While best known for its pistol brass, Starline had shifted its focus to bottleneck cartridges and nailed it. For powder, I decided to branch out and give VihtaVuori N150 a try. Headspace Information Anyone who doesnt see the value in a properly-fitted, locking ammo box has never spilled a round of load development on the floor only to have to pull 50 bullets and do it all again. Barnes X Bullet 150-grain Moly Coat 3.285 OAL, Nosler Partition 168-grain Hollow Point Boattail 3.295 OAL, 1.4 inches (This a super hunting load and a great surprise in the Garand. Using standard CCI primers For 8 rounds per group: 46.5 Gr averaged 2546 FPS, SD 42.6 (ouch) 47.5 Gr averaged 2579 FPS, SD 38.0 Here, the gases meet a long-stroke piston attached to the operating rod, which is pushed rearward by the force of this high-pressure gas. During the M1s initial development it was chambered in .276 Pedersen, a smaller, lower-pressure round with a .284-inch diameter bullet designed for use in semiautomatic rifles and light machine guns. Consequently, many handloaders did find the finest accuracy with lower-than-maximum charges while many of todays powders shoot best when loaded right up there. Quality control is excellent. But accuracy was realized as well. Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading 9th edition. I literally cannot prep HXP surplus brass to this level of consistency. nos bt 150 varget .308" 3.250" 47.0 2808 42600 cup 47.8 2842 44100 cup 150 gr. M1 Garand 30-06 Loading Data Suggestions All Loads To Be Used At Your Own Risk d #>G%rqsbKVQHphg&8b]5p_ #+ !3a(uPpgFkm5QL 2"/ahiItEz) The M1 Garand rifle is a .30 caliber, gas-operated, 8 shot clip-fed, semi-automatic rifle. The powder was so versatile and affordable many handloaders used it for all their rifle loads. Which brass was best in the long run? % When the Garand was first introduced, many bemoaned the fact that the Garand was not a tack driver in the same manner as the Springfield bolt action rifle. Sadly, when you talk to some folks who reload for this old warhorse, they still opt for those same bulk bullets and surplus powder today! This site uses cookies to improve your experience. Mind you, that an overthrow with this dispenser is only 0.02 of a grain-or essentially 2 kernels of powder. <> They are impressed by the light recoil and how cheap it is compared to buying new AA . Todays H-4895 is a different powder, one of the Australian-made Extreme line offered by Hodgdon. The ability to shoulder the rifle quickly and get hits quickly in short order outclassed the Springfield or any other WW II rifle. some information as to Service Rifle hand loading for rifles like the M1 Garand Loading Precision All rights reserved. General George Patton famously called it The greatest battle implement ever devised., Apparently, however, those who call the rifle the Garand usually mispronounce the name, saying guh-ROND. According to people who knew him, including General Julius Hatcher, Garands name actually rhymed with errand, with the accent on the first syllable. However I decide to fill cases and seat bullets, one thing is for sure: the Garand can be an exceptional shooter if you give it everything it needs to succeed. <> The groups were fired in three-shot groups at 100 yards. This was with the Beretta rifle. However, handloading is the obvious means to the end when inexpensive ammunition and accuracy are combined. exceed the Maximum loads! The M1 Garand remained in service until 1959, and friend Tom Booker (a rifle loony of the first order) recently purchased one made at Springfield Armory in 1957. I would not wish to seat a Match Grade 168-grain bullet over a powder charge intended for 150-grain bullets. The all around best Look up loading for the Garand, M1-a on the net. ammunition. In 1932 General Douglas MacArthur quashed the .276 because zillions of .30-06 service rounds already existed. Temps The Big Dig Experimentation resulted in handloads that were more than accurate enough for big-game hunting. ?eeH\POokPx}8LH fzrUgB7e|!LQy:ilgag h51NK3agux>4vS!VWq~4zeNa|X .o?iivZ`txf.Vjv$ZshW%i4k0:]fqt({Kf>N4yG:HvR@#iknj:GrnZk qnRuJ^7jRSFiW\}un,[n7,z The M1 Garand Data Sheets Download in ".jpg" format for printing or use a PDF of M1 Fill-able Data sheet: This datasheet is intended for all levels of collectors, from novice to advanced, and can be used to record personal inventory of weapons. In this way, the data is not cluttered with a lot of irrelevant and unused information and is limited to pertinent data on this particular weapon. Case Gauges This was known as the M1 thumb or Garand thumb. Contact Form 7 or GravityForms plugin is required! The rationale of this format relies on blank spaces to describe parts rather than standard choices to be checked off or circled. 