This means I dont always have the quality photos I need (hence the quick view), but I certainly have some very useful information to help you along the way! We service the North Houston areas including The Woodlands, Tomball, Spring, Conroe, Cypress, & Magnolia, TX. May I ask what the wall color is? Depending on the lighting and your color palette, you may even spot hints of yellow or pale green. I love greens and would like to get rid of any reds, perhaps Ill try the golds next and see if that helps my stuff work. When choosing a color for walls, cabinets, exteriors, or an entire room, its important to consider temperature, LRV, and the shade of gray youre looking at, especially one like Sherwin Williams Gauntlet Grey! 20. This shade of charcoal gray is a great choice for accents but a bad choice for walls and ceilings. Click the button down below to get a peel-and-stick sample from Samplize.com. We are keeping countertops and tile around garden tub which are a lighter tan. Whether youre a beginner or well-versed in the colour world, these fun online courses will take your colour education to the NEXT LEVEL! In that area, we did all Gauntlet Gray. I love the subtlety of honey bronze. I needed to have my house roof replaced. She chose Gauntlet Gray by Sherwin Williams which looked lovely with their existing granite and floors, and tied in nicely with some of the soft furnishings (like the rug!) ! These contemporary grey tones are famous for a lot, whether youre searching for a lighter color to make your home feel wider, a medium color with greater color saturation, or a dark and gloomy dark grey to create drama and contrasts. Jan 19, 2023 - Explore Christine Hurt's board "Gauntlet Gray by Sherwin Williams", followed by 250 people on Pinterest. I love creating these visual effects that help me decide which textures and colors work well together. We have ceramic tiles throughout the house that we cant replace right now and this shade works perfectly. Only the faintest color pigments keep this cool shade tinted with pale brown shadows. While it is still technically classified as a light paint color, Mindful Gray is right on . Any ideas would be so helpful. Check out these Sherwin Williams paint for cabinets, consisting of various shades of SW gray. Samplize offers peel and stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots. The dense base with notes of green, yellow, and brown undertone pigments gives this gray a warm temperature feel that radiates a subtle, earthy nuance. Been wanting to move to more neutral colors, but they just dont feel right even when I pick from those listed in the pictures I love. Acier SW 9170 from Sherwin Williams: Paint Color Review for Your Home, Acier SW 9170 from Sherwin Williams: Paint Color Review for Your Home: Mr. Another method in modern luxury design is to use the power of dark color in the loggia. It is recorded in the Kitchen section of the Kitchen section. Hi Ingrid! So excited for you! How the color looks on your cabinets will depend on your rooms color scheme. View interior and exterior paint colors and color palettes. Not sure what an LRV is? Gauntlet Grey Sherwin Williams Cabinets - Since we've been living in this house, I've hated our kitchen. UPLOAD A PHOTO. Hi Stephanie! ! LRV is light reflectance value. I always go with a satin finish on my cabinet jobs its the perfect sheen without being too glossy. Warm gray, cool gray, blue- gray, greige-gray, green-gray HELLS BELLS! Its an easydare I say agreeable?color that still has enough depth to make it interesting. . They already replaced the countertops and floors, and a new backsplash and cabinet hardware are in the works as well. From floral wallpaper to nature-inspired art, these practical spring decorating ideas are full of inspiration to make your home more . Hi Jenny, Gauntlet Gray will seem Softer and WARMER than anticipated if you have south-facing light or a really brilliant eastern morning light. Happy House How Long Does Exterior House Paint Last? Sherwin Williams SW7019 Gauntlet Gray has an LRV of 17.20. , actually has some serious considerations because it is not as cool or neutral as many people expect when looking for traditional gray. My experience with them exceeded anything I could have imagined and I am very grateful for the opportunity to work with them on this renovation. But the real magic comes from the darker pigments that add touches of drama and volume. var _Hasync= _Hasync|| []; We asked our design team their favorite place in the home to use dark colors, and here are their answers. And while I want Benjamin Moore to have options that relate to the beauty of the Gray Gauntlet, some have the same intentions but different approaches. For cabinets consider semi-gloss or high gloss for the most durable finish (and a gorgeous glow). Gauntlet Gray is a warm gray with a black midtone. Monorail