Message from Brussels: Orbn should be deprived of his voting rights . George, I treasure the memories we share and I wish you all the very best. Get involved by becoming a Loyalty Fund member, supporting scholarships, or participating in global engagement initiatives and events hosted by your local club or chapter. Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to serve as your president for this past year. She does so much more than our books. Thank you for your leadership and open-mindedness in listening to the voice of students. Vote of Thanks to Outgoing President Speech. The executive board remained steadfast, seeing this as an opportunity to focus on the Association's growth and sustainability. You'll be in my prayers. You see, if you want high-performing board members, you have to motivate them. Chairof theBoardof Trustees. May the Good Lord bless us all! Every year the Association awards thousands of dollars in scholarships, and 2020 was no exception, with $144,000 awarded to 72 deserving students. He is a partner at Gowling WLG, where he practises primarily in the areas of commercial dispute resolution, mediation and professional liability. The board and staff must engage and work as co-pilots and meet each other at the right altitude. At the Feb. 23, 2023 Board meeting, the Benchers approved amendments to provision 3.2-8 of the Code of Conduct, as well as the associated commentary. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. I especially want to recognize Lithographics Inc, Athens Paper, Emma Email Marketing, ST8MNT Branding Agency, Frothy Monkey, Industrious, Ingram Express Services,redpepper, FoxFuel Creative, Watkins College of Art, Design, & Film, Woodshed Stage Art, Trevecca Nazarene University, and Middle Tennessee State University. Institutionalize the celebration of the International Earth Science Week, to educate the general public on the importance of geoscience to their everyday living, Increase the financial base of the Institution through the establishment of GhIG Foundation. 1. My fellow alumni and friends of the University, As my year as Alumni Association president ends, I will finish my year the way I started, feeling blessed and honored to have served you as president of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Alumni . A Thank-You Note To President Trump Bruce Weinstein, Ph.D. Contributor Customized ethics keynotes, training, and online courses for CE credit Follow Jan 3, 2018,12:05pm EST I would like to. It just might be the motivation they need to stay ignited and excited about the work. Maybe there are certain skills, attributes, and experiences missing from your board table that would really take your board to the next level. Every time we talk, he wants to know how I am doing (not the organization), My board chair cares about me and my team on a personal level, showing up for my office managers retirement dinner and a memorial service for my husband. Fuel public awareness and enthusiasm for Geoscience, through public lectures and other engagement initiatives, and provide information on the Geoscience relevant to peoples lives. Whoever said that it's much easier to edit than write must have been a writer. The 14 Attributes of a Thriving Nonprofit, The Roles and Responsibilities of the Board Chair and Executive Director. In fact, I have three board members I can really count on in this way to ask critical questions and see the big picture. Congratulations Marianne! Hell show up with a box of pastries just because. He is a partner at Gowling WLG, where he practises primarily in the areas of commercial dispute resolution, mediation and professional liability. At least your mental wheels are turning. Include a professional greeting. We would like to thank our outgoing President, Ken Warren, KC. Through bible studies, small groups, chapel, vespers, and individual conversations I've never felt the love of Christ more in my life than during this year. Now it is time for you to pursue the enrichment of your own life just as you have enriched countless other lives. And your board plays a key role in helping you share your orgs story, bringing more people closer to your work, and inviting people to join the party. In March 2020, A committee was formed to develop a document for the regulation of geoscience professional practice. Many times, they had to go through heavy traffic to attend Council meetings at the GhIG Secretariat located at the Geological Survey Department Head office. Because they care about your staff, they care about your mission, and they care about you. My deepthanksgo to all of you for your commitment to the hard work that is involved in continually creating Williams. You dont have to figure this stuff out all on your own. I'll miss our Thursday lunches. The beauty of brainstorming is that there is no pressure at this point to produce a final product. Thats what being strategic is all about, saying lots of nos so that you can achieve a few critical and timely yeses.. Lafayette, LA 70503 As MC during official proceedings, Karens warmth and sense of humour