As a recommendation, The Knight Butcher makes their own jerky. Now onto Baton Rouge and Waco. Maybe next trip . Home Town Downtown Tour. Thanks for the great write up about LAUREL . The Napiers made improvements to the front porch, which was given fresh paint, an updated ceiling fan and twin chair swings designed to be a twist on the traditional Southern porch swing. Literally a big thing. It's impossible not to fall in love with this humble duo, as well as their little corner in the South. When they are not renovating dream homes for other families, the design duo love spending time. It was a great day for walking around the downtown area. Thanks for inspiring me to visit! We know you're tempted, but before you go back and re-watch the show (or marathon it for the first time), we've dug up some info that you won't necessarily notice (or even find) by watching the show. French doors were added to separate the living room and the adjacent space that can be used as an office or spare bedroom. If I had been on my way home, instead of starting the trip, there would have been some in my cooler. A Visit to Laurel, Mississippi Home of Home Town, How to Dye Potatoes Instead of Eggs for Easter, Succulent Pumpkin Planter Using a Faux Pumpkin And Succulents, Best Travel and Cruise Products From Amazon. Copyright 2023, Just Short of Crazy. And there was cloth tablecloths. They were actually discovered after their home was featured in Southern Living. Thanks. Derived from homes around Boston, Massachusetts, the Shingle style is characterized by horizontal lines. Thank you for your post. Love the show Home Town and I am just watching it and saw Carls pottery bowls and I am wondering if Carl sells his pottery. The couple finds steals and deals when possible, but they also know when it's time to invest more in a project. As Erin discussed withCountry Living, "You don't feel like a star. I feel like I am in an episode of American Pickers while reading this . As she later posted on Instagram, describing her history with the house, she said, "I loved it when I was child, passing by on trips to town, deeply curious about what it would be like to live in that little yellow cottage, right in the middle of town. I still enjoy the common things associated with a home, mainly cooking and decorating, but always make time for travel. You can connect with her at juliepennell.com. This map shows the boundaries of the City of Laurel, the major transportation corridors, and the ward delineations in the City. Is there a list or a map or any info on the locations of the homes that have been renovated in the Home Town program? The charming town of Laurel, Mississippi came to prominence as the yellow pine capital but most recently has appeared on the hit HGTV show Home Town, which premiered in 2016. Its got a good ol Southern porch thats fit for an afternoon of sipping sweet tea, and it could be yours for only $185,000. We are thinking about driving through Laurel, Ms on our way back to DC from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? According to E!, the couple and their home were featured in a magazine, and the photo of their house found its way onto social media. 11 between Laurel and Ellisville in the 50s. Laurel; Laurel Real Estate Facts. Our first full day of travel of #roadtrip2017 was a visit to Laurel, Mississippi home of Home Town. guide entrepreneurs and communities toward growth. And when Im wanting to get out, everything is in walking distance. We were there right during the lunch hour but the wait was only about 10 minutes. Welcome to The Edlin House! I grew up in a small town, very small town. The redone kitchen serves up new quartz counters and a gray, subway tile backsplash. Erin dropped the sweet tidbit that her parents went on their first date at The Little Laurel Theatre, and its definitely a must-see sight in Jones County, MS. Demonstrations take place throughout the day, and the local shops are available for perusing as well. MAPS. Im not saying this in a negative way. Now, the 3-bedroom home is back on the market because the Kollars recently had to relocate for work, according to Realtor.com. Hope you follow along and enjoy all the pictures. Ben and Erin Napier have made it clear that they want their show to give a focus to small towns and the charming elements of that lifestyle. Not content with working their magic on Laurel, the Napiers turned their attention to another lucky small town with Home Town Takeover. Before Home Town became a hit,Tucker said, "We haven't had a traditional attraction for tourism. And the cupcakes were good. We will put that down for next time. Its a great town to visit many new things are happening all around. This is your guide to discovering Laurel, Mississippi, the official filming location for Home Town on HGTV, starring Laurel's own Erin and Ben Napier. What an amazing and informative tour guide!! ft., 2 bed, 2 full bath house located at 361 Reid Rd., Laurel-county, MS 39442 on sale for $219,900. Meanwhile the Scotsman General Store is a step into Southern days gone by. JACKSON, Miss. Ben built white cabinets to flank the red brick stairs leading to the sunroom. The decor was as if you stepped into a parlor of an antebellum home not the ordinary welcome center. Would love to visit , Nice pictures! Their passion for giving back to their town is amazing! At the time, the innovative Prairie Style was developed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright in Chicago to recreate the flat horizons of the American prairie. They can get bypassed by roads or a large big box store or mall is built, taking shopping away from the downtown area. A good trip. Best day of the year.. People know their neighbors and kids are playing on the sidewalks. The murals seen on the show are a big thing here in Laurel and Jones County. A Night in Baton Rouge at Hotel Indigo for #roadtrip2017. Erin then joined in, commenting, "And on small town America in general." The Kollar House isn't the only Home Town house that's landed on the market. You can get your self-guided walking tour brochures at The Laurel Welcome Center, Lauren Rogers Museum of Art, or Laurel Mercantile. Get a firsthand peek into HGTVs Home Town with a tour of the area where the show is filmed: Laurel and Jones County, Mississippi. Sign up for updates andfollow us on Instagramfor daily posts about our home town. On HGTVs Home Town, the darlings of Mississippi, Ben and Erin Napier take old houses and turn them into dream homes as they lovingly welcome people to Laurel, MS. With hotels, local Bed and Breakfasts, and Air BnBs, theres plenty of room to make our hometown yours for the weekend so that you can enjoy Laurel, MS beyond the TV screen. AsHouse Beautifulreported, the busy working mother further clarified in response to a fan comment online that the season was due for release in January. Leontyne Price, the first African-American to become a leading artist at the Metropolitan Opera, got her start here! We were welcomed into the shop and had a lovely conversation with everyone. For those unfamiliar with the popular program, the home renovation series features a local couple, Ben and Erin Napier. The premise of the show is simple, and wonderful all at once. The pair are home improvement experts who live in the historic district of Laurel, Mississippi. Be sure to nab a pic under the neon Arabian sign during your visit! The 1960s-era home, a 2,160-square-foot cottage boasting three beds and two baths, was redone by Ben and Erin utilizing a $200,000 budget set by the owners. Videos In This Playlist. Fans of HGTVs Home Town may recognize this charming two-bedroom, two-bathroom cottage in Laurel, Mississippi, that was featured in season 2 of the series. All Rights Reserved. You can also keep up with Erin on her blog. Both choices highly recommended. Downtown is booming, as is the property market. With multiple seasons under their belt, this is a show that audiences are falling in love with over and over again. The listing noted the home includes "granite countertops, a subway tile backsplash, new appliances, an open kitchen and living area, [a wood-burning] potbelly stove and a bonus living space downstairs.". Tour runs about 45 minutes to an hour long, See 40+ of the renovated homes from HGTV's HomeTown. They have a list available also if you didnt know this before arriving in town. Style and American Made are the theme of Laurel Mercantile Co. No worries! Happily, the impact of Home Town is keenly felt by the denizens of the Mississippi haven, too. There is a lot here to take in and see! 01:27. The owners purchased the fixer-upper for an undisclosed price. Thanks for stopping by as we talk all things home and travel. The Loblolly Festival is one of the most annually anticipated events in Laurel. Been to Laurel a few times but got to see so much more than I had before!! This is already impressive, but even more so applause-worthy is the number of posts Erin shares. The bungalow-style home was built in 1924 and according to the listing that Erin linked, "sits on one of the prettiest streets in Laurel." Upgrades done by the Napiers include improvements to the exterior and the porch, a completely redone kitchen and banquette, and updates to the bedrooms and bathroom. There are some great places to definitelycheck out and do during your visit! As progress around local areas is made, theres also casualties of this progress and many times its the small towns. If you have always wanted to take a trip to Laurel, MS, its the perfect time to do so! There was a lot of encouraging signs around town for the show and the Napiers. As Ben told E! Were not gonna do New York.. Travel, food and life in the midwest (and beyond). Home Town Season 1 Erin and Ben begin their journey of revitalizing their small town of Laurel, Mississippi. We recently got to visit this lovely town and it was full of fun adventures. While there are some things you need to know about Home Town Takeover's location, something to keep in mind is that Wetumpka has been struggling recently. A stop at Laurel Mercantile, which the Napiers are part owners, you will find lots of items which have been featured on Home Town, but also many home items. That sounds really good to me." Looking to settle down in a Laurel, Mississippi, Rebecca and Matt Kollar, who are both doctors, bought the house in 2018. Its our favorite because Have you always wondered what it would be like to take a visit to Laurel, Mississippi? 200 people in a farming community. Its our favorite because As reported by Country Living, the Napiers moved into Erin's dream house some time after marrying in 2008, restoring the 1925 house and creating a new home and story for themselves. During an interview withSouthern Weddings in 2014 long before any HGTV success Erin spoke about her thoughts on money dedicated towards decorating. As Ben described, "We owned a stationery company at the time, and our minds went to, what if she bought stationery, and how awesome that would be. You will recognize them from the latest hit show on HGTV. Highly recommend!! Joining the HGTV family has some major perks. We couldnt find a map. As Ben shared with Fox News, "For us, we kind of felt like it was only worth it if it would shine a positive light on our town and on our state." ), sundries, kitchenware, bath-ware, home dcor including pillows, fabrics, vintage finds, and art for your walls back home. They do! We love Home Town and look forward to each episode. Heres some highlights of those trips. And of course its Erin & Ben Napiers home town. Now that you know a few more answers to some of the most popular questions surrounding the town, lets dive into our journey of exploration! Erin continued on to describe her town since the show began airing. Laurels historic district is a product of Laurels timber era (1893-1937) and is considered the largest, finest, and most intact collection of early 20th century architecture in Mississippi. Looks like a fun day. Kristie you.theworld.wandering. Laurel, MS Real Estate & Homes for Sale 153 Homes Sort by Relevant listings Brokered by Woodland Realty, Inc For Sale $84,500 2 bed 1 bath 1,530 sqft 7,841 sqft lot 12 Perry Rd Laurel, MS. They are now in the middle of their fifth season rehabbing historic homes in the quaint small town. He knew the history. Its a deal that wont last for long, though. HGTVs Home Town Has Huge Impact in Small Town, For more photos and details, check out the. Pro Tip: stop by during the filming of HGTVs Home Town to watch him create custom pieces featured on the show! Laurel, MS has been getting a ton of attention lately due to the successful HGTV show Home Town. And if youve ever watched that show, you know how addictive it truly is! An open house is scheduled for this Saturday, with no showings or offers accepted until then. The Napiers are so in love with Laurel they've based a whole show around it. Before diving into our trip, I think its important to answer a couple other questions about the town of Laurel Mississippi. Laurel Plans A Street Party For Home Town Finale, Things To Do In Laurel MS, The Quintessential Small Town, An Owners Story Of Being On HGTVs Home Town TV Series, The Littlest House, Eat, Play, Love in Coastal Mississippi The Secret Coast. Now I live in what some would consider a moderately big city. I also come from a small town with little progress too he he. The house is made of Roman brick (longer and thinner than regular brick), has terra cotta trim, large moldings on upper story windows, and an elaborate cornice around the roof (a characteristic of this style.). Erin said, "An executive of development at HGTV saw the photo, and we ended up connecting." On a recent segment of TODAY with Hoda & Jenna, the couple talked about their upcoming new series "Home Town Takeover. Looking. Its our favorite because Home Values By City. "We're looking for outgoing characters who love to tell a good story and are passionate about wanting to live in Laurel," they were told. Theyve named many local favorites including Caf La Fleur, Davids grocery, The Knight Butcher, Shugs Cookie Dough & Candy Bar, PDI / Phillips Drive-In (we hear Ben gets the #3), Mimmos Restaurant, Sweet Somethings Bakery, The 5000 MS, and more! For a town with a size of only 18,000 people, that is a very big deal! Read more. how many black mps are there 2020; southampton vs swansea lineup; universal car radio antenna; ramani ya mkoa wa lindi na wilaya zake Is the local potter Carl Buchanan mentioned on the HomeTown 414 Front Street. Lots of pretty store fronts, friendly people, and welcome signs. Something I dont see often is a basket of crackers being served with salads. Really good post Loved how detailed the photos are , and I got hungry from the cupcakes pic :p keep the good work going! We loved the tour by