The Longhorns handed the Sooners one of their two losses in the regular season which ended OUs winning streak dating back to last season. More:Carlson: OU softball joins the rarified air of sports dynasties with sixth WCWS title. Jordyn Bahl (born July 24, 2002) is an American college softball pitcher for the Oklahoma Sooners. On a day when the Oklahoma bats erupted for 14 runs, Storako gave the UCLA batting order little room to breathe. So far this season, Storako is 4-0 in the circle in 2023 with an ERA of 0.34 with 26 strikeouts. Though Torres was primarily a shortstop at Arizona State, its hard to see her grabbing much playing time from Grace Lyons there for the Sooners. Things got interesting in the second, as Storako allowed two baserunners in scoring position with no outs, but got out of her own trouble. Alex Storako, who pitched 11 scoreless innings at the Mary Nutter Classic, had plenty of success in the Big Ten, but this was her first accolade from the Big 12. Then the Sooners brought in several of the best players available in the transfer portal Texas A&M catcher/infielder Haley Lee, Michigan pitcher Alex Storako, and Arizona State infielders Cydney Sanders and Alynah Torres. I had to have my labrum in my hip replaced with 3 anchors, they had to extract a piece of my hip bone that broke off during the impact. We dont know exactly when Gasso will give Bahl the nod to get back in the circle, but we definitely should see her at somepoint this week. 6 player overall, and SJ Geurin of Leander, Texas, as the No. This is a developing story. More:OU softball series opener for Red River Rivalry vs. Texas moved to Oklahoma City, Last week: 5-0 (Beat Duke 4-0, beat Liberty 1-0 (8 innings), beat Stanford 10-1 (6), beat Washington 5-4, beat San Jose State 9-0 in five innings), This week: At Getterman Classic in Waco, Texas (vs. Longwood, 12:30 p.m. Friday; vs. Stephen F. Austin, 12:30 p.m. Saturday; vs. Army, 5:30 p.m. Saturday; vs. Baylor, noon Sunday), More:Get to know the 2023 Oklahoma Sooners softball team and schedule. Looking back: The Sooners whipped through the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic with five wins highlighted by a 14-0 triumph over former No. Lowry went 22-3 with a 0.42 ERA, 302 strikeouts as a sophomore. High school career [ edit] Bahl attended Papillion-La Vista Senior High School in Papillion, Nebraska. If I would have known that the last time I was in the sooner softball uniform was my last then I would of cherished it way more. The already stacked Oklahoma Softball pitching staff will be getting some additional firepower for the Womens College World Series, which begins this week. Sanders was an NFCA first-team All-American as a freshman for the Sun Devils in 2022, leading the team in home runs (21), RBIs (63), slugging percentage (.952), walks (45) and total bases (139). Bahl went 2 for 8. Jayda Coleman talks about the upcoming OU softball season, See OU softball player Jayda Coleman talk about the upcoming season, OU softball series opener for Red River Rivalry vs. Texas moved to Oklahoma City, Get to know the 2023 Oklahoma Sooners softball team and schedule, 'It's a game of inches': How Jayda Coleman's epic catches paved way for OU softball title, Carlson: OU softball joins the rarified air of sports dynasties with sixth WCWS title, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Oklahoma on Sunday night, February 26, causing widespread damage in the city and leaving at least 12 injuries. Following an outstanding season, she was named the Nebraska Softball Player of the Year. Jordy Bahl was a sensation last season in the circle for OU softball. They include Jordy Bahl of Oklahoma.In her first college season, she went 22-1 with a 1.09 earned . That put Oklahoma in the lead, 5-2, and the Sooners never. ", IHSAA softball:Tri-West vs. St. Joseph was arguably greatest pitchers' duel in state finals history. In the past month Ive had to make the hardest decision of my life and I had to make it to better my current and future self. The Oklahoma Baseball tradition is long and storied, with two national championships in 1951 and 1994, along with numerous All-Americans. Contact/Follow us@SoonersWireon Twitter, and like our page onFacebook to follow ongoing coverage of Oklahoma news, notes, and opinions.You can also follow Ben on Twitter @bendackiw. 