All orders will be processed after that date and should be ready during the week of December 6. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Horvath: There are a variety of challenges that, I believe, all public schools face, and Mona Shores is no exception. The Fiddlers take the stage at the 2021 Sparta Celtic Fest this Saturday at Noon. Mona Shores is lucky to be in a somewhat wealthy community. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Ty'Veonna Davis led the Big Reds scoring attack with a game-high 19 points while Bre'asia Gamble-Jones tossed in nine points. We need to make sure every tax dollar that the school takes in is spent appropriately and properly, and that money gets into the right hands, and spent on the right things. After the Homecoming Parade the Fiddlers performed at the Annual Tailgate Party. Please be aware that our district has no control over the commercial alumni website. Welcome to the Mona Shores Bands Website! The Muskegon Channel has made available a replay of this years Singing Christmas Tree for a limited time. Michigan State Links State of Michigan Transparency Report, Budget and Salary Compensation Visit the Michigan School Data Dashboard Welcome to Mona Shores enrollment job openings They are not shy about sharing their feelings! Check it out on our new MSHSAlumniBand YouTube Channel. Her love of marching band and Mona Shores, her commitment to the preservation of the rich history of MSMB and MSAB, will always be remembered. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. She has five children with her husband, Bill, according to the Mona Shores website. Attendees of the tailgate were able to enjoy a very tasty meal provided by Texas Roadhouse where aportion of the proceeds will be going to 1997 graduate Eric Westoverwho was seriously injured in an accident this summer. The school was the focus of a storm of attention last fall after officials there discarded ballots on which students had voted for student Oak Reed as homecoming king. Respect for differing opinions is unfortunately problematic national wide. Teachers and staff are underpaid, which is why all six years that I have been on the board we have successfully pushed for a wage increase for ALL staff, while also being financially responsible with our budget and putting money in the rainy day fund. The home for everything about the band program at Mona Shores Public Schools. Here are some pictures from last nights Spooktacular Concert. Please respect my words, for I have thought about them for a while, Reed wrote. Come on over after the Homecoming Parade for some good food and good music. I love the Mona Shores community, and I love the people who make it so special. They have really tired to make the best of the situation.. Our Facebook page contains a fuller account of my positions, views, and background : Keessen Cooper-Kuiper for the Mona Shores Board. Here is some background information provided by five of the six candidates seeking election to the Mona Shores school board, which serves roughly 3,800 students in the district. He has kids who attend Mona Shores and has played an active role coaching basketball, baseball, softball and hockey. As a result, I am at sporting events, teacher conferences, field trips, and other school functions. Community members gathered in their driveways with posters and decorated cars to show their support for the graduating seniors. Check out our Facebook page for many more pictures and few videos of the final performances. Thank you to the Muskegon Channel for all your hard work to make this an amazing online presentation and availability to share with the world. Muskegon had an 11-8 scoring advantage in the third and 9-6 in the fourth. It asks that the momentum gained by the controversy move toward a push for rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students and away from the homecoming situation., I want everyone to know from me that I did not do this for attention or what they say 5 minutes of fame, Reed wrote. The MonaShores Alumni Band serves as a goodwill ambassador for Mona Shores Schools. Did you know that the Mona Shores Alumni Band has a Facebook Group? Dont miss the Fiddlers on Nov. 14 at the 14th Annual Fiddle Fest with special guests AnDro. Kids need support more than ever. Each candidate was asked to outline their stances on a variety of public policy issues listed below. I keep the needs of our students in mind for every decision. Be sure to see the Mona Shores Fiddlers, Saturday, August 13th, 11am, on stage at the The Sparta Celtic Festival.. Budget constraints, a global pandemic and helping oversee a 93 million dollar bond are just a few. Tune in to the show by following this link: Mona Shores Fiddle Festival March 2021. Inspiring excellence, building character, and impacting the future through academics, arts, and athleticsMona Shores! I think that parental input is very valuable, so, being able to find a happy-medium with input from the School board, teachers, and administrators, and parents I believe is a challenge, but it is more than necessary to figure out how everyone can work together for the best of the students. Chambers, Jen Hall, BillJohnson, Gary Sundman, JanCooper, PattyHapinston, LeaMiller, EdWhite, ElaineGalloway, PatHarris, RogerMoore, Sue (Cox)Garner, KatherineHerington, BillPerez, CamillaContact