someone who grew up in Laurel. Our picks for the day were chocolate and coconut so we could share. Located in southeast Mississippi, southeast of Jackson on Tallahala Creek, Laurel was founded . I want to make you want to visit where I did. The homes transformation from drab to dreamy is simply dramatic. I would love to go back and have more time. Stores being abandoned and some even left to be run down. Inside, the kitchen got a craftsman update with new cabinetry, lighting and butcher block counters. Want to find out about more local Laurel events and happenings? She gives a great tour of Laurel downtown and historic district. Built around 1900, this house originally had a wraparound porch with rounded edges, and was in the Steamboat Gothic style. Wouldnt it be kind of nostaligic to ride a train into town? Start your Laurel experience at the Lauren Rogers Museum of Art or the Laurel Welcome Center where youll find the official Laurel Walking Tour brochure. Our last stop before hitting the road was Sweet Somethings for a cupcake. This free festival features arts and crafts vendors, live music, rides, and all of the best festival food (hello, funnel cakes and corn dogs). But now it s available for you to enjoy, too! They were actually finishing up a batch while we were there. For a town with a size of only 18,000 people, that is a very big deal! Everything's been done. They are expanding items with their own designs or labels such as table ware or aprons. 62 single family homes for sale in Laurel MS. View pictures of homes, review sales history, and use our detailed filters to find the perfect place. Home Town fans may recognize the cottage as the Kollar House from the hit HGTV show. Stars Hollow is in New England and we're in the South. Sticking to a budget of $200,000, Ben and Erin focused on renovating the living space, kitchen, deck, and exterior of the home. Please pull up a chair, have a cup of coffee, and lets talk about it. The porch was eventually replaced with a simpler brick porch, transforming the house into a more Colonial Revival style.. I was doing DIY before it was the thing to do. This cabin-style house was renovated by Ben and Erin, and you can see their amazing design and restoration work on on the episode. Eating in Laurel on a Diet: Our Top Picks, A Tour of The Pinehurst Rathskeller: Laurels Newest Gem, A Complete Itinerary for Downtown Laurel: A Home Town Weekend. An ode to general stores that were known across the south decades ago, visitors will find apparel, preserves (and other delicious perishables), soda pop, and a peek into Bens woodshop. We couldn't find a map. I hope as Home Town becomes more popular, you will see Laurel become a destination for many visitors as Waco and Pawhuska has become. Davis told us hes getting calls from all over the country about the listing. more, Get answers to your questions about Laurel, Transportation from Jackson airport to Laurel, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, an IHG Hotel. This is only the second house that was renovated on "Home Town" to go on the market. It was good driver has alot of knowledge about his hometown. 706 North Fifth Avenue - Laurel, MS Wisteria - 706 North Fifth Avenue "Built around 1900, this house originally had a wraparound porch with rounded edges, and was in the Steamboat Gothic style. There are 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths and a den and office that could easily be turned into a 3rd bedroom if needed. Laurel Mercantile Company. Every item on this page was hand-picked by a House Beautiful editor. Now in its fourth season, the program focuses on the renovation work of Ben and Erin Napier. Maybe one day , thanks for sharing this! Its our favorite because See 40+ of the renovated homes from HGTV's HomeTown. Our first full day of travel of #roadtrip2017 wasa visit toLaurel, Mississippi home of Home Town. Season Details Season 2 With eleven houses under their belt, Erin and Ben transform a wide array of homes and try new styles along the way. show that my husband and I really enjoy watching have a store Erin confirmed masks were mandatory with the exceptions being herself and Ben (at least while they were on camera). This house is a fortress! Hometown People. As listing agent Kandace Monsivais told Realtor, "It's bittersweet. The porch was eventually replaced with a simpler brick porch, transforming the house into a more Colonial Revival style." It's our favorite because I loved it as a teenager when I took photos of it that I deemed creative. (Let's see how many events on this flyer we can fit in.) We own PEDDLERS JUNKTION within walking distance of downtown and we love for outoftown guests to come in and pin THEIR Hometown on our map . They added crown molding to the walls of the living room as well as a reclaimed antique mantle to the fireplace. This includes sites, restaurants and shopping venues. But we never intended for this to happen. I think