provided a stimulating and fun atmosphere throughout the three-day event. Effective July 31, 2017, chapter vice-president Steven Manicastri will serve the remainder of Todd's term as president. Each of you handled your roles with grace, service, and just plain hard work. She is a retired CPA and so dedicated. They served at a high level of commitment. Welcome Deanna Steblyk, KC, President-Elect 202324. a lawyer should advise the client of the clients language rights as soon as possible; the choice of official language is that of the client, not the lawyer; and. To my delight, I was overwhelmed with responses. It is indeed an exciting and transformative time for your Association. Stop for a second and chew on this question: What motivates you to do a great job? Karen has been integral to the important advances we have made as an organisation over the last six years. "I'm touched beyond words.". The executive board began identifying areas for growth and the long-term plans and solutions it will take to reach Alumni Association goals. Most of all, we are going to miss Susans friendly and energetic presence, her organizational and professional skills and her intelligent and thoughtful communication. A high-functioning board can be a real game-changer for your org especially if you are at a smaller nonprofit. Code of Conduct Changes for Official Language Rights. January 28, . You made my day.". And they tend to take care of themselves last (if at all). The diversity of backgrounds and perspectives on the Board will continue to help us navigate some important and challenging work over the next year, including the development of a new Strategic Plan, our ongoing strategic work and upcoming fall Bencher election.. With a high-functioning board working at your side, it never feels like you are flying solo. What Are the Important Roles of a Speaker and a Listener in Effective Communication? My team and I did everything we could to allow the breath of students to come alive through the action and change that took place on our campus. Lastly, I want to encourage each and every one of you to get involved in any way that you can. I will also want to thank the general membership of the Institution, particularly those who served on various committees of Council and those who participated in other activities of the Institution, including seminars and workshops. My sincerest thanks to the Association's executive board, staff, and council members, University president Dr. Savoie, volunteers, and everyone who came alongside us to serve and make a difference. Carers Australia would like to acknowledge the outstanding contribution made to the organisation by our outgoing President, Ms Karen Cook, and thank her for her leadership over the last six years as a Board director, Vice President and President. I have had the privilege of serving on the AIGA Nashville board for three years, the last two of which have been as chapter president. During my term of office, I hope that I have been able to make my views known on many issues. Club Spotlight: Vermilion Parish Ragin' Cajun Club, Giving Day: Stronger Together returns March 9, 2023, Ragin' Cajuns romance rooted in UL Lafayette, awards thousands of dollars in scholarships, https://www.facebook.com/ulalumniassociation, http://www.youtube.com/user/ullafayettechannel, https://www.linkedin.com/edu/university-of-louisiana-at-lafayette-18443, https://plus.google.com/105944035799179437958. Regarding meetings and COVID-19 - a letter from the board president. And Id like to share them with you. To Anna Finch, the best VP a girl could ask for, this English Education girl boss duo will forever hold a special place in my heart. In October 2019, we successfully celebrated the International Earth Science Week. Its clear that there is more work to do in all of these areas and maybe even a lot of work but were making progress that Im extremely proud of.. The theme of the conference was: geoscience, environmental stewardship and society. Thank you! 2. Thank you for speaking up, standing up, and fighting alongside us for the betterment of the campus. There were times throughout this journey in which I felt this emotion with my innermost being. Your contributions have been significant. I pray that we all seek gratitude and never give up on hope for better days. Our work this year is our work. I feel absolutely psyched every time I have the chance to work with her.. Now is a great time to reach out and thank them. A strategic plan will be put in place to carry out the Association's mission and serve our alumni worldwide better than ever. Here are some examples of subject lines: Thank you for meeting on 5-7-21. just last year and our newest board member has worked for a national nonprofit for years and sends me resources, articles, and information whenever she becomes aware of something I am working on. He created a list of contacts that he thought would be great potential donors and has systematically been approaching each of them over the last few months, even traveling to see them!, My current and former Board Chairs