, grease the pan generously before adding your cake batter. I didnt actually like the pound cakes I had tried. The outside of the lemon cream cheese pound cake will be a medium golden brown with slightly darker edges that have pulled away from the edge. Combine the butter and cream cheese, and mix until light and fluffy. From pauladeenmagazine.com See details SOFT CREAM CHEESE LEMON COOKIES - JUST RECETTES There are no leavening agents needed in this recipe. My mother gracefully agreed that this pound cake taste better her and her mothers pound cake. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, using a mixer, combine the butter and sugar until creamy. 6.8 oz instant lemon pudding 2 (3.4oz) boxes lemon pudding mix (dry mix only, do not prepare according to box) 3 cups milk brought to room temperature 8 oz whipped topping 1 tub, thawed 2 Angel food cake 2 loaves or 1 tube cake, cut into 1-inch pieces 4 cups blueberries 2 pints fresh blueberries Sliced lemon for garnish (optional) Add in the sugar and continue to mix for about 6 minutes, until fluffy. Check out our step-by-step instructions below as well as how you can easily make this pound cake recipe from scratch. Cake came out great!! Last updated Feb 23, 2023. . best of the best! Spray a 12- to 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Required fields are marked *. I love hearing from you! Even with temperature at 300.. This recipe, when baked properly, produces a pound cake that is golden on the outside and pale and moist on the inside, making this the ultimate pound cake recipe! Let cake cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Some recipes will have you use flour in combination with the butter. Lemon zest: 2 teaspoons of lemon zest. Mix confectioner's sugar and milk. My family and friends love this cake. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, thanks! But I am thinking of using the same recipe for a plain pound cake and I am wondering if you think it could be made without the lemon juice and zest? An excellent dessert to make for any occasion and any season! Lemon Pound Cake Yummly. Mix in the eggs. Paula Deen's Red Velvet Cake. What Makes This the Best Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake? Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. Generic butter often has more liquid fat which can make your pound cake very heavy. document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. The best pound cake. Then from that flour that you have measured,remove6 tablespoons of flour. Thats correct. Add more lemon juice, a teaspoon or so at a time, as needed to reach a thick but pourable consistency. In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. I have made this cake 3x and everyone loves it. When you cream your butter, cream cheese, and sugar it's best to do this at no higher than medium speed. Simply double wrap your cake in aluminum foil or cling wrap before sliding it into a resealable freezer bag. Butter and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan. This is my all time FAVORITE pound cake recipe! Lemon Pound Cake When life gives you lemons, you make pound cake! In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. I made this pound cake and the texture was In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. My aunt passed in August and I found this recipe at her home. 2023 Beyond the Butter, All Rights Reserved. Thank you for sharing your feedback, were glad you like this cake , This cake is the best cake I have made so far. Increase the temperature to 350 F and bake for 30 minutes more. Grease and flour that bundt pan (or use the baking spray that has flour in it). Take out of the pan, then let cool on a rack. In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice then evenly pour over the top of the cooled pound cake. what is it that im doing wrong?please email me on some tips about this. Can I use this recipe for cupcakes? Welcome to my blog! It is quite easy to make too. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Required fields are marked *. 1 (8-ounce) box cream cheese softened 3 cups sugar 6 large eggs 3 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 1/3 cup fresh lemon zest 1 tablespoon lemon extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Glaze: 2 cups powdered sugar sifted 2-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Instructions Make the Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.