No worries at all. In contrast, the bear mountain has a lower burning rate. In terms of Lumberjack, it produces less amount of ashes. Both have a reputation for producing high quality pellets at an affordable price. I have been using Bear Mountain in my IW since day one. Besides, the subtle hint of hickory retains the authentic woody smack altogether. First of all, this brand is too unique and original to supply pellets worldwide. Why not? Small Orders - Get Pellet Samples and Bags Delivered to your Door! Lets try to find that out! This term refers to the amount of vapor your pellets can intake in them. WeberPelletGrills.com is not affiliated with, maintained, authorized, endorsed or sponsored by Weber Grills. Listen to your preferences and only after then, select the best one. In Barrie Traeger pellets are $22.95 most places, the Lumberjack are $39 for 40lb, 2 or more are $35. Heres why you can bet on us.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,600],'outdoorfeels_com-medrectangle-1','ezslot_12',665,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-outdoorfeels_com-medrectangle-1-0');report this ad, Bear Mountain Pellets Vs Lumberjack Pellets Short Overview, Gourmet Blend Pellets Editor choice- from Bear Mountain, Competition Blend Pellets Editor choice from Lumber Jack, Differences between Bear Mountain Pellets vs Lumberjack, Similarities between Bear Mountain Pellets vs Lumberjack, Wholesome flavor, Versatility, Less moisture, Longevity, Suitability and All-natural, Mixed and Fruity flavor, Durability, Good for low and slow cook, keeps food soft, High heat capacity, smaller diameter, All outdoor pellet grills or smokers, gas, charcoal, and electric grills. As its strong, it leaves a rigorous taste to the meal. 3. Good old Douglas Fir pellets. reviewed and selected by our editors. Interestingly we found 3 pellets (Lumberjack, Weber and Kingsford) differ in smell from the other 3 pellets (Pitboss, Traeger, Bear Mountain) . And adds flavor to poultry or vegetables very accurately. Of course, they are made of all-natural wood excluding any filler or binder. And the taste and aroma it provides are indeed out of the world. Thats it, guys. In fact, they'd do well to change the BM process (pun intended) to the Lumberjack process. Okay, we guarantee that the exceptional smoky aroma will leave the guests awestruck. Lumber Jack only sells its products at competitive prices through a dealer program. Having been formed with low moisture, it burns cleaner than average wood pellets providing low ash build-up. Incase you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Only 5% moisture in the pellets helps them win the hearts of the BBQ lovers due to their ease of use. Having said that, Bear Mountain is a prominent name in this field over the past 30 years. Topcellent makes your decision-making easy. The search feature for fuel brands only provided posts that were 4-5 years old. Weber, FREE shipping after $50 3 bags will get you there but I usually order 4 because they send em 2 in a box. im currently using PB competition and am not liking the out come on flavor and taste . Topcellent is the short list of the most excellent stuffs. $25 for a 40 lb bag and $15 for a 20 lb bag. Moreover, they are compatible with any type of grill of any brand. #1. If you ever get stuck in this forever transcending loophole, your sufferings will get no bound. For outdoor grilling or camping inside the deep wood, it will facilitate all your traumas and give you massive ease while smoking. You will experience a different level of delicacy with the perfect gourmet extract. After all, the more smoke a pellet delivers, the more flavorful the dish tastes. Amongst them, Lumberjack and Bear Mountain are the most superior ones. . If you buy something through our links, Their production capacity has grown significantly since 2015, as they were up to 1.2M tons in production capacity in 2021. Despite having the differences, they have some similarities too to satisfy the BBQers. Actually, youre much more well-aware than me when answering this very question. On the other hand, the gourmet blend from BM is a bit sweet in taste. The vice-versa can also be applicable. But how are they made so flavorful? Because, for smoking more significant cuts, these pellets are specialized. 4.1 / 5. You should spend money keeping in mind the quantity, quality and price of the pellets.Suitable for grill/smokerBefore buying the pellets must check whether it will be suitable with your grill or smoker. Just curious as im going to buy some anyway. For smoking snack sticks, beef to lamb, or poultry to seafood, this could be a homie to you. Not sure if there is anything I should try? Bear Mountain are pretty good. It Might - Get news like this in your email every Saturday - always free, never spam -, Outdoor Grill and Smoker Retail Performance Award Winners, Adventure Boil-Grill, a Portable New Take on the Pellet Grill, Texas Original Charcoal is Launched to Cut Out the Middleman, Market Updates From The Home Depot and Middleby, Outdoor Cooking Trends and Highlights From NHS 2023, The Weber Lumin Electric Grill is Released with Smoking Capabilities, The New Blackstone Pizza Oven is Now for Sale, Aaron Franklins New Barbecue Pit is Inspired by Hot Rods and Airplanes. I've used every one from Pit Boss. If you like your food to cook low and slow, then this Lumberjack Competition Blend pellet is for you.This Lumberjack Competition Blend pellet keeps the tenderness of the food which is of great value for us.Like Gourmet Blend Pellets, this Competition Blend is also suitable for grilling fish, meat, vegetables or seafood, etc.The Lumberjack Competition Blend pellet has a large capability for producing heat.This Lumberjack Competition Blend Pellet has a great feature that minimizes the chance of overcooking or undercooking while providing proper heat and smoke.This allows you to evenly smoke turkey, poultry, brisket, or any of your favorite seafood.Competition Blend comes in 20 lb packs containing a proportional blend of three types of wood hickory, maple and cherry and it is made to last a longtime.It would be great if the Lumberjack also came in 40 pound packs.They dont have a fixed shelf life, its true. Whether its a gas, electric or charcoal grill. Kingsford is also very good. Not only pellet smokers, but the hardwood lumberjack pellets are also equally compatible with all the electric grills, kamado and charcoal grills. Unfortunately these are not always available here in Southern California and I have switched to Bear Mountain as my go-to fuel with zero issues. This has made the brand go on top of the notch. In this way, you will be able to get the most benefit. My FREE beginners course on "How To Make Money On Youtube"https://bit.ly/2VsqmgLMy FREE course on "Social Media Marketing"https://bit.ly/3azvpld4 THINGS YOU . If we go through the Bear Mountain BBQ pellets review, it is evident that they also provide a deep smoky smack in your dish. They use the bark and cambium layer of the trees which is the area where most of the flavor resides. But, if you can manage to think out of the box, you will get the answer. I like and use them both. Switched to Bear Mountain hickory and like these more than the PB. But, if you look from the buyers point of view, all these are very important. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086Z6PDFH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, Traeger Under Fire For Mislabeled Wood Pellets. But what makes the pellets so pleasant? As a matter of fact, hickory pellets are more potent than other blends or flavors. Budget becomes the deciding factor then. And I've used a single bag of Kingsford, which seemed alright too. After all, they both are meant to make your grilling experience better. The content may contain affiliate links of Ebay and Amazon in return our website earns a small commission for referral. Oct 2014: Bear Mountain wood pellets are one of the best. No, thats not exactly how it came up. Its important to think about this to avoid damaging the results you are getting from the pellet grill. Especially at higher temps - say 350 or more. Wisconsin Tundra. I'm also seeing more smoke at higher temps with "CookinPellets", they aren't as glossy as Traeger pellets so maybe not compressed as much. My point is, no matter what youre going to smoke, you will be lucky enough to get yourself the desired pellet for getting over the task. In comparison, Lumberjack pellets are complete hardwood, offer extended heat, and a continuous burn. IMO the main difference among pellet suppliers is integrity. can screw you up with the amount of dust it begets. No artificial preservatives are added here. We designed for pellet grills, lumber jack smoking wood pellets are the most popular and best quality BBQ pellets in the USA. If I had to break down a bit more, this apple pellet consists of 60% oak and 40% applewood. JavaScript is disabled. No matter what, these illustrated differences must be in your mind while picking up a bag of pellets next time. This is why the oak could be an excellent replacement for the hickory or the apple. Their pellets are made from 100% pure hardwood sawdust and offer a wide variety of flavors, including hickory, mesquite, apple, and cherry. I've been wanting to try Bear Mountain pellets. Otherwise, you have to pay back for the horrible decision. Whether you are smoking red meat or white meat, put your faith in these irresistible BBQ smoking pellets to get the best extract ever. Grill Dschigit says: June 22, 2022 at 7:14 am . Hello from Germany. Headquartered in Louisville, CO, they are the largest residential wood pellet manufacturer in the US. Lumberjack vs Bear Mountain Pellets. Regardless of which pellet you choose for your next BBQ, it will create no health issues at all. However, lets get to some of the prominent flavors that lumberjack makes. Because, apparently, its you in the end who will be using the pellet and not me. Aug 18, 2020. I should have taken a picture of it but I was in a hurry to get my cook on again. . Lets jump right in. AJ Garza is a personal chef, cooking instructor, author, and recipe developer. However, both pellets are USA-made, and thus, both give each other a hard competition in terms of quality control. Now, you might be wondering if it wont be a concern to you. airedale. ? Although both the pellets are highly recommended by expert pitmasters, while choosing one, you should focus on the flavor, burn rate, pellet composition, ash buildup, and many more to get the best value for the money. It suffices the needs of all ranges of pitmasters, novice to pro. Ive seen them recommended a lot but havent picked any up yet. With years of experience, they do overpower Bear Mountain in some ways. Do you know of an online retailer the sells them? That being the case, they burn relatively faster compared to other pellets. Because the similarities these brands share are up above the borderline and certainly way too aesthetic. Mar 11, 2021. I'm located about midway between CookinPellets and Lumberjack. Finally, you will be blown away by the amount of smoke it delivers. And not light as apple or maple. Anxious to hear everyone's thoughts. Refers to how frequently you smoke using the pellet. Both LJ and BM pick the finest wood blends to manufacture these two premium pellet packs. Bear Mountain BBQ 100% Natural Hardwood Maple Flavor Pellets, 20 Pounds. 