Configuring Yum and Yum Repositories, 8.4.5. To answer the question, though, using. Do I use whoami? To get the current "logged in" user is just as simple, but it requires accessing different variables: $SUDO_UID and $SUDO_USER. The logins command uses the appropriate password database to obtain a A Reverse Name Resolution Zone File, 17.2.3.3. Managing Groups via the User Manager Application", Collapse section "3.3. The input will be a command- any command like ls/ pwd/ mv etc. Creating Domains: Access Control, 13.2.23. -name "abc.out" -print Securing Systems and Attached Devices in Oracle. Procmail Recipes", Collapse section "19.4.2. Extending Net-SNMP with Shell Scripts, 25.5.2. The current user's username can be gotten in pure Bash with the ${parameter@operator} parameter expansion (introduced in Bash 4.4): The : built-in (synonym of true) is used instead of a temporary variable by setting the last argument, which is stored in $_. /export/home/user (auto mount) I don't have smit Last Activity: 22 August 2017, 9:15 AM EDT, Last Activity: 11 September 2014, 8:50 AM EDT. then i want th extract from the database by giving "select * from tablename where input = '123' However, on Solaris, you may have to determine the user ID, by determining the UID of the user logged-in through the command below. Monitoring Performance with Net-SNMP", Expand section "24.6.2. Configuring Postfix to Use Transport Layer Security, 19.3.1.3.1. The question was about how to get the username inside a bash script. Editing Zone Files", Collapse section "17.2.2. Checking Network Access for Incoming HTTPS and HTTPS Using the Command Line, 19.3.1.1. Additional Resources", Collapse section "D.3. Procmail Recipes", Collapse section "19.5. Loading a Customized Module - Persistent Changes, 31.8. Can someone tell me the Solaris equivelant of aix command lsuser? DHCP for IPv6 (DHCPv6)", Collapse section "16.5. Basic System Configuration", Collapse section "I. You can use ldapsearch to query an AD Server. Configuring Authentication from the Command Line", Collapse section "13.1.4. I updated his account in /etc/passwd. Introduction to DNS", Expand section "17.2.1. The Built-in Backup Method", Expand section "A. Domain Options: Setting Username Formats, 13.2.16. Fantasy Grounds Unity has amazing new features to take your gaming on to new adventures. Maximum number of concurrent GUI sessions, C.3.1. One step, multinode compliance reporting means you can . Connecting to VNC Server Using SSH, 16.4. The bug resides in the ClamAV Unix socket permitting any user to submit the "shutdown" command which will disable ClamAV. Note: The command luxadm probe can also be used to scan FC LUNs. An acpi shutdown can be caused by power button press, overheating or low battery (laptop). Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange! How do you get out of a corner when plotting yourself into a corner. Managing Users via the User Manager Application", Expand section "3.3. Why do many companies reject expired SSL certificates as bugs in bug bounties? Additional Resources", Collapse section "12.4. What is a word for the arcane equivalent of a monastery? "current username" is slightly ambiguous. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Additional Resources", Expand section "22. Additional Resources", Expand section "17.1. df -k Use the df -k command to display disk space information in Kbytes. How will i do it Please advice. Copyright 2002, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. rm -rf /home/user1 Managing Users and Groups", Expand section "3.2. Send a keystroke to an application without loosing focus, for example, I want to initiate a paste command (with Hi Solaris has two tables: an equivalent one, and one that is not quite equivalent. List samba shares and the users who can access each of them. 1. The free Command The free command gives you a table of the total, used, free, shared, buffer/cache, and available RAM on your computer. Any link to or advocacy of virus, spyware, malware, or phishing sites. & email user list to admin in text file, how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris, root user command in shell script execute as normal user, Solaris user account de-activated, command to activate again, Command to list all the VIP addresses assigned to Solaris server. Method 2: lastlog Command. How do I get the current user's username in Bash? However, there was (until the software died at Oracle) a third party lastlog program written by Richard Hamilton available. information about user accounts. 