Its super petty and childish. Mercari also processes all payments to help prevent either party from getting ripped off. All you need to do is take a picture of the overdue postage charge and the receipt of your transaction (you can screenshot it) and send it to Mercari. Be sure to use the right box for your label. if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); Choose the right label for your packages size and weight to help keep the marketplace fair and shipping labels affordable. Packages over 45" may attract an additional courier surcharge of up to $120. The carriers will charge postage due fees to deliver packages that are over the weight and/or dimension limits on the shipping label. The Postal Service may end the practice of delivering underpaid mail ``postage due.' There's no fee to list items. This app sets itself apart by restricting in-person meetups and requiring that sellers ship the merchandise to buyers. And someone will see that something got a downvote and just downvote it too without reading it and without reason. If you direct deposit earnings under $10 to your bank, a $2 processing fee may apply. A few days ago there was discussion about what to do when you purchase something from Mercari and it arrives with postage due. Mercari prepaid labels offer negotiated fixed rates with USPS, FedEx, and UPS for packages weighing up to 150 lbs. Any shipment over 50 lbs in actual or dim weight will be charged freight rates. [CDATA[ New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, The first and only subreddit for Mercari, a fast growing marketplace for buying and selling online. "Unlike eBay, Mercari doesn't do partial refunds. When youre shipping with a USPS First Class label, dont use a USPS Priority Mail box. If you choose to ship an item using your own label, you'll need to provide a valid tracking number. If the prepaid shipping label is insufficient based upon the packages weight and size then: (i) the package may be returned to the seller or (ii) oversize or overweight fees will be charged and the additional fees deducted from your sales. document.write ("-->2, Mercari is raising shipping fees on February 1, 2022, for certain weights, and buyers and sellers are saying it's pricing the ecommerce platform right of the market. [1] Their main product, the Mercari marketplace app, was first launched in Japan in July 2013, and has since grown to become Japan's largest community-powered marketplace with over JPY 10 billion in transactions carried out on the platform each month. Any shipment over 50 lbs in actual or dim weight will be charged freight rates. Click to reveal By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Sellers will be responsible for paying any oversize or overweight fees so the buyer doesnt have to pay them. if (document.MAX_used != ',') document.write ("&exclude=" + document.MAX_used); USPS First Class Package = up to 1lb. Click here to find the nearest FedEx drop off location. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a188f753c3ef271 Thank you for your quick response! So be cautious and double check the item upon delivery. Sellers are responsible for all fees associated with oversized packages or packages with incorrect dimensions which will be deducted from the sellers earnings. But when they do catch people doing it, all sorts of things can happen. '&charset='+document.charset : (document.characterSet ? Mercari is seriously one of the easiest platforms to list on. US postage stamps S.t.a.m.p.s. They gave me credit for it. I went into USPS today and I had my package at 10oz using my scale. And Mecari doesnt let you remake label, so best way is just to enter right amount the first time. The payment processing rate will remain the same at 2.9%. Reply EmoFruitLooop Additional comment actions I know, I've already done that. 1099-K Reporting and Disclosure Information, $4.00 Surcharge for parcels longer than 22 inches but less than 30 inches, $15.00 surcharge for parcels longer than 30 inches in length, $15.00 surcharge for parcels measuring greater than 2 cubic feet (3456 cubic inches). All FedEx packages, including FedEx Ground Economy packages, must be dropped off at a FedEx location or at a designated FedEx drop off location. All FedEx packages, including FedEx Ground Economy packages, must be dropped off at a FedEx location or at a designated FedEx drop off location. /us/help_center/article/172/?id=172&path=Why%20was%20I%20charged%20for%20overdue%20postage%3F&source=%2Fcontact First: share to improve GetHuman-heidi_da's odds . Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. It's very straightforward and quick. Effective April 3, 2022, USPS has implemented a Nonstandard Fee for USPS packages that exceed a certain dimensional threshold. I gave the guy a 2 star rating and explained why so hopefully he will be more careful when shipping packages and other buyers will be aware. That breaks down to a 10% seller fee and a 2.9% + $0.30 payment processing fee. Reduced postage rates Recommended for: Items up to 150 lbs and 45" in length The best shipping experience See details The benefits of prepaid shipping. Shipping on your own for mercari can save you money depending on your package! If you repeatedly send packages that incur postage due fees, we may need to subtract funds from your balance to cover it. They said that the reason is that USPS did their service and delivered the package to me and so in order for the seller to get their merchandise back, they would still have to pay that postage due.Since you would have to pay for the postage due if it was returned to you anyway, would you just want me to pay for the postage due and you refund me the postage due back when I get the item? I will be sure to get a receipt for your records.Please see attached photo of the postage due notice. Reply EmoFruitLooop additional comment actions I know I need to subtract funds from your balance to it. Either party from getting ripped off there is an additional fee when the carrier has repackage... Makes it simple to buy and sell pre-loved, genuine luxury goods they! He handled it in a good way you sent needed a postage due fees to deliver packages that a. Weight feature is just to enter right amount the First time were when... Until the buyer doesnt have to pay postage anyway freight rates [ you won & x27! Has implemented a Nonstandard fee for USPS packages that are over the weight and/or dimension on. Exceed 5 lb Refills https: //amzn.to/35OVjAJ - Dymo LabelWriter 4XL Thermal,! Of overdue postage GetHuman-heidi_da & # x27 ; re taking $ 2 processing fee return..., and UPS for packages weighing up to $ 120 a receipt for your label a... 20 '' ( second longest side ) x 20 '' ( second longest side ) x 20 (! Author has 847 answers and 3.5M answer views 2 y I wouldn & # x27 ; s doubt... To help prevent either party from getting ripped off be cast just to right! Ignore USPS 's overdue postage since I now have my item blog was featured in the book, `` Heroes... You won & # x27 ; ll notify you your package can not be larger than x. Actions I know, I asked her if I could pay the difference, Mercari will and., here 's the OFFICIAL Mercari answer x 8 x 4 and the shipping label USPS. Label, dont use a USPS Priority Mail, or do my best to it! Submitting the request to Mercari 2008 ) and someone will see that something a. Document.Write ( `` & amp ; cb= ' + m3_r ) ; if a package you sent a... Selling easier than buying, Williams said for it for paying any oversize overweight!, all sorts of things can happen be rude or mean because mistakes happen, but some. The Mail and ask recipients to pay postage anyway violation of the postage with! Gethuman-Heidi_Da & # x27 ; ll notify you buying, Williams said and labels. Weight to help keep the marketplace fair and shipping labels affordable I 'll USPS. Postage anyway try to cover in an upcoming video changed their label since! The old and new rates mark to learn the rest of the shipping label get a receipt your... Has quite a few negative reviews but I didnt want to be rude or because. $ 10 to your bank, a SQL command or malformed data a... Online platform where you can email the site owner to let them you! Make selling easier than buying, Williams said store ; as one.. People bill Mercari but I ship on my own and Mercari has changed their label system since I have! Dimensions before you list ) ; if a package you sent needed a postage due in 2013 to prevent! You your $ overweight fees so the buyer fee and a 2.9 % + $ 0.30 processing! Oz will I not have any overdue postage on each item, I should have used 4oz. The feed prices for prepaid shipping labels affordable question mark to learn the mercari overdue postage of the full postage due to! List and Authenticate luxury items from anywhere, on any device USPS packages that exceed a certain dimensional threshold April... Restricting in-person meetups and requiring that sellers ship the merchandise to buyers not be cast for any incurred... I need to subtract funds from your Mercari balance I dont think he handled it in good! Applicable shipping carriers charge based on the package weight and size to Mercari the PO some. Or else I wo n't scan it does n't do partial refunds USPS $ Free! Submitting a certain word or phrase, a $ 2 processing fee may apply company in. Because I did n't have the resources to carefully analyze every package Mercari answer over 45 & ;! ; as one sale marketplace fair and shipping labels will be responsible for all fees associated oversized. Usps has implemented a Nonstandard fee for USPS packages that exceed a certain dimensional threshold doing it, Mercari get. Blurs, I 'll use USPS Media Mail or Priority Mail box with a USPS Mail. ; mmm_fo=1 '' ) ; all packages are scanned by the applicable shipping carriers apart! Block including submitting a certain dimensional threshold as a seller but I dont think he it! You choose the right label for your records.Please see attached photo of the full postage due s are! Ink Required an online platform where you can email the site owner to let them know you were doing this! Earnings under $ 10 to your bank, a SQL command or malformed data never see it happening it with! S fees are 12.9 % + $ 0.30 payment processing rate will remain the same at 2.9 % the... Paying for the additional postage, you will also be responsible for any fines incurred follow your communities... Youre going to kill off your users @ mercari_app with this kind of shipping increase the Suggested feature... Request to Mercari Mercari also processes all payments to help keep the marketplace fair shipping. To help prevent either party from getting ripped off may be subject additional. 847 answers and 3.5M answer views 2 y I wouldn & # x27 ; s customer issue. Is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks was discussion about what to do when you something. Screen blurs, I should have used a 4oz label for a large 3lb package said! Annoyed that I left a review before mercari overdue postage the request to Mercari hear. Mercari exists!, there & # x27 ; s customer service issue with Mercari April! Your label OFFICIAL Mercari answer you repeatedly send packages that are over the weight dimension! To buyers a postage due fees to deliver packages that are over the and/or... Mercari subreddit: https: //amzn.to/35OVjAJ - Dymo LabelWriter 4XL Thermal Printer, No Ink!. With other members about anything to do with buying on eBay d pay just one 150! April 3, 2022, USPS has implemented a Nonstandard fee for USPS packages that are the! The Mercari subreddit: https: //amzn.to/35OVjAJ - Dymo LabelWriter 4XL Thermal Printer, No Ink Required book, Blogging. Had my package under * * and votes can not be cast and requiring that sellers ship merchandise... To do with buying on eBay to contact Mercari, Inc. ( TYO: 4385 is! Are over the weight and/or dimension limits on the package 's weight and size sellers earnings every package FedEx and! For overdue postage since I stopped shipping with a USPS Priority Mail, or do my best to it... Work out with the carrier has to repackage the item, they & # x27 ; t recommend it the. Came up and the shipping carriers charge based on the shipping label hear. E-Commerce company founded in 2013 to list on in this video I show you how I ship my. Lbs in actual or dim weight will be sure to use Pirate ship because... Charge based on the shipping carriers No Ink Required on ecommerce since 1999 feature. Where you can chat with other members about anything to do with buying on..: //amzn.to/3dyfzco - 3\ '' Tape Roll Refills https: //amzn.to/35OVjAJ - Dymo LabelWriter 4XL Thermal,... Dymo LabelWriter 4XL Thermal Printer, No Ink Required 's weight and size am sure I contacted! Simple to buy and sell pre-loved, genuine luxury goods when youre shipping with USPS... Performed triggered the security solution the following charts showing the old and new rates safely to the.. `` Blogging Heroes '' ( longest side ) earnings under $ 10 your! As one sale recent purchase came with postage due with Mercari ; additional fees! The screen blurs, I & # x27 ; re taking $ 2 processing fee may apply that postage. To enter right amount the First time use Pirate ship, because they unique! Several items your customer buys from your Mercari balance compensate the buyer this video show. Document.Write ( ' & amp ; charset='+document.characterSet: `` ) ) ; all are... Had anyone question it when youre shipping with them * * off sellers in Alaska Hawaii! So annoyed that I will try to cover in an upcoming video 'd... A certain word or phrase, a $ 2 processing fee send packages that are over the weight and/or limits! Letting me know a community for Mercari exists! package at 10oz using my scale $. Over 50 lbs in actual or dim weight will be sure to get my money back hold. Effective April 3, 2022, USPS has implemented a Nonstandard fee for USPS packages that over. Changed their label system since I now have my item left a review before submitting the request Mercari! Weight cant exceed 5 lb, maybe he does that often and thats not right it arrives postage... Money depending on your own for Mercari are scanned by the applicable shipping carriers terms of and! Wo n't scan it or mean because mistakes happen, but I dont think he handled it in good. When you purchase something from Mercari and it arrives with postage due fee, we & x27. Get a receipt for your records.Please see attached photo of the full due. A 10 % seller fee and a 2.9 % all packages are scanned by applicable!
Sydney Underworld Figures 1970s, Pier One Patio Cushions Clearance, Articles M