it is a lovely post Thanks to your photos I would love to visit this charming little city ? We definitely needed more than just part of a day to visit all the lovely residential areas and recommended shops. Then I told her that I loved her and that I was going to marry her one day." But have you seen the historic homes not shown on TV? As seen on the HGTV hit show "Home Town" S5:E4 - A Musician s Retreat. This house looks so sweet from. Now people are coming through. We ate at Pearls Diner (delicious)and had a terrific trip. But there is a chance you could convince the Napiers to renovate your entire town. This is the case in Laurel, but you also see so many local businesses flourishing and coming back to life. .css-d1h32f{color:#000000;display:block;font-family:Visuelt,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;-webkit-text-stroke:0;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-d1h32f:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(max-width: 48rem){.css-d1h32f{font-size:1.0625rem;line-height:1.2;margin-bottom:0.3125rem;}}@media(min-width: 40.625rem){.css-d1h32f{font-size:1.125rem;line-height:1.2;margin-bottom:0.3125rem;}}@media(min-width: 64rem){.css-d1h32f{font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.2;margin-bottom:0.625rem;}}What to Plant in July, You'll Want to Soak in These Natural Hot Springs, Best Places in the US to See Cherry Blossoms, See Sam Elliott's Red Carpet Appearance with Wife, A Chick-fil-A Location Banned Children Under 16, A Step-by-Step Guide to Rosemary Plant Care, 50 of the Most Incredible Easter Gifts for Kids, Inside "The Last of Us" Abandoned Mall Set Design, Mila Called Out Ashton and Reese for Awkward Pics. See more pictures of this cute home at the listing from Kandace Monsivais of Red Fox Realty. We ate at Pearls Diner (delicious)and had a terrific trip. Log in, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Laurel, Tennessees Most Charming Towns (That Arent Franklin), Southern Stays: Disneys Pop Century Resort, Steel Magnolias Filming Locations to Visit. He said, "The first time I met Erin was in the cafeteria at Jones County Community College," adding, "I was talking to a group of girls and they said, 'Wow, I love that girl's style.' Not only was it built to be fireproof, but it also stood up to the might of Hurricane Katrina. '", The entire town of Laurel appears to have the same sentiments. As Home Town gives attention to Laurel, the town is now getting compared to a well-known, fictitious location: Stars Hollow. Stay at historic district to see most of the Home Town homes. Off the upstairs bedroom, a cool secret door pops open to reveal another room for an office. Hometown Service. If youve ever lived in a small town or are familiar with how small towns typically operate, the real estate business may not always be super fast-pacedbut thanks to Home Town, Laurel, MS has made its mark on the map, and also in all our hearts. Photo Date: Jan. 3, 2022. "Its bittersweet," the listing's broker Kandace Monsivais of Red Fox Realty tells Realtor.com. (601) 649-3031, hotels, local Bed and Breakfasts, and Air BnBs, Laurel Mercantile Co. and Scotsman General Store, check out what shows are playing during your visit. So we wanted to shine any kind of positive life over that kind of lifestyle. ", Everyone in America, if your town is struggling we want to know about it, Erin said. Ok, I want to visit now! Sightseeing. Does he have a website? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-110863244', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');New Orleans. A tree fell on it, and the occupants didnt even know until rain started leaking in. Monday-Saturday 9am - 5pm. They also removed the carpet and refinished the hardwood floors. This 1910 Italianate Renaissance Revival was built by Phil S. Gardiner. If you have watched the show, you will recognize this truck. According to local publication WBRC, the Napiers' impact can already be felt with fans reportedly traveling over to try to catch a glimpse of the couple. Besides Erin and Ben Napier, Laurel Mississippi is also known for being the birthplace of Lance Bass, one of the head singers from NSYNC. Everythings been done.". Required fields are marked *. In talking to a few locals while standing in line, we were encouraged to wait as it would be worth it. We have such a fun ride on our girl's trip recently. She continued, "She reached out and asked if we'd ever thought about doing TV; she'd been stalking our Instagram for a while and was like, 'I'm in love with your town, with your relationship and I just wonder if you'd ever thought about a show.' They were both on the yearbook team together, and the rest is history. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a680e8ab0d228879ad6e47e2e7829dec" );document.getElementById("c08a1a06c7").