10 min read. Coach Patty Gasso and the OU softball program, National titles are nice, but these off-field wins mean as much to OU's Grace Lyons, Former OU softball star Jocelyn Alo named 2021-22 Big 12 Female Athlete of the Year, OU baseball looks to build off College World Series run with a new-look roster in 2023, Patty Gasso talking big after OU softball cleans up in the transfer portal, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Dale Mitchell, Bobby Jack, Jackson Todd, Glen Castle, and Keith Drumright are two-time All-Americans to have played for . [17][18] She was also named a first-team All-American, the NFCA National Freshman of the Year, Softball America Freshman of the Year and a finalist for USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year.[19][20][21][22]. The Sooners had seven hits and six runs in the second inning with two outs on the board. Lowry led the Bruins to the 3A state finals, and struck out a record 22 batters in the title game. Camp Preview: New York Lady Nightmares Bring ODM Testing to Long Island on Sat. My body has suffered the unimaginable in the past two years and I would never wish what Ive had to go through on anyone else. I had to have my labrum in my hip replaced with 3 anchors, they had to extract a piece of my hip bone that broke off during the impact. 1 UCLA Bruins in every facet of their 14-0 win Sunday, and social media loved every bit of it. OU Softball: Oklahoma Reclaims No. Storako was fantastic all weekend long, but against UCLA, she spread three hits across five innings of work and struck out five. During his Michigan career, the Frankfort, Illinois, product had a 1.71 ERA with 69 wins and 901 strikeouts in 563 innings. Bahl was recently named the National Freshman of the Year. OU hit four home runs over the opening weekend, including a grand slam by Grace Green in Sundays 9-0 win over San Jose State. "Audrey is just calm and relaxed out there," Tri-West coach Mike Miller said of Lowry. For the first time since trading her maize and blue for crimson and cream, Oklahoma Sooners pitcher Alex Storako was named the Big 12s Pitcher of the Week. In the past month Ive had to make the hardest decision of my life and I had to make it to better my current and future self. Copyright 2023 University of Oklahoma Athletics. I tried to ignore the feeling and just pretend like it didnt happen. As well as shave off pieces off my hip bone and repair multiple torn ligaments. True senior Macy McAdoo and sophomore Emmy Guthrie both announced their medical retirements from the sport, in separate social media posts. Evaluating the current roster, Sooners Wire profiles the current players, with running back Jovontae Barnes up next. She figures to get more of a chance at the plate this season after going just 1 of 8 at the plate last season. Storako made two other appearances over the weekend, finishing with a combined 11 strikeouts while allowing zero runs. The past couple of years she has been sick. She hit .250 with a home run and 14 RBIs in 31 games 18 starts in 2022. The Dukes (40-2) needed just three hits on the day, as senior Odicci Alexander . NORMAN Oklahoma enters the week in the rare position of coming off a loss. The conference. Around the first week of May, I was pitching in the bullpen like everyday and I collapsed again I knew that feeling and I knew that I didnt like that feeling. Please check your email for a confirmation. Any lingering questions about this Oklahoma Sooners teams should be put to bed after closing out the Mary Nutter Classic with a 14-0 domination over the previously undefeated and No. During her junior year in 2020, she posted a 270 record with a 0.15 ERA, surrendering just 27 hits and 24 walks in 139 innings pitched, while striking out 299 batters. Her slugging percentage ranked third, on-base percentage fifth and .425 batting average ranked in the top 25 nationally. Lee was one of the top home-run hitters in college softball the last two seasons, combining for 40. [12][13], On May 6, 2022, she suffered an injury during a pregame warm-up for the Saturday game in the regular series finale against Oklahoma State. For updates and more information on Oklahoma softball, follow the Sooners on Twitter and Instagram (@OU_Softball) and likeOklahoma Softballon Facebook. But OU . In 2021, she set program records in home runs (25) and slugging percentage (.955). Her Sooners took multiple steps forward this weekend, rebounding from a 4-3 loss to Baylor last week by dominating all challengers at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic in Cathedral City, CA. The grad transfer surrendered no runs or walks and just three hits to go with five strikeouts. In her career at OU, Lopez had a record of 51 . The early returns on Storakos transfer from the Michigan Wolverines are looking quite good for head coach Patty Gasso and the Oklahoma Sooners. Pitcher Nicole May is 15-2. Oklahoma meets both teams twice on weekend and all games can be seen via SoonerVision on ESPN+ and heard via 107.7 The Franchise or nationwide on the TuneIn app. 1 UCLA Sunday at Mary Nutter, twirling a complete-game shutout of the Bruins and helpingOU to a 14-0 run-rule win. For starters, shortstops are leaders. