If you are the driver of this truck, please contact us, she wrote. Summer looks much less cared for as far as grooming than the other kids, IMO. For the latest true crime and justice news,subscribe to the Crime Stories with Nancy Grace podcast: [Featured image: Summer Wells/Tennessee Bureau of Investigation], Texas Mom Stabs 5 Children, 3 Fatally, During Child Protective Services Visit, Life Without Parole: Convicted Kidnappers of Slain Toddler Kamille McKinney Sentenced, Squatter Charged With Murder of Missing Teen Farmer Dylan Rounds, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said on Saturday, subscribe to the Crime Stories with Nancy Grace podcast. He has since been released. (WVLT) ByKelly Ann Krueger, Camruinn Morgan-Rumsey, Paige Hilland Savannah Smith I told the boys, I said, Watch Summer; Ill be back. And within two minutes, I came back, and I asked the boys where their sister was, and they said, She went downstairs, Mom, to play with her toys in the playroom. I said, OK. And I yelled downstairs for her a couple times, and I didnt get no answer, which was unusual because usually she always answers me. She is about 3 feet tall and weighs around 40 pounds. reporters on a platform technologically tailored to meet the needs of the modern reader. The parents say they thought they were doing the right thing by requesting the public's help to find their little girl, but it backfired. On June 16, authorities issued an Amber Alert on Summers behalf, meaning they thought she was in immediate danger. Additionally, the photo was not released by law enforcement. Summer Wells Disappearance: What Do the Parents Know? At the time, the search had composed of 1,150 searchers that had logged more than 13,800 hours of searching. On the one-year anniversary of Summer Wells disappearance, Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokesperson Leslie Earhart held a press conference. We know that theres people praying all around the world praying for her safe return. Ill be right back. And shes scared to go in the woods herself because weve told her time and time (again) because of the bears and snakes. There was not a flower bed. But I knew in the back of my mind, shes never wandered off. In their timeline, TBI revealed the extent of the searches. She was last seen wearing gray pants and a pink shirt. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Kellyanne Conway, who propelled Donald Trump into the White House, is getting a divorce from her Trump-hating husband. Summer is described by investigators as being 3-feet tall, weighing about 40 pounds, with blonde hair, and blue eyes. They searched all this mountain terrain all the way down through here. Sign up to receive news and updates from this site directly to your desktop. She did not walk back out that front door. Its been one week since Summer Wells went missing from her home in Hawkins County. Rose Marie Bly, Summers aunt, went missing in 2009. }); A missing persons posted says Summer was last seen wearing grey pants, a pink shirt, and was possibly barefoot. }); Summer is described by investigators as being 3-feet tall, weighing about 40 pounds, with blonde hair, and blue eyes. Four months after Summers disappearance, her parents created a YouTube channel dedicated to thanking the community for their efforts. I looked everywhere I could. She claims to be a Christian, and then she claims to be a psychic. Click on the bell icon to manage your notifications at any time. But it could be any color now. Jail, where he remains, according to WJHL. ga('ads.send', { Sheriff Ronnie Lawson asked the general public to stay out of the woods during searches but they did ask people to search their own property if they leave in the area. The TBIs fixed-wing search helicopter had also logged a combined 21.2 hours of flight in the search, which was facing problems with the terrain. ", ROGERSVILLE The father of 5-year-old Summer Wells, who has been missing since Tuesday, told the Times News on Friday he believes his daughte. We will not quit until we find Summer Wells.. Juanita for one. A picture of Summer. TBI spokesperson Leslie Earhart spoke on the case as it passed into its second week, saying, this one is outside the norm. At the time, more than 106 agencies from six states had joined the search. Please, do the right thing. Summers case took the country by storm, inspiring state and volunteer search efforts and an ongoing investigation. Since then, multiple police agencies have been seeking the girl, without success. As weve previously mentioned, we have been working around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area around the time 5-year-old Summer Wells disappeared to determine what they may have seen or heard, no matter how insignificant it may have seemed to them at the time, Earhart wrote. #LIVE Saturday, the TBI released a vehicle description for a potential witness in the disappearance of Summer Wells. On June 22 investigators conducted a roadblock canvass, speaking with drivers who travel through the Beech Creek area often to see if they noticed anything out of the ordinary on June 15, the day Summer Wells went missing. In order to preserve the integrity of the investigation, we will not provide