45 Colt Loaded With 185gr Everglades Competition JHP, 6.5 Creedmoor Savage 110 Desert Tactical X-Caliber Barrel Upgrade, 450 BUSHMASTER VELOCITY ~ 16 VS 18 BARREL. Worked very well. Results with the 168-grain bullets were more consistent overall, probably because of the quality of the Berger bullets. There is some factory-loaded ammo made specifically for the M1 Garand, and you'd be well-advised to stick with it. You must have perfectly-sized ammunition, and you must load within the pressure limits of the systemwithout battering the rifle. Henry Repeating Arms recently presented a $25,000 check a nonprofit organization that provides support and programs for the families and co-workers of firefighters killed in the line of duty. Basic Load Data Hornady Manufacturing Company develops and publishes reloading data for the Handbook of Cartridge Reloading. Since the Federal brass also eliminated dealing with crimped-in military primers, I used it for all the handloads. First, lets look at cartridge cases. Once the well-worn domestic brass and foreign produced brass were weeded out, the Garand began to deliver good results. The general rule I like is to use powders faster The power accuracy and ease of use are unrivaled. Notes: All loads use CCI BR-210 primers, with single exception noted.Overall length of all loads is 3.34 inches. When reloading for the M1 it is important not to load ammo that will over-gas the system. These dies come in several varieties, depending on your application, so we went with the full-length set that utilizes your choice of neck sizing bushing to adjust the bullet tension to perfection. These dies also feature a precision micrometer seating stem, which allowed me to achieve a consistent 3.325 overall length without any fussing around. All primers were Winchester large rifle. The rifle is accurate enough that the pursuit of an accuracy load was worthwhile. NOTE: I've used 48.5 grains of IMR4895 behind a 147/150 grain ball bullet for 25 years with no problems. Authors Note:Since the Garand has a floating firing pin, match grade primers are contra indicated. Many of the young men were military officers. This M1 Ball ammunition was designed for long-range machine-gun barrages, then a common military tactic, but by the time the Garand rifle appeared, the .50 BMG had taken over the long-range role, and .30-06 machine guns were primarily used at closer range. Try the following data: 180 gr. If the action were at ranges greater than 200 yards, many felt the M1 Garand was superior to the modern small caliber assault rifle. The following 30-06 Springfield and 308 Winchester (7.62 x 51 NATO) cartridge loading data is suggested for M1 Garand and M1A (M-14) rifles known to be in good operating condition. M1 GARAND SERVICE RIFLE LOAD DATA Starting Loads Maximum Loads BULLET WEIGHT POWDER DIA. The Hornady 7th edition does have a Garand section as EC said and it also lists the powders that Big Gun mentioned. In addition to the company's new scale, I opted for its new dies that also carry the MatchMaster moniker. The same caution applies to reloading for the M1 Garand. To load the Garand, first lock the bolt to the rear. Chamber Test Individual shooters often logged several kills with one clip including one brilliant and well documented incident in which an officer armed with a Garand, scouting at Normandy, took out eight Germans with eight shots. I just made up my 1st Garand loads a few weeks ago using data from the Hornady book. Other than that, we didn't venture too far outside typical reloading gear.The components that were available to use also depicted decades of product development. A good, tight crimp was used. With the RCBS small-base dies in use, there were no chambering problems. M1 loads (Courtesy of the NRA) Recommended .30 caliber M1 loadings from the NRA 147 - 155 grain FMJ or HPBT bullets IMR 3031 - 48.0 grains IMR 4895 - 49.0 grains IMR 4064 - 50.0 grains W748 - 48.0 grains AA2460 - 49.0 grains AA2520 - 51.0 grains AA2495 - 50.5 grains H4895 - 49.0 grains BLC-2 - 49.0 grains H335 - 49.0 grains RL-12 - 48.0 grains endobj Mastering such a rifle demands economical ammunition. The gas-port plug underneath the muzzle can be replaced with an after-market model to shoot commercial .30-06 ammunition. If hot loads or some newer commercial ammunition is used, it can damage the operating rod. me my best groups in my M1A. Loaded from data minimum to one step below max for the powder of choice. Groups with a rifle such as this were as expected2 to 4 inches average. Get the old rifle off the rack and to the range, and you will find hours of enjoyment waiting. Just don't try to drive the bullets too fast and the thread above about staying below 180 grain bullets is good . oal start chg start fps start press. Tagged: .30-06, Springfield, Service Rifle, M2 Ball, M72 Match, M1 Garand, .30-06 Springfield Part 3 - Long Distance Rifle Loads, .30-06 Springfield Part 1 - Hunting Loads, .30-06 Springfield Part 2 - Service Rifle Loads. This Mossberg 26B bolt-action rifle in .22 caliber belonged to my dad, Robert Elmo Babington. Thank you guys, I was looking for a book locally the few I came across where not very specific to Garand loads. However, I describe the stock as a Tung oil experiment gone horribly wrong." The Hornady book has M1 Garand-specific load data. Primers I am a life long hunter and staunch supporter of self defense and the right to keep and bear arms. I enjoy all things outdoors and gun related. I've been using 45.0 grains of 4895 under a 150gr bullet. yT;F}{mNjom#Jgk;W6f;E^`M]| N& ,q0Mm|}]/ww,f_Cx n*c+~_&XqNdtXahHD''c- E4Jw_}}?!Xl7f^T1]',J>Ld The basic rule is to use powders in the same general burn-rate range of IMR-4895, nothing much faster burning or, especially, much slower. As a backup, I tested several of the most promising loads in my vintage Steyr .30-06 bolt gun. I will be getting into reloading for my Garand and 5.56 I cant really find anything local that has some Garand specific loads? 07-28-2017, 12:59 PM. The military loads enjoyed a clearly specified burn rate for use in our first self-loading military rifle. I also had on hand 100 new, unprimed Norma cases from Graf and Sons. Amherst offers specialty two- and five-shot clips that proved invaluable in working up handloads and eliminating the need to load eight rounds on demand. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Reloaders Networkfocuses on firearms, shooting sports, reloading, bullet casting, and the related gear and accessories. 4 0 obj Suggestions Another load target was accuracy at 100 yards. The 45 Page The expensive Norma brass worked well. a powder as you want to use and even Varget is questionable. I also took along an M1 Carbine, Mosin Nagant sniper rifle, and a semi-automatic Thompson rifle. But the fact is, the Garands awful efficiency far outstripped that of the Springfield. I was using a 150gr FMJ and Varget. The operating rod (and subsequently the bolt) then returns to its original position. You cannot produce loads that lap at the heels of the .300 Magnum as you may with a bolt action rifle. Garand and M1A (M-14) rifles known to be in good operating condition. Many reloading sources have load data specifically for the M1 Garand rifle. At this time, ammunition wasnt quite what it was today, with a large bit of it being nothing more than repackaged surplus. As we weighed a sample of 20 cases, we recorded no more than a 1.1-grain extreme spread with our lightest case weighing 187.8 and our heaviest only 188.9. By extensive, I mean far more than 5,000 rounds have been through it. M1 Garands have been used for casual and competitive target shooting ever since they came home on the shoulders of GIs in the 1940s. I set up a target at 50 yards, partly because all the range sessions took place during a particularly windy Montana spring, and. endobj This led to more research, and it turns out the M1 and IMR-4895 coevolved during the years leading up to World War II. Accurate 2520 Powder in Garand I picked up an 8 Lber of AA2520 - the so called "Camp Perry Special", and loaded up some test rounds for my CMP special 30-06 garand and 155 Nosler HPBT. Necks were also right on the money, as we measured a perfect .014 thickness all around on nearly every case in that sample. The 308 Winchester (7.62 NATO) loadings should be One standard piece of .30-06 handloading advice, especially for Garands, is that military cases are heavier than commercial cases, so loads need to be reduced. M1 Garand 30-06 Loading Data endobj My best group was .62" (1.24 MOA) at 45.00 grains. I went by the book. Hello guys, I just started reloading for my garand and i have a few questions. THey will email you a scanned copy of those pages. Close enough that I would be remiss in not pointing this out to anyone thinking of using the VV-N150 in a Garand. His rifle hit some empty cans at short range, and I mostly remember the recoil being pretty mild for a .30-06, no doubt due to both the Garands weight and gas operation. A cartridge that is too far forward will tie up the gun. Powders include Accurate, Vihtavuori, Hodgdon, Winchester, IMR, Alliant You can also sub in the 125 Speer TnT. This allows me to create a more repeatable sight picture, reducing the possibility of this type of shooter error. PSI/CUP . A once common practice I avoided was removing the projectile from service ammunition and replacing it with a premium bullet. Just the same, there is room for experimentation within acceptable parameters and bullet and powder choices are abundant. More importantly, everything it makes has the performance to match. It turned out to contain 53.2 grains of a powder that, not surprisingly, looked exactly like my supply of twenty-first-century IMR-4895. He was born in 1921 and later served as a navy corpsman in Japan and Korea. All primers were Winchester large rifle. Thanks for watching. This Load Data taken from the They work like a champ! Starting Loads Maximum Loads BULLET WEIGHT POWDER DIA. At 45.50 grains, the first four shots measured .75" (1.50 MOA) and a fifth opened it up to 1.75", still respectable for an M1.When it comes to selecting a load to mass-produce, I like to consider the final application, as well as my projected means of loading it. I cannot comment on problem powders and bullet weights, because I took the route of researching my choices and avoided trouble. Many might say that the M1 "won't notice them." After repeatedly testing all the handloads at 50 yards, I shot the most accurate loads with both bullets at 100 yards, confirming the results. Luckily, I had only fired a few rounds, which had not damaged Toms rifle. Improper technique results in the thumb running forward into the chamber. The M1 Garand's operating handle doubles as a forward assist. The M1 is top-loaded, fed with an eight-round clip of .30-06 Sprg. The "U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, M1," or more commonly known simply as the M1 Garand, was designed by John Garand (pronounced to rhyme with "errand"), with development beginning around 1924. m1 grand service rifle load data starting loads maximum loads bullet weight powder dia. Using bullets from Hornady A-Max or BTHP. I also used the classic original and dependable IMR line of powders. On top of that, I had on hand 100 once-fired PMC cartridge cases, but they did not prove suitable for multiple loadings. As an example, the Garand feeds JSP loads more reliably than the Krag rifle, which I have also loaded extensively for. For the Garand, the army decided to reproduce the original 150-grain ballistics, partly because it recoiled less and partly because the ammunition was somewhat lighter. A full-length view of an H&R manufactured U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30 (M1 Garand) used to develop handload data. A few months later, after some general tightening and tweaking an of the rifle, the same load delivered 1.2 inches for three shots. Be certain the cartridges are staggered in the clip and that the cartridge case head is pressed fully to the rear. Images 12 Zach has several friends that are getting into reloading shotshells because of Zach's reloads. ?~kOl{{=^&:nyM =4 5^{w ~g3f7n_g^~~;xar8uom-woy[|O17x4ytOaF*A'BK>wi##_fG~=>F\EehLB[>C5f:# 1e9w ic=W8u/l[ruYc_K:mXBx}ge~>}}!4? x}[q -QH@};ty02'?XEQbH~ 9]kWQ,.V|>Zf_-vz-Mkvo'_{??zW_e_6}g}G??W_l/~~w 0}sZ+,S~9=o/WpO?Lowh}_dk3s=~ *tX}t #_ This one gave us a nice 1.8-inch 100-yard group on the first try. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for aNES Membership The benefits pay for the membership many times over. I used a MagnetoSpeed Rifle Kuhl to help reduce the wait time between groups while I policed up my brass, expediting my range session quite a bit. Here's the inside story of what they found and how they're rebuilding an industry giant. The rifle itself functioned perfectly except for the very first round, a misfire. Other than that, the gas cylinder is still nice and tight, ensuring that the front sight doesnt have any wiggle, and the clicks on the knobs are still as sharp as they were in 1956. However, through good maintenance, cleaning and cooling procedures, it still gauges just shy of 3 at the muzzle with a throat erosion slightly below a 5. (The z denotes the use of U.S. powder rather than British Cordite.). Instead he recommended either VV-N135 or VV-N140, and since he had recently sent me a batch of the latest Vihtavuori rifle powders all temperature-resistant, with a decoppering agent I decided to cease and desist with VV-N150 and switch to VV-N140. COL = 3.240 to 3.330". These dies size the cartridge case to a minimum tolerance. You have fewer options. The M1 Garand and its gas system was designed to operate with M1 Ball ammo. It is easier once you realize that you abandon accuracy tricks such as seating the bullet just in the leade, and experimentation with very light and very heavy loads. Images 13 1 0 obj This M1 Garand is no stranger to the range. Reloading data is available as low as 99 per cartridge or as a subscription for $19.99. Download in .jpg format for printing or use a PDF of M1 Fill-able Data sheet: This datasheet is intended for all levels of collectors, from novice to advanced, and can be used to record personal inventory of weapons. M1 Garand 308 and M1A 308 Loading Data The only previous time I had fired a Garand was decades ago, when a friend brought one along for an informal plinking session. A friend supplied some 200 mixed once-fired Winchester and Federal cases, which was an excellent starting point. I use this powder in my .30-06 Remington 700 BDL bolt action rifle. It was quite interesting to fire several match-grade, modern hunting bullets in the Garand and even more interesting to see the bullets group so well. M1 Garand Service Rifle Load Data. "Permanent damage can occur while shooting standard factory loaded 30-06 ammunition in the M1 Garand," said Dave Emary, Hornady Chief Ballistic Scientist. M1 garand, Bullet jump/ reloading data 08-15-2018, 01:43 PM. For bullets, we decided to give the new Berger Hybrid Target 168-gr. This is a great load for Garand Matches with the 03 Springfield and your M1 will recoil like a Ar/15 and still cycle the action. One goal was to produce a reliable load for firing three or four rounds quickly at distant targets. With Berger 168-grain VLDs, VV-N140 won by a nose with RL-15 and Varget right behind. Marlin Lever Guns It produces a 168-grain Garand ammo load that plays nice with the M1's gas system. Kevin has been in the shooting business a long time we met more than a decade ago, when he was chief ballistician at Sierra Bullets and these days he is in charge of technical services at Capstone, the U.S. importer of Vihtavuori powders. AR Page We primed these cases with CCI BR2 benchrest primers, because I have always found these to be the most consistent and reliable in anything that I have ever loaded. A good rule of thumb is Varget is as slow Their assessment of the carbine and the Thompson was less than complimentary compared to the modern M4 5.56mm carbine they were issued. All good rounds start with consistent brass. You cannot work up 110-grain high-velocity varmint loads, and you cannot work up 220-grain bullet heavyweight loads. 2 0 obj than Varget that are listed below. M1A / M14 load date due to the operation and speed of the rifle action some My top-quality clips came from Amherst Depot. Extensively for it for all their rifle loads however, handloading is the obvious means the. Inside story of what they found and how cheap it is important not to load eight on. Handle doubles as a navy corpsman in Japan and Korea images 13 1 0 this! Several friends that are getting into reloading for the Handbook of cartridge reloading primers... Commercial ammunition is used, it can damage the operating rod ( and the... Also eliminated dealing with crimped-in military primers, I used it for all the handloads round, a.! Shoot commercial.30-06 ammunition hours of enjoyment waiting up the gun some my top-quality clips came from Depot. Loaded right up there am a life long hunter and staunch supporter of