6001 Stars and Stripes Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70126, Tuesday Friday 8 AM 11 AM Breakfast tions. Visit New Orleans Lakefront Airport, LA 70126, New Orleans on AdMyCity US We cant say enough good things about Messinas and would highly recommend it!! The venue was beautiful, unique, and historically significant, the food was exceptional, and the service was helpful and enthusiastic. It was a pleasure working with her. Served with either toast, English Muffin, or a biscuit (504) 241-5300. Location: Outside Concourse C My father particularlly enjoyed the oysters rockerfeller. Maggie and her staff were absolutely phenomenal! Popular attractions Piona Beach and Piona Abbey are located nearby. The atrium is a one of a kind space in New Orleans. Sports Vue. Apply online instantly. The staff and service that received was by far the biggest selling My husband and I had our wedding last November in the atrium. 500 Port of New Orleans PL.,New Orleans, LA 70130. New Orleans Lakefront Airport. Thanks to everyone at Messina' Messina's at The Terminal truly made our wedding celebration a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Veggie lovers spinach, tomato, green peppers, mushroom, and onion. Six weeks later, I'm still getting compliments on the food! At the time of its grand opening it was considered an architectural masterpiece. She was there to assist with the rehearsal and during the reception she helped us stick to our timeline while at the same time ensuring we had anything we might need. The day of the wedding my partner and I had very little to stress about because everything was being taken care of for us. My questions were always quickly answered and they went above and beyond to assist with planning. Everything went so smoothly, especially the transition of the atrium from ceremony to reception. It was an instant hit with our guests! It is suitable for engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions and has a capacity for 250 seated guests or 1000 standing guests. 4.5 mi. Every couple should consider this venue not only because of it's absolutely gorgeous Art Deco decor but because it is affordable. Toast or an English muffin. All around an AMAZING venue!! There are no hotels in the airport. However, after undergoing years of renovation by Alton Ochsner Davis of Richard C. Lambert Consultants, the New Orleans Lakefront Airport is finally open to the public again. 8 oz. Hours: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday) Mopho Location: Concourse B Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PJ's Coffee Location: Outside Concourse C Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Available 4/1/23. Maggie was a pleasure to work with. Our guests all said the food was AMAZING, and service awesome. Braised beef tips in a wild mushroom gravy with horseradish mashed potatoes, rosemary green, and cornbread, Thursday Wedding packages include tables, chairs, flatware, glassware, linens, and lighting. I could not have asked for anything more. I can not say enough good things about Messinas. We looked at so many venues in New Orleans and this place was hands down the place that we wanted as soon as we saw it. The night was magical. They're usually pretty busy for Sunday brunch, but if you can get a seat on the flight deck, the view is just lovely. Must have 3x the rent in total household income (before taxes) . I would highly recommend them for any wedding or party. Posted: March 01, 2023. g for an amazing experience. The chef did a wonderful job preparing our menu selections. 6001 Stars and Stripes Blvd, Ste 204, New Orleans, LA 70126, We do breakfast, brunch and have a full bar which includes an espresso machine. myself. 4301 Burgundy St, New Orleans, LA 70117. Cocktail and was available throughout the evening. Average 3.0 /5 Review Score More Details. This venue is beautiful in every way And did jus that.. New Orleans Lakefront Airport in New Orleans, LA. Ou Hello, Lakefront Airport ( IATA: NEW [2], ICAO: KNEW, FAA LID: NEW) is a public airport five miles northeast of downtown New Orleans, in Orleans Parish, Louisiana, United States. Big thanks to Maggie and Messina's hosting us on our special day!! I recommend Maggie, Margot, and the Terminal highly We got married at the Terminal on March 10,2018. Food was outstanding and the drinks kept flowing! And worst of all they posted pictures of my cake table to the businesss Instagram account, and didnt even use my wedding hashtag 9. Cash only. Classic New Orleans style BBQ shrimp, served with creamy gouda grits smothered and a biscuit, The Breakfast Sandwich$13.95 From day 1 Maggie and the crew at Messinas were outstanding! 3 extra large buttermilk pancakes We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Share on Twitter Public Transportation. Share on Linked In When we had meetings or phone calls, they were professional, helpful, and concerned about every detail as if it were their own event. My ceremony was to begin at 7pm, we were not allowed on the premises until 4pm. What an absolutely amazing experience ! No other venue we looked at was going to be that accommodating. I was so impressed with the staff. 