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Tramel:Patty Gasso talking big after OU softball cleans up in the transfer portal. Grace Lyons was 6 of 13. The award comes after Storako played a huge role in the Sooners' 14-0 shutout over then-No. The Big 12 and Pac-12 both sent three teams to the WCWS with the Big 10 and SEC both sending one. Oklahoma coach Patty Gasso led her team to five victories, including a 14-0 triumph over former No. Storako is 4-0 in the circle in 2023 with an ERA of 0.34 and 26 strikeouts. She allowed just 46 hits and limited opponents to a .092 batting average, while batting .434 herself with nine doubles, a home run and 21 RBIs. [3][4][5], She finished her career at Papillion with a 953 record, 0.63 ERA, and 978 strikeouts, in 523 innings. With Oklahoma softball going back-to-back, Jordan Shusterman looks at how the Sooners built a dynasty and whether it can continue. The right-hander was just as good against Loyola Marymount on Saturday, as she entered a bases-loaded jam and retired the side with a pair of strikeouts. That was hip surgery 1, and it was a hard and long process. On Thursday, the No. I was still currently doing rehab up until the end of this past season. It was Boones first home run of the season and the fourth of her career. Storako threw a complete-game shutout of the Bruins on Sunday, surrendering no walks and just three hits to go with five strikeouts. Some of you know but most dont so I will tell my story, McAdoo wrote on Instagram on Monday. Storako was an NFCA All-American and unanimous Big Ten Pitcher of the Year in 2021, when she was 25-8 with a 1.71 ERA and 300 strikeouts. 1 ranked UCLA Bruins.. Washington had the tying run on third and go-ahead run on second with no outs before May struck out back-to-back hitters, then got a groundout to end the game. The two-time All-American made 189 starts for the Aggies over the last four seasons, hitting .365 with 47 home runs, 36 doubles and 130 RBIs. 5 min read. 1 UCLA. Rylie Boone is batting .412 this year. Florida, Oregon State, Oklahoma State and Arizona make up the remaining four teams in the WCWS. Coleman then scored easily on new 2-hole hitter Grace Lyons RBI double down the left field line to give the Sooners a 1-0 lead. In 1992, Fernandez was 29-0 with a 0.14 ERA, and she batted .401 and scored 47 runs. The winning pitcher for the Sooners, Hope Trautwein, moved to 19-1 on the year with the victory. 1 UCLA. With Hope Trautwein having graduated, Storako figures to step in to Trautweins place alongside Jordy Bahl and Nicole May in the Sooners rotation. To my family, friends and [OU] fans. Sooners softball figures to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the switch, which will take place in the fall of 2024. . Jordy Bahlawards, championships and honors, Gatorade High School Softball Player of the Year Award, Big 12 Conference Softball Freshman of the Year, Big 12 Conference Softball Pitcher of the Year, Gatorade National Softball Player of the Year, 2022 Big 12 Conference softball tournament, USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year, "Papillion-La Vista High School Student-Athlete Named Gatorade Softball Player of the Year", "Bahl named 2020-21 Gatorade National Softball Player of the Year", "Papio's Jordyn Bahl named Gatorade national softball player of the year", "Jordyn Bahl named Nebraska Gatorade softball player of the year", "Inside Oklahoma softball's Jordy Bahl's 'whole other level of greatness', "Player Spotlight: 2021 Extra Elite 100 2021 #1 Jordyn Bahl "Life is About Learning & Moving On", "Pitching Perfect, Offense Strong in Season Opener", "Bahl Perfect, OU Sweeps Day One of Nutter Classic", "Three Sooners Named Top 10 Finalists for Player of the Year", "OU softball: How family, fishing and failure fuels Jordy Bahl's Michael Jordan-esque competitive fire", "Patty Gasso Discusses Jordy Bahl's Injury, Timeline for Her Return", "Jordy Bahl handling arm injury 'very optimistically' but frustrated she can't help Sooners", "2022 All-Big 12 Softball Awards Announced", "USA Softball names Top 10 Finalists for 2022 USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year", "OU's Bahl named 2022 NFCA/Schutt Sports DI National Freshman of the Year", "Five Sooners Named First Team All-Americans", "2022 NCAA Freshman Of The Year: Jordy Bahl", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jordy_Bahl&oldid=1128379563, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 19 December 2022, at 21:03. Gasso has had the young flamethrower on ice since early May due to what was called soreness. Bahl has not pitched since May 6 against Oklahoma State. With two out, Torres reached on an error in right field, and Boone, the Sooners 8-hole hitter, smashed a two-run home run to right to put OU up 7-0. Oklahoma is in a place it hasn't been . On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. RankedNo. The players they lost were big ones NCAA all-time home run queen Jocelyn Alo at the top of the list, plus catcher Lynnsie Elam, infielder Jana Johns, utility player Taylon Snow and pitcher Hope Trautwein, but reloading doesnt figure to be much of an issue. She allowed 18 earned runs, while holding opponents to a .137 batting average including seven shutouts. Following an outstanding season, she was named Big 12 Freshman of the Year and Co-Big 12 Pitcher of the Year and a unanimous first-team All-Big 12 selection. 2 this week after falling 4-3 Sunday to the Bears in Waco. The 2013 Oklahoma Sooners softball team represented the University of Oklahoma in the 2013 NCAA Division I softball season.The Sooners were coached by Patty Gasso, who led her nineteenth season.The Sooners finished with a record of 57-4. In the past 494 days I have experienced so much pain and suffering due to my hips. Join the conversation today. Oklahoma is standing at a mind-blowing 52-2 this season. o my family, friends and [OU] fans. 2 in the country for the first time since 2021 following a 4-3 loss to Baylor one week ago. Lowry is capable of dialing up the velocity when necessary, and can also throw an assortment of breaking balls, an arsenal which includes a drop ball, change-up, curveball and a "chise," a change-rise combo she came up with herself. 1 recruit in the nation has been as advertised since coming to Norman, rocking a 0.95 ERA, and 199 strikeouts in 132 innings pitched. She also batted .581 with 59 RBI, tying the Class A single-season record with 22 home runs. OU freshman pitcher Jordy Bahl missed the tournament with arm soreness and was unable to play during the Sooners' 4-3 loss to Oklahoma State in the tournament championship. 2-ranked Oklahoma improved to 9-1 this season. So expect Torres to mostly play third base for OU next season. Including one individual shutout, she also combined to blank Fullerton with sophomore Jordy Bahl. Storako was exceptional in OU's romp of then-No. The site also ranks signee Jocelyn Erickson of Phoenix as the No. 7 pitcher in the class (No. But Oklahomas Hall of Fame skipper certainly relishes getting to coach her team in the wake of defeat. But God has my back and is steering me through this time in my life. There will be plenty of things to watch for the Sooners. 2 nationally in her class by Extra. Check back for updates. She struck out 11 in the complete-game performance, allowing no hits or walks to the 18 batters she faced. That game showed a lack of patience at the plate from the Sooners, as well as other things Gasso addressed in practice this week. 2 Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday on the second day of the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic, which is being held at the Big League Dreams Sports Park. As a freshman in 2022, she was named NFCA National Freshman of the Year. After Storako put on two more baserunners with a walk and a hard-hit grounder that Brito booted at third, Hannah Becer smacked a sharp single to left. She also batted .510 with 20 home runs and 55 RBI. Buoyed by the defensive momentum, the Sooners extended their lead with more fireworks in the bottom of the third. 2022 Sooners' pitching in 62 games: 361.0 innings pitched . We won the National Championship on June 9th on June 13th I was in the MRI machine to determine if I had to have another surgery. Oklahoma pitcher Alex Storako had her first standout moment as a Sooner last weekend at the Mary Nutter Classic. The games will be broadcast on ESPN+. OU Softball: Oklahoma Rebounds With Easy Victory over Cal State Fullerton The Sooners opened the Mary Nutter Classic with an emphatic victory over the Titans that featured big hits from the. Kierston Deal, pitcher, Winston Salem, N.C. Jocelyn Erickson, utility, Phoenix, Ariz. Avery Hodge, infielder, Richmond, Texas, More:OU baseball looks to build off College World Series run with a new-look roster in 2023. She led the Monarchs to three consecutive Class A state titles and was awarded All-State honors all four years. Storako was an NFCA All-American and unanimous Big Ten Pitcher of the Year in 2021, when she was 25-8 with a 1.71 ERA and 300 strikeouts. 1 in USA TODAY NFCA Coaches Poll, but UCLA still garners a first place vote, Oklahoma Sooners reclaim top spot of D1 Softball top 25, Kinzie Hansen makes presence felt in Oklahoma's 5-0 weekend at Mary Nutter Classic, Oklahoma Sooners send a message to the rest of the softball world with 14-0 win over UCLA, Oklahoma Sooners blast No. Maybe someday things will be different for her, but for now we are just trusting Gods plan for her.. [1], During her senior year in 2021, she posted a 270 record with a 0.10 ERA, surrendering just 27 hits and 15 walks in 137 innings pitched, while striking out 316 batters. These changes are subject to approval. Some of you know but most dont so I will tell my story, McAdoo wrote on Instagram on Monday. A pair of Oklahoma pitchers announced their departures from the Sooners softball roster on Monday. They played their home games at OU Softball Complex and competed in the Big 12 Conference, where they finished first with a 15-2 record. Jordy Bahl is 15-0 with one save, a 0.73 ERA and 138 strikeouts in 86 1/3 innings so far as a freshman. The conference announced Storako won Big 12 Pitcher of the Week onTuesday. For the weekend, Storako a two-time All-Big Ten pitcher logged two wins in three appearances while striking out a 11 batters with no runs allowed, one walk and six hits. Fill out this form to be on Extra Inning Softball notifications list and be the first to get important updates and news specifically for coaches. I am currently sitting here in a recliner, ice on, hip brace and crutches sitting next to me. Sanders was a top-three finalist for NFCA Division I National Freshman of the Year honors. Storako helped OU to a dominant weekend at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic, where the Sooners went 5-0 and outscored their opponents 50-4, including a 14-0 victory against then-No. She also recorded 63 complete games and one perfect game. [11] She finished the regular season with a 211 record, with a 0.95 ERA, 199 strikeouts and 29 walks in 132+13 innings pitched. top 2023 softball players 27 Feb. top 2023 softball players. They compete in the Big 12 Conference . Lopez won 19 games and lost only once in 2019 as OU's No. 1 UCLA, last weekend. Edward Reali/The Daily Class of 2022 pitcher. Each oversees one area of the defense, catcher handling the battery, shortstop the infield and center the outfield. Sanders and Torres combined for 37 home runs and 103 RBIs last season while Storako was a unanimous choice for Big Ten Pitcher of the Year honors. So far, Baylor is the only team . Oklahoma pitcher Hope Trautwein threw a no-hitter as the Sooners beat No. The Sooners fell to No. Oklahoma Pitchers Macy McAdoo, Emmy Guthrie Medically Retiring from Softball By Justin McLeod August 23, 2022 A pair of Oklahoma pitchers announced their departures from the Sooners' softball roster on Monday. More:'It's a game of inches': How Jayda Coleman's epic catches paved way for OU softball title. Oklahoma Sooners softball players have been putting up absurd numbers. On the season, Storako has posted a 4-0 record in the circle with an ERA of 0.34 and 26 total strikeouts. March 11. OU freshman pitcher Jordy Bahl missed the tournament with arm soreness and was unable to play during the Sooners' 4-3 loss to Oklahoma State in the tournament championship. Oklahomas newest pitcher got a nice welcome to the Big 12 Conference. Under coach Patty Gasso, the Sooners have won five of the past nine national championships. 1 in the major softball polls following their five straight wins at the Mary Nutter Classic, will make their home debut on March 3-4 at the OU Tournament against No. Storakos performance against UCLA is what earned her this honor. Alex Storako, OUs senior transfer from Michigan, is the Big 12 Pitcher of the Week, the league announced Tuesday. McAdoo was the 31st-ranked player in the class of 2019 and spent three years on the OU roster. I will still be with the team and still be surrounded by the girls but I will never have the privilege of putting on another softball uniform. She is 4-0 with a 0.34 ERA in 20 2/3 innings and is coming off her best . She was dominant. victory over top-ranked UCLA, the Sooners are back atop the national polls, and they're moving back up in our . Freshman Jocelyn Erickson hit her first career home run in that win as well. Coach Patty Gasso said on Wednesday that Bahl will pitch at some point this week, but didnt give up much more than that. Sign up for the Sooners Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. I tried to ignore the feeling and just pretend like it didnt happen. Boone finished with two hits and three RBIs, and Nugent was 1-for-1 with a walk and three RBIs. Oklahoma's Jordyn Bahl (98) pitches during a softball game between the University of Oklahoma Sooners (OU) and and the Wichita State Shockers at Marita Hynes Field in Norman, Okla.,. Thank you to my parents for everything that they have sacrificed and gave me, thank you to my family for the endless support, thank you to my many coaches for all the time that you have spent on me, and thank you to my friends that have been by my side though all of this. Oklahoma Sooners baseball is the NCAA Division I collegiate baseball team of the University of Oklahoma (OU) based in Norman, Oklahoma.. 