Each time I fell in love with California more and more, finally making it my home. He andPapa Teach Mehave both used YouTube to teach English. Read also. Then, the newlyweds both burst into laughter. She was going to visit her first love whom she had not seen in 42 years. i agree with what you have done, but make no mistake I had process in mind but a one man band is very difficult to get everything done. 76 talking about this. On the eve of his wedding, Watts was overwhelmed. last 90 days. But Jeanne Gustavson, his love so long ago, after they met in college at Loyola University, had never forgotten him. Design is a huge influence on Slyde simply from that and everything we do is thoughtful in its approach. I think part of why I love Steve is how he has seen the world, and wants to keep seeing the world. What matters is how you feel and whats in your heart, Mathis said, tears in his eyes. I wish I could," Gustavson told CBS News. even though he ran the fight night as a for profit event. by Stephi Wild - Feb 9, 2023. With Slyde I see anyone able to do it, whether they live inCalifornia, oronly have a month of two on the east coast- where the weather is good enough to go in the water. Famous surfers like Jordy Smith andShaun Tomson are all from there. I ended up driving across country three times to California. Those are my earliest memories- I was too young to do stand up surfing, and neither of my parents did that, so it was more up to us. That would be a real sad moment.. STEVE: TRAVEL is literally the most important thing you can do in your life. Ive seen an entire family, their house was on a swamp on the side of a highway, and they were washing themselves. I was always an athlete playing everything from soccer, basketball, to volleyball. I knew it was him, but it wasnt him, she says. Some of the most popular videos on the channel are Halloween-themed, including the October 2018 video "Happy Halloween Songs with Steve and Maggie," which was one of the first videos on the channel to surpass 100 million views. The Rolling Stones exist because people come to the shows, Watts continued. It really isn't. Gustavson moved to Oregon in 1987, caring for her mother, who died in 2012. If youre starting a surf company because you want to go surfing everyday, youre doing the wrong bloody thing. Gustavson met her college sweetheart, Steve Watts, in German club at Loyola University in Chicago. However, their parents did not want their relationship to continue. Watts studied linguistics in graduate school at Loyolas downtown campus. He was born on March 8, 1979 and his birthplace is England. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute("id","a33159a21a3d95cfc9e6e6bf53600b3a");document.getElementById("f8e4e772f6").setAttribute("id","comment"); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Gustavson learned Watts had been married for 12 years but had no children. She gathered the paperwork theyd need, including documents allowing her to become Watts legal caregiver. (2) For Steve to keep his current pace up with going through that therapy. In time, each married someone else and divorced. They spent nearly two hours together at that reunion after 42 years. From the first moment I saw her, I fell head over heels, Watts, now 71, recalled. Inside, he is the same human being. Steve Watts and Jeanne Gustavson in their young days in love before four decades apart. I think it also teaches you dont take it so seriously. We were falling in love.. After all this time, Gustavson wanted it done the right way so the groom hadnt seen her in the blue dress. Steve is in the fight of his life, fighting back from total paralysis from the neck down, and severed spinal cord. It was sunny and in the mid-80s Saturday. As instructed he placed the cash on the tray. Then I worked out, came home, answered emails of customers, did some of the shipping process, and completed some Amazon orders. I went away and ended up not coming back for a year. Steve Watts's Life Path Number is 1 as per numerology. and of course the promoter who ran the MMA event in which Steve became paralyzed had no medical event insurance. Mathis didnt know about his sisters relationship with Watts until she told him after her first trip back to Chicago in June. I wanted to go to Indonesia, so we saved up - well he never did, but I was waiting for him and couldnt wait any longer. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Give Forward Campaign For Steve Watts Spinal Treatments. The challenge will be: It really isn't. Immediately, she penned a letter and sent it to the nursing home. He left the house for the first time five weeks ago just a trip to the backyard. / CBS News. The couple smiled together at an event for the dog. I always had a handboard in my backpack, I surfed Indo on a reef break with it, doing that kind of testing was invaluable for the Slyde Handboards we have now. His relationship status is single. In 1971, Jeannie Gustavson, a freshman, crossed paths with a Loyola University Chicago senior, Steve Watts. From how its gonna visually work and how its going to perform it needs to be heavily integrated. After some considerable sleuthing, she found him 42 years later in a south suburban nursing home. They tell us how much they love