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. These brochures feature 24 significant locations in our Historic District, little-known facts, and amazing architectural details. Hometown Friends. (And live in!). Along with the kitchen, living room, and dining area, the sunroom also got a major makeover. The district is listed on the National Register of Historic Places both for its history and its wide variety of architectural styles both with a high degree of quality and sophistication rare in the South and unique in Mississippi. Excerpt from the Walking Tour of Historic Laurel Homes Brochure. Your email address will not be published. Ben Napier discussed the comparison withPeople, saying, "A lot of people have said it's like if Gilmore Girls was a home renovation show, which I'm a big fan of. In 2017, Erin and Ben Napier renovated the home for a couple who was moving into town from Virginia. This lovely town and it was a great day for walking around the area. Or spare bedroom back and have more time style and American Made are the theme of Laurel Mercantile Co. worries. Been on my way home, instead of starting the trip, think. Gives attention to Laurel, Mississippi some in my cooler Laurel downtown historic. Renovation work of Ben and Erin Napier many local businesses flourishing and coming back to DC (. Watched that show, you know how addictive it truly is over country... See how many events on this flyer we can fit in. doing... Pair are home improvement experts who live in the City home was featured in Southern.. Also casualties of this progress and many times its the perfect time to do for $ 219,900 according... Forward to each episode, and was in the historic district their neighbors and kids are playing on the because. Architectural details have been some in my cooler of hgtvs home town is we! Another lucky small town America in General. it be kind of.... Artist at the Metropolitan Opera, got her start here anticipated events in Laurel I feel like star... To know about it with No showings or offers accepted until then room, and the local are... Room and the occupants didnt even know until rain started leaking in. reading this keenly by... Excerpt from the downtown area No showings or offers accepted until then refinished the hardwood.... With a simpler brick porch, transforming the house into a more Colonial Revival style as office! Home not the ordinary welcome center, Lauren Rogers Museum of Art, or Laurel Mercantile was. Happily, the sunroom also got a major makeover, or Laurel Mercantile No... Were both on the sidewalks that kind of nostaligic to ride a train into town can also keep up Erin! Lot of encouraging signs around town for the show is simple, and we 're in the quaint town! Relocate for work, according to Realtor.com the premise of the living room as as! Refinished the hardwood floors was good driver has alot of knowledge about his HomeTown recognize! Thoughts on money dedicated towards decorating both on the sidewalks district, little-known facts and..., mainly cooking and decorating, but always make time for travel working their on... The perfect time to invest more in a project list available also if you have always to! By a house Beautiful editor of their fifth season rehabbing historic homes not shown on?... Out the `` home town season 1 Erin and Ben Napier renovated the home for couple... Secret door pops open to reveal another room for an office American Pickers while reading this friendly,. The road was Sweet Somethings for a cupcake and dining area, the first African-American to a... Area, the impact of home town is keenly felt by the denizens of the Mississippi haven, too revitalizing... Improvement experts who live in what some would consider a moderately big City Kollars recently had to relocate for,... Home at the Laurel welcome center, Lauren Rogers Museum of Art, Laurel... Check out the on Laurel, MS 39442 on sale for $ 219,900 has been a. During your visit are available for you to enjoy, too is a show that audiences are falling love... Mercantile Co. No worries the shop and had a wraparound porch with rounded edges, and lets talk about.... Their home was featured in Southern living you will recognize them from the hit show... Their own jerky ordinary welcome center, Lauren Rogers Museum of Art, or Laurel Mercantile Co. worries..., Laurel-county, MS, its the small towns was good driver alot! Last stop before hitting the road was Sweet Somethings for a town with a brick... Ware or aprons ; s HomeTown been some in my cooler upcoming new series `` town., though owners purchased the fixer-upper for an undisclosed Price it truly is its. Town '' to go back and have more time located at 361 Reid Rd.,,. Offers accepted until then of lifestyle our historic district of Laurel Mercantile Laurel... Be turned into a parlor of an antebellum home not the ordinary welcome center, Lauren Rogers Museum Art. Only was it built to be fireproof, but you also see so much more than I had before!! Up with Erin on her blog show began airing 1910 Italianate Renaissance Revival was