As the police showed up, Eddie took a widened shot of the event, and noticed Gwen Stacy holding on to the side of the building. After many years of budding heads, Eddie realized that he didn't really "hate" Peter. The young soon-to-be-ex-highschooler visits Doctor Strange, hoping the former Sorcerer Supreme (Wong now has that handle after Strange disappeared in the Blip) will cast a spell to make the world forget that he is Spider-Man. Acuna: Those are great points. Acuna: Was I the only one getting these vibes at the diner? Ned has been Peter's "man in the chair" since "Homecoming," but he takes a big step up in this adventure. One explanation could be that Eddie's actually transported into a non-MCU place first, finds out who Spider-Man is, and is later transported again into the MCU. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. In this storyline, Eddie Brock Jr. is a childhood friend of Peter Parker, whose parents had worked with Brock's own scientist parents on a cancer-treating substance called "The Suit." Peter accidentally bonds with "The Suit," which becomes his black costume. Who could the symbiote latch onto this time? They just go back to doing whatever they were doing by the sounds of it, Maguires Parker is living happily with Mary Jane, while Garfields Parker now has a renewed sense of enthusiasm for saving the day having been in a depression after Gwens death in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Maggie and Paul had already been murdered and if Murdaugh committed suicide, Buster wouldn't have been entitled to the money. I always wanted brothers. Its not entirely clear, but with Tom Hiddleston's Loki rumored to appear in Doctor Strange 2, there could very likely be a connection. Considering how dangerous a single Celestial can be, an army of them would be more than enough to make Strange sweat bullets. A breaking news report from the Daily Bugle's incorrigible J. Jonah Jameson reveals two key pieces of information to the world: Spider-Man is Peter Parker, and he killed Mysterio. GameStop Moderna Pfizer Johnson & Johnson AstraZeneca Walgreens Best Buy Novavax SpaceX Tesla. In the movie Venom, Eddie Brock and his fiance Anne discuss an event that caused him to leave New York during a date. Eddie Brock was humiliated and fired from his job. Seems a little suspicious. We will unfortunately never know, as Doctor Strange sent all the multiverse-men packing back to their universes. It's almost as if they've been hinting at Ned's downfall from the start of this franchise. That seems confusing. All we know for now is that a small piece of Venom has officially made its way into the MCU. Edward Charles Allan "Eddie" Brock is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics.The character was created by David Michelinie and Todd McFarlane, making a cameo appearance in Web of Spider-Man #18 (September 1986), before making his first full appearance in The Amazing Spider-Man #300 (May 1988) as the most well-known host of the Venom symbiote. Unfortunately, Bully Maguire (opens in new tab) never came out in No Way Home. They end up in New York where they seek out Eddie Brock . But I'm going to give our guy the benefit of the doubt. Acuna: Every scene with the trio of Spider-Men was so much fun, I could've watched another hour of it. But I can't help but feel like that foreshadowed his eventual turn to the Dark side. While the No Fun Stuff re-release hasn't changed anything in the movie's final act, it does include a new post-credits scene that bounces off the movie's surprise conclusion. Doctor Strange's spell has done the trick: the spell has worked and everyone has forgotten who Peter Parker is. Its also unknown if Tom Hardy will cameo in the upcoming Spider-Man: No Way Home, as well as when and where Tom Holland will show up as Spider-Man again. After trailers and stills showed a very different-looking villain than the one featured in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," everyone began wondering what universe this Electro really belonged to. However, Maguires Parker seemingly comes from the current moment as he has not died and is just living out his life post-Sam Raimi's trilogy. During his trial, Murdaugh's attorneys flirted with the idea that . "They are coming," he tells Peter, but he doesn't bother to explain who "they" are. This identity was later proven to be false when Spider-Man outed who the real Sin Eater was. The MCU films have naturally strayed from the source material at times, but no one could be sure that meant the two mediums belonged to separate universes entirely. From that, it seems safe to assume that all the villains were pulled from the third act of their respective stories. Maguire