information: Steve Anderson -Email Steve Anderson. Under federal law, housing and employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity is unlawful. Mona Shores Superintendent Terry Babbitt said the school district strives to meet individual student needs., The school district in particular the high school, that deals with more young adult issues has a rich history of providing a caring, nurturing and accepting environment, Babbitt said. MONA SHORES HS, 1121 SEMINOLE RD MUSKEGON, MI 49441. officials there discarded ballots on which students had voted for student Oak Reed as homecoming king. The response from these surveys has been instrumental in obtaining the pulse of our community and helping our districts understand our strengths and weaknesses. On Wednesday, March 31, at 7 PM, the Mona Shores Fiddlers and Middle Fiddles will perform for a limited in person audience of families and friends. I have witnessed multiple parents with worries important to them, being ignored and treated like they are just a bother to the school. Among the accommodations the school district has made, according to the letter, were allowing Reed to wear the tuxedo worn by male students for band performances and a navy blue cap and gown for graduation, also worn by boys. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. Cooper-Kuiper: I am always available via email or phone with any constituent. Im involved in coaching basketball, baseball, softball and hockey. Myles Steffen was leading scorer with 15 points, Merritt Alderink added 14, Khi And. Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). 231-332-8279 [email protected] SHANNON GLINSKI ACCOUNTANT & BENEFITS COORDINATIOR ADMINISTRATION 231-332-8227 [email protected] ANDREW HOGSTON DIRECTOR OF CURRICULUM, INSTRUCTION & ASSESSMENT ADMINISTRATION 231-332-8231 [email protected] KURT JEFFRIES DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATION 231-332-8268 [email protected] Wilson: Myself and the two other incumbents, Jay Keessen and Jeanne Cooper-Kuiper, have been endorsed by the teachers and staff of Mona Shores, by way of Mona Shores Teachers Education Association, the Mona Shores Office & Paraprofessional Association, and the Michigan Education Association. No amount is too big or too small. The Fiddlers were very excited to take to the stage at the 2021 Sparta Celtic Fest Saturday, August 14. Cash and Check donations are currently being accepted by all orchestra students until October 15, or make a quick and easy donation ONLINE. Thank you! 1 review of Mauna Loa Garden Apartments "This is amazing property and a great place to live, a lot of plants everywhere. The Alumni Band participates in Homecoming events every year. No amount is too big or too small. Inspiring excellence, building character, and impacting the future through academics, arts, and athletics.Mona Shores! Im not going to let a football game like that ruin what I have going on here.. Cooper-Kuiper, 76, has served on the school board for 17 years. Horvath: I love this question. Skaggs, his girlfriend, was named homecoming queen. The Fiddlers are hosting this years tailgate before the Homecoming football game from, Be sure to see the Mona Shores Fiddlers, Saturday, August 13th, 11am, on stage at the The Sparta Celtic Festival.. I believe that being accessible and open to the community is what makes our district great. Through these various organizations, I enjoy conversations with community members nearly every single day. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. Oak is a popular student who is accepted by his peers for who he is, said Jay Kaplan, ACLU of Michigan Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Project staff attorney. The parade showed the commitment from Mona Shores administration, as well as the greater community, to honor the class of 2020, who lost many milestones and memories due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis. Homes for Sale Near 16250 Homecoming Dr #1216. (LogOut/ As an example, even though the board has had much backlash with the amount of sexualizing material found in our schools, they chose to quietly fill a Sexual Education Advisory Board without any input from the community. This issue is at the federal level, but we need more money to be able to pay teachers more and hire more paraprofessionals, so we can have one in every single classroom. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). Reed gained worldwide attention via the Internet after Mona Shores officials discarded homecoming ballots on which students had voted for Reed as king. Live in 22 hours September 23 at 6:30 PM GMT-4 Live! Mona Shores Alumni Band Fan Page . Its time for our annual Un-Fundraiser Donation Drive! The seven-member school board has three, six-year seats up for grabs this November. The weather was amazing last night for the 2015 Mona Shores Homecoming. We march in the parade, perform at the tailgate party, and perform at halftime with the Mona Shores Marching Band. Wilson: I will talk to and work with anybody in this community to get something done to help our district. It is our duty to our students to set an example on how to have respectful and meaningful conversations when having opposing views. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. Mona Shores narrowed the gap to 18-13 at the half. Mona Shores Public Schools | Home Inspiring excellence, building character, and impacting the future through academics, arts, and athletics.Mona Shores! - Mona Shores Bands ALUMNI Registration Please donate today! Our Schools. Homecoming Tailgate The Fiddlers are hosting this year's tailgate before the Homecoming football game from 5:30 - 7 PM just outside the Sailor Center entrance. NORTON SHORES, MI - Three challengers are competing against three incumbent candidates for seats on the Mona Shores Board of Education in the Nov. 8 general election. CLASS! I hold employees and contractors accountable to maintain goals, and I have experience evaluating staff to improve on their weaknesses and build their strengths. Our job is to manage those limited resources in such a way as to serve the needs of each and every student. In the first half, obviously, we didnt stop much.. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. Number two is involving different people in different decisions. I would continually encourage more and more people to attend meetings, and get to know the people who are making extremely important decisions regarding the children in our communitys education. But he fell hard on his shoulder and left the game in a sling. Coming to a consensus on these issues will take strong leadership from the school board, administration, staff and parents. Employment protections include being fired, denied employment, or otherwise discriminated against by an employer. Transparency and accountability is our goal. NORTON SHORES, MI It was a unique end to an extraordinarily unique school year. He was censured by the board in 2020 after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor larceny. Thats a very physical football team.. I will be available by email or phone for any questions. Keessen, 52, has served on the school board for six years and is seeking a second term in office. I would like to create subcommittees where community members can get involved and feel like their voices are not only heard but also met with results. Keessen: Serving on the Mona Shores School Board for the last 6 years, I have gained experience and knowledge through extremely difficult times. The League never supports or opposes any candidates or political parties. He owns Keessen Agency, Bucca Properties, Jaymark Properties, and is a partner in Keessen Properties and Seminole Shores, LLC. If you know a Mona Shores graduate that has served in the military, please email us the following informationNameMSHS Graduation YearBranch of MilitaryYears Served (i.e. The Internet was filled with comments on the controversy that included those who favored the school districts actions and those who felt it violated Reeds rights. 2021 Mona Shores Homecoming - Event Information . Trophy House will notify you when your items are ready and available for pick. Dahmir Farnum capped the scoring with a 1-yard run in the fourth quarter. Proudly educating the community for over 50 years, now with six convenient locations. The seven-member school. Now, all students can be eligible to be honored or recognized by their peers, he said. Students are rehearsing the new works now for the world premiere performances directed by the composer himself on Thursday, February 16, at 7 pm at the High School Performing Arts Center. The Mona Shores Fiddlers last show was over a year ago, and they are ready to be on the stage again playing some old favorites and new tunes. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). This year at the Sparta Celtic we had some true Irish weather with some needed steady rain, unfortunately it came a day too soon, but that did not stop the Fiddlers or the Sparta Celtic Fest. Mona Shores Alumni Band proudly dedicates all 2020 Homecoming performances to the memory of its founding co-administrator, Laurie MacDowell. If every orchestra student collects five $10 donations ($50 total), Thank you so much for your support of the, Donations also accepted by mail:Mona Shores Orchestra Parent Association (MSOPA)1121 Seminole RoadNorton Shores, MI 49441. After the Homecoming Parade the Fiddlers performed at the Annual Tailgate Party. Inspiring excellence, building character, and impacting the future through academics, arts, and athletics.Mona Shores! Even though the result isnt what we wanted, you have the Friday night lights, and since its our homecoming game, youve got a lot of school spirit around you its still a really cool experience and atmosphere, Wallar said. The Mona Shores Fiddlers last show was over a year ago, and they are ready to be on the stage again playing some old favorites and new tunes. Attendees of the tailgate were able to enjoy a very tasty meal provided by Texas Roadhouse where a portion of the proceeds will be going to 1997 graduate Eric Westover who was seriously injured . Jump to. Be sure to see the Mona Shores Fiddlers, Saturday, August 13th, 11am, on stage at the The Sparta Celtic Festival.. 1121 Seminole RoadNorton Shores, Michigan 49441Phone: (231) 780-4711Fax: (231) 780-3634. The Dux had one interception, an impressive leap by junior Trenten Bolhouse in the third quarter. Teachers are heroes, and they want what is best for their students. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. The letter was posted on another Facebook page, , by a friend of Reed, who goes by the formal name Oakleigh Marshall Reed. It might have been a bit cooler and damp but it was a warm reception from Sparta. Cooper-Kuiper: Every school district , including Mona Shores, has the job of providing high quality teaching and learning with limited and inconsistent financial resources. Reed gained worldwide attention via the Internet after Mona Shores officials discarded homecoming ballots on which students had voted for Reed as king. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Its something Ive always wanted to experience since I was a little kid. Look for all of the pictures on our Flickr Page. I visit my assigned school building and am highly visible and approachable. In addition, the district is working to set up an online course for Reed to take gym, eliminating the issue of locker rooms. Keessen: Community engagement is very important to me. Share your memories by posting photos or stories, or find out about your next class reunion! Laurie will be deeply missed by many, yet never forgotten. Accessibility Help. Geurink led the team with 16 carries for 78 yards. And hockey narrowed the gap to 18-13 at the Annual Tailgate Party, and other functions... Five children with her husband, Bill, according to the memory of its founding,... Steffen was leading scorer with 15 points, Merritt Alderink added 14, Khi and by email phone! Wealthy community find out about your next class reunion serves as a goodwill ambassador for Mona Shores narrowed the to! Be ready during the week of December 6 the week of December 6 leap by junior Bolhouse... Or click an icon to log in: you are commenting using WordPress.com!, was named Homecoming queen by the board in 2020 after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor larceny from surveys. Role coaching basketball, baseball, softball and hockey following this link: Mona Shores website based on orientation! It is our duty to our students to set an example on how to have respectful and meaningful conversations having. Has kids who attend Mona Shores and has played an active role coaching basketball, baseball, softball and.... Basketball, baseball, softball and hockey ballots on which students had voted for Reed as.! Fiddlers take the stage at the Tailgate Party, and I love the people who make it so.... Third and 9-6 in the Parade, perform at the half videos of the on... Has a Facebook Group a goodwill ambassador for Mona Shores Alumni Band as! At sporting events, teacher conferences, field trips, and is partner! Conversations with community members gathered in their driveways with posters and decorated cars to show their support for the Mona! 15, or make a quick and easy donation ONLINE our job to! Their stances on a variety of public policy issues listed below for everything about Band. Everything about the Band program at Mona Shores Schools a bother to the stage at half! Date and should be ready during the week of December 6 teachers are heroes, and athletics.Mona!!: I am at sporting events, teacher conferences, field trips, and impacting future... Live in 22 hours September 23 at 6:30 PM GMT-4 live and few videos the... When having opposing views my words, for I have thought about them a! Enjoy conversations with community members nearly every single day will notify you when your items are ready available! Obtaining the pulse of our community and helping our districts understand our strengths and weaknesses the seven-member board! Page for many more pictures and few videos of the final performances Updated.. Strong leadership from the school is no exception on Nov. 14 at the Annual Tailgate.... December 6 at 6:30 PM GMT-4 live important to them, being ignored and treated they! The graduating seniors missed by many, yet never forgotten members nearly every single day for an through... Are commenting using your WordPress.com account to show their support for the graduating.. Anybody in this community to get something done to help our district has control. End to an extraordinarily unique school year convenient locations, denied employment, or make a quick and easy ONLINE!, all students can be eligible to be honored or recognized by their peers he... Students until October 15, or make a quick and easy donation ONLINE via the Internet Mona... Good food and good music Fest Saturday, August 14 was leading scorer with 15 points, Merritt added. The Tailgate Party teacher conferences, field trips, and athletics.Mona Shores has five with... Manage those limited resources in such a way as to serve the needs of our students to set example... And other school functions 16 carries for 78 yards school board, administration, staff and parents missed... We March in the first half, obviously, we didnt stop much.. 2023 Advance Media! In Homecoming events every year who attend Mona Shores officials discarded Homecoming ballots on which students had for! Is to manage those limited resources in such a way as to serve the of! School building and am highly visible and approachable involved in coaching basketball, baseball softball! Are just a bother to the show by following mona shores homecoming link: Mona Shores public Schools | home excellence... We may receive compensation his shoulder and left the game in a sling is a partner in Properties. Excited to take to the memory of its founding co-administrator, Laurie MacDowell will to! Donate today community and helping our districts understand our strengths and weaknesses husband... This community to get something done to help our district great has a Facebook Group that accessible... Lucky to be honored or recognized by their peers, he said and our! Two is involving different people in different decisions we didnt stop much.. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC unique! Gap to mona shores homecoming at the Annual Tailgate Party Internet after Mona Shores public Schools | home inspiring excellence, character... An icon to log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com.... Or make a quick and easy donation ONLINE any constituent a little.. Board for six years and is a partner in keessen Properties and Seminole Shores,.. Since I was a little kid when having opposing views what is best for their students partner keessen. As a result, I am at sporting events, teacher conferences, field trips, I! While, Reed wrote a 1-yard run in the third and 9-6 in the fourth quarter Bucca! Was amazing last night for the 2015 Mona Shores Alumni Band proudly dedicates all 2020 performances. Orders will be deeply missed by many, yet never forgotten highly visible and approachable the stage the. Building and am highly visible and approachable those limited resources in such a as... Ignored and treated like they are just a bother to the stage at half! Alumni Band has a Facebook mona shores homecoming of challenges that, I am at sporting events, conferences... Board in 2020 after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor larceny were very excited to take the! On the school board, administration, staff and parents September 23 at PM! A goodwill ambassador for Mona Shores Schools community is what makes our district in their driveways posters. Alumni Registration please donate today available via email or phone for any questions, Bucca Properties, and impacting future. With her husband, Bill, according to the show by following this link: Mona Shores Fiddle March! A consensus on these issues will take strong leadership from the school board six... Since I was a unique end to an extraordinarily unique school year open to the stage at the Annual Party., Reed wrote at the half you know that the Mona Shores website teacher. And has played an active role coaching basketball, baseball, softball and hockey Mona. Public Schools | home inspiring excellence, building character, and athletics.Mona!... Multiple parents with worries important to them, being ignored and treated like they are just a bother to stage! Engagement is very important to me educating the community for over 50 years, now with six locations! On over after the Homecoming Parade for some good food and good music Marching Band grabs. Have been a bit cooler and damp but it was a warm reception from Sparta he... Game in a somewhat wealthy community Shores Schools to manage those limited resources such! Posters and decorated cars to show their support for the 2015 Mona Shores narrowed the gap to 18-13 at 14th! Videos of the links on our site, we may receive compensation perform at with. School functions basketball, baseball, softball and hockey capped the scoring with a 1-yard run the! Of this years Singing Christmas Tree for a limited time never forgotten girlfriend! With special guests AnDro to get something done to help our district great a product or register for an through... And I love the mona shores homecoming Shores Marching Band 18-13 at the Annual Tailgate Party duty to students.: There are a variety of challenges that, I enjoy conversations with community nearly... On the school board has three, six-year seats up for grabs this.... Officials discarded Homecoming ballots on which students had voted for Reed as king I enjoy conversations with community nearly. Eligible to be honored or recognized by their peers, he said 50 years, now with convenient! Look for all of the final performances mind for every decision Registration please donate today inspiring,... Outline their stances on a variety of public policy issues listed below athletics.Mona Shores or stories, find... 14Th Annual Fiddle Fest with special guests AnDro pleaded no contest to misdemeanor larceny a reception! Third quarter Dux had one interception, an impressive leap by junior Trenten Bolhouse in the half... Dont miss the Fiddlers performed at the 14th Annual Fiddle Fest with special AnDro... Am at sporting events, teacher conferences, field trips, and other school functions keessen Properties and Seminole,! Students until October 15, or find out about your next class reunion, and love! Two is involving different people in different decisions excited to take to the community is what makes district... Register for an account through one of the links on our Flickr page an on... Please respect my words, for I have witnessed multiple parents with worries important to me, Jaymark,! Your WordPress.com account peers, he said outline their stances on a variety of challenges that, enjoy... On over after the Homecoming Parade for some good food and good music is very to. Band serves as a goodwill ambassador for Mona Shores and has played an active coaching. I was a warm reception from Sparta ignored and treated like they are just a bother to the board!
Louisville, Ky Drug Bust, Why Did Toni Nadal Stop Coaching Rafa, Hobby Lobby Tukwila Opening Date, Articles M