's is what blew us away. The Blue Crab Restaurant and Oyster Bar 333 reviews Closed Now American, Bar $$ - $$$ Menu "The blue crab pasta is the best ever!" "Got a shrimp, oyster and soft shell cra." 7. Map & Directions Email Us Contact Us Phone: (504) 241-5300 Located in: The Terminal Lakefront Airport 6001 Stars and Stripes Blvd. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and . Maggie was so easy to work with and answered all of our questions. Highly Recommend!! Menus Tuesday -Friday: Breakfast from 8am-11am Tuesday - Friday: Lunch from 11am - 3 pm Saturday - Sunday: Brunch served all day 8 am-3 pm. New Orleans, LA 70126, Breakfast:8am-3pm Past month; Traditional New Orleans Cuisine in an Historic Aviation Setting. I always dreamed of my wedding being at The Terminal-so this was the best dream come true!! They made our experience at Messina's a delightful one. Definitely plan to have more special occasion parties at Messinas. Location: Concourse B Sure evything is flawless. Hours: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Chick-Fil-A Everything was perfect!!! Orleans venues. I Messina's and their staff created such a wonderful cocktail hour and reception for us and our guests. Southshore is open 24/7 and has all your donut needs. 13700 N NEMOURS Street, New Orleans, Orleans County, LA, 70129 For Sale Listed by VASHA' T CHEVALIER with KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY 504-207-2007. It's heavenly. Check for availability at our favorite hotels directly from their websites. Mable was a Godsend, and Ma My husband and I just had our wedding reception in the atrium a week ago! The closest hotels are 2 to 4 miles to the south along I-10. They were quick to pick up dishes and glasses. Bar Sazerac The Louis Armstrong International Airport is currently open and operating under enhanced safety guidelines, with airport vendors following suit. We couldn't have picked such an amazing and unforgettable venue for our big day and we couldn't have imagined it any more perfect than what it was! The Terminal was an excellent location for my wedding reception!!! Our anniversary celebration was held in the Walnut Room. Overlooking beautiful Lake Pontchartrain, the restaurant is locally owned and operated, and proudly serves only the finest Louisiana seafood. More info and photos of Flightline First 100LL: Jet A: FS : $8.02 : $6.77 . Hilton Riverside New Orleans , The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, and Job1 will be in attendance as well. Job specializations: Maintenance/Cleaning. Messina's at the Terminal Our wedding was so so so much fun and I would recommend Messinas to anyone, especially couples looking for an amazing value. Wow! They seem to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today. Kristin from Messina's worked with us every step of the way to make sure that it all turned out absolutely perfect and Avonna was there all night long keeping me stress free and making sure we had nothing to worry about. 0.6 mi. I had fallen in love with the sunset and the airplanes and the art deco design of the building but I shouldnt have dealt with the treatment I received at The Terminal. This is a review for restaurants near New Orleans, LA: "This place is so charming. Look no further for a reception venue! Lunch offers a diner-style menu with daily Blue Plate Specials, plus more indulgent delights such asLouisiana lump crab cakesand gourmet burgers. The effort has cost $18 million and was completed in September. Sarah and Caroline helped set up multiple family tribute tables of our family photos, displayed our party favors and guest books, and made sure all of vendors had what they needed. The terminal also housed a post office, a kitchen, cafe, restaurant, a station . Messinas at The Terminal is a historical wedding venue located on Lake Pontchartrain in New Orleans, LA. Messinas is truly a gem. How many adults are living in the property located at 1026 Robertson St, New Orleans, LA? Landry's Seafood offers a true taste of Gulf Coast tradition. Mrs. Mable and Mrs. Courtney handled us like royalty. Best clam chowder I've ever had south of the Mason Dixon, made me feel like I was back home in Boston for a little while. But let's talk about the real star of the show: Maggie. Our guests were also wowed by Messinas. The only "cons" that I can even think of is that the venue is on the louder side, as there are a lot of hard surfaces. Sweet Ms. Mable and Courtney were also rock stars. . Because we got married downtown, we hired buses to shuttle our guests to the venue. Messina's also was VERY flexible with our budget, and worked with us to get to a price that worked for us, yet still accommodate our wants and desires. New Orleans, LA 70126 CityBusiness Reader Ranking Award Winner 2021 Our Hours Tuesday - Friday: 8am - 3pm Saturday & Sunday: 8am-3pm Closed Mondays Weekdays: Breakfast:8am-3pm Lunch: 11am - 3 pm Weekends: Th Our experience at Messina's was a total dream! Maggie, Margot, Mabel and the entire team took all the stress of coordinating anything off our plates so we could focus on each other and the sweet day. Visit his website MattHainesWrites.com. Much More! ggie was so fun and easy to work with. Meat lovers open-faced omelet with potatoes, smoked ham, applewood smoked bacon, andouille, and cheddar cheese The best part was she made sure my husband and I always had a fresh Hours: 7 a.m. until last departure on Concourse B. Property is on a . Location: Outside Concourse B; Concourse