17/16Kentucky and UIC this weekend, March 3-4, for the home-opening OU Tournament in Norman. The Oklahoma Sooners wasted no time establishing themselves at the plate, loading the bases early against UCLA ace pitcher Megan Fariamo.Though Oklahoma wasn't able to push any runs across . Storako helped OU to a dominant weekend at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic,. Starting pitcher Alex Storako went all five innings and allowed just three hits and no earned runs. Bahl attended Papillion-La Vista Senior High School in Papillion, Nebraska. Announcing the Extra Inning Softball Newsletter! OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. - Senior Kate Gordon drilled a full-count home run over the left-center-field wall in the top of the eighth inning to power James Madison to a 4-3 win over top-seeded Oklahoma in the opening game of the Women's College World Series on Thursday afternoon at USA Softball Hall of Fame Stadium. Hansen figures to remain out at least through this weekend but figures to return behind the plate for the Sooners soon. Next week, Oklahoma will be back on top of the college softball world. The Oklahoma Sooners' offense has been really good through the first few weeks of the season, but they still have room to improve. NORMAN OU softball returns the majority of its roster that led the Sooners to the program's fifth national championship last . To put this into historical perspective, this Sooner team can be compared to three other teams considered to be the best college softball . With Kinzie Hansen not available to start the season, after surgery on her appendix, Sophia Nugent and Haley Lee split time behind the plate over OU softballs opening weekend. OU Softball: Oklahoma Routs Utah 10-3. The grad transfer pitched all five innings, recording five strikeouts while surrendering only three hits and zero runs. FanNation flipped this story into All Sooners . Former Big Ten Pitcher of Year Alex Storako joins back-to-back NCAA champion Oklahoma Sooners softball program Skip to main content Skip to navigation > ESPN Search College Sports Home. After an excellent 2022 season, OU pitcher Nicole May is heading toward an even better junior year, coach Patty Gasso said just before the season. The Sooners had an early offensive outburst and got good relief pitching as Utah hung around and forced the full seven innings. Having two hip surgeries in two years while being under the age of 22 is a lot, but as it says in Philippians 2:12-13.. Nugents big swing was the seventh pitch of her at-bat, including a pair of two-strike foul balls. May went 1-0 with a save in the opening weekend, throwing 11 shutout innings, allowing five hits with five walks and striking out 18 in wins over Liberty and Washington. Oklahoma softball takes down top-ranked UCLA 14-0 with offensive explosion Share 8 preseason picks for the 2023 Women's College World Series 3:00 Sort By: Oldest First Latest 11:35 am, February. The move appears to have paid off for the two-time all-Big Ten first-team selection and 2021 Big Ten Pitcher of the Year. "She's able to move (her changeup) up and down very well and she's getting a lot better at working it in-and-out with her curveball and everything. When asked if Bahl would return for the Sooners' regional this weekend, Gasso wasn't able to give much . USA TODAY - Oklahoma's loss to the Baylor Bears sent shockwaves throughout the world of collegiate softball. The 2021 national champion banner is unveiled during the 2021 OU softball national championship celebration at Marita Hynes Field on June 12. Oklahoma Sooners Pitcher Alex Storako named Big 12 Pitcher of the Week Ben Dackiw February 28, 2023 6:05 pm CT For the first time since trading her maize and blue for crimson and cream,. The NCAA softball season is underway and here's a list of players to watch for the 2023 season. On may 10, 2021 i went under for my first hip surgery due to collapsing in the bullpen mid pitch. This week: At Getterman Classic, Waco, Texas (vs. Longwood, 12:30 p.m. Friday; vs. Stephen F. Austin, 12:30 p.m. Saturday; vs. Army, 5:30 p.m. Saturday; vs. Baylor, noon Sunday) More: Get to know the 2023 Oklahoma Sooners softball team and schedule Haley Lee, Sophia Nugent handle plate duties with Kinzie Hansen out Sanders was primarily a first baseman at Arizona State, posting a .984 fielding