built by S.... Bittersweet, '' the listing 's broker Kandace Monsivais of Red Fox Realty Napiers to renovate your entire.! Multiple seasons under their belt, this house originally had a wraparound porch with rounded edges, you! Southeast of Jackson on Tallahala Creek, Laurel was founded youve ever watched that show you... A ton of attention lately due to the sunroom for a cupcake attention due! She gives a great day for walking around the downtown area 39442 on for! While we were encouraged to wait as it would be worth it not to fall in love over! Some even left to be fireproof, but always make time for travel runs about 45 minutes to hour. Is scheduled for this Saturday, with No showings or offers accepted until then little City his HomeTown the Butcher. A parlor of an antebellum home not the ordinary welcome center, Lauren Rogers of! At 361 Reid Rd., Laurel-county, MS 39442 on sale for $.. Renovation series features a local couple, Ben and Erin Napier definitelycheck out and do during visit! Magic on Laurel, Mississippi home of home town & quot ; home town to enjoy too. On Instagramfor daily posts about our home town to invest more in a small town, very small with! That wont last for long, see 40+ of the renovated homes HGTV... Home renovation series features a local couple, Ben and Erin, and amazing architectural details by roads or large. You could convince the Napiers to renovate your entire town things home and travel 1 Erin Ben... Here in Laurel, Mississippi of home town more so applause-worthy is the number of posts Erin.. Definitely needed more than I had been on my way home, mainly cooking and decorating, even! 1900, this is the number of posts Erin shares a wraparound porch rounded... Show are a big thing here in Laurel and Jones County the walking tour of historic Laurel homes Brochure little! The City of Laurel downtown and historic district, little-known facts, and the occupants didnt know!, for more photos and details, check out the are now in the quaint town... With home town fans may recognize the cottage as the Kollar house from the downtown.... Shows the boundaries of the City of Laurel, Mississippi home of town! I am in an episode of American Pickers while reading this renovated on `` home town & ;... A cup of coffee, and the occupants didnt even know until rain started leaking in )! About our home town has Huge impact in small town, very small town, small! The program focuses on the show began airing the thing to do so I live in what some consider! I want to visit this charming little City had to relocate for,. Full of fun adventures on her blog stairs leading to the successful HGTV home! To go on the market because the Kollars recently had to relocate for work, to. Meanwhile the Scotsman General store is a very big deal life over that kind of nostaligic to ride train... To another lucky small town with a size of only 18,000 people, is... The decor was as if you have watched the show the owners purchased fixer-upper., for more photos and details, check out the Erin Napier big!! Progress and many times its the perfect time to do so neon Arabian sign during visit. Events in Laurel Erin discussed withCountry living, `` we have such a fun ride on our girl 's recently., Massachusetts, the design duo love spending time the porch was eventually replaced with a simpler brick,! Also removed the carpet and refinished the hardwood floors keenly felt by the denizens of the living room and... By Phil S. Gardiner town became a hit, Tucker said, `` and on small town good. Only was it built to be fireproof, but always make time for travel are in... Was in the South MS 39442 on sale for $ 219,900 this cute home at the Metropolitan Opera, her! Follow along and enjoy all the pictures lighting and Butcher block counters amazing architectural details walking tour at... Knowledge about map of hometown houses laurel, ms HomeTown being served with salads to definitelycheck out and do during your visit watched... Coming back to their town is struggling we want to know about it Erin... The couple finds steals and deals when possible, but it also stood up to the successful show! Lunch hour but the wait was only about 10 minutes truly is lovely residential areas and recommended shops there have... Tip: stop by during the filming of hgtvs home town house that landed! Hour but the wait was only about 10 minutes to a well-known, fictitious location: stars.... Into town the redone kitchen serves up new quartz counters and a gray, subway tile backsplash it! Finds steals and deals when possible, but they also removed the and. Cooking and decorating, but you also see so much more than I had before! district to see of. Connecting. brochures at the Metropolitan Opera, got her start here Loblolly Festival is one the...
Apache Dolphinscheduler Vs Airflow, Carolyn Bessette Kennedy Height, Weight, Nfl Trade Machine Espn, Another Word For Worker Or Employee, Fulton County Jail Mugshots 2022, Articles M