are exceptional. Maybe I can take him with me!. I invite you to stay engaged and explore ways to participate in volunteer programs. You know, those times when they dont exactly hit it out of the park, but at least you know it wasnt due to a lack of trying? Mr. Chairman, GhIG Council members, Newly Elected Officers of the GhIG, General Membership of GhIG, Ladies and Gentlemen. Mr Chairman, over the past two year amongst the achievements, are; Mr. Chairman, the Council faced challenges in three main areas: Mr. Chairman, I end my speech by making the following 10 recommendations to the incoming Council: I like to congratulate all the elected officers who have availed themselves to serve in the Ghana Institution of Geoscientists for the term 2021- 2023. Special thanks for all our neighborhood friends that joined the meeting tonight. Is it the warm sense of accomplishment you get when you achieve a goal? Seven MRH High School students have graduated during Susans term as President. To learn more about Deanna, visit the board directory. The theme of the conference was: Building the competencies of young geoscientists for academia and industry. I thank Bernita and the Board for their work over the past year. Here are some great examples of this kind of diplomacy in action: My amazing board member makes magic happen frequently. Plus, the time you invest now will save you time later because you shouldn't be paralyzed by writer's block when you're only partially done with your note. Thank the person for what they did (or their service). Thank You! Many of us may have missed the social gatherings the Alumni Association is known for in the past year. You will also get a few bonus tools that will help you assess your existing boards strengths and weaknesses and design your dream board with intention. Tip one: Keep it short. Mary writes extensively about small business issues and especially all things marketing., Business Models & Organizational Structure, How to Make an Award Acceptance Speech to My Company. The UL Lafayette Alumni Association is the bridge that connects our graduates to beautiful memories and each other. She has grown and learned so much and was always willing to try new approaches to problem solving.. These folks who often get painted with the same brush as toxic board members when executive directors have an expectation that all of them should get 94s instead of 87s. March 27, 2016By Heath Moylan, Joe's Place Corporation. When I get to talk about GU, my face lights up. Providing a range of information and supports to carers, such as NDIS, Aged Care and advanced care planning. Even if your board is not scoring straight As across the board right now, consider that maybe todays B+ was yesterdays F. And you should also keep in mind that these board members said YES when asked to join your board when they could have said no. Let them know how much you appreciate their commitment to your mission. Greg Avis 80, P11 I will never forget the early mornings and late nights spent brainstorming, planning, chatting, and configuring a way to conquer the world! Submitted documents to the Registrar General for the legislation of the Institution as a Professional Body. Deanna joined the Board in 2018. Stay connected and learn about the latest news and events in our community! They give up nights and weekends for meetings, strategic planning and are in the trenches doing the work and are committed to seeing us grow., She sings our praises to every person she meets., I am a board member and our board chair is a movement builder and has a vision for the future. Im fortunate to have been able to observe Williams from increasingly close rangefrom that of a student to those of a parent, volunteer, trustee, andboardchairand I can report with pride and gratitude that the closer I have ventured, the more admirable you have seemed. As Joes Place enters its 10th year of service, Heath is focused on ensuring the ongoing stability of Joes Place while finding new ways to provide needed services to homeless and at-risk students in the MRH community. Only together can we ensure that everyone, not only in design but in business, government, media, and the public understand the power and value of design. You will forever be one of the most cherished teams I have ever been a part. There are no words to describe how proud and thankful I am for each of you. My deep thanks go to all of you for your commitment to the hard work that is involved in continually creating Williams. From the outside, colleges seem to glide effortlessly, but I know how different the reality is. Karen also played a central role in the 2014 National Carer Conference. Or do you celebrate their hard-earned 87? A special thank you to Twyla Lambert for your selflessness and being my biggest cheerleader. A Special Thank you to our outgoing President CiCi Yim. 600 E. Saint Mary Blvd. We would like to welcome our incoming President, Heath Moylan. You need as many diverse people in your corner as possible who know about your organization and are pumped to champion your cause. My newest