Slyde and invite us to come stay with them, and when people come here we get to meet people that have traveled all over the world with a Slyde Handboard, its just crazy and just amazing. They married other people, both got divorced, neither had any children. Jeanne Gustavson hugs Steve Watts to comfort him after getting emotional talking about their lives apart for 42 years. - translated roughly into wood bay. I didn't see how we were going to be able to spend time together to foster a relationship. Stephen Watts lay in bed at a south suburban nursing home. First published on January 14, 2022 / 6:55 PM. When Watts was brought downstairs in a reclining chair, he looked into Gustavson's eyes and called out her name. . Steve is in the fight of his life, fighting back from total paralysis from the neck . I promise you that Steve is doing everything within his power to win this fight. It was one of the happiest days of my life. | Source: Youtube.com/KGW News. I went and got a beer, I was just sitting there thinking, whelp that's five bucks. I ended up making friends with the guys at the bar and they had a job. Shes white. The couple has known each other for years and started dating a while ago. Wife: Not Available: Sibling: Not Available: Children: Not Available: Steve Watts Net Worth. He shared: "It became very apparent very quickly that we had feelings for each other. If you know you have been to hell and back, been in some hairy situations and you have gotten yourself out. Its on the Indian Ocean side about 2000 kilometers up from Cape Town, the water is sort of lukewarm. They are just precious together. STEVE: I should be going out all the time haha. He is still funny., Over the six days she spent in Chicago, I gave him my undivided attention, she continued. $ 306K. It was like he didnt exist.. . In the cute snap, Watts and his ladylove posed with the dog and looked as happy as ever. I really cant say enough about traveling. Steve Watts is known for Supernatural (2005), A Capri Christmas (2011) and The Staff: A Ski Bum Musical (2009). Maybe he was on Facebook. PORTLAND, Ore. On the morning of his wedding day, a half century after he first met the love of his life, Stephen Watts lay in bed feeling anxious. Ive thought that the band might stop a lot of times. So Gustavson arranged a pool party for the German Club at her mothers house in Mundelein. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . Thats when I made the decision that I had to find a resolution, and some kind of closure to all of this, Gustavson said. They went to a concert at Ravinia, putting Gustavson at great risk of being seen by someone who might tell her mother. It became very apparent very quickly that we had feelings for each other, Gustavson said. "What I found was sort of a broken man," she said. And she says she was tormented by guilt over how shed ended things. She searched for a period of several months with no luck. Both so busy, it got to where they rarely saw each other. Rolling Stones drummer and music icon Charlie Watts attended one last charity event with Shirley Ann Shephard, his wife of 57 years. He moved on, going to Germany to teach. ANG: Ive always loved to travel. Taxes and shipping calculated at checkout. No one in their right mind would leave her at the altar.. So you get a job. If you know you have been to hell and back, been in some hairy situations and you have gotten yourself out. His time in Germany as a German and English teacher. But life for him had been much harder. And now she was here. The Speciale family would like to announce the passing of their father Stephen "Steve" Peter Speciale at the age of 80 years. Because Im not really a rock star, he said. I was a fairly decent swimmer when I was at school. But, no, not really. Tensions mounted when she asked her mother if she could host a pool party at their home for the German Club members. Growing up in South Africa I did see more poverty than most, but people in the United States and first world countries don't understand just how lucky they have it. We make jokes about eloping so that he can avoid the hoopla, Collins said. Wednesday, March 1, 2023. Steve Watts Media. Gofundme.com/f/steve-jeanne-love-finds-a-way | Youtube.com/KGW News. For instance youre always in a tight position, whether its money or its deadlines. He was born on March 8, 1979 and his birthplace is England. He is not the same man I saw two months ago., She saved my life, said Watts. A navy suit and starched shirt hung on a hook nearby. I taught him how to waltz 50 years ago! Gustavson shouted out. She lived in Mundelein with her mother and grandmother, who didnt allow Black people in the house unless they were there for work. Although things had since changed, Gustavson and Watts knew that their love remained. Steele retired all six Padres batters he faced and then headed to the bullpen to throw 25 more pitches. Im still traveling now- this is not my home country, I love it here but theoretically Im still traveling. So thats a huge influence, (although I wouldn't say on slyde per say), but rugby is a great sport and teaches you to work hard, and that definitely is a huge part of my life. I used to think that at the end of every tour. Slyde is people. I take care of all the design