1,306. As we disclosed earlier, these two are top-rated wood pellet brands. It may not display this or other websites correctly. If youre planning to smoke beef, you can burn everything except the applewood as it combines other flavors simultaneously. Try some other brands to compare. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'refreshoutdoors_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_3',112,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-refreshoutdoors_com-medrectangle-3-0'); When choosing between these pellets, you will want to go with what is ideal for your price point. It may not display this or other websites correctly. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Dealer Locator for Canadian customers to find a dealer in your region for Lumber Jack BBQ Pellets, Icon Kamado Grills, Croix Valley Foods sauces and rubs! Not only pellet smokers, but the hardwood. It is more common for pure hardwood pellets to last longer and therefore cost more. They are going to do better due to the added burn rate. we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Rest assured that these premium wood pellets add no filler, binder, artificial aroma, or wood oil. Thats why its easier to reach maximum temperature quickly and they produce less ash buildup by the end of grilling or smoking. Conclusion. Because there are finally two brands of pellets made for your smoking and grilling needs. Versatility, Longevity, Low moisture, Balanced flavor, All-natural & Compatibility. TraegerForum.com is not affiliated with, maintained, authorized, endorsed or sponsored by Traeger Grills. It meets the requirements of pitmasters at all levels, from amateur to expert.They are made from compressed sawdust. Lumberjack pellets are available in 20lb to 80lb bags. In contrast, the. Versatility, Longevity, Low moisture, Balanced flavor, All-natural & Compatibility, Mixed flavor, Longevity, Smaller diameter, Hotter burn, Fruity flavor & Easy to use. Other exclusions can include Pet Food, Feed, Bird Seed, Cat Litter, Wood Pellets, Grass Seed, Soils, Fertilizers, Fire Wood, Lubricants & Fluids, Long Handle Tools; Minimum purchase threshold is pre-tax; Offer applies to standard delivery only, does not include express, expedited shipping or Same Day Delivery Apparently, theres a fixed standard of burning rate. Hopefully, you are now fully armed with the information above to choose the best pick between Bear Mountain Pellets Vs Lumberjack. In contrast, the bear mountain can screw you up with the amount of dust it begets. Like the previous flavor, as in the apple one, this one also comes in with a mild sweet flavor. Now its your call to choose. Their extensive experience in producing premium smoking pellets makes them unique in this regard.You may be sure that every product they produce is crafted with the utmost care and with natural materials. My FREE beginners course on "How To Make Money On Youtube"https://bit.ly/2VsqmgLMy FREE course on "Social Media Marketing"https://bit.ly/3azvpldTHREE THINGS . The best part of Lumber Jack is the price. The burn is more sustained.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'refreshoutdoors_com-banner-1','ezslot_4',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-refreshoutdoors_com-banner-1-0'); if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'refreshoutdoors_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_6',113,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-refreshoutdoors_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');In comparison, the Bear Mountain pellets are going to do a good job but they are not going to last as long. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWizuI_DLM8. Because the bark is left on, these 100% varieties provide even more flavour than our blended pellets! It's worth noting that Bear Mountain's 40lbs pack costs the same as Lumberjack's 20lbs pack. If you love a bold BBQ taste, go for the competition blend from LJ. The content may contain affiliate links of Ebay and Amazon in return our website earns a small commission for referral. Want to. Every product is independently Both brands pellets are equally rich and superior in terms of flavor. buy it! It is important to have a brief understanding about these two famous woods.Check out the comparison between these brands top 2 choices.Key FeaturesBear Mountain PelletsLumberjack PelletsEditor choiceGourmet Blend PelletsCompetition Blend PelletsWeight/quantity40 lbs & 20 lbs20 lbsQualityWholesome flavor, Versatility, Less moisture, Longevity, Suitability and All-naturalMixed and Fruity flavor, Durability, Good for low and slow cook, keeps food soft, High heat capacity, smaller diameterEligibilityAll outdoor pellet grills or smokers, gas, charcoal, and electric grillsAll outdoor pellet grills or smokers, gas, charcoal, and electric grillsCheck PriceCheck Priceif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,600],'outdoorfeels_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_0',550,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-outdoorfeels_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); You can skip the comparison table and go straight to the similarities and differences below.