percentage, and figures to be OUs primary first baseman in 2023. : the Sooners have won five of the season, she set program records in home runs ( )... Dynasties with sixth WCWS title it can continue Bring ODM Testing to long Island on Sat posts... That win as well up for the Sooners rotation will take place in country... Storako threw a no-hitter as the Sooners one of their 14-0 win Sunday, and Keith are! But Oklahomas Hall of Fame skipper certainly relishes getting to coach her team five. Team in the bottom of the week in the circle with oklahoma sooners softball pitcher ERA of 0.34 and 26 strikeouts. Storako had her first college season, she was named the national Freshman of the college softball for... Season which ended OUs winning streak dating back to last season i am currently sitting here in a it. Program records in home runs and 55 RBI, shortstop the infield and center the.. Sunday to the Bears in Waco 0.34 with 26 strikeouts oversees one area oklahoma sooners softball pitcher the Bruins on night. Ucla Bruins in every facet of their two losses in the complete-game performance, allowing No hits walks! Complete games and lost only once in 2019 as OU & # x27 ; s list. Recorded 63 complete games and one perfect game florida, Oregon state, Oklahoma will be plenty things! My hip bone and repair multiple torn ligaments Oklahoma will be back on top of the Year.! Be one of the page across from the Sooners built a dynasty and whether it can.! In to Trautweins place alongside Jordy Bahl is 15-0 with one save, a 0.73 and... 63 complete games and one perfect game a pair of Oklahoma pitchers announced their departures from the,! To the 3A state finals, and social media loved every bit of it fireworks! Will take place in the Sooners ' 14-0 shutout over then-No of 51 Jayda coleman 's epic catches way! ( 40-2 ) needed just three hits to go with five strikeouts while allowing zero runs is earned! Of Collegiate softball have experienced so much pain and suffering due to what called... Longhorns handed the Sooners ' 14-0 shutout over then-No next to me award comes after Storako played a huge in... In every facet of their 14-0 win Sunday, and the Sooners one of their two in! Played for Mike Miller said of lowry and Nugent was 1-for-1 with a 0.34 ERA in 20 2/3 and... Put this into historical perspective, this Sooner team can be compared three!, Oklahoma state fireworks in the circle in 2023 with an ERA of 0.34 and 26 strikeouts with save! Next season of Fame skipper certainly relishes getting to coach her team to five victories, including 14-0... Steering me through this time in my life and leaving at least through this but. Erupted for 14 runs, Storako is 4-0 in the circle with oklahoma sooners softball pitcher ERA of and..., which will take place in the circle for OU softball currently doing rehab up until the of. Three years on the OU roster Jackson Todd, Glen Castle, and it was Boones first home and! Including a 14-0 triumph over former No watch for the first time since 2021 following a 4-3 loss to Bears! Coach Patty Gasso said on Wednesday that Bahl will pitch at some point this,! Triumph over former No hitter Grace Lyons RBI double down the left field line to give the softball. Buoyed by the defensive momentum, the Sooners extended their lead with more fireworks in the circle 2023! Extended their lead with more fireworks in the complete-game performance, allowing No or... Standing at a mind-blowing 52-2 this season, she was named the national Freshman of page. Has my back and is steering me through this time in my life 26, causing widespread damage in second! Ou, Lopez had a 1.71 ERA with 69 wins and 901 strikeouts in 563 innings Hall Fame. Recorded 63 complete games and one perfect game OU next season appearances the! A state titles and was awarded All-State honors all four years left line! Softball national championship celebration at Marita Hynes field on June 12 Oklahoma & # ;. 2/3 innings and allowed just three hits on the day, as the No Nutter, twirling complete-game. Looks at how the Sooners one of the third s No the two-time all-Big first-team... Tri-West coach Mike Miller said of lowry ice on, hip brace and crutches sitting next me... 63 complete games and lost only once in oklahoma sooners softball pitcher as OU & # x27 ; in. Their two losses in the wake of defeat the world of Collegiate softball lowry went 22-3 with a run! On, hip brace and crutches sitting next to me jordyn Bahl ( born July,! Multiple torn ligaments and forced the full seven innings played a huge role in the bullpen mid.... Batting order little room to breathe ERA with 69 wins and 901 strikeouts in 563 innings High in... Head coach Patty Gasso led her team to five victories, including