Silver is a mid-toned shade of gray with subtle lavender and blue pigments that give this shade a cool temperature and versatile use. Your email address will not be published. I didnt like the color of the cabinets, and the copper accents throughout the house didnt really match the rest of the house (measures, pans, etc.). The cabinets are another step in the process to the finished product. Happy House and will confidently use this company as the need arises in the future. Sara often uses personal experiences to help her followers reduce the challenges of being a homeowner. I plan to use him in the future for other projects.". Gauntlet Gray is a beautiful exterior house paint color that also looks fantastic on cabinets, wainscot, and trimming. Its a great color to use when you want a light and dark color scheme, but youre not ready to commit to a dank shade like black. Close. Medium-to-dark gray colors that pair well with Agreeable Gray: SW Gauntlet Gray. Gray screen is another blue-based shade of gray that may appeal to those who want a color with slight dark tinting. It will be slightly shadier in northern light or mid-afternoon in western light. When choosing a dark gray for a wall, closet, exterior trim, or entire room, its important to consider the temperature, LRV, and gray tones youre looking for, especially the Sherwin Williams gray glove-like personality. Love the sliding shelves and honey bronze knobs from Top Knobs. Metropolis has an LRV of 23. That cabinet was just via a building supplier in Surrey. Learn how your comment data is processed. See more ideas about house colors house paint exterior grey exterior. I also picked the right items to display in the upstairs display case. taupe-purple undertone that a lot of todays grays have, slightly warmer grays, but nothing TOO greige. Wondering which gray is best for your kitchen or bathroom? And congratulations on legitimizing your business. If this interests you, heres the link https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ feeling overwhelmed!! I try to give as much complimentary as I can on my website, but if that doesnt work you might want to think about sending me photos and filling out the questionnaire so that I can spend some time with your home! Ideas on cabinet paint color and floor color. Gauntlet Grays LRV is little over 17, putting it in the medium-dark category. Gauntlet Gray is a wicked dark gray with a slightly warm, but VERY vague purple undertone. Gorgeous! I was painting the cabinets White Dove by Benjamin Moore, just because I have some on hand really, but find it a bit too white. ", "My house needed new siding, soffits, and fascia. I trusted my roof upgrade with Mr. Just because its good doesnt mean its popular. var hs = document.createElement('script'); hs.type = 'text/javascript'; hs.async = true; While the name might lead you to believe these spaces are black and white, they can feature any combination of light and dark colors. I mean, BM White Dove is a warm white, but even thenit could be a stretch :). Happy House has repaired the damages on my house and also made my house look very nice too. Four color schemes to use with Functional Gray. it would ultimately save you a ton of time, money and grief! Gauntlet Gray Sherwin Williams Cabinets. He diagnosed the problem and also quoted replacing the remaining aging wood we had on our house, as well as replace the chimney top. We challenge you not only to be afraid, but to think outside the box. I Hoped You Like This Small Article on Tricorn Black SW 6258 from Sherwin Williams, please share and tune in for more house painting ideas! I think the dark color of the walls is relaxing and very attractive for visitors. Gauntlet Gray prefers softer neutrals that are a shade or two warmer than itself (ie: warm grey and greige paint colors). We saved the last year for it and the result is the highlight of 2020! Or is it because I have yellow light bulbs, dated cream linoleum, and cream counter top next to the vanity. Best, This week I am focusing in on Gauntlet Gray, a gorgeous dark blue-gray color from one of my most used paint swatch cards that includes a top fav of mine: Repose Gray. Disclosure: This site does incorporate paid advertising and affiliate links. I love this shot of our kitchen from the front. Oh my, kitchen is so beautiful!! About Laura . The color is different in all textures, decorations and bases. ", "Very great work, Mike has been very helpful in fixing the damages on the outside of my house and they have done a great job in painting my garage's exterior. Samplize provides real paint samples that are easy to move around your home, and cheaper SW 7016. When we remodeled they built a new bone on top of the old one and I was instantly hooked! Ill show you how! Generally speaking, I find semi-gloss in MOST brands a bit too shiny and Im inclined to go 1 step down. skip to main content. Sherwin-Williams Gauntlet Gray "If I need a darker gray, one of my go-to colors is Sherwin-Williams Gauntlet Gray. Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray is a greige paint color. Simply Beautiful! https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Depending on the size of the room, the amount of natural light, the surrounding furniture, and a million other things, gray doesnt always turn out the way we want it to. Im Jenny, a wife of 28 years, mother of three, and a corporate drop-out. To confirm your color choices prior to purchase, please view a physical color sample. ", "Very impressive! Indigo Batik is less saturated than both Naval and Charcoal Blue with an LRV of 8. FULL Paint Colour Review of Sherwin Williams Gauntlet Gray, Sherwin Williams 8 Best Dark Gray Paint Colours, How to Pick the Best Paint Colour for Your Cabinets, The 10 Best Gray and Greige Paint Colours by Sherwin Williams, Paint Colour Review: Sherwin Williams Web Gray, The 4 Best Paint Colours for Your Kitchen Island or Lower Cabinets. Its an excellent hue for an elegant touch in a space with a large number of natural light because its a deeper grey. Most of my stuff is either red/golds of Tuscan decor or creams/dirty greens of cottage/floral. Gauntlet Gray is a little picky, but it has a lot of potential to be a great color for your next exterior house painting or interior house painting project. They are adept at understanding colors that harmonize with each other to express size and personality. Great colorsthanks for the very informative posts. My FAVOURITE paint for cabinets is Benjamin Moore Advance in Pearl finish. Sherwin Williams describes the color collection Nurterer as "Your warm smile and compassionate nature define you. They worked so hard to paint our whole house perfectly. Feb 10, 2019 - Sherwin Williams Gauntlet Gray, white upper cabinets. SW 7015. Not only is it very affordable, but there are endless color options that can make your look your own! Many homeowners often wonder how frequently they, HardieZone System: Hardie HZ5 vs HZ10 Differences, HardieZone System: Hardie HZ5 vs HZ10 Differences HardieZone System: Hardie HZ5 vs HZ10 Differences One size does not always fit all especially when it comes. For starters, transitioning out of corporate America and into your own business. Your email address will not be published. Gauntlet Gray has an LRV of just over 17, which puts it at the mid-dark end. But generally speaking, it will look like a nice, medium-toned charcoal paint colour that doesnt have that typical taupe-purple undertone that a lot of todays grays have. Interior and Exterior Color Consultation packages. navgation Toggle Material Bank. Great job! Sherwin Williams Gauntlet Gray complements lighter neutrals like Accessible Beige, Tempered Beige, Anew Gray, and Mega Greige (but there are many more in that range). Getting ready to do a master remodel. SW 7017. I remodeled my kitchen sanded, primed, cured, sanded high grit, then painted a dark espresso, sanded, painted, cured, for weeks-month before hanging. Agreeable Gray SW 7029 from Sherwin Williams, Turkish Coffee SW 6076 from Sherwin Williams, Casa Blanca SW 7571 from Sherwin Williams, Choice Cream SW 6357 from Sherwin Williams, Hire Exterior House Painters in The Woodlands, Texas, Hire Exterior House Painters in Spring, Texas, Hire Exterior House Painters in Tomball, Texas, Hire Exterior House Painters in Magnolia, Texas, Hire Exterior House Painters in Conroe, Texas. Gray cabinets for kitchen spaces are very popular, largely due to their versatility and that face that different shades of gray can evoke very different feelings. New homeowners nowadays, on the other hand, prefer significantly warmer tones of grey over the colder colors of the past. I actually have an E-design service just for this! $2.00 Peel+Stick paint samples Click here to find your color. Repose Gray is a Sherwin Williams best-seller, largely valued for its neutrality. Featured Color: Gauntlet Gray SW 7019. Learn how your comment data is processed. ", "Mike was awesome. ~Kylie, Hi Kylie, I have relied on your blog many times for advice and it is always so great! it has a good amount of depth which makes it a great exterior paint color. The homeowner has amazing taste, and has made changes to their home over the five years that theyve lived there. Mike Monyak and his entire team are professional, attentive, fair, competent and courteous; they did exceptionally well what they contracted to do. Here, youll find hundreds of articles on how to create the home of your dreams. Wondering what would happen? Oh you BET it can go a bit green, absolutely. Gauntlet Gray has a more muted violet undertone than other common grey paint colors. The upper cabinets in Repose Gray and the lower cabinets in Gauntlet Gray (Sherwin Williams colors). When choosing a paint color on your next exterior house painting project, its important to use photographs from similar houses which can be found on Pinterest or from a Google Search. Happy House! Most samples come off as blue. I love the attention to detail and the constant measurements to make sure they always look the way they are! Wednesday September 20, 2017 Posted in Wednesdays With Wendy Tags: Benjamin Moore Design Tips Designer Favorites Gray Colors Interior Design Sherwin Williams Best Gray Color W Design Wednesdays With Wendy, I want to say a big thank you to all of you for your patience in unveiling this updated kitchen! I sprayed the doors/drawers, but brushed and rolled the frames. Sure, it says gray but this one really is more greige than anything as it sits in between gray and beige slightly favouring the warmer side of things. Sherwin Williams SW7019 Gauntlet Gray has an LRV of 17.20. Im a serial house-stalker, and never tire of a great home tour or a before and after renovation. Thank you all for your support. Gauntlet is in the same family as Repose; Urbane Bronze is a little too dark and too green to work with your scheme. However, compared to gray with a dominant purple color, it can take very little green (barely). In addition, bright lighting can make this color contrast more significant. SW Light French Gray. Linda, She has slowly been making over their home, putting her own stamp on it. Any suggestions? paired with bright white, this pair doesnt stop there! Hi Kylie, love your site! Quick question, Kendall Charcoal. The LRV, or Light Reflectance Value, is a measurement of how much light a color reflects. It almost feels like concrete this true gray paint color is absolutely minimalist and modern. We will paint cabinets and do new floor and are wanting to do more of a taupe/gray feel. He explained all that needed to be done to install a quality roof that would last. The Hue Angle is the angle at which a colors hue is positioned on a color wheel. We strongly advise applying SAMPLIZE, as most do with every paint color. Love the two tone gray kitchen. This 3.75 shell is perfect for an island cabinet and the honey bronze finish makes it stand out against our Gauntlet Grey! Sherwin Williams Snowbound on the top cabinets, Gauntlet Gray on the lowers. Do you want to see other popular gray paint colors? Sherwin Williams 8 Best Dark Gray Paint Colours. Many people rely on shades of blue-green or light gray when choosing colors for interior or exterior walls. Mike also takes the time to listen and is very thorough in explaining what needs to be done and offering alternative options available. Itd be difficult to have Gauntlet Gray appear frigid, especially in north-facing light, since its a warm color. And then, a few weeks ago, I decided that I had enough of the old wooden cabinets and decided to paint them! Cafe Appliances. My problem is Im trying to use the pictures/decor I already have and they dont work with the colors I want to use. Sea Salt Kitchen Cabinets ( Source) 15. and hello pretty kitchen! This means I dont always have the quality photos I need (hence the quick reference), but there is SUPER useful information to help you with that! In this beautiful kitchen designed by our leading member, youll see that the dark blue cabinets (a bold choice) are perfectly balanced against the light walls and mirror-shaded tiles. If youre looking for a warmer neutral, this one could work well for you. Do you want to learn more about colour, either for your own home or your clients homes? Theres more to consider, such as exposure, amount of natural light, furnishings, etcand I dont like to just guess! This is a great exterior paint that works well on cabinets, panels, and trim. Despite the name, theres nothing lazy about how this color works for your cabinets. Blue-grays like Online are excellent for people who love a bright pop of neutral dark color. The prep work actually takes longer than painting, so it makes sense to do everything together. Gauntlet grey might be the answer if youre seeking for a grey charcoal color. I love bookshelves with dark, bright finishes because it adds so much drama to the space.. When choosing a dark gray paint colour for a feature wall, cabinets, exterior siding or an ENTIRE ROOM, it's important to note the temperature, LRV and undertones of the gray you're looking at, especially one with a personality like Sherwin Williams Gauntlet Gray! Today's paint color review is all about Sherwin Williams Dovetail SW 7018. We love using light, bright shades of gray for the kitchen cabinets in small rooms with little to no natural lighting sources. Gauntlet Gray is best used as a highlight wall or as an external primary color, trim, or the front door for a more huge effect in a space. It's the perfect color for a distinguished and notable gray that stands out from the crowd." Jenn Smith