C Topped with boiled shrimp drizzled with our home-made remoulade sauce, Onion Rings$9.00 Holiday Inn Express New Orleans East An Ihg Hotel. Choice of: grits, cheese grits, or Brabant potatoes, Brunch Burger$15.00 We couldnt have asked for a better venue for our special day. Everything was EXCEPTIONAL. EXCELLENT!!!! I recently had my wedding at Messinas and it was beyond perfect! If I'm super hungry, I get both the cheese grits and the potatoes because they are that good. The servers never stopped passing the food around. Many considered it the finest in the country. Grilled chicken topped with lettuce, tomato, applewood smoked bacon, Swiss cheese, and Dijonaise spread, Runway Burger$14.00 Just follow the link below and let the inspiration begin. . After a horrible experience with a prior booked venue, The Terminal and Maggie went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I've had vegan dishes in fine dining restaurants and vegan restaurants all over the city and the food Chef made for the wedding is hands down, the best I've ever had. Substitute a bowl for $4.00, Eggs Your Way$13.25 Metairie, Louisiana: Metairie Club Gardens, 7.6 mi. Not many people in New Orleans know about it, but I am glad someone from SMG Mercedes Benz Superdome recommended it! Full-Time. The staff was responsive and friendly throughout the evening, especially one of the bartenders, whom both our families were raving about by the end of the night. Trust me when you pick your venue location its going to be really important that you like working with the people there and Maggie and the rest of the team at Messinas were so wonderful and went above and beyond. 3. There was also a Christmas tree in the main reception area. Delicious and the food was flowing all night. Every single person we worked with, but especially Caroline and Sarah, was extremely responsive and supp Messina's at the Terminal is a gorgeous venue - spacious, unique, historic. $187,000 USD . New Orleans, LA. ______ GETTING HERE - DIRECTIONS. I really cant say enough great things about this place! Gives your out-of-town guests a memorable experience. Everyone at The Terminal was so welcoming and accomdating from Day 1. My biggest frustration was that the event coordinator that I had been working with for over a year was not there for my entire event, she had another lady handle my actual wedding day. I would get married again every year if I could afford it and have it at Messina's every year!! Maggie was such an amazing help when it came to planning. . Savory omelet with melted brie cheese, topped with Louisiana lump crabmeat and Hollandaise served with toast, English muffin or a biscuit. he pork belly biscuits & fried chicken sliders). She's the literal best. The staff was exceptional throughout the entire wedding reception planning process. The large Atrium is stunningly beautiful, especially at night. We booked the venue over a year out and stayed in close contact throughout the year with Maggie. It consists of 2 bedrooms with double beds (1.6 x 2 m), a new bathroom with toilet . Messinas Runway Cafe Breakfast with @levera1976 ! Chef Dale and Chef Daryl were awesome as were all the staff and bartenders. Grilled 8oz NY strip accompanied with two eggs any way and served with Brabant potatoes, Chef Leons Breakfast Crab Cakes$26.00 Convenient to the Lakefront, City Park, numerous shops, restaurants, grocery stores and gyms. Maggie was extremely accommodating and helped us every step of the way! You can pick your cheese too and I always get gouda. Thanks again to Maggie and the crew!! Messina's Runway Cafe 128 Breakfast & Brunch Cafes $$Little Woods 0.01 Miles "This place is so charming. Cant ask for a better night. The New Orleans Lakefront Airport is a general aviation airport in Louisiana. Restaurants. I highly suggest having them as a wedding venue! . I can't think of a more helpful, cheerful person than Maggie. Brunch Saturday - Sunday 10am-2pm . She was even there for the rehearsal the day before. There are so many options to fit all budgets! The chef was involved from the tasting and throughout the evening of the reception. Never did she mention that outlets or power would be an issue. Our friends and family are still talking about it! then you must consider Messina's at the Terminal. Shopping Shopping Centers. I cannot say enough good things about this place. They used a LARGE ORANGE CONE as a doorstop for my grand entrance. Two months later, and our guests still tell us how beautiful our wedding was and great the food was. I didn't set out to have a fairy tale wedding. The chef accommodated our guests with food allergies providing alternate preparations on some items. 4.6 mi. Imore, Great lunch spot close to the airport. At the Lakefront Airport Terminal, your culinary experience begins at The Runway Caf, featuring traditional New Orleans cuisine in a classic aviation setting with a view of the runway. Seriously one of the coolest settings! The venue is one of the most beautiful and unique places to have a wedding in New Orleans. I was able to eat, dance, and take plenty of pictures with my wife. The 2-day variants already have $75 on the wristband, which you can purchase food with. It is such a unique venue. Bar & Drinks, Cakes & Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food & Catering, Rentals & Equipment, Service Staff. She truly was great to work with. our destination for the best music! 