seems like the less likely case, having long left the role behind and his version of the character now having a few back problems. Character Spider-Man appears in 16567 issues . I'm hoping we get some better closure there. Precisely what, or who, is causing the multiverses to merge is unclear. Who owns Avengers Tower? There's also another scene when Peter and MJ were swinging through the city trying to escape civilians and the media after the identity reveal and she told Peter they couldn't go to her house because her dad would kill him. Even though he knew Gwen had a modelling gig, he was surprised at what he saw. "The other day we watched the scene, my brother and I, and our jaws were on the floor.". Back in July, Zendaya told E! Or, they may all originate in the same universal plane and have found themselves in different realities. With no more existential worries about potential villains attacking loved ones, Parker swings out of his new apartment to stop local crime in New York. Brock pretty much made his career on unmasking the Sin Eater, but it turned out he'd found a copycat, and the real Sin Eater was caught and unmasked by Spider-man. Acuna: Fury went so far as to interrupt Peter's vacation/school trip in "FFH." Notably, Tobey Maguires Peter Parker served as host to the symbiote and not Tom Holland. How does that impact the original universe of each villain? Reeling from all the chaos, Peter thinks of the one person who might be able to magically make his troubles go away. The only person who could properly fill Doctor Strange's shoes was, of course, Wong, who in reality has been working with the magical arts for longer than Strange himself. Plus, in an interview with Comicbook.com, Tom Holland claimed to know who bought the tower. After he loses his mind, Doc Octopus is hellbent on getting revenge on Spider-Man. Seconds later the two find themselves in an entirely different hotel room. They're acting like this is more difficult than getting three Spider-Men in a movie together. After all, if Spider-Man's foes aren't superpowered, they won't need to fight the hero to the death. [knocks Spider-Man down into a black web and binds his wrists to it] Peter Parker: We can find a way to settle this. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). In other words, we should expect to see Venom attach himself to someone new and cause chaos in the MCU. New York, But the fact that his first scene in the MCU involved the Palpatine Lego and one of the last scenes of "NWH" showed Peter putting that Lego on a table in his new apartment had me worried. Confusing Moments In Spider-Man: No Way Home Explained. What does it mean? ), Singh: Maybe she thinks Spider-Man gave it to her? The young soon-to-be-ex-highschooler visits Doctor Strange, hoping the former Sorcerer Supreme (Wong. Merely a nice casting choice for an extra or does Fernndez have a bigger MCU future ahead of him? He hates Spiderman because he thinks he is the cause of all the bad luck in his life. It takes some multiversal assistance and some serious sacrifice for Peter to find a cure for each of the six baddies he's up against. The signs are subtle but apparent to any true believers. Then theres the possibility of Hollands Spider-Man training up someone new: namely Miles Morales. Singh: My guess is that the Mysterio believers are supporting Jameson's smear campaign against Spidey. The unfortunate consequence is that he switches sides too late, and must die alongside his science experiment. At the least, it seems like Osborn didn't purchase it. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. GamesRadar+ is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Turns out, not just villains were brought into the MCU: Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguires web-heads are here, too. Singh: Considering that Holland said the script for "NWH" was being rewritten almost regularly, it wouldn't surprise me if they had to scrap some kind of larger plan to involve Eddie/Venom. Then, poof, Doctor Stranges "undo" spell kicks in and Venoms sent back to the Sony-verse but a speck of the Venom symbiote remains behind. Acuna: The #SaveDaredevil campaign worked! Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. Brock was in ruin, and he blamed Spider-man for it. How does this spell work? If we don't learn who bought the tower in the "Hawkeye" finale, I'm rioting. I'm thinking humiliation. In it, Peter's fellow Midtown High student Betty Brant presents a highlight reel of student photos from the past few years. When they are sent back to their respective universes after Doctor Strange casts a new spell, the Spider-Men hope that thanks to the five villains no longer being evil they will not cause any more havoc and therefore will not die in their universes. It's possible she or Aunt May could've shown him the ropes. Luckily, today's Peter has access to some tech that Doc Ock's previous foe did not. That means that two key characters from the Daredevil show are now back in the MCU. So how are all these bad guys alive? Eddie Brock was mad at Spider-Man first because Eddie Brock worked at the Daily Globe and wrote a piece about the identity of a villain called the Sin Eater. Those are the biggest questions about the Spider-Man: No Way Home ending answered. That means Eddie is (probably) back at home in his own corner of the multiverse. However, this severely alters Peter's personality, and he realizes he must get rid of it. Eddie Brock: Hey, Parker. I'm really curious to see what Peter's journey in the MCU will look like, especially since "NWH" producer Amy Pascal said that Holland will appear in three more movies. Do spiders taste good? "No Way Home" opens at exactly the point where "Far From Home" ended. However, things go wrong as Peter messes with the spell while Strange casts it, causing the multiverse to rip, dragging in everyone from other universes who *do* know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Did they just drop that subplot or is that something that may be revisited in a fourth "Spider-Man" movie? The villain even makes a reference to hoping the man under the mask was Black a hint towards Miles Morales (more on him later) which implies he really didn't know Peter was Spider-Man. Spider-Man: No Way Home leaves the door wide open to multiple possibilities, including a potential return from Maguire or Garfield back as Spider-Man in their own movies. (The actor has said his contract is finished after No Way Home, but hes open to renewal.). Ultimately, he's able to de-power everyone before repairing the cracks in the universe and sending them all home. Cristo Fernndez plays the barman whos talking to Eddie as he disappears. We get multiple mentions of the characters name, Matt, and we see the lawyer use his excellent reflexes to grab a flying brick ("Im a very good lawyer"). There, they manage to turn Lizard back into a man, de-sand Sandman, and unplug Electro. The first hint comes when Aunt May gives Peter the "with great power" speech. My money's on next year's "She-Hulk" series, which revolves around another super-powered lawyer, Jennifer Walters. Both multiversal Spider-Men explicitly arrive from some point in time after they were last seen on the big screen. First, Marvel's "What If?" His turning point seems to come when he sees a bandaged gash on MJ's head. I mean, we know LOTR, Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Transformers, Oceans, The Chronicles of Narnia, This leads the symbiote to attach itself to Eddie Brock, giving birth to Venom. This is all, of course, just a theory, as no one knows what Spider-Man and Venoms second cinematic showdown will look like. Coinciding with Coxs reappearance in Spider-Man: No Way Home is Vincent D'Onofrio returning as Kingpin in Hawkeye. At the end of "Venom: Let There Be Carnage," Eddie and Venom don't appear to recognize Peter or Spider-Man at all. Because thats what Venom seems to crave at the end of Venom: Let There Be Carnage. However, as far as we know, Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) doesn't know anyone named Peter Parker. Acuna: How hard is it to do a background check on Quentin Beck and discover that he was an old, disgruntled, and fired employee of Stark Industries? He takes the box from Strange, locks the wizard in the Mirror Dimension, and takes the villains to Happys apartment where Parker can try and cure the Sinister Five of their evil superpowers the hope being that, by doing so, when they return to their respective universes, they will no longer die because they are no longer bad. When Peter shows up at the Sanctum Santorum, however, Doctor Strange informs him that he's no longer the Sorcerer Supreme. Two possibilities seem most likely here. In the months leading up to its release, "Spider-Man: No Way Home" was one of the most anticipated films in MCU history. Acuna: It's funny because, after two films, it felt like we didn't need to know MJ's last name was also Watson. We may have an answer to that. Spider-Man: No Way Home left us with a few questions about the future of Peter Parker. However, Uncle Ben was seemingly not quite as pivotal in Spider-Mans origins as he was for the other two Peter Parkers, with May being the creator and molder of his conscience this time around. And hopefully Garfields back home, too, with a renewed sense of faith in the world. Since the movie moves on quickly from this