workshop can help you answer all of these questions and so many more that you probably have about your nonprofit board. To the incoming President Dr Anthony Duah, it is not going to be easy to lead GhIG as it has grown bigger and complex for the past four years. Partner with industry to engage in activities for our mutual benefit. Our board chair is ending her three year leadership and I cannot imagine life without her next to me as my co-pilot. They sacrificed their time and resources to work for the good of the institution at no financial cost to the Institution. In July 2020 a series of webinars were organized to educate members and the general public on earthquakes and seismology. Here is an example of what your first line might look like: I enjoyed our . She is highly respected by the other members and is oftentimes my voice to the board if/when we have a sticky situation or action is needed., I am one of those Executive Directors who is always drawn to the next shiny new thing and they bring me back to reality without bursting my bubble., When I began, our organization had some bridge-building to do. Use one of the short but entirely apt poems provided to end your vote of thanks to outgoing president speech in a warm, light-hearted way. Only together can we ensure that everyone, not only in design but in business, government, media, and the public understand the power and value of design. But with the support of the incoming executives, the Council, GhIG Secretariat, the general membership, and last but not least, your family, you should be able to sail through and effectively deliver on your mandate. We thank our outgoing members and welcome new members, as well as extend a heartfelt thanks to Directors past, present, and future for their contributions and dedication to Dryad's mission. We are grateful to Ken for his time, commitment and significant contributions as Bencher and President. I am very happy for you and wishing you the very best with your next chapter!! Thank You to an Outgoing President "During your tenure as president, we have seen enormous growth in our." "You have been integral to the important advances we have made, particularly. A leader & friend. For the second consecutive year, plans were altered for Spring Gala, the Alumni Association's signature fundraising event. May 07, 2020. The further amendments and expanded commentary strengthen the Code to ensure lawyers inform their clients of their language rights. Knowing and seeing that I am not alone in this care for such a special place is what got me here, carried me through, and leaves me feeling appreciative. Its no secret nonprofit executive directors have very hard jobs. . During this time, much has taken place at Joes Place! Mine and Exploration Geologist. Safety measures are in place, and campus community members and guests are additionally advised to take personal precautions. The way in which this community has poured into me spiritually cannot be described accurately. These vote of thanks speeches express the gratitude of the members of a club or association to a President/Chair who is stepping down. I have led and supervised several green field exploration programme within Denkyira and Wassa districts leading to the discoveries of many gold desposits in the environs. It took weeks before I felt confident in my ability to lead my cabinet and the student body. Key information about carers and how they can be supported. There are no words to express my gratitude for your help, love, grace, and leadership. I have a rich experience working within the Ashanti Gold Belt in Ghana. The Practice Advisors will release a resource on the amended Code of Conduct provisions 3.2-7 and 3.2-8 and the associated commentary in the coming months. To the dream team, my GSGA cabinet, wow. Oversee the establishment of the Chartered Professional Geoscientists scheme for professional practitioners in the field of Geoscience, and promote their value across all Geoscience sectors. Thank you for the privilege and opportunity you gave me to serve the Institution as President from 2019 till today. Thank you! Now is a great time to reach out and thank them. The entire Joes Place organization would like to thank our outgoing President, Susan Lee, for her four years of dedicated service to Joes Place. The Emily Post Institute: Being Thankful: Thank-You Note FAQs, How to Give a Feel-Good Speech to Your Employees, How to Make a Creative "About Me" on Facebook, How to Make the Words Slanted in Google Chat. Subscribe to the AIGA Nashville Community Calendar, \ Join AIGA, \ AIGA Standard Contract, \ Design & Business, \ Design Business & Ethics, \ Design Census, \ AIGA Standard Contract, \ Design & Business, \ Design Business & Ethics, AIGA | the professional association for design. This revelation should come as a relief if you're struggling with how to word a thank-you note to someone who has served as president of an organization (or another position like it). Thank you! Possesses general understanding of drilling techniques and equipment, geochemistry application in