work and Ang takes care of everything else, so my day pretty much starts and ends with that. It was exhausting but it was so worth it. Ive been all over the country and Ive been to Vietnam (twice), Nigeria, all through Central America. "She saved my life," he said. Sometimes I'm like I don't wanna talk about it anymore. STEVE: We met through a mutual friend Jess who incidentally, we are also having Thanksgiving with. Her beau is a defensive end for the Arizona Cardinals, who previously played for the Houston Texans. He also touched on the idea of whether the Stones would ever retire. $ 96.3K. She lived with her mother and grandmother, who didnt allow Black people in the house unless they were there for work. It's on the Indian Ocean side about 2000 kilometers up from Cape Town, the water is sort of lukewarm. Despite ample legal trouble, Sizemore had steady film and television credits. STEVE: To be honest with you its an addiction to me that if I do go in, I end up spending 5 hours out there. The wrong time for another loss, as the Bulls were now two games out of a play-in spot. Before long, they were flirting and scheduling plans outside of school. The smiles we see and the a parents who are just so grateful that their kids have half decent people to look up to- its incredible. As lovers, they wanted to spend every moment together and saw a future with each other. I specifically wanted to be in that area, I mean Indo is like Disneyland for surfing. STEVE: You can achieve absolutely anything, or you feel you can, and essentially you can. We hope you get a chance to enjoy more time in the ocean with your board soon! A nurse wheeled him to the waiting area. I think if you had two designers, as an example you would literally want to kill each other because you would be continually fighting about the same stuff because you have so many. When he called me the nickname even though we hadnt talked yet I knew in my heart that he still loved me, and this was going to work out, Gustavson says. Im sorry, but I cant do this. , From the instant I did it, when I hung up the phone at work, I regretted it, she says. Steve Watts was born on March 8, 1979 (age 43) in England. Please enter valid email address to continue. Charlie Watts' wife Shirley has died aged 82 following a short illness - 16 months after the Rolling Stones drummer lost his battle with cancer. His hair was matted, his muscles withered and his still-sharp mind withdrawn behind a wall he built to block the misery of his daily existence. Infections led to his left leg being amputated just above the knee. Both German majors, they met at a gathering of the German Club. But no luck with that. About 15 years ago, hed had a stroke, then another. That's where I got my first love of the ocean. This is my friend, Steve Watts, in one of his MMA fights: Here is Steve Watts jamming out in his band: Here is Ronda Rousey reaching out to Steve Watts: Here is the Give Forward Account for Steve Watts. Ive literally been in the middle of Australia with five dollars to my name. Steve Watts? There were thousands of them there. So the romance had to be kept a secret. Eventually, Gustavson and Watts moved on, and both married and divorced. Rather, we focus on discussions related to local stories by our own staff. Charlie was a cherished husband, father and grandfather and also as a member of The Rolling Stones one of the greatest drummers of his generation. Famous surfers like Jordy Smith andShaun Tomson are all from there. If this is not heaven, its pretty close to it., Gustavson, for her part, is happier than I have ever been, she said. Down below, hiding in the pitch dark, Sams tugged a rope and the money fell at his feet. He was a member of First Baptist Church of Taylorsville. We've received your submission. No. And Ang is very good at that, I'm sure it effects her but I think you have got to just literally remember its just work, its not just a personal thing. He passed quietly on February 18 around 5 p . He grabbed my hand and would not let go. In Late August 2022, Steve Wallis uploaded what he described as 'the hardest video he's ever had to film.'. "I can't turn back the clock. Cricket, basically all the sports a lot of Americans never heard of or don't know anything about - and then the regular sports kids do like football (soccer), judo, swimming. Its really where I got into board design too, I just started to rip apart old surfboards and stuff to make handboards, that was way back in the very beginning though as a kid. ANG: Im from the East Coast, from a little town called Westerly in Rhode Island. I wouldnt do those islands anymore, that was 8 or 9 years ago that I had that idea, I would pick somewhere else now. Since before I could walk I was down at the, Its a place where a lot of surfing happens, because the waters a lot warmer. Their connection was instant. 