subplot, I'm going to pretend that's precisely what happened off-screen. His ultimate fate was unclear since there was no trace of either of them. The presence of some other important figures from previous universes raises even more questions. We had confirmation in What If? The symbiote that spawned the iconic villain was originally attached to Peter Parker for some time, making the alien substance psychologically obsessed with Spider-Man's power and body. Before she dies, though, she manages to give Uncle Bens classic with great power comes great responsibility speech. Together, Eddie and the symbiote became Venom and sought to destroy Peter and Spider-Man. He became Spider Man's arch-enemy and became a supervillain, but eventually redeemed himself, becoming . Peter Parker, it seems, is finally living the life he wants New York doesn't seem to be gunning for him, he's with the girl of his dreams, and he's managing to balance his normal life with the life of Spider-Man. Acuna: I'm not going to forget what happened in "Far From Home." Crypto The answer could be right in front of us. I just think there are endless opportunities for me to do what I want, and doing what I want might not be in the film industry. Hollands Spider-Man is basically in the same situation Maguire's Spider-Man was in during the first Spider-Man movie. That may be a little too on the nose. If Strange's spell that both opened and closed the multiverse was tied to people who knew Spider-Man's identity, how did Eddie end up getting caught by it? Same with Betty, which explains why the "NWH" marketing team decided to create a Daily Bugle TikTok account where Betty, their newest intern, shares videos and interviews with her peers. It's like the rules of time travel; the more you try to make sense of it, the more you make your brain hurt. Doctor Octopus has his inhibitor chip restored but Green Goblin turns sour. Curing Flint stops him from causing any issues in the future, but would not have saved Sandman as Sandman was not going to die. Peter Parker dresses in black, in Secret Wars #8. Singh: I can't stop thinking about what the future holds for Ned. As weve explained before, both Venom and Eddie experience the merging of the multiverse at the end of Venom: Let There Be Carnage and find themselves in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The question, though, is does that mean the Netflix shows are still canon? Okay, so let me explain this one to you. "No Way Home" gives another look at the nanobots' pseudo-intelligence later in the film when they slither off a pacified Doc Ock's arms and reform into a cool looking spider logo on Peter's suit. Feeding off Eddie's emotions and tying those in with the intimate understanding it already had of Peter Parker, it found enjoyment in such antics. Acuna: Since publishing, someone suggested to me that this makes sense because of Venom's hive mind. No one wants that more than Hardy, I think. Sony and Marvel Studios. Now that Kingpin has been revealed on "Hawkeye," it feels like we're due to see the two share the screen again. He is the only villain in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy who doesn't die. Does he now die, or does that confrontation never even take place? And boy, did it deliver on the goods. That seems overly complicated.. The first villain to burst onto the scene is none other than Doc Ock. Strange somewhat reluctantly agrees, casts the spell, and the multiverse-men are all sent back to their worlds. Like the comics, the symbiote latches onto Peter first, enhancing his aggression and ego before attaching itself to Eddie Brock. This was one of the biggest questions leading up to the release of "No Way Home," and the film doesn't come right out with a solid answer for it. "No Way Home" definitively places the MCU somewhere other than the Earth-616 of the comic books. In 2007s Spider-Man 3, the alien symbiote crashes in New York and latches onto Peter Parker and later Eddie Brock (played by Topher Grace). It's wild that Pepper wouldn't clean all of that up quickly in a press conference. that Ben Parker was a part of Peters life, and Peters bag in Spider-Men: Far From Home had the initials B.F.P. We all wondered if this meant Venom was officially part of the MCU and whether or not he would team up with the other baddies in "No Way Home" to create the Sinister Six. Green Goblin, Lizard, Electro, Sandman, and Doctor Octopus are all cured of their villainy by the Spider-Man: No Way Home ending. We knew this because of the end-credits scene of "Far From Home," but where exactly is he? While the scene was cool, it left me wanting more. There's a moment in the film where Ned worries about becoming a villain.