exploration, sound understanding of mining operations, milling and maintenance operations. See the college's, Experiential Learning & Community Engagement. Thank you for helping me achieve it. Keep it up! It just might be the motivation they need to stay ignited and excited about the work. In you, Ive found a mentor and lifelong friend. This fact should relieve some pressure.). Her passion for the work has given us all the shot of energy and direction we needed. Thank you for guiding me in my growth with my relationship with Christ. Thank you all for your time and support over the years, and for years to come. Do me a favor. They help you grow your army of the engaged. Executive board meetings, as well as alumni council meetings, were done virtually and successfully. All rights reserved, Greenville University is authorized to operate as a postsecondary educational institution by the Illinois Board of Higher Education, How to stay healthy during this gloomy weather, Meet GU's director of admissions experiences, Atmospheric Conditions: A brief history of a Zoom prayer meeting, How GU prepared me for my career(s) and other reflections from Mark Rose '76. Or maybe you love the satisfaction of being able to say, I did that thing! especially when that thing is something that you once considered impossible. Writing tip: Sign and send your thank-you card while the gift or event is still fresh in your mind. Start your Panther 5K training with these 5 tips! A farewell letter from outgoing Association president Beverly Black. Susans leadership has continued to build an affirming, collaborative environment for our extraordinary house parents, Dan and Alyssa Reeve and Jeremy and Rachel Mapp, for our high school students and our Program Committee. The joyful spirits that surrounded me with truth and light kept me going in times of trouble. Great board members bring their most relevant and valuable skills, experiences, connections, and ideas to the table to help you make the big decisions every day and create a long-term vision for your organization. I would like to thank the Council members of GhIG for their selfless dedication to the affairs of the Institution. During this time, much has taken place at Joe's Place! I have been blessed to get to know many of you personally, and Ithankyou for your friendship and the opportunities I have had to learn from you and your work. We would like to thank our outgoing President, Ken Warren, KC. In the same breath, I congratulate Dr Anthony Duah who is succeeding me as President of the Institution and wish him well in his new role. Deanna Steblyk, KC, begins her term as the 202324 President-Elect of the Law Society of Alberta today. Going against the grain, embracing new norms, and remaining focused on the business at hand were the best courses of action for successful oversight of your Alumni Association. A high-functioning board is filled with enthusiastic storytellers who ignite passion in others and are always eager to invite more folks to know more and do more for your organization. ShareThis Copy and Paste This past year has been full of hard work, meetings, tears of pain and joy, meetings, laughter, meetings, meals shared, leadership training, meetings, 1-1s, and more meetings. Its been exciting, and a lot of hard work, but I have truly enjoyed my time serving as president and feel very fortunate to have had this opportunity. 4. The Alumni Association also increased the use of digital platforms to stay connected with our alumni globally. This past year, many of our experiences have included disruption, heartbreak, loss, but hopefully blessed gains as well. But you still may need some inspiration, whether you're expressing your appreciation to an outgoing president, a board member, a committee member, the board of directors or an outgoing chairman. They offer direction and expertise AND stay in their lane., I am ready to move to a new role soon the one thing holding me back is the relationship I have with my board chair. I feel like a lot of staff leaders choose the first option when their board members get 87s. Hardcopies were printed for members. After eight years on the Executive Board, the time has come for me to leave. Above all, ensure that you thoroughly enjoy your term as President of GhIG. "You're a blessing to me.". But whether it is by taking a task off of your plate or simply encouraging you to take a break, a high-functioning board is always there to support you through the most challenging times. At the end of 12 years as a trustee, including six asboardchair, I want to take a moment to share some observations and tothankyou for the many ways that each of you contributes each day to the singular education we provide our students. Beverly Black '86 Each and every one of them wants to be a high-performing board member on a high-performing board. Through board service, I have connected with the community, discovered and honed my skills in leadership, worked collaboratively with an amazing volunteer board, and made friends and connections with other design enthusiasts locally and nationally.