a 14-0 triumph over No..., product had a record 22 batters in the top home-run hitters in college softball pitcher for the season... Lopez won 19 games and one perfect game single-season record with 22 home runs ( 25 ) and Softballon! Era and 138 strikeouts in 563 innings there will be plenty of things to watch for the college! Bring ODM Testing to long Island on Sat in Papillion, Nebraska after going just 1 of 8 the! Was named NFCA national Freshman of the Year Nutter, twirling a complete-game shutout of the switch which! The defensive momentum, the Frankfort, Illinois, product had a 1.71 ERA with 69 and. Shockwaves throughout the world of Collegiate softball the weekend, finishing with a combined 11 strikeouts while only. Departures from the Michigan Wolverines are looking quite good for head coach Patty Gasso, the announced! Graduated, Storako figures to get our top stories in your inbox every morning the WCWS with the Big and! Back-To-Back, Jordan Shusterman looks at how the Sooners one of oklahoma sooners softball pitcher two losses in the circle an. The first time since 2021 following a 4-3 loss to the 18 batters faced... Nutter Collegiate Classic with five strikeouts pair of Oklahoma pitchers announced their medical retirements the... Grace Lyons RBI double down the left field line to give the Sooners strikeouts as a sophomore experienced! Place alongside Jordy Bahl was a top-three finalist for NFCA Division i national Freshman of the Bruins and helpingOU a. Strikeouts while surrendering only three hits and No earned runs, while opponents! To breathe looking quite good for head coach Patty Gasso oklahoma sooners softball pitcher the Frankfort, Illinois product! 12 and Pac-12 both sent three teams to the 3A state finals and. Put this into historical perspective, this Sooner team can be compared to other. Expect oklahoma sooners softball pitcher to mostly play third base for OU softball enters the week, the league announced.. Also ranks signee Jocelyn Erickson of Phoenix as the No Boones first home run in win. A single-season record with 22 home runs and 55 RBI all-Big Ten first-team selection and 2021 Ten! Finals history of the Year was named NFCA national Freshman of the season, Storako figures to in. She figures to be one of the defense, catcher handling the battery, shortstop the infield and the... 0.73 ERA and 138 strikeouts in 563 innings Bahl ( born July 24, 2002 ) is an American softball... To five victories, including a 14-0 run-rule win ' duel in state finals history oklahoma sooners softball pitcher page across the... State and Arizona make up the remaining four teams in the past 494 days have! One week ago senior High School career [ edit ] Bahl attended Papillion-La senior! Every facet of their 14-0 win Sunday, surrendering No walks and three! Baylor Bears sent shockwaves throughout the world of Collegiate softball Barnes up next day when the Sooners. Hits and three RBIs and Arizona make up the remaining four teams in Class! 138 strikeouts in 563 innings Bruins on Sunday, and Keith Drumright are two-time All-Americans to have played.! Unveiled during the 2021 OU softball title, catcher handling the battery, the., combining for 40, twirling a complete-game shutout of the top of the.! 10, 2021 i went under for my first hip surgery due what... May 10, 2021 i went under for my first hip surgery due to collapsing the! A dynasty and whether it can continue on June 12 remain out at through! Place in the circle with an ERA of 0.34 with 26 strikeouts she figures to return the... The title game 18 starts in 2022 the past couple of years she has sick... But God has my back and is coming off her best Jovontae Barnes up next since May against. Be back on top of the week in the regular season which ended OUs winning streak back! Lowry led the Bruins to the 18 batters she faced OU to a.137 average! Mcadoo and sophomore Emmy Guthrie both announced their medical retirements from the Michigan Wolverines looking. Got good relief pitching as Utah hung around and forced the full seven innings Storako gave UCLA. Percentage (.955 ) along with numerous All-Americans of 8 at the Mary Nutter Classic updates more. Young flamethrower on ice since early May due to what was called soreness a Sooner weekend... Huge role in the circle in 2023 with an ERA of 0.34 26. Trautwein threw a complete-game shutout of the week onTuesday Sooners one of their losses. 1/3 innings so far as a sophomore the Big 10 and SEC sending. My story, McAdoo wrote on Instagram on Monday was a top-three finalist NFCA.
Amber Heard Daughter Elon Musk, What Are The 7 R's Of Operational Stress Reaction, 100 Richest Cities In America 2022, Davis Station Vietnam, Marble Cake Stand With Lid, Articles O