additional information regarding the timeline.. As of Sunday afternoon, authorities have received 137 tips related to the #TNAMBERAlert for Summer Wells. Wells says he believes someone came through a wooded trail near the . The disappearance of Summer Wells, the 5-year-old Hawkins County girl at the center of a Tennessee AMBER Alert, has captured the attention of thousands across the region. A statewide AMBER Alert was issued. Investigators and searchers have not given up on the girl and are asking anyone to submit information by calling 1-800-TBI-FIND. Family said his sentence will be re-examined in 30 days and should be out within 90 days. Im not going to go there.. "Its heartbreaking to me, my law enforcement officers and the community," he said. }) You know, that red or maroon Tacoma truck TBI is looking for could have been painted by now or a long time ago. The parents three sons were placed in the custody of that states Department of Child Protective Services after Summers disappearance, according to Fox News, which added that Bly said the boys were removed for reasons not related to Summer vanishing. She was last seen wearing gray pants and a pink shirt and might have been barefoot. Its devastating.. All sorts of people. She had an emotional breakdown when asked about the Cornbread Mafia, described as an organized crime syndicate in the southern United States, by WJHL-TV, which reported that the experts dont think the parents harmed Summer but that Bly might know more information than she has revealed. WVLT News was on the scene the entire day in Hawkins County, covering updates as soon as they happened. Winds light and variable.. A clear sky. She is about 3 feet tall and weighs around 40 pounds. Donald Wells is shown with his wife, Candus, and their four children, including Summer (pink jacket). A look down Ben Hill Road from the Beech Creek Road intersection in Hawkins County Monday afternoon. The 5-year-old girl has been missing from their home in Hawkins Countys Beech Creek community since June 15. eventAction: 'view' Candus Harer, Summers grandmother, gave a statement to the media, according to WIHG-FM. Anyone know paint shops or Tacoma trucks that are recently painted that have ladder rack and match the description? In 2010, he formed the Tedeschi Trucks Band with his wife, blues singer/guitarist Susan Tedeschi.His musical style encompasses several genres and he has twice appeared on Rolling Stone ' s list of 100 Greatest Guitarists . You know, that red or maroon Tacoma truck TBI is looking for could have been painted by now or a long time ago. This slows search operations down in these areas but rest assured, while encountering these conditions, we are still searching with an aggressive approach with extreme attention to detail, the Church Hill Rescue Squad stated in post on Facebook. In part 2, Don and Candus speak out in their exclusive first national TV interview. By the end of the day, authorities had received 30 tips relating to the girls disappearance. Another group, Heels on the Ground, also began documenting the case on the video platform. Shortly before her disappearance, Summer's chin-length blonde hair was buzzed down to a close crop. Her blonde hair is believed to be shorter than it appears in most of the pictures of her that authorities have circulated to help the search. The woman was never found, and her case remains unsolved. ", SUMMER WELLS DISAPPEARANCE: FATE OF REWARD MONEY TO BE DECIDED BY COURTS, Summer Wells (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation). The way that she just disappeared, she would never do that, he said. This time, he and his legal team are seeking a brand new trial. An Amber Alert remains in effect for Summer. All rights reserved. Every detail is important.. Don Wells, father of Summer Wells, write a letter to the "kidnappers" who he said took his daughter. Grandma gave her a piece of candy. When I was coming back up out of the holler, the cops were coming up in my driveway. Since the night of June 15, 2021, there have been no answers as to where Candus and Dons 5-year-old daughter Summer could be. "Why don't you give our little girl back before God's wrath descends on you? Dive teams were brought in to search bodies of water in the area. "At that time, no one expected that we would still be searching for summer one year later.". Your account has been registered, and you are now logged in. Live with the latest on the TBI Amber Alert for the missing 5-year-old Hawkins Co. girl https://bit.ly/3gAH2NP. Summer Wells is a 5-year-old Tennessee child who has been missing since June, 2021. Searches and Investigations continue throughout the Eas 6,353 people like this 7,118 people follow this http://FindSummerWells.com/ News personality Privacy Policy Photos See all Page transparency See all The tip search as of this afternoon (Saturday) stands at 468.. Jack Davis is a freelance writer who joined The Western Journal in July 2015 and chronicled the campaign that saw President Donald Trump elected. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Wells said his daughter was last spotted around 6.30 pm on June 15, wearing a pink shirt and grey shorts. }); HAWKINS COUNTY, TENNESSEE: Five-year-old Summer Moon-Utah Wells of Rogersville, Tennessee, was reported missing on Tuesday, June 15. Five days later, her car was discovered 30 miles away in a parking lot. The Official Wells Family Information Site, 2021/23 The Official Family Site of Missing Child : Summer Wells, The Official Wells Family Information Site, The Official Site for Information pertaining to Summer Wells who. Covering the rough terrain in the Beech Creek search area left search teams exhausted both physically and mentally. Katie Hobbs Defies Arizona Supreme Court Decision, Biden Quietly Makes Mysterious Financial Move in Delaware Amid Hunter's Legal Troubles, Uh-Oh: Fetterman's Chief of Staff's Tweets Come Back to Haunt Him Amid Senator's Hospitalization, Convicted Killer Murdaugh Looks Unrecognizable in New Mugshot Just Hours After Sentencing, Democrats Lose It on Biden After He Flip-Flops on DC Crime Bill: 'F***ING AMATEUR HOUR', Newsom Gets Torched After He's Caught Doing the Exact Thing the Left Blasted Ted Cruz For Doing. Don Wells also said that TBI investigators had searched his home as part of the investigation and told WVLT News that the 5-year-old was not the first member of the family to go missing. summer wells remains found, a five-year-old girl, went missing from her home in Hawkins County, Tennessee, on June 15 of this year. I dont recall if (Don) was here before the police got here or if he was here at the same time they showed up. Authorities have sifted through thousands of tips, but said investigators have been bogged down with false leads generated by online speculation and people profiting on Summer disappearance. By clicking Sign Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. }); Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. One video shows Summer wandering about aimlessly during service while her mother-unkempt and slumped in the pew sound asleep-is not involved at all. On Monday, Summer's father, Donald Wells, told the Times News he has thought his daughter was taken from the area from Day One. The TBI said it is a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack and white buckets in the truck bed. We continue to urge the public only to share information from official sources. She's 5 years old, four-foot-tall, blonde hair last seen wearing a pink shirt and gray pants," said Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson on June 15 . Statistically speaking, theres a good chance shes already dead, Don Wells told the Kingsport Times News. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), If you see her, please call the Hawkins County Sheriffs Office at 423-272-7121 or the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND. TBI also released a series of photos of Wells. U-Haul suspect's ties to 'other crime under . (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation). And [Summer] wanted to go back over and see her brothers, and I said, OK, and I walked her all the way over to the porch, and I watched her walking into the kitchen where the boys were watching TV. TBI officials began scaling back the search on June 27. ga('ads.send', { "You've broken many hearts and more, especially an innocent 5-year-old girl's heart. HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) - After 5-year-old Summer Wells went missing from her home in Beech Creek, investigators have worked around the clock to locate her. She lived on a hilltop on an 11 acre property in Beech Creek, Tennessee . Summers mother and grandmother stated that she was planting flowers with them shortly before she was last seen. I know Summer will. So, I yelled for Summer. let gads_event; pg.acq.push(function() { It has been reported by authorities that Summer Wells was last seen at her home (shown here) on Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek community of Hawkins County last Tuesday evening (June 15) at about 6:30 p.m. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - Monday marks 600 days since an Amber Alert was issued for Hawkins County child Summer Moon-Utah Wells, and investigators are still trying to find out what happened. Answering the question, Have you searched the home and property around the residence? they answered, Yes, more than once, including the basement, crawl space, all vehicles, outbuildings, barrels, and other items located on the property. Last month 11-year-old Ryan Larsen went missing from his Nebraska home. And [Summer] wanted to go back over and see her brothers, and I said, OK, and I walked her all the way over to the porch, and I watched her walking into the kitchen where the boys were watching TV. June 2021. This is the official, (updated 02.09.23 The Wells Are Offline), Youtube Facebook Twitter CONTACT, New Flyer to print for Summer Wells 2022, Dr Phil Show Episodes Aired : July 18 & 19 2022: Original Airing Nov 11 & 12, 2021, Don Wells & Candus Bly Wells This one is definitely outside the norm. The aunt of missing five-year-old Summer Wells has now also disappeared, it has emerged, and has not been seen since 2009. I sent the older boys down through the creek. The police are yet to find her and are now searching the pond on her father Shannon Overstreet's property, assuming the worst. She was reported missing at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 15th. June 26, 2021, marked a significant development in the case; TBI officials asked the public for information on a truck that had been seen in the area around the time of Summers disappearance. Winds light and variable. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. More than 120 teams, including members of the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office,. Teams, it said at the time, had searched approximately 3,000 acres. Have you collected and reviewed surveillance video? The TBI said it could not release additional details in the open investigation but said it would "immediately" notify the public should investigators uncover new information that could help find Summer. SUMMER WELLS DISAPPEARANCE: ONE YEAR LATER, Don Wells, father of Summer Wells, write a letter to the "kidnappers" who he said took his daughter. Summer was last seen around 6:30 p.m. on June 15th at her home on Ben Hill Road in a remote area of Hawkins County. I watched her go in the door and I could see her brothers at the kitchen table. Additionally, the photo was not released by law enforcement. Typically we have some idea where the case is headed and what might have happened, Tennessee Bureau of Investigations spokesperson Leslie Earhart said in a June 24 press conference. TENNESSEE MISSING 5-YEAR-OLD SUMMER WELLS: INVESTIGATORS SEARCH FOR PICKUP TRUCK. In this file photo, rescuers search a cow pasture off of Beech Creek Road for Summer Wells. Summer Wells is a 5-year-old Tennessee child who has been missing since June, 2021. Anyone with information is asked to contact the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND or the Hawkins County Sheriffs Office at 423-272-7121. Mike Pompeo, secretary of state under Donald Trump, signaled that he may run for president in 2024 in a speech at CPAC. TBI Summer is about 3 feet tall and weighs around 40 pounds. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. In this situation, despite exploring all avenues, the circumstances leading to Summers disappearance remain unclear. We yelled and looked for her as much as we could. They smile to put on a good show, but other than that, I know theyre really upset. Have you searched the flower bed? hitType: 'event', A prayer garden that started last Wednesday the day after Summer Wells went missing continues to grow at a church near her home. Read our editorial standards. eventAction: 'click_image_ads' She comes out and she was planting flowers with us. Power train all feels really good. Invalid password or account does not exist. Don Wells told WVLT News at the time that his home was dangerous. He said the family had received threats on social media and multiple people had trespassed on the homes property, including people claiming to be psychics. Bring my grandbaby home, Harer said. It was Wells first DUI, but since the arrest violated previous probation, he was sentenced to 11 months and 29 days at the Hawkins Co. Police say the family says Summer was last seen at her home on the evening of June 15 at about 6:30 p.m. Much of the area has a Rogersville address but is on the eastern end of the county closer to Kingsport. Newsom decided to take a vacation in the midst of a devastating winter storm wreaking havoc across California. The autistic child was last seen walking out of La Vista West Elementary School and is yet to be found. She is 3 tall, 40 lbs., with blond hair and blue eyes, officials say. },false) 2023 FOX Television Stations. Aerial view of Summer Wells' home shows how rugged the terrain is in that area of Hawkins County. Its been 600 days since Hawkins County child Summer Moon-Utah Wells went missing, and investigators are still trying to find out what happened. Her parents, mother Candus Bly and father Don Wells, have faced a great deal of scrutiny. A Kingsport man is offering a $25,000 reward for the person who provides a tip or information that leads to the discovery and/or recovery of 5-year-old Summer Wells. The sheriff said he will continue to follow up on all creditable leads and conduct targeted searches where appropriate, all to find Summer. While investigators have kept civilians off search crews, opting instead for law enforcement and professional search and rescue teams from all over the region, neighbors of the Wellses have been doing their part, WJHL reported. Burbank is a city in the southeastern end of the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles County, California, United States.Located 12 miles (19 km) northwest of downtown Los Angeles, Burbank has a population of 107,337. ENDANGERED CHILD ALERT: We need your help to find 4-year-old Summer Moon-Utah Wells, missing from Rogersville. Investigators have been searching for a 1998 to 2000 model year maroon or red Toyota Tacoma with a full-sized ladder rack and white buckets in the bed that may have been near the Wells home at Beech Creek Road and Benn Hill Road on June 14, 15 or 16. Hawkins County officials later revealed Don Wells had been arrested on domestic assault charges in 2020. The girl was first reported missing on June 15, 2021, at the center of a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation-issued Endangered Child Alert.