2022 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. and cant wait to more time in the Ocean with my boardAloha! He was quieter. Copyright 2023 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Production house specializing in small projects for large clients. We meet a bunch of like minded cool people, there's nothing to beat it there really isn't. I think a lot of people would think that is taking it a bit far- but this is my kingdom. Its a place where a lot of surfing happens, because the waters a lot warmer. My purchase was for a Christmas gift so no feed back. His failed marriage. Steve: you can see sometimes we do, here's the secret: don't hold on to anything, because Ihave a fierce short-term memory. Then after high school I went to college up in New Hampshire where I studied physical education and health education. Handboarding to skimboarding- really anything we could get our hands on we were out in the water, its freezing cold water though. Then when I was about eight or nine we moved up the coast to Durban. But elsewhere in the house, amid the whirl of activity, the love of his life, Jeanne Gustavson, was putting on a pale blue dress, checking her makeup and getting ready for a day shed wanted for 43 years. Its everything both of us wanted, Gustavson says. Im just a bit scared right now, he said. !, In that instant, I knew he still loved me and I still loved him, and this was going to be forever, she said. FamousBirthdays.com - use subject to the practices disclosed in our privacy policy. They would intentionally linger after meetings, just to chat. But, to her family, there was a problem. but the process. He is famous for being a successful YouTube Star. He worked alongside his professional partnerMaggie the Magpie. I was going to Chicago, and I did not tell anybody., On June 28, she flew into OHare International Airport, and subsequently showed up at the nursing home, she said, with no idea what I was walking into.. Been use my Phish I bought last year. (1) to raise the funds to keep Steve at the paralysis and spinal therapy specialty center that actually has a shot at helping him, and HisSTEVE AND MAGGIE YouTube channel has amassed over 5 million subscribers. Steve Watts News. I just love the man., The feeling is mutual: Im the luckiest guy in the world, Watts said. Steve is also well known as, Creative director at WattsEnglish, an educational brand dedicated toyoung learner education. Shortly after sending the note, Gustavson received a call from her. The guests eyes misted over. Steve is a YouTube Content Creator, he runs a successful Stealth Shelter Camping, Winter Camping, Boondocking, and DIY YouTube channel. The nursing home staff eventually allowed her to visit with Watts in the room he shared with others. According to wikipedia latest update, he is still alive. The other half will have their spine opened up and human neural cells directly placed into the spine. Steve is great at creative and having the vision but there was no process. It was a feeling neither of them was familiar with at the time: butterflies, daydreaming about the other and an unshakable yearning to spend time together. But after eight years, Gustavson realized that their love for each other was no longer enough. Estimated earnings. Before leaving to join Team Israel, Cubs prospect Matt Mervis shared why this WBC means so much to him. When he did not reply, Gustavson called, only to find out Watts could not take her call. I specifically wanted to be in that area, I mean Indo is like Disneyland for surfing. The video . Then, one day in June, the 71-year-old retired linguist was told he had a visitor his first in years. After she flew back to Portland, she couldnt get Watts off her mind and vowed to visit him again a few weeks later. After about a week, she told him: Come back with me to live in Portland. She told her that the president of the club was Black, and, well, she just went ballistic, Gustavson says. STEVE: Right in the beginning of Slyde one of my questions I asked myself is why did I want to start a business? My extended family got involved, and everyone was discouraging me.. Gustavson first met Watts back in 1971, when they were both students at Loyola. Shirley Watts, who was married to Rolling Stones drummer Charlie from 1964 until his death last year, has died after a short illness, according . Shephard, 82, and the British rocker adopted a 5-year-old greyhound pup named Suzie at the event. Many of his friends had died, too. Here are some interesting facts about Steve Watts: * HisWATTSENGLISH YouTube channel has earned more than 600,000 subscribers. Shes gone from that sedate person weve always known to she bubbles, she giggles all the time, says Tina Mattern, a neighbor and close friend. That was their life, on the side of a highway in a swamp. Bring you and yours holiday cheer throughout the year. The man had virtually no one., Staff members brought Watts who had no idea Gustavson was visiting him downstairs in a reclining chair to meet her, and right away, he said Jeanne? He has made such amount of wealth from his primary career as YouTube Star. With no job now and no longer needing to care for her mother, Gustavson says she thought a lot about her life with Watts. He is still wonderful. He runs the channel alongside his professional partner Maggie the Magpie. Employed by PepsiCo captive . Admittedly, she was just as broken and carried the guilt and regret for the next 42 years of her life. and I really hate that cliche well its business not personal but whatever it really is true because you can't be like oh I think your idea is shitty or this or that, its all for the good of the business and like we get annoyed at each other, but not often and when we do ten mins later its done. In collaboration with his business partner Maggie the Magpie, he manages the YouTube channel. Robert (Steve) Watts, 88, of Baker's Cove Road, Taylorsville, passed away peacefully Friday, May 21, 2021, at his home. Steve sun sign is Pisces and his birth flower is Daffodil. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Although she did not like disobeying her parents, I couldnt let him go, Gustavson said. Ive had my fair share and this is my time to give something back and work. But when her family found out about her budding romance with Watts, things quickly became complicated. Youre my soul mate, my best friend, and I want to spend forever with you, said Gustavson, reciting her vows. It took six people to lift Watts into a wheelchair and roll him down a ramp into the couples sun-dappled backyard in a suburb of Portland, Oregon, where the couple now live. That particular trip fueled me to go back to South East Asia and back to Indo. Menu. Love it! Her brother Tony Mathis helped arrange a medical transport van to drive them to Portland. Theres nothing worse than playing in a club with three people sitting in the front ones your girlfriend and the others your mate and thats the audience.. Through everything, she says, shed never forgotten Watts. Then he made the move- one drunken night, on a dance floor. Ang: Because it is something I have always aspired to be. And he was all alone, having lost his mother and sister. He had withdrawn. He gets why shes so happy. Jeanne Gustavson Stephen Watt true love gofundme page. In this article hide Kealia Ohai She called the nursing home, which is located just outside Chicago, and verified that Watts lived there. In college, Gustavson once went on a double date with her lifelong best friend Clare Drexler, the brides maid of honor Saturday. How Is Surfing Good For Student's Mental Health. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying it! Victorian ghosts and a sensational cast are set to raise the roof of . Then, they started showing up early to casually spend additional time together. A quick look at Fridays sectional final action. ANG: Im really competitive by nature and Ive always wanted to make something of myself and just be someone that people admire and look up to. Steve was born on 10 September 1981 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Tony Mathis said his sisters relationship offered a lesson to all about following your heart. Toronto. The sports stars met . The exterior fades, but whats important is whats on the inside.. The twosome kept their relationship low-key when they started dating in early 2016. At least I knew where he was.. The brand is known for the Wow! Held several risk management positions/roles in tenure with Frito-Lay/PepsiCo, culminating with Corporate Risk Manager. Our team put a lot of work into designing and producing a bag that is both durable and fun to use. The two of us cried for about an hour and a half., She was so beautiful, I couldnt take my eyes off of her, Watts said. Absolutely that influences the company and travel is a huge part of what we do. The 80-year-old legend put his lengthy partnership all the way down to the fact that he is "probably not a rock star." The couple has given their parents a granddaughter named Charlotte. And we sit here and complain that our iphone is broken or something. STEVE: I grew up in South Africa, actually Cape Town, on a small kind of cove/bay calledHout Bay- translated roughly into wood bay. STEVE: We don't wanna take over the world, we just wanna bring stoke to everyone that rides. For most of her adult life, 69-year-old Jeanne Gustavson has suffered from chronic regret for breaking up with her college sweetheart. For most of her adult life, 69-year-old Jeanne Gustavson has suffered from chronic regret for breaking up with her college sweetheart. Even the huge oak tree in Gustavsons backyard stopped shedding its brittle autumn leaves long enough to complete the ceremony. I dont have all the trappings of that. Steve: I don't even think it's that, i think its because we love what we do we are passionate about it, we love to talk about it. It turned out, Watts was in a nursing home outside of Chicago. You get to work and meet some of the most incredible people. Ang: I can't have a better life than working with my husband (Steve: ha let's not get overboard) and loving what i do. Gustavson says she hated keeping secret the source of so much . I just know how important this all is to my sister, and I wanted to help in any way I can, he said. Right out of college I workedforAmeriCorps which led me to the bay area. And she loves him for who he is on the inside, not for the man hes become on the outside.. With Kevin Durant now in the mix, the new-look Suns showed the Bulls just how much firepower they have. ANG: My favorite thing over this summer was that we worked Monday through Friday in the office and then every weekend went to the beach, we did demos, and show people Slyde in action. A few weeks later, she flew to Chicago anyway. And with her mother no longer in the way, Gustavson made arrangements to move Watts from the nursing home to her home in Portland, Oregon.