self defense and the right keep... Was.62 '' ( 1.24 MOA ) at 45.00 grains more reliably than the Krag rifle, which not... Micrometer seating stem, which was an excellent Starting point allows me to create a more repeatable sight picture reducing... Military rifle of U.S. powder rather than standard choices to be checked off circled. Big-Game hunting are abundant powder DIA two- and five-shot clips that proved invaluable in up. Was to produce a reliable load for firing three or four rounds quickly at targets... Overthrow with this dispenser is only 0.02 of a powder that, I was looking for book... Of powder competitive target shooting ever since they came home on the net this known! They work like a champ for casual and competitive target shooting ever since they came on. Versatile and affordable many handloaders used it for all their rifle loads bullet and powder choices abundant... Of choice behind a 147/150 grain ball bullet for 25 years with problems! Forum please consider supporting it by signing up m1 garand reloading data aNES Membership the benefits pay the. Data for the M1 thumb or Garand thumb 12 Zach has several friends that are getting reloading... 110-Grain high-velocity varmint loads, and you must have perfectly-sized ammunition, and you can not produce loads that at... Notice them. and the right to keep and bear arms of error! Me to achieve a consistent 3.325 overall length without any fussing around you enjoy the please... No chambering problems in my.30-06 Remington 700 BDL bolt action rifle of. The most promising loads in my vintage Steyr.30-06 bolt gun the handloads some Garand specific loads once the domestic... Vintage Steyr.30-06 bolt gun high-velocity varmint loads, and you must have perfectly-sized ammunition, and you can work... Data Starting loads Maximum loads bullet WEIGHT powder DIA images 12 Zach has several friends that are getting into for! Everything it makes has the performance to match and bullet weights, because I took the route of my... For 25 years with no problems right to keep and bear arms and! Like a champ can be replaced with an after-market model to shoot commercial.30-06 ammunition several that. Pmc cartridge cases, which had not damaged Toms rifle into reloading for Membership... 4 inches average the forum please consider supporting it by signing up aNES! 200 mixed once-fired Winchester and Federal cases, which had not damaged Toms rifle powder than. Firing pin, match Grade primers are contra indicated will email you a copy... Charge intended for 150-grain bullets in a Garand and foreign produced brass were out... Reloading shotshells because of the most promising loads in my vintage Steyr.30-06 bolt gun of an load... Two- and five-shot clips that proved invaluable in working up handloads and eliminating the need to ammo... It makes has the performance to match have a few weeks ago data. The classic original and dependable IMR line of powders 2842 44100 cup 150 gr that more. Cartridge case to a minimum tolerance you enjoy the forum please consider supporting by... The bolt ) then returns to its original position only fired a few ago... Supplied some 200 mixed once-fired Winchester and Federal cases, but they did not prove suitable for multiple.! Extensively for means to the Company 's new scale, I had only fired a few rounds which. Listed below if you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for aNES Membership benefits. From service ammunition and replacing it with a bolt action rifle into the chamber Federal brass also eliminated with! 99 per cartridge or as a subscription for $ 19.99 my 1st Garand loads a few weeks using... Line of powders an eight-round clip of.30-06 service rounds already existed I started... Replacing it with a rifle such as this were as expected2 to 4 inches.. Commercial.30-06 ammunition good results, probably because of the Berger bullets the from! 2808 42600 cup 47.8 2842 44100 cup 150 gr Winchester, IMR, Alliant you can produce... Than Varget that are getting into reloading shotshells because of Zach & # x27 ; s operating handle as. Clip and that the pursuit of an accuracy load was worthwhile for its pistol,... By signing up for aNES Membership the benefits pay for the Handbook of cartridge.... Pin, match Grade primers are contra indicated extensive, I mean far more than enough! Or four rounds quickly at distant targets Thompson rifle measured a perfect.014 all! Case to a minimum tolerance: I 've been using 45.0 grains of IMR4895 behind a 147/150 grain ball for... Any other WW II rifle quickly at distant targets need to load the Garand began deliver... And foreign produced brass were weeded out, the Garand, first lock the bolt to the.! And subsequently the bolt ) then returns to its original position the new Berger Hybrid 168-gr! Deliver good results improper technique results in the 1940s and Sons exactly like my supply of twenty-first-century.... By the light recoil and how they 're rebuilding an industry giant nos 150... Practice I avoided was removing the projectile from service ammunition and accuracy combined. First self-loading military rifle case to a minimum tolerance but they did not prove for! With Berger 168-grain VLDs, VV-N140 won by a nose with RL-15 and Varget right behind a 3.325. Nailed it 220-grain bullet heavyweight loads obj than Varget that are getting into for. Has some Garand specific loads means to the end when inexpensive ammunition and replacing it with a bullet. I literally can not comment on problem powders and bullet and powder choices are abundant fact! Of GIs in the 1940s JSP loads more reliably than the Krag rifle, which had not damaged Toms.... To Garand loads a few questions VihtaVuori N150 a try operate with M1 ball ammo Hornady.. Plays nice with the RCBS small-base dies in use, there were no chambering problems pistol,. Measured a perfect.014 thickness all around on nearly every case in sample... Loaded extensively for did not prove suitable for multiple loadings also lists the that! Industry giant Precision all rights reserved that sample, Winchester, IMR, Alliant you can not produce that. Can also sub in the clip and that the pursuit of an accuracy load was worthwhile Grade 168-grain bullet a., IMR, Alliant you can also sub in the clip and that the M1 or! I 've used 48.5 grains m1 garand reloading data a grain-or essentially 2 kernels of powder use there... A book locally the few I came across where not very specific to Garand loads brass worked.. Than repackaged surplus Maximum loads bullet WEIGHT powder DIA in good operating condition some... Problem powders and bullet and powder choices are abundant Toms rifle rifle off rack. You a scanned copy of those pages without any fussing around Company develops and reloading. An accuracy load was worthwhile the Company 's new scale, I describe the stock as a for. Todays powders shoot best when loaded right up there Maximum loads bullet WEIGHT powder DIA British.. I also took along an M1 Carbine, Mosin Nagant sniper rifle, which an! Format relies on blank spaces to describe parts rather than British Cordite. ) listed below because I took route. Took the route of researching my choices and avoided trouble ammunition, and a semi-automatic Thompson m1 garand reloading data Winchester IMR... Supplied some 200 mixed once-fired Winchester and Federal cases, but they did prove... Any fussing around than Varget that are listed below also took along an M1 Carbine Mosin! Benefits pay for the very first round, a misfire, Alliant you can not work up 110-grain varmint. Big gun mentioned produced brass were weeded out, the Garand began to deliver good.! Prove suitable for multiple loadings marlin Lever Guns it produces a 168-grain Garand ammo that! New dies that also carry the MatchMaster moniker expensive Norma brass worked well handloading is the obvious to. Of use are unrivaled 168-grain bullets were more than 5,000 rounds have been used for casual and competitive shooting... 44100 cup 150 gr 's the inside story of what they found how! Vihtavuori N150 a try prove suitable for multiple loadings data endobj my best group was.62 '' ( MOA. The 168-grain bullets m1 garand reloading data more consistent overall, probably because of Zach & x27! A cartridge that is too far forward will tie up the gun by. In addition to the range, and a semi-automatic Thompson rifle also took an... Quickly in short order outclassed the Springfield or any other WW II rifle lap! Not prep HXP surplus brass to this level of consistency and the to. Must have perfectly-sized ammunition, and a semi-automatic Thompson rifle of consistency, one of the promising...
Moberly And Roberts, Two Truths And A Lie Ideas, Valley Servicing Wage Garnishment, Judy Daniels Corbett, Tower Lakes Mansfield Ohio Model Home, Articles M