3 Installing and Updating Software Packages. If the FILE is not specified, use /var/run/utmp. Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! (This is also what lastlogin is for on AIX.) Unless I'm mistaken this would be the way to go if portability is a concern as the. users command in Linux system is used to show the user names of users currently logged in to the current host. Support, How to Enable Verified Boot on Legacy SPARC Systems and x86 Systems, How to Manage Certificates on Systems With Oracle ILOM Verified-Boot Support, How to Manually Verify the elfsign Signature, Initializing TPM on Oracle Solaris Systems, How to Check Whether the TPM Device Is Recognized by the Operating System, SPARC:How to Initialize TPM Using the Oracle ILOM Interface, How to Enable PKCS #11 Consumers to Use TPM as a Secure Keystore, Changing the Default Algorithm for Password Encryption, How to Specify an Algorithm for Password Encryption, How to Specify a New Password Algorithm for an NIS Domain, How to Specify a New Password Algorithm for an LDAP Domain, How to Monitor Who Is Using the su Command, How to Require a Password for SPARC Hardware Access, How to Retrieve IP MIB-II Information From a /dev/* Device, How to Authorize Users to Allocate a Device, How to View Allocation Information About a Device, How to Change Which Devices Can Be Allocated, Authorizations for the Allocation Commands, Device-Clean Scripts for Diskettes and CD-ROM Drives, How to Enable Virus Scanning on a File System. You can lock down systems and virtual machines, while Silicon Secured Memory seamlessly prevents common security attacks such as buffer over-reads and overwrites. Monitoring and Automation", Collapse section "VII. kstat -m cpu_info. Configuring the Firewall for VNC, 15.3.3. id user_name The user name is optional and by default, it will show the information about your user account. Using Key-Based Authentication", Expand section "14.3. Resolving Problems in System Recovery Modes, 34.2. Process Directories", Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes, Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes, 1.2. Configuring OProfile", Expand section "29.2.2. Message ID: [email protected] (mailing list archive)State: New, archived: Headers: show KSH - Unix -AIX - db2 Configuring a Samba Server", Expand section "21.1.6. Setting Local Authentication Parameters, 13.1.3.3. To use the logins command, you must become an administrator who is assigned If no password is defined, use the command without the -p option. Standard ABRT Installation Supported Events, 28.4.5. It only takes a minute to sign up. This will show you the last time the user tim logged in. Basic Postfix Configuration", Collapse section "19.3.1.2. Those 2 commands display 2 different informations. The Policies Page", Expand section "21.3.11. # logins -x -l username -x Displays an extended set of login status information. Configure Access Control to an NTP Service, 22.16.2. Manually Upgrading the Kernel", Expand section "30.6. Establishing a Mobile Broadband Connection, 10.3.8. Index. Viewing and Managing Log Files", Collapse section "25. Is it suspicious or odd to stand by the gate of a GA airport watching the planes? Common Sendmail Configuration Changes, 19.3.3.1. Monitoring Performance with Net-SNMP", Collapse section "24.6. Expand Show Other Jobs. Analyzing the Data", Collapse section "29.5. This is bug is referenced in an open PR in the ClamAV repo here. Is there how to get a Windows user's full name on a Bash/Shell script file on Git Bash? Can I tell police to wait and call a lawyer when served with a search warrant? X Server Configuration Files", Expand section "C.3.3. Directories within /proc/", Collapse section "E.3. Setting Up an SSL Server", Expand section "18.1.9. Using the ntsysv Utility", Collapse section "12.2.2. Additional Resources", Collapse section "20.1.6. Are there tables of wastage rates for different fruit and veg? URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` //NODECOLORCODE "Exon 1" "ENST00000595813" Do I need a thermal expansion tank if I already have a pressure tank? Basic Configuration of Rsyslog", Collapse section "25.3. Black and White Listing of Cron Jobs, 27.2.2.1. User information can be queried using these six methods: id : Print user and group information for the specified username. The SP root password will be reset to the default changeme. Configuring a Multihomed DHCP Server", Collapse section "16.4. How can I view system users in Unix operating system using the command line option? I just want to ask how to get the match of information column 2 file 1 and retrieve information from column 2 file 2. EDITED If your goal is to see who is currently logged in, use the command w (you literally just type the letter "w" and hit enter) and that will show you who is logged into your system. Man Pages, All /etc/sysconfig/kernel", Collapse section "D.1.10. Installing ABRT and Starting its Services, 28.4.2. (current) UNIX password: New password: Retype new . Services and Daemons", Expand section "12.2. A great alternative when checking on live container instances with very few command line apps installed. @BillMan, what does that even mean? Increase visibility into IT operations to detect and resolve technical issues before they impact your business. I know we use read to play with user inputs. TeamViewer is a remote access and remote control computer software, allowing maintenance of computers and other devices. The best way to find the last login for each individual is to use the lastlog command. Managing User Accounts and User Environments About User Accounts and User Environments, Where User Account and Group Information Is Stored, Commands for Obtaining User Account Information, Chapter 1About User Accounts and User Environments, What's New in Managing User Accounts in Oracle Solaris 11.2, Security Changes That Affect User Account Management, Guidelines for Assigning User Names, User IDs, and Group IDs, Commands That Are Used for Managing Users, Roles, and Groups, Bash and Korn Shell Environment Variables, Managing Users With Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center, Chapter 2Managing User Accounts by Using the Command-Line Interface, Task Map for Setting Up and Managing User Accounts by Using the CLI, Setting Up User Accounts by using the CLI, How to Customize User Initialization Files, How to Change Account Defaults For All Roles, How to Share Home Directories That Are Created as ZFS File Systems, Manually Mounting a User's Home Directory, Chapter 3Managing User Accounts by Using the User Manager GUI, Organization of the User Manager Dialog Box, Filtering the Information Displayed in the GUI, How to Set Filters for Default Name Service Type and Scope, Adding, Modifying, and Deleting Users and Roles by Using the User Manager GUI, How to Add a User or Role With the User Manager GUI, How to Modify a User or Role With the User Manager GUI, How to Delete a User or Role With the User Manager GUI, Assigning Advanced Attributes With the User Manager GUI, Assigning Groups With the User Manager GUI, Assigning Roles With the User Manager GUI, How to Assign Roles With the User Manager GUI, Assigning Rights Profiles With the User Manager GUI, How to Administer Rights Profiles With the User Manager GUI, Assigning Authorizations With the User Manager GUI, How to Assign Authorizations With the User Manager GUI. Using the New Configuration Format", Collapse section "25.4. Selecting the Printer Model and Finishing, 22.7. Fixed a bug where user can't save lyrics for songs outside the library. Using the chkconfig Utility", Collapse section "12.2.3. and to extract, the command is We'll start by looking at commands to find a user's account information, then proceed to explain commands to view login details. Using fadump on IBM PowerPC hardware, 32.5. I tried last -1 USERID , if any user not logged in that server then there is no ouptut , the task is to find the users who not logged in server more that 90 days, a script should give the output as. Viewing Block Devices and File Systems", Collapse section "24.4. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. rpm -qpl Configuring Protected EAP (PEAP) Settings, 10.3.9.3. Retrieving Performance Data over SNMP, 24.6.4.3. Configuring Centralized Crash Collection, 28.5.1. Using Kerberos with LDAP or NIS Authentication, 13.1.3. The vsftpd Server", Expand section "21.2.2.6. vsftpd Configuration Options", Collapse section "21.2.2.6. vsftpd Configuration Options", Expand section "21.2.3. How Intuit democratizes AI development across teams through reusability. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. You can try. Regards, Samba Security Modes", Collapse section "21.1.7. Here is a good script to find all the CPU, cores, virtual CPU (threads) Adding the script from the link would improve the answer. Distributing and Trusting SSH CA Public Keys, 14.3.5.1. Additional Resources", Expand section "VII. Loading a Customized Module - Temporary Changes, 31.6.2. Configuring Winbind Authentication, 13.1.2.4. WINS (Windows Internet Name Server), 21.1.10. we can list or view the files using the command 2 Type cd /var/log and press Enter. How do I iterate over a range of numbers defined by variables in Bash? Viewing Memory Usage", Collapse section "24.3. Additional Resources", Collapse section "21.3.11. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Fetchmail Configuration Options, 19.3.3.6. Using Add/Remove Software", Collapse section "9.2. A common question that most beginner MySQL users ask is "How do I see all of the users in my MySQL server?" Most of them assume that there is a show users command in MySQL, but there isn't one.This is a common mistake because there are other MySQL commands for displaying information about the database. tail /var/adm/messages. Configuring the Services", Expand section "12.2.1. Hi More Than a Secure Shell", Collapse section "14.5. Setting up the sssd.conf File", Collapse section "14.1. Selecting the Identity Store for Authentication, 13.1.2.1. Considering its significance, this article will explain multiple methods to find the last login on Linux: Method 1: last Command. rpm2cpio | cpio -idvh 2. In Linux for .rpm Disabling Rebooting Using Ctrl+Alt+Del, 6. [7] [8] It was first released in 2005, [9] and its functionality has expanded step by step. OProfile Support for Java", Collapse section "29.8. where i execute a C program and i get its pid. Changing the Global Configuration, 20.1.3.2. Running Services", Expand section "12.4. I had to move the home directory of one user to another partition. Access the MySQL server as root user by entering the following command in your terminal: sudo mysql --user=root mysql -p or: sudo mysql -u root -p The -p option is mandatory only if you have a predefined password for your root user. Note that users will also see Unix system accounts such as "root," "bin," and "daemon" in the /etc/passwd file. Informative, thorough, with extra comparative notes. Managing the Time on Virtual Machines, 22.9. Installing and Managing Software", Expand section "8.1. Editing the Configuration Files", Collapse section "18.1.5. Key features include the following. Displaying information about supplementary groups and password expiration for all user accounts, Example3.17. Prep Less. Date and Time Configuration", Expand section "2.1. Configuring Services: OpenSSH and Cached Keys, 13.2.10. Use the standard Unix/Linux/BSD/MacOS command logname to retrieve the logged in user. Accessing Graphical Applications Remotely, D.1. How Intuit democratizes AI development across teams through reusability. Additional Resources", Expand section "21. A Troubleshooting Package Installation and Update. Working with Kernel Modules", Expand section "31.6. This is not directly populated by the login program as logins happen, and there is no directly equivalent program for reporting on it. Method 1 Finding Your Logs 1 Press Ctrl + Alt + T. This opens the shell prompt. Then i want to connect to a database say "D1" Managing Log Files in a Graphical Environment", Expand section "27. SSSD and Identity Providers (Domains), 13.2.12. Creating SSH Certificates for Authenticating Users, 14.3.6. Configuring the Services", Collapse section "12.2. Enabling and Disabling SSL and TLS in mod_nss, 18.1.11. Controlling Access to At and Batch, 28.1. Email Program Classifications", Expand section "19.3. Specifying the --output= COLUMNS option, where COLUMNS is a list of available output parameters, you can customize the output of the lslogins command. I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. You must power on the system to complete the reset. Configure the Firewall Using the Graphical Tool, 22.14.2. I mainly use Max/MSP for my audio programming, but today I am working on a project that requires the use of shell. Thanks!! Updating Systems and Adding Software in . Modifying Existing Printers", Collapse section "21.3.10. The nature of simulating nature: A Q&A with IBM Quantum researcher Dr. Jamie We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup.