Making the final decision on this matter is exclusively the responsibility and purview of the board as a whole, Hanson said in an email. The board also made allowances for extenuating circumstances, such as a potential or actual COVID-19 outbreak. The post called the mask mandate policy a power grab, by an overbearing school board. McAdam said posting home addresses of public officials is a move used by anti-government groups to intimidate public officials. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Step One: If the Teachers' Rights Committee determines that the grievance is meritorious, it shall provide written notice to the Superintendent of its intent to submit the grievance to arbitration within twenty days after receipt of the Board's decision. Join or sign in to find your next job. We will continue to strive to make decisions that are in the best interest of the health and safety of our district.". Our students success through our collaborative work inspires us to do even more on behalf of our students. Mission - The Whitefish School District cultivates and supports a community that engages each student to succeed in continuous learning, career, and citizenship. Glassdoor has salaries, wages, tips, bonuses, and hourly pay based upon employee reports and estimates. Many have been more than pleased with how Means filled his superintendent roles throughout the pandemic, and that was proven through several letters written to the school board. For me, the important thing out of that survey is that it was a clear indication that there was a wide set of opinions in our community, Lengacher said. Supervisory responsibilities include areas of administration, legal issues, financial oversight, transportation, tuition, school district organization, classification, boundary adjustments, and centralized clerical and record keeping. This honor continues to speak to our staff, administration, and the students of Whitefish High School and our entire district. ", copyright 2023 Superintendent Fisher suggested to the Board that the Weed District follow the Commissioner's lead and suspend any activity planned for management of aquatic weeds. "We recognize how challenging the last 17 months have been during this global pandemic," Means said. Chairwoman Jen Brumley said the board feels very fortunate to have two excellent candidates. The public forum for both candidates will be next Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. Each candidate will have one hour. Mission - The Whitefish School District cultivates and supports a community that engages each student to succeed in continuous learning, career, and But then that person said, you know he just seems like that this is it, this is his place.. I just got really mad at that meeting, and I spent three weeks writing and researching.. Arntzen also is not the states only elected official to weigh in on the power struggle between parents and school boards. The movement has resurfaced recently as frustrations mount over the pandemic and its restrictions. The Whitefish School District on Friday sent out a letter to families in the district informing them of a recent investigation regarding communications between a staff member and students. DeVries is the director of Love Lives Here, an anti-discrimination group in the Flathead and part of the Montana Human Rights Network. This program regulates open burning during those times of the year when it is allowed and issues daily burning restrictions based on data . Prior to that he was Superintendent of the Big Horn School District in Cowley, Wyoming, from 2007 to 2018. Vice-Chair Schellinger Curriculum Director Bloom . "Students and faculty who have been vaccinated will not need to quarantine if they are exposed and asymptomatic. County health will be verifying vaccine status for those who are seeking to avoid quarantine. Whitefish Bay School District | Whitefish Bay WI Our young musicians offer music performances for their parents and community throughout the year. The main entrance to the new Muldown Elementary School building. First, a little about the history. The framework and assistance are also provided for other cooperatives. Superintendent of Schools The County Superintendent of Schools is elected for a four-year term and must hold a current Montana Teaching Certificate with a minimum of three years teaching experience. Superintendent As the superintendent of the Whiteford Agricultural School District, it is my sincere pleasure and honor to serve this amazing learning community and school family. I am honored to work with such outstanding staff and our board of trustees who are committed to supporting each student to achieve at the highest level. And she said shes dismayed that none of the other board members voiced a concern either: The rest of the board members sat there silent, and not a single one of them said Hold on, I dont think recommend means the same as required. Nobody pushed back on that strange narrative. School Board Chair Katie Clarke said the school district considered holding another national search for a superintendent like it did last spring before Means agreed to serve in the interim role, but decided the move wasnt necessary. Whitefish School District Your purchase today gives 10% back to your school! The efforts by our teachers, staff, and families have, enabled us to provide education in ways that are increasingly flexible and supportive of students, I look forward to continuing to collaborate with one another as we build upon the exceptional, educational system and programs we have in Whitefish Schools. she said. They have God-given rights protected by the constitution.. Davis Schmidt announced last November that she was entering her final contract with the district due to family reasons, namely that her husbands company had merged with a larger out-of-state firm. Some parents have reported their children are long haulers, experiencing serious symptoms, such as heart problems and the inability to read due to vertigo, for weeks. Underly, superintendent of the Pecatonica School District in southwest Wisconsin, has the support of many left-leaning groups and unions. Additionally, he obtained a Master of Arts in educational leadership with an endorsement in administration before moving back to Montana. Myrah will temporarily fill the position on July 1. His district has 4,500 students and 650 staff members. There is also a Bulldog tip line available on each school website. I embrace the opportunity to be in a learning environment where everyone pursues knowledge and has the opportunity to learn from diverse and enriching relationships," he said. Community members may view the recording of the December 14 meeting, including the PowerPoint that was presented, as well as provide more feedback by completing an online survey that will be open until January 16. I abhor personal attacks, whether verbal or otherwise, against my fellow trustees.. The Recycled Fiber Superintendent will focus on the areas of operational best practices, technology advancement, process improvement projects, cost improvement projects, capital justification, and planning activities. Contact Us Bulldog Tip Line (406) 730-3080 | [email protected] News & Announcements 2023-2024 Incoming Freshmen Q & A The WHS Counselors will be available at the Junior High Parent Teacher Conferences on 3/2/3023, to answer any questions you may have regarding your student's high school registration. In 2016 he was named Wyoming Superintendent of the Year. 290 C North Main, Kalispell, MT 59901. The pandemic is in its 20th month, and so far, 14,003 children aged 0 to 11 have been infected with COVID-19, with 58 of them needing to be hospitalized, according to the Department of Health and Human Services. Our Superintendent Superintendent Dan Zorn, October 2021 "Literacy is the most important thing we do!" Contact Us Dr. Dan Zorn - Superintendent Holly Pfenniger - Executive Assistant Office Hours 7:30am-4:30pm Summer Hours 8:00am-4:00pm Address: 2715 Lilac St Longview, WA 98632 Office: 360.575.7016 Fax: 360.575.7022 energy as they continue to grow on this journey. Privacy Policy Orozco has been director of elementary education, then assistant superintendent of elementary education and instruction, since 2015. His interview will be held on Tuesday, March 7. MCPS school board selects 1 applicant for superintendent interview . The person selected will replace outgoing Principal Linda Whitright, who is retiring at the end of the school year, capping 28 years at Whitefish School District. Montana School Boards Association director Lance Melton maintained Flathead County District Court still will need to determine if the petitions meet legal standards. In 2018 he received the CSPD Leadership Award for Region V in Montana, which is an award recognizing leaders who have positively impacted the lives of paraeducators and students. Whitefish School District seeks a Principal to join one of the leading school districts in the state of Montana. Mr. Fisher further indicated that the Weed District would continue to provide weed education and perform survey work if grant funds are received. It is a full-time position due to the large number of independent school districts in Flathead County (23). If my employer said to me, I recommend that you go and do such and so to me, that is not like its your option, so I think its kind of in-between, it could go with one side, or it could go with the other, Boksich said in the recording. But according to several letters and statements of support from community members, school staff and board members, Means stepped into the role and confidently led the district through a vast amount of unprecedented obstacles. She has a Master of Education in leadership and administration. Education Based on 10 salaries Teacher 3 salaries School Counselor 3 salaries View More Administrative Based on 2 salaries Executive Assistant 1 salary Clerical 1 salary View More The union surveys were the only two to feature a strongly recommended policy, while the family and non-union employee surveys only listed a recommended option. However, there will still be quarantine requirements for infected people who aren't vaccinated. Davis Schmidt will continue to fulfill her full responsibilities through the remainder of the school year. Paatalo said the recall came from her own frustrations with the school board meeting. All materials can be accessed at www.whitefishschools.org on the WHS Expansion Needs link. For a board to conduct itself in this manner lacks the basic integrity required of a politician.. One time a person said to me, wow, why would he take that job in a pandemic? Muldown Elementary Principal Linda Whitright said during the meeting. Superintendent Means presented for the Board's review, discussion and possible action the 12/13/22 draft Safe Return to In -Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan and the 7/19/22 Whitefish School District COVID -19 Guidelines and Procedures, which includes the latest draft of the Whitefish Listing for: Whitefish School District. She also has served as the Whitefish Education Association president for the past two years. According to the letter, the investigation was conducted by an outside agency and evidence from the investigation indicated that a Whitefish Middle School teacher failed to maintain appropriate, professional correspondence with several students. It is a full-time position due to the large number of independent school districts in Flathead County (23). I think strongly recommended can go down with mask required, just as much as it goes up with mask optional.. Team Leader, Operations Manager, General Manager, Maintenance Manager. In his comments about the masking policy, Matt Niel called the school board trustees bullies and narcissists, and he said that hed decide on masks for his kids himself, according tomeeting minutes. Extremist anti-government folks like Ammon Bundy have seized upon the pandemic as a divisive issue to come into communities and further the division and recruit new members.. The statement added that it was important to inform families within the district of the situation and that the district took the appropriate action. I am enthused and proud to serve our district as interim superintendent.". The district still will offer remote learning for students who choose not to go to school in person. Published on www.firebrickgroup.com 26 Feb 2023. Currently, we are only able to do fingerprints by appointment only. He settled down in Whitefish though, and his own children have attended Whitefish Schools. After the unanimous approval by the board to offer him the contract, Means expressed his gratitude for the support and his readiness to continue leading the district. Bloom holds a Bachelor of Arts in elementary education from the University of Montana and a master of education degree from the University of Portland with an emphasis in supervision and leadership. Great schools of the fish abounded. 600 East 2nd St. Whitefish, MT 59937 . Whitefish School District. Dr. Heather Davis Schmidt has been the Superintendent of the Whitefish School District in Whitefish, Montana, since 2015. 44 and High School met in regular session on November 10, 2009 in the District Board Meeting Room. "I am blessed with an ability to love and understand people and what motivates them.". The Trustees of Whitefish School District No. Libby, MT 59923 They did so with support from the highest elected school official in the state, Superintendent of Public Instruction Elsie Arntzen, and with encouragement from Moms for America, a group at the forefront of the parental rights movement whose president, Kimberly Fletcher, was involved inorganizingStop the Steal events and attended the Jan. 6 Stop the Steal riot at the U.S. Capitol. Beale is currently the principal and superintendent of Fair-Mont-Egan School and has 23 years of experience in education that began with teaching in Maine. AIR QUALITY AND VENTILATION About the Program: Operation of the outdoor air quality program includes collecting data from monitoring sites in Kalispell, Whitefish and Columbia Falls and administering the Flathead County Air Pollution Control Program. Six candidates were interviewed April 1 and 2, including Drea Beale, Lisa Bloom, John Coyne, Henry Mack, Catey Nasello and Sharon Webster. Our new building opened in the 2020-2021 school year just up the street from the old Muldown site which is now the district annex building. Trustee Bennetts Director of Business Shea . Job in Nye - MT Montana - USA , 59061. With overwhelming support from the Whitefish School Board, administrators, staff and community members, Whitefish School District Interim Superintendent Dave Means is expected to take over in the role permanently. "I look forward to building on my existing relationship with students, staff, parents, and community members to not only continue our tradition of excellence but to enhance and expand it. Opens in a new tab. The goal is control, and when it comes to schools, it is about deconstructing an institution that they have not liked for a long time, he said. Back in 2013-14 the system lost 6,891 students through open enrollment and gained just 731 students .