0.8 mi. Top notch service and beautiful space. Saint Claude at Elysian Fields. Get Our Wedding Planner App On Your Mobile Device. The Art Deco decor makes it so special. Words can't describe what a wonderful job they did! Thanks to all who helped make our wedding so special. Choice of: applewood smoked bacon, andouille sausage, or chicken sausage My only complaint is I didnt eat enough of the tasty food! Overall, our experience was fantastic, and we wouldn't change a thing. I would recommend Messina's at the Terminal to anyone looking for a memorable experience! 2. Columbia, Mississippi: Mack Grubbs, 85.2 mi. From our first meeting, to the tasting, to our day, to load out, Mr. My daughters November 10th wedding was perfect. I believe one of them made sure the kids at the reception had something to snack on! If you love aviation, Art Deco architecture, or just want a beautiful wedding in an unconventional space, do yourself a favor and choose Messinas. Motel 6 New Orleans, LA - Near Downtown in New Orleans. She was such a delight to work with. One tip we recommended is setting up transportation to your guests since it is a hidden gem and far from the typical touristy attractions. They didn't even blink when we asked if vegan options were possible--in fact they already had a vegan/vegetarian menu to choose from! They actually felt like long time friends by the end of everything! Messinas at the Terminal was the prefect venue. Now after the wedding I have to say it was a magical night. Listing details information provided by KASI L CHAMPAGNE. Open in Google Maps. Our guests can't stop talking about how amazing the food was and how beautiful the venue is. Posting id: 823142423. I can't believe how helpful and accommodating she was throughout the entire process. Fried green tomato, lettuce, and applewood smoked bacon with remoulade on a brioche bun, Grilled Shrimp Salad$18.00 Location & Hours Suggest an edit 6001 Stars and Stripes Blvd Ste 204 New Orleans, LA 70126 Little Woods Get directions You Might Also Consider Sponsored Metry Cab Service The food was perfect and our out of town guests loved the Louisiana Experience complete with kingcakes! Cafe Du Monde - City Park My wife and I live in Miami now and I know we will be back to eat in the very good restaurant for our next visit to NOLA and to visit our friends George and Maggie Zschiedrich! They were outstanding ! 0.6 mi. I worked with one person for over a year and that person wasn't there all night to make sure the venue details were handled as planned. Tables, chairs, flatware, dinnerware and glasses as well as food and drink are all included--also other details like a cake stand, votive candles, etc. 8oz beef patty with grilled onions, gouda cheese, spinach, and tomatoes with our signature runway sauce, Layover Burger$14.00 Maggie is a gem!! Box 20007 New Orleans, LA 70141 Hours Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is open 24 hours daily, including holidays. It was an absolutely an amazing party and so much of it was because of them. For your convenience, the venue offers onsite parking for you and your guests. Whether you are hoping for a seated meal or buffet-style service, the attentive Messina's team can work with you to ensure your vision come to life! New Orleans, Louisiana: Isidore Newman School, 8.9 mi. Food was great. You get the whole retro 1940s feel from the decor down to the music. These are the best restaurants with outdoor seating near New Orleans, LA: What did people search for similar to restaurants near New Orleans, LA? Explore the hotel map to find hotels, spas, resorts, and bed and breakfast and other . We were so pleased with the event. Messina's made planning a wedding reception a breeze. The Walnut Room, once a popular entertainment location, is being restored, too. It is about 10 miles northeast of of the central business district. An easy stroll to the restaurants and coffee shops on Carrollton Avenue, the street car line, and the boutiques, restaurants, yoga studios, and music venues on Oak Street. I can't tell you how many people have come up to me and said how perfect the whole thing was. The chef worked with us t Everything about this venue was perfect. You'll just have to try them yourself. You've added your first Trip Builder item! It worked out great and those guests who wanted to drive had ample parking in the big parking lot. Beginning April 6, Messina's will be open Tuesday through Friday for lunch, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday for breakfast and lunch, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Messina's Runway Cafe The Terminal at Lakefront Airport 6001 Stars and Stripes Blvd. Fried catfish with side-winder fries, coleslaw, and jalapeno cornbread, Basket of Biscuits$4.75 Keep track of your trip itinerary here. Share by Email, Due To Circumstances Beyond Our Control, We Will Be Closed For Service Thursday, 3/2/2023. Classic Caesar salad with romaine lettuce and house-made croutons Messinas offers a large variety of options. This is definitely TOP FLIGHT . They threw away all leftover wedding and grooms cake as well as the topper, they kept my globe lights that we